Favored Class: Fighter
Suggested Path(s): Arcane Marksman[v], Arcane Marksman[v], Bastion of the Outlands, Bastion of the Outlands, Bastion of the Outlands, Savage of the Wild, Savage of the Wild, Storm of Kargon, Storm of Kargon, The Ingenious Sage, The Ingenious Sage
- +2 Constitution, -2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma: Warforged are resilient and powerful, but their difficulty in relating to other creatures makes them seem aloof or even hostile.
- Immune to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, disease, nausea, fatigue, exhaustion: As living constructs, warforged have a natural immunity to the sickened condition.
- Stabilized by Repair skill, Repair Damage Spells regenerate, Positive energy healing spells (such as Cure spells) half as effective: Damage dealt to a warforged can be healed by Repair Damage spells and warforged are stabilized by the Repair skill, however, Cure and Heal spells and potions only provide half their normal effect.
- +2 armor bonus and 5% chance arcane spell failure: The Composite Plating used to build a warforged takes the place of armor or robes and interferes slightly with spell casting.
- Light Fortification: There is a 25% chance that when a critical hit or sneak attack is scored, it is negated and damage is rolled normally.
Warforged are constructs built to fight in the Last War and the humanoid races of Eberron regard warforged as unpleasant reminders of the brutality of that war. As they strive to be a part of society, warforged struggle to find ways to relate to the other races that created them.
Adventuring is one way that warforged can fit into the world, at least as well as any adventurer ever does. In the wilds of Xen'drik, the ancient continent of secrets, few people care whether you were born or made, as long as you can help keep your companions alive. A fairly large number of warforged choose an adventuring life to escape from the confines of a society that they didn't create and at the same time engage in some meaningful activity.
Originally intended as nothing more than mindless war machines, the warforged acquired sentience due to the arcane experiments intended to improve these weapons of destruction. Through these experiments, the warforged moved away from being true constructs and became alive. The basic and most plentiful warforged are just slightly larger than humans. Larger varieties of warforged-like constructs can also be encountered, as these remnants of the Last War still exist.