Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Trollerific Suggetion for Epic Green Steel

Once in a while I feel charitable, today I will share my latest brilliant idea with you mammals free of charge.

Okay . . . we all want Epic Shroud with Epic Green Steel.

BUT . . . Turbine just released a new pack with two raid with craftable weapons. If Turbine did make Epic Green Steel they would either need to make it weaker than Thunderforged, in which case nobody would bother, or stronger which would invalidate the Thunderforged content. One way or another BOTH options are bad.

Where Turbine has gone horribly wrong since MOTU is loot isn't worth the pixels it's printed on since almost everything gets invalidated and update or two later or was complete garbage in the first place. Every update makes the end-game smaller instead of larger, this is a terrible way to do this.

The 'old' Turbine didn't do this. Pre-MoTU people were still running Titan, Reaver, VOD, HoX, etc . . . for loot because though newer loot was available the old raids still had stuff worth pursuing. Even LoB didn't invalidate Green Steel, it's added to the game instead of making it smaller.

The last thing the game needs right now is to be made smaller . . . so how do you add Epic Green Steel to the game without making the loot that came before it worthless?

The answer is Green Steel AUGMENTS and not items. Instead of making a Epic Lightning II Khopesh you'd make a Epic Lightning II Red Crystal that would add the Holy/shock/shock/Lightning Strike to whatever weapons you slot it in.

Same with items . . . Blue or yellow Crystals. Slot Con-op into a slot on one of your other items.

This solution will give people something to grind for WITHOUT INVALIDATING ANY OTHER CONTENT. Makes the game larger, not smaller.

So there it is mammals. I have many other brilliant ideas that can save DDO but the rest aren't free. But as always, my rates are reasonable.

Community Member stoopid_cowboy's Avatar

I could totally endorse Epic GS Augments!

But I am still also waiting for Epic Tempest Spine too...
    Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    I guess pants can be optional

This is sort of brilliant. I mean, the power creep would be insane. But it already is anyway, so I'm not sure how much that matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard_Zero View Post
    One day I just wrote "Why Do I Die So Much?" in party chat, and that is how I learned about fortification.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardtrick View Post
    This is sort of brilliant. I mean, the power creep would be insane. But it already is anyway, so I'm not sure how much that matters.
    We've already hit full-****** with the power-creep. What I don't want is to see yet another set of raids invalidated by something new.

Not really... Would add a little power creep, but not a huge amount. How much would a LitII augment add to a fight against an EE mob with 200K hp? The 2% chance to do 600 damage would be pretty insignificant.

Heck, make it a generic raid system template:

Core Item:
    T1 = ability + slot.
    T2 = second/upgraded ability + 2nd slot.
    T3 = third/further upgrade + 3rd slot.
    T4 = automatically sacrifices halflings.

Augs keyed for each tier.
    Last edited by Scraap; 05-08-2014 at 05:06 PM.
    This Space For Rant.

Quote Originally Posted by Scraap View Post
    T4 = automatically sacrifices halflings.

Augs keyed for each tier.
    I believe the Shroud Alters should require a halfling as a crafting ingredient.

Quote Originally Posted by stoopid_cowboy View Post
    Not really... Would add a little power creep, but not a huge amount. How much would a LitII augment add to a fight against an EE mob with 200K hp? The 2% chance to do 600 damage would be pretty insignificant.
    Compared to the power that is Mortal Fear it wouldn't even matter on trash.

Against red/purple it would be nice enough to grind for.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Compared to the power that is Mortal Fear it wouldn't even matter on trash.
    More proof that monks need to be njerfed

More proof that monks need to be njerfed
    Far be it from me to ever suggest that happen, but that's off topic.

Maybe I misunderstood -- I thought his suggestion was to add all tiers of Shroud. So rather than just the 2% chance to do 600 damage, you'd also be adding the Holy, Shocking Burst, and Shocking Blast effects.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard_Zero View Post
    One day I just wrote "Why Do I Die So Much?" in party chat, and that is how I learned about fortification.

Maybe I misunderstood -- I thought his suggestion was to add all tiers of Shroud. So rather than just the 2% chance to do 600 damage, you'd also be adding the Holy, Shocking Burst, and Shocking Blast effects.
    Even still with trash mobs having 50k+ hp, the minute extra damage from the other adders may shorten the fight a few seconds. In extreme cases it could shorten the fight a minute or two.
    But after all, who wants to beat on a red named trash mob for 5 minutes?

(enter Teh_Troll about the red named trash mobs)

Best/most-workable Epic Shroud suggestion I've seen in a while.

Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

sounds fun, and why not. gives a reason to make more GS items/weapons for the game.
    maybe if they where to do this they could make the first portal stay open for longer.
    as long as they dont break more stuff im for it

Great idea.

+1 Hjealz to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertay View Post
    While they were at it though, the devs decided to go on an incredible nerfhammer rampage and left nothing in their wake standing...

excellent idea--maybe also update cannith crafting to allow some basic augment crafting as well, for lower-level stuff.

Why not extend this to all raids--have them able to drop materials for augment crafting? That would redeem all of the old ones instead of just focusing on an idea for the Shroud? Or some other variant like this?
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level.
    Decreased playtime since update 55 (Summer 2022) as I will not play the level cap increase

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    Why not extend this to all raids--have them able to drop materials for augment crafting? That would redeem all of the old ones instead of just focusing on an idea for the Shroud? Or some other variant like this?
    The most important thing for Turbine to do is to NOT have new content make old content a waste of time. In the golden age of DDO end-game they managed to balance this fine.

Could you imagine a Claw Set Blue Augment? Or a Tharnes Yellow Crystal?

It's not a terrible idea for Epicifying old stuff as Augments will never invalidate actual gear.

The most important thing for Turbine to do is to NOT have new content make old content a waste of time. In the golden age of DDO end-game they managed to balance this fine.

Could you imagine a Claw Set Blue Augment? Or a Tharnes Yellow Crystal?

It's not a terrible idea for Epicifying old stuff as Augments will never invalidate actual gear.
    Yeah, pretty much what I was driving at with the template notion-tweak above. Say take your hound shield, call the hjeel-on-hit chance it's iconic ability (meaning that's where it drops, period), give it 3 aug slots that can fit ones from any raid so you can mixnmatch, done.
    This Space For Rant.

Once in a while I feel charitable, today I will share my latest brilliant idea with you mammals free of charge.

Okay . . . we all want Epic Shroud with Epic Green Steel.

BUT . . . Turbine just released a new pack with two raid with craftable weapons. If Turbine did make Epic Green Steel they would either need to make it weaker than Thunderforged, in which case nobody would bother, or stronger which would invalidate the Thunderforged content. One way or another BOTH options are bad.

Where Turbine has gone horribly wrong since MOTU is loot isn't worth the pixels it's printed on since almost everything gets invalidated and update or two later or was complete garbage in the first place. Every update makes the end-game smaller instead of larger, this is a terrible way to do this.

The 'old' Turbine didn't do this. Pre-MoTU people were still running Titan, Reaver, VOD, HoX, etc . . . for loot because though newer loot was available the old raids still had stuff worth pursuing. Even LoB didn't invalidate Green Steel, it's added to the game instead of making it smaller.

The last thing the game needs right now is to be made smaller . . . so how do you add Epic Green Steel to the game without making the loot that came before it worthless?

The answer is Green Steel AUGMENTS and not items. Instead of making a Epic Lightning II Khopesh you'd make a Epic Lightning II Red Crystal that would add the Holy/shock/shock/Lightning Strike to whