Players can transfer characters from one game world to another through the DDO game launcher. This guide explains the process, and has some important information for players wishing to send their characters from one game world to another.
1. Once you log into the game launcher, you’ll see a Transfer button. Push it.
2. Select the world you want to transfer FROM.
3. Select the character(s) you want to transfer. Note that you can Select All.
4. Select the world you want to move TO. Note that if character copy is available for free to our Lamannia public preview server, this option will also display.
6. Your character is now being transferred.
The following things will not transfer with your character:
- Your Friends list
- Your /Ignore list
- Your Guild name, level, airship, amenities, membership ranks, or other guild-related benefits. You will appear in the new world guildless.
- Items in your True Reincarnation Cache
- Items bid on or posted to the Auction Houses
- In-game mail
- Shared Account Bank and Crafting Storage items
- Your Astral Shard balance
- Your Creature Companion Stable
- You cannot be the Leader of a Guild and transfer your character from one world to another. If necessary, please promote a successor or other guild member to Leader, or disband your guild, prior to undergoing a character transfer from one live game world to another. Guild leaders will not display in the Character Transfer UI.
- Character copy to Lamannia preserves your character on the live game world, and is always free. A character Move from one live game world to another is available for DDO Points.
- You cannot be logged into the game world while undergoing a character transfer. If you are, you’ll be kicked from the game world and receive an erroneous “ban” message. You aren’t banned.
- It is possible to transfer back to your original game world after transferring to a different world, but your original guild, airship, True Reincarnation cache, and in-game mail is not preserved.
- If your name is being used on the world you are transferring to, your name will be appended with a -1 and you will be granted a one-time free rename credit. While logged into the character you wish to change the name of, type /changename (new name) into the chat panel to change your name.
- Please do not attempt to transfer your character back to your original game world within 14 days of your transfer.