Search results

1. rabidfox

Artificer class - bottom tier?

They're pretty fun. Not the top DPS, but quite solid damage. Your epic moment/fusillade with the high rate of fire with lots of procs is doing a lot of the heavy lifting there for that kobold time; I was getting times like that before u66 on arti too if I popped those before opening up.
  2. rabidfox

VIP won't auto renew anymore

I suspect issues with the new store and how it handles things. Others have had issues with that too since they changed things over.
  3. rabidfox

Returning player questions regarding Archivist's necklace and Cleric build

Shouldn't be too bad these days since they added the ability to buy rings of spell storing for Antique bronze token turn ins ( https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Antique_Bronze_Token ). It still requires having access to the Demon Sands adventure pack (and ideally the saltmarsh expansion to make...
  4. rabidfox

Update the bug reporting tool to include missing races

I myself prefer the website from for the most part as I rarely want to be bothered to file a report in the middle of a quest with a XP pot ticking down. I suppose the ideal for me would be if the bug report in-game captured my loc/take's a screenshot/combat log/etc. and then let me fill in the...
  5. rabidfox

Returning player questions regarding Archivist's necklace and Cleric build

I always keep it on me, as it's a free mnemonic device. https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Epic_Ring_of_Spell_Storing & https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Legendary_Ring_of_Spell_Storing a few other items are good to carry too. Just slot it on a hotbar along with whatever necklace you're normally wearing...
  6. rabidfox

Someone must've rolled a very bad effect on a wild magic cast...
  7. rabidfox

UI Scaling

Replace your 27" monitor with a 50" TV, leave it the same distance from you. (but yeah, more in-game scaling would be nice to have)
  8. rabidfox

Some guildies got kicked from argo a few minutes ago. Some are back in, some are still stuck with launcher hanging trying to get back in.
  9. rabidfox

There's been various builds over the years that use GXB with fusillade, or repeater(or dual xbow) with GXB swap on fusillade, or even repeater(or dual xbow)/GXB/regular bow where you swap around for different attacks. I'm usually a bit too lazy for that level of gameplay and with lag there's the...
  10. rabidfox

Tanks had died, etc. And as result I had recast PEI multiple times before the prior cast cooldowns had worn off (thru refreshing the debuff timer and adding an extra stack). Skele's didn't have much incidental damage flying around so I could afford to be like that, other raids (or quests) I...
  11. rabidfox

Positive energy infusion reduces your max HP by 10% per cast of it; but it'll never dip you below 1hp/level.
  12. rabidfox

32hp is all anyone needs to push r10 skele. If you're so glassy that you get 1-shotted no matter what, then you can go as low as you want and it makes no difference. You think arti's need damage nerf'd because they can give out give out deadly and gew buffs? By that view there's zero reason to...
  13. rabidfox

Evard's Black Tentacles + Colors of the Queen = You were killed by misadventure

This is around when I recall someone noticing it. https://forums.ddo.com/index.php?threads/party-murder.10060/post-105431 It could've been happening before then, or a patch around then might have caused it to start happening.
  14. rabidfox

Update the bug reporting tool to include missing races

Classes is an empty text box that we can fill in. Doing that for races would future proof the design.
  15. rabidfox

The DPS chase is a failure in monster design...

Fingers and toes math limit; SSG exceed 20 when they added epic levels so now we're living in dangerous uncharted territory.
  16. rabidfox

Best GOO weapon?

Depends on if there's other in a party bringing debuffs or not. In general, the winning weapons for any warlock (or caster) is gonna be using dino weapons for ash mainhand and ooze offhand (unless you're running the extra stats off staff setup in which case no offhand). If someone else is...
  17. rabidfox

Most satisfying character action ingame

Bugs could totally wind up causing issues, but the intent from SSG appears to be no friendly fire just self-damage from bad effects. There were other bugs I reported but I didn't notice any friendly fire from the typical sources of that type thing (I only did a bit of test on that front this...
  18. rabidfox

This is why people need to check notes and play on lam before judging stuff:
  19. rabidfox

Why? Outside hard content, who's gonna care if someone blows themselves up from a bad proc or not?
  20. rabidfox

U68 Preview 1: Wild Mage Sorcerer Archetype

The original wild mage has a living breathing DM to deal with things and make adjustments on the fly when wild magic goes sideways. So I don't think any comparison to that will hold up in a MMO. They could just rename the two abilities that stop bad effects to "DM's prerogative I" and "DM's...