Default Thunderholm rares

Pretty sure this is a bug, just wanted confirmation: the rare rust monster Brightbane sometimes spawns twice in the same instance. The first one you kill grants xp and chest. The second just a chest.

Another strange thing I noticed: once, Egil the Rage Singer just walked past me in his non-active mode (his name was in yellow) and started attacking the netherese on the walkways in the mirror part before the marketplace. It was fun watching him trounce them

And finally, just a question: has anyone gotten the rare Detritus? I've gotten all 11 except him. Any clues to where he is?
    Keepers of Khyber - Proud Guild Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    This is how it should scale: Random loot < Named Loot < Raid Named Loot.
    The Trophy Room A great idea. Please do this devs!

Quote Originally Posted by FAQ View Post
    Pretty sure this is a bug, just wanted confirmation: the rare rust monster Brightbane sometimes spawns twice in the same instance. The first one you kill grants xp and chest. The second just a chest.

Another strange thing I noticed: once, Egil the Rage Singer just walked past me in his non-active mode (his name was in yellow) and started attacking the netherese on the walkways in the mirror part before the marketplace. It was fun watching him trounce them

And finally, just a question: has anyone gotten the rare Detritus? I've gotten all 11 except him. Any clues to where he is?
    I've seen Detritus in the forge area, very close to the actual forge. He probably won't spawn if you teleport directly there, but you can port to the raid and walk back easily enough. I've seen at least one rare that also didn't activate. It may have been Egil as I remember he was in the mirror area there.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    I've seen Detritus in the forge area, very close to the actual forge. He probably won't spawn if you teleport directly there, but you can port to the raid and walk back easily enough. I've seen at least one rare that also didn't activate. It may have been Egil as I remember he was in the mirror area there.
    Tyvm, I'll go look for him tomorrow

Tyvm, I'll go look for him tomorrow
    I may be confusing that Detritus with the other Detritus in Ataraxia. Apologies if that's the case. The wiki is still a bit incomplete. Odd that they feel the need to have two mobs with the same name. I may be thinking of the earth elemental ember.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

Killed D this morning. He looks great - sparkle glutaneous cube construct thing. Yes he's near but not in the forge area.
    ~ Crimson Eagles of Khyber ~
    ~ Melianny ~ Melizzic ~ Melton ~ Meliambit ~ Mellant ~ Melimenace ~ Melangst ~

Ok, here are some rare spawn locations I have found. Note that this list is definitly not complete.

Agartha - can spawn in the mirror puzzle at the top (attic)

Cassa Goldwright - can spawn in one of the rooms of the entrance area (top or bottom floor)

Ulmer Bloodpenny - can spawn in one of the rooms of the entrance area (I've only seen him in the bottom floor)

Night Whisperer - spawns after you talk to one of the two War Wizards arguing. Can spawn in the lake area on the lower walkway or in the North Cave the bends West and also in the Netherese area in the big room that leads to the ritual area

Brightbane - can spawn in: the mushroom area in two places (south cave or in mushroom forest to the east) or the lake area on the top walkway

Detritus - can spawn in the ritual room in the Netherese area, after you kill the two wizards in the area

Ember - Forge Area (spawns even if you port there directly)

Fleetwing - can spawn in the Netherese area in one of the rooms or in the ritual room along with his master

Daelus Madune - can spawn in the Netherese area in one of the rooms or in the ritual room

Gatewarden - can spawn in the bottom floor of the bottom mirror puzzle (at entrance to marketplace)

Egil - can spawn in the walkways of the bottom mirror puzzle to open marketplace or the entrance to this area

Izataran Gar - can spawn in the walkways of the bottom mirror puzzle to open marketplace or in one of the corners of the marketplace

Thanks to jaegarnel and scoobmx for Detritus' location
    Last edited by FAQ; 03-15-2014 at 02:26 PM.

Ok, here are some rare spawn locations I have found. Note that this list is definitly not complete.

Cassa Goldwright - can spawn in one of the rooms of the entrance area (top or bottom floor)

Ulmer Bloodpenny - can spawn in one of the rooms of the entrance area (I've only seen him in the bottom floor)

Night Whisperer - spawns after you talk to one of the two War Wizards arguing. Can spwan in the lake area on the lower walkway or in the North Cave the bends West

Brightbane - can spawn in: the mushroom area in two places (south cave or in mushroom forest to the east) or the lake area on the top walkway

Detritus - ???

