Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Ghostbane?

  1. #1
    Community Member Rykka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,799

    Default Ghostbane?

    So what's up with this? Did mabar's aug flood the game with stacking enhancements? Is it more than that?

  2. #2
    Hero of the People Golddragon87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rykka View Post
    So what's up with this? Did mabar's aug flood the game with stacking enhancements? Is it more than that?
    When the new Shadowfell Expansion came out they re-did the loot tables. A lot of old enchantments that people loved were removed from the loot tables all together. In it's current incarnation the single most common weapon enhancement that seems to drop is Ghostbane. As this is less then optimal for all the older players with much better loot it is highly frowned upon. We miss our older more interesting enchantments. Think of Ghostbane as the official Mascot/Scapegoat of the widely considered failed loot changes.

  3. #3

    Default

    Friends dont let friends ghostbane
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

    “A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

  4. #4

  5. #5
    Community Member PNGameAcct's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    92

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atremus View Post
    Friends dont let friends ghostbane
    I got yer ghostbane RIGHT HEEEEERE!

    *Fires off a Turn Undead*

    There's 3 types of weapons you can get now: Ghostbane, Riposte, or Ghostbane of Riposte. That should cover 95% of all content a level 4 player will run (apparently low level players were dropping out of the game because they couldn't hit incorporeal targets with their Fire Touch Heavy maces or something...)

  6. #6
    Community Member Vellrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    7,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Golddragon87 View Post
    When the new Shadowfell Expansion came out they re-did the loot tables. A lot of old enchantments that people loved were removed from the loot tables all together. In it's current incarnation the single most common weapon enhancement that seems to drop is Ghostbane. As this is less then optimal for all the older players with much better loot it is highly frowned upon. We miss our older more interesting enchantments. Think of Ghostbane as the official Mascot/Scapegoat of the widely considered failed loot changes.
    Don't forget that regular banes and bursts were too complicated for new players and vets alike.
    So Turbine, in their infinite wisdom, removed banes and bursts, replacing the latter with flaming VII or shocking III.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

  7. #7
    Community Member Rykka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Golddragon87 View Post
    When the new Shadowfell Expansion came out they re-did the loot tables. A lot of old enchantments that people loved were removed from the loot tables all together. In it's current incarnation the single most common weapon enhancement that seems to drop is Ghostbane. As this is less then optimal for all the older players with much better loot it is highly frowned upon. We miss our older more interesting enchantments. Think of Ghostbane as the official Mascot/Scapegoat of the widely considered failed loot changes.
    Heh. Yo comprende.

  8. #8
    Community Member kmoustakas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,256

    Default

    What's worse is, at some end rewards you don't get guild reknown. So you HAVE to pick up something if you want to re-run the quest. Unless it's an accessory for deadly of resistance or stat of false life I don't even bother vendoring anymore.

  9. #9
    Community Member Noctus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4,588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kmoustakas View Post
    What's worse is, at some end rewards you don't get guild reknown. So you HAVE to pick up something if you want to re-run the quest. Unless it's an accessory for deadly of resistance or stat of false life I don't even bother vendoring anymore.

    Since you cant see any more what an item really is from the name i simply stopped hovering over each and every loot item and simply vendor it all. The only stuff i even glance at is when it comes with a colored border.

    Because 99.99% of the rest will be Retributive Ghostbane of 40% Fortification.
    Erzskalde (Warchanter) / Erzassassin (just passing through - ignore me) / Erzsoldat (waiting for TR-time) / Erzschmied (ranged Artificer)

  10. #10
    2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    7,489

    Default

    I see the changes to the enchantments on loot a step in the right direction: scalable bonuses.

  11. #11
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post
    I see the changes to the enchantments on loot a step in the right direction: scalable bonuses.
    The only scaling they need is this:

    elemental damage --> elemental burst

    Period.

    So you might see it as the right direction, but you're wrong.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload