Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 604
  1. #301

    Default

    It's the upgrades that make them silly. The base items are decent enough on their own.
    Kobold sentient jewel still hate you.

  2. #302
    Community Member Diyon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    It's the upgrades that make them silly. The base items are decent enough on their own.
    Are they really that much more silly than ToD sets though? (okay, granted, yes, a lot of those are kind of cruddy)

    I think this stuff is around the same ball park really.
    Khyber: Runforr 13/6/1 Rog/Ftr/Mnk, Bakup 3/3/1 Mnk/Pal/Rog (TR Pal), Faylah 14 Mnk (TR Mnk), Janthyra 12/7/1 Brb/Rog/Ftr, Ainbthech 20 Sor, Fliethas 18/2 Fvs/Mnk, Unfilled 12/6/2 Mnk/Rgr/Ftr, Arcanemark 10 Wiz "Don't eat us dragon! We're like you, but smaller. And fly worse." - Kobold Crewman on the Heart of Wind

  3. #303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qzipoun View Post
    ...
    Alchemist is -2 SP for Empower, Maximize, Emp Heal, 10/20/30% spell cost reduction when at 50/25/10% total sp
    ...
    Correction: the spell point reductions kick in when you're at 50/25/10% of your total HP, not your total SP. SP would be very powerful, but HP is significantly weaker. Nobody wants to be running with their HP on fumes in a quest difficult enough to warrant serious SP conservation.
    Ascent, Argonnessen ~ Cleatus Yogurthawker | Isostatic Rebound | Mohorovicic Discontinuity | Angular Unconformity
    Ghalanda ~
    Feldspathic Greywacke

  4. #304
    Community Member MrAakmr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    35

    Default

    I'm not really sure if this should go here, or if I should make a separate thread in the crafting sub forums, but oh well.

    I got tired of waiting to see the new items from the raids, so to ease my craving for new stuff i went and looked at the new crafting station/barter box in the wilderness area before the lord of blades raid. I took screenshots of everything in it, and made an album for it. Mostly due to the number of items I'm hesitant to post all the screenshots, so here's the link to the album instead:
    http://mraakmr.imgur.com/ddo_u11_raid_crafting_station

    Enjoy! I know i liked the look of it
    Last edited by MrAakmr; 08-21-2011 at 02:11 AM. Reason: typo

  5. #305
    Community Member SillyWallaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrAakmr View Post
    I'm not really sure if this should go here, or if I should make a separate thread in the crafting sub forums, but oh well.

    I got tired of waiting to see the new items from the raids, so to ease my craving for new stuff i went and looked at the new crafting station/barter box in the wilderness area before the lord of blades raid. I took screenshots of everything in it, and made an album for it. Mostly due to the number of items I'm hesitant to post all the screenshots, so here's the link to the album instead:
    http://mraakmr.imgur.com/ddo_u11_raid_crafting_station

    Enjoy! I know i liked the look of it
    heh, you posted that while I was busy turning my screenshots into words:

    Before using the crafting machine on the Lord of Blades side you need to get an Attuned Alchemical Item. This is done my getting a blank Alchemical Item from the Master Artificer raid and adding one of the following metal types in the Master Artificer side machine:
    • Adamantine
    • Silver
    • Cold Iron
    • Flame Touched Iron
    • Byeshk
    • Crystal


    I went through the crafting device on the way to Lord of Blades and here's what's inside:

    Weapon Augments:

    Tier 1 requires: Attuned Alchemical Item, Khyber Dragonshard of <element>, Martial Cannith Power Cell
    • Air: Shocking Burst, Stunning +10, Awareness 4
    • Earth: Acid Burst, Greater Stone Prison, Earthgrab
    • Water: Icy Burst, Freezing Ice, Fireshield(cold) (like Bracers of the Glacier)
    • Fire: Flaming Burst, Flaming Blast, Seeker +10


    Tier 2 requires: Infused Alchemical Item(Tier 1 item), Khyber Dragonshard of <element> (Refined), Martial Cannith Power Cell
    • Air: Exceptional Dexterity +2, Lightning Strike, Doublestrike 6%
    • Earth: Exceptional Constitution +2, Acid Blast, Disintegration
    • Water: Exceptional Wisdom +2, Crushing Wave, Corrosice Salt
    • Fire: Exceptional Strength +2, Incineration, Righteous


    Tier 3 requires: Dual-Infused Alchemical Item (Tier 2 item), Khyber Dragonshard of <element> (Exquisite), Martial Cannith Power Cell, 10 Epic Dungeon Tokens
    • Air: +6 Enhancement Bonus, Electrifying Blast, Empty Red Augment Slot
    • Earth: +6 Enhancement Bonus, Corrosive Blast, Empty Red Augment Slot
    • Water: +6 Enhancement Bonus, Freezing Blast, Empty Red Augment Slot
    • Fire: +6 Enhancement Bonus, Fiery Blast, Empty Red Augment Slot


    The Tier 3 blast effect is:
    "This weapon is imbued with a <element> wrath. On an attack roll of 20 which is confirmed as a critical hit this <element> power will be released, dealing damage to the target and all enemies near it for 15d6 <element> damage. A successful Reflex save (DC 34) reduces this by half."
    Spell Augment:

    The cost per tier is the same as weapons except that it uses Mystical Cannith Power Cell instead of Martial Cannith Power Cell

    Tier 1:
    Superior <type> IX Item of
    • Air: Superior Magnetism IX, Superior <type> IX, Air Gaurd
    • Earth: Superior Corrosion IX, Superior <type> IX, Earthgrab Gaurd
    • Water: Superior Glaciation IX, Superior <type> IX, Freezing Ice Gaurd
    • Fire: Superior Combustion IX, Superior <type> IX, Magma Surge Gaurd

    <type>:
    • Laceration: Increases the damage of your ~th level and lower slashing and bludgeoning spells by 50%. This effect does not stack with other item effects or potions. Requires Adamantine base item.
    • Radiance. Requires Silver base item.
    • Resonance. Requires Cold Iron base item.
    • Devotion. Requires Flame Touched Iron base item.
    • Nullification. Requires Byeshk base item.
    • Impulse. Requires Crystal base item.


    Tier 2:
    Adds Superior Lore(12% chance, +.5 multiplier) of the base item's two elements. It also says that it removes a clicky of superior spark/erosion/inferno/freeze, but there is no indication that the base items have that ability

    Tier 3:
    • Air: Efficient Metamagic Enlarge II, Greater Enchantment Focus, Spell Focus Mastery +1
    • Earth: Efficient Metamagic Empower II, Greater Conjuration Focus, Greater Spell Penetration IX
    • Water: Efficient Metamagic Extend II, Greater Transmutation Focus, Greater Elemental Spell Power
    • Fire: Efficitent Metamagic Maximize II, Greater Evocation Focus, Aracane Augmentation IX


    Crafting Materials:

    • Crafted in the Master Artificer side machine:
      • 1 Empty Kyhber Dragonshard of (tier) = 200 (tier) Khyber Dragonshard Fragments
      • 1 Attuned Alchemical Item: Prototype Alchemical weapon/shield, Cannith Power Cell, Pliable Ingot, Dense Ingot, Glowing Ingot
    • Crafted in the Lord of Blades side machine:
      • 1 Kyhber Dragonshard of <element> (tier) = 1 Empty Kyhber Dragonshard of (tier) + 1 Spirit of <element>
    • Ingots are crafted in the Cannith Manufactury device from parts dropped by mobs in the explorer areas

    EDIT: Made it clear that you need to add a metal type to a blank before adding Tier 1/2/3
    Last edited by SillyWallaby; 08-23-2011 at 11:54 AM.

  6. #306
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrAakmr View Post
    I'm not really sure if this should go here, or if I should make a separate thread in the crafting sub forums, but oh well.

    I got tired of waiting to see the new items from the raids, so to ease my craving for new stuff i went and looked at the new crafting station/barter box in the wilderness area before the lord of blades raid. I took screenshots of everything in it, and made an album for it. Mostly due to the number of items I'm hesitant to post all the screenshots, so here's the link to the album instead:
    http://mraakmr.imgur.com/ddo_u11_raid_crafting_station

    Enjoy! I know i liked the look of it
    Wow. Some of those triple-infusion recipes look saucy...

  7. #307
    Community Member Jaid314's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SillyWallaby View Post
    heh, you posted that while I was busy turning my screenshots into words:

    I went through the crafting device on the way to Lord of Blades and here's what's inside:
    thank you! no offense to mr aakmr, but this is *much* easier to understand =S

  8. #308
    Community Member MrAakmr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaid314 View Post
    thank you! no offense to mr aakmr, but this is *much* easier to understand =S
    No offense taken! It is way easier to read

    Quote Originally Posted by SillyWallaby View Post

    Tier 2:
    Adds Superior Lore(12% chance, +.5 multiplier) of the base item's two elements. It also says that it removes a clicky of superior spark/erosion/inferno/freeze, but there is no indication that the base items have that ability
    I read that as it adds the clicky, not removes a non-existent one. Mostly as the clicky description is under the fluff text at the bottom, and not properly under the 'Effects removed' description.
    I guess we'll wait to see someone make one before we know for sure. Where are all those slacking powergamers not making this stuff already?!

  9. #309
    Community Member Emili's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    9,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by somerecluse View Post
    even more interesting is how do you have 165% chance to activate?
    Obviously his umd is a 33 at the time he took the screenshots.

    A Baker's dozen in the Prophets of the New Republic and Fallen Heroes.
    Abaigeal(TrBd25), Ailiae(TrDrd2), Ambyre(Rgr25), Amilia(Pl20), Einin(TrRgr25), Emili(TrFgt25), Heathier(TrClc22), Kynah(TrMnk25), Meallach(Brb25), Misbehaven(TrArt22), Myara(Rog22), Rosewood(TrBd25) and Sgail(TrWiz20) little somethings with flavour 'n favour

  10. #310
    Community Member Jaid314's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,416

    Default

    on a side note, my habit of hoarding khyber dragonshards of various sizes is going to come in handy in the near future...

  11. #311
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SillyWallaby View Post
    • 1 Attuned Alchemical Item: Prototype Alchemical weapon/shield, Cannith Power Cell, Pliable Ingot, Dense Ingot,
    [/indent]
    (Emphasis mine) Does this mean you can get all theese goodies on a shield? It would really help my pale master if that is possible...

  12. #312

    Default

    And people were saying Greensteel was too powerful...great googly-moogly.

    Cleric/FvS kinda get screwed, since their spell bonuses are all on the "other" category, so they can't boost 2 useful elements at once (I'd like to put Superior Laceration IX and Superior Devotion IX on the same item, please).

    But picture the Pale Master with:

    Superior Glaciation IX, Superior Nullification IX, Freezing Ice Guard, Major Ice Lore, Major Void Lore, Efficient Metamagic: Empower II, Greater Conjuration Focus, Greater Spell Pen IX.

    All on ONE ITEM.
    Kobold sentient jewel still hate you.

  13. #313
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    And people were saying Greensteel was too powerful...great googly-moogly.

    Cleric/FvS kinda get screwed, since their spell bonuses are all on the "other" category, so they can't boost 2 useful elements at once (I'd like to put Superior Laceration IX and Superior Devotion IX on the same item, please).

    But picture the Pale Master with:

    Superior Glaciation IX, Superior Nullification IX, Freezing Ice Guard, Major Ice Lore, Major Void Lore, Efficient Metamagic: Empower II, Greater Conjuration Focus, Greater Spell Pen IX.

    All on ONE ITEM.
    Most pale masters have Void lore on robe. Epic Robe of Shadow is (or, better said, was; and probably will be again), in particular, very easy to obitain.

  14. #314
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SillyWallaby View Post
    lotsa stuff
    Think those tiers stack? So if you went triple air, you'd get +6 Shocking Burst, Stunning +10, HA +4, Exc Dex +2, 6% Doublestrike, Lightning strike, Electric Blast thingy, and a Red Augment slot? Those would be the ultimate dream wraps for a monk...