Fleetwing - can spawn in the Netherese area in one of the rooms or in the ritual room along with his master

Daelus Madune - can spawn in the Netherese area in one of the rooms or in the ritual room

Gatewarden - can spawn in the bottom floor of the bottom mirror puzzle (at entrance to marketplace)

Egil - can spawn in the walkways of the bottom mirror puzzle to open marketplace or the entrance to this area

Izataran Gar - can spawn in the walkways of the bottom mirror puzzle to open marketplace or in one of the corners of the marketplace

I am missing Detritus, in spite of of 1795 kills, so some pointers would be appreciated
    Nice work.
    Personally I found Detritus once, in the Netherese area, but there's nothing to indicate he's there at first. In one of the small rooms to the north, there are two wizards that look like they're summoning something, if you kill them, then Detritus will spawn.

Detritus is in the forge area up some steps toward what looks like a dead end with some rubble. There are 2 wizard mobs there as well.
    Scoobmx Scoobshot Arcscoob Beefscoob : Imperial Assassins : Argonnessen
    My Builds : Abbot Raid Manual : Weapon Damage Modeler : My Trades

Thank you both very much for the info. Just found him. I'll edit my post to include his location.

Quote Originally Posted by MeliCat View Post
    sparkle glutaneous cube construct thing
    ...gelatinous...?
    Scoobmx Scoobshot Arcscoob Beefscoob : Imperial Assassins : Argonnessen
    My Builds : Abbot Raid Manual : Weapon Damage Modeler : My Trades

Community Member

Default Detritus

Night Whisperer - spawns after you talk to one of the two War Wizards arguing. Can spawn in the lake area on the lower walkway or in the North Cave the bends West and also in the Netherese area in the big room that leads to the ritual area

Detritus - can spawn in the ritual room in the Netherese area, after you kill the two wizards in the area

Thanks to jaegarnel and scoobmx for Detritus' location
    I have found Detritus 5 or 6 times - always in the Netherese area. Usually in one of the "hallway" style rooms with multiple exits, twice in the large dead end room off the room with the lever in the center that open two doors opposite of it. I believe you need to kill a pair of wizards to get him to spawn - I have never seem him before killing the wizards.

Quote Originally Posted by scoobmx View Post
    ...gelatinous...?
    Ember is kind of like a walking Sterno® cube...
    Short Fat Bald Guys of Khyber: Zyp, Klod, and a bunch of mules...

...gelatinous...?
    Yes. Available in gluten-free option!
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Thanks for list.

Today, after maintenance, over 5 or 6 runs I couldn't encounter any undead rare, construct nor elemental.

IDK if this is bad luck or something's broken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

...gelatinous...?
    With sparkles!

Maybe it's my graphics settings but I thought of the Fens optional. With bits in it. And sparkles.

~ Crimson Eagles of Khyber ~
    ~ Melianny ~ Melizzic ~ Melton ~ Meliambit ~ Mellant ~ Melimenace ~ Melangst ~

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Thanks for list.

Today, after maintenance, over 5 or 6 runs I couldn't encounter any undead rare, construct nor elemental.

IDK if this is bad luck or something's broken.
    Running the area with a guildie to get him flagged, I found the construct and elemental. I didn't find any of the undead though, which seemed a bit strange to me since they're the rares that spawn the most for me.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

I haven't seen Dagan the Death Knight or Sarva Bellistrae (Cult of the Dragon Emissary) since I killed each of them the first time. Are they no longer available for me to kill or am I just unlucky and haven't happened to encounter them since the first time when they're guaranteed?

I did walk from the entrance and did not use the guide to get to them and I've tried a few times to get them to spawn while soloing the area.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    I haven't seen Dagan the Death Knight or Sarva Bellistrae (Cult of the Dragon Emissary) since I killed each of them the first time. Are they no longer available for me to kill or am I just unlucky and haven't happened to encounter them since the first time when they're guaranteed?

I did walk from the entrance and did not use the guide to get to them and I've tried a few times to get them to spawn while soloing the area.
    Dagan and Sarva should always be up. At least they've always been there for me whenever I didn't port in next to their spawn point. And whenever I port to their respective raid entrance, their chest is up, but they're not.

Dumb questions probably, but did you make sure to reset the area? Were their chests there and still locked?