Update 42 Patch 2 Release Notes
Here are the Release Notes for Update 42 Patch 2, released on Tuesday, June 11th.
News and Notes:
Wish for Memories.
- Wish for Memories is an item you can use in addition to the Heart of Blood when performing a Racial Reincarnation. When using a Wish, you must select a race you own on the account. Upon completion of the reincarnation you will gain a past life of the wish you used, and not the race you previously were.
- Example: I am currently playing a tiefling, I want to earn the racial past life of a human, but I want to stay as a tiefling. You can purchase a Wish for Human Memories to use in addition with the Heart of Blood to earn a Human past life, but stay as a Tiefling.
- Restrictions: You must own the race you want to earn the racial past life on. You must use the Wish in addition to Hearts of Blood.
- Wish for Memories.
- Inquisitive's No Holds Barred and Improved Uncanny Dodge now use the correct icons.
- Inquisitive's Improved Uncanny Dodge now has a much shorter activation time.
- The Stone Shoes weigh less now.
- The Stone Shoes now protect against Sorjek's large swing attack in Tempest Spine and Legendary Tempest Spine.
- Cosmetic items should no longer erroneously have the Minor Artifact flag.
- The Mirror Shield now properly blocks elements.
- Sentience Toolkits now appear in Sharn chests at the same rate as Mists of Ravenloft.
- The Docent of the Celestial Avenger and Docent of the Celestial Sage now have their proper orange borders.
- Arrow of Slaying no longer stops your movement when used.
- The Epic Purifying Quiver now keeps better track of your Bludgeoning Ammunition bypass.
- The Sigil of the Triumvirate now has its correct spelling.
- Higher tier crafting materials are now found in Sharn sagas.
Quests and Adventure Areas
- Fixed an issue where the Good Intentions quest giver would fall through the terrain.
- Corrected an issue with two Cogs mini dungeons where doors were improperly able to be selected.
Too Hot To Handle
- Adjusted down the summon wraith ability of the titan in phases 2 and 3 of the raid on normal and hard difficulty.
- Forge Wraiths in the raid will now stop afflicting players with "become Forge Wraith on death" if a certain number of Forge Wraiths are already active.
- Giant Forge Wraiths now no longer heal themselves after being aggro'd on an enemy for several minutes.
- Forge Wraiths Giants and Enraged Spirits will have less hit points in the Normal and Hard versions of the raid.
- The lava passage is now deadly to frogs.
- Nava will give the correct instructions now if players fix the furnaces before the coolant tanks in phase 3.
- Forge Wraiths in all content were incorrectly applying a bludgeon fort save damage effect, in addition to their fire and evil damage, on their fire jet attack. This bludgeon effect has been removed.
- Lady Thora and Evan Greybeard in House of Pain will no longer try to leave the room of the final fight.
- There is a new Optional Objective related to the Puzzle of Pain in House of Pain that will make the Lady in Black come out of her hideout. Some jumping around is involved.
- Galaztraz from the Thralls of the Fungus Lord now has a greater variety of spells to choose from. Some scripting has also been done to prevent possible issues in the final fight.
- Fixed an issue with the final fight in Same Old Song.
- Sharn chests now drop slightly higher amounts of crafting materials.
- The Otyugh boss in Scavenger Hunt now has its correct hit points.
- Some lighting and texture work has been done in The Sunken Sewer and The Butcher's Path.
- Pass Without Trace and Lucky Cape now properly benefit from Eschew Materials.
- Spawn Screen and Leap of Faith have had their icons properly swapped.
- Several animation issues have been corrected.