  15. #315
    Community Member Jay203's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    6,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    But picture the Pale Master with:

    Superior Glaciation IX, Superior Nullification IX, Freezing Ice Guard, Major Ice Lore, Major Void Lore, Efficient Metamagic: Empower II, Greater Conjuration Focus, Greater Spell Pen IX.

    All on ONE ITEM.
    i don't think that's possible...

    wait.. nvm...
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

  16. #316
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    553

    Default

    Also, another question... is it possible to combine elements?

    IE. Could I get Earthgrab guard (tier 1-earth); Major Ice lore (tier 2-water) and Arcane Augmentation IX (tier 3-fire) on same item?

  17. #317
    Community Member SillyWallaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by budalic View Post
    (Emphasis mine) Does this mean you can get all theese goodies on a shield? It would really help my pale master if that is possible...
    My understanding is yes, these can all go on a shield

    Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    And people were saying Greensteel was too powerful...great googly-moogly.

    Cleric/FvS kinda get screwed, since their spell bonuses are all on the "other" category, so they can't boost 2 useful elements at once (I'd like to put Superior Laceration IX and Superior Devotion IX on the same item, please).

    But picture the Pale Master with:

    Superior Glaciation IX, Superior Nullification IX, Freezing Ice Guard, Major Ice Lore, Major Void Lore, Efficient Metamagic: Empower II, Greater Conjuration Focus, Greater Spell Pen IX.

    All on ONE ITEM.
    It's superior lore, not major. It's even better
    Quote Originally Posted by budalic View Post
    Also, another question... is it possible to combine elements?

    IE. Could I get Earthgrab guard (tier 1-earth); Major Ice lore (tier 2-water) and Arcane Augmentation IX (tier 3-fire) on same item?
    You should be able to combine different elements on different tiers. I'm not sure about combing weapon & spell augments. I'd have to go back and check.

    EDIT: Went back to take a look. Each Tier of weapon/spell augment creates the same type of alchemical item, so it does look like you can combine weapon and spell augments(but spell augments 1 & 2 are restricted based on the items base metal type)

    Also, it's an easy invis(more than 1, multiple levers) run to the machines. Getting to the Lord of Blades device requires picking a lock or fightign 3 golems instead.

    In conclusion, awsome crafting is awsome, but we have no idea how much grind is involved in getting the mats
    Last edited by SillyWallaby; 08-21-2011 at 04:23 AM.

  18. #318
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SillyWallaby View Post
    You should be able to combine different elements on different tiers. I'm not sure about combing weapon & spell augments. I'd have to go back and check.

    EDIT: Went back to take a look. Each Tier of weapon/spell augment creates the same type of alchemical item, so it does look like you can combine weapon and spell augments(but spell augments 1 & 2 are restricted based on the items base metal type)

    Also, it's an easy invis(more than 1, multiple levers) run to the machines. Getting to the Lord of Blades device requires picking a lock or fightign 3 golems instead.

    In conclusion, awsome crafting is awsome, but we have no idea how much grind is involved in getting the mats
    Thanks. Adamantine alchemical heavy shield w/Earth-Water-Fire (or possibly Earth-Earth-Fire) triple spell-casting infusion, here I come!

  19. #319
    Community Member mrtreats's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaid314 View Post
    on a side note, my habit of hoarding khyber dragonshards of various sizes is going to come in handy in the near future...
    no the ones needed are from lord of blades end chest
    Server: Fernia Guild: Southern Tenant Farmers Union
    MrTreats:lv20 Fighter Huma Macleod:lvl20Pali WF Octavius:lvl20 Rgr Drow Ramrez:lvl20 Clr Halfling Faygo:lvl20 Rog Drow Ampata:lvl20 Wiz Drow Bach:lvl17 Bard Drow Odafin:lvl5 Life 10 Seeley:lvl1 Barb 1/2 Orc

  20. #320
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    500

    Default

    boy, i hope handwraps are not left out from this new crafting too.

    have anyone seen a blank pair of handwraps?

Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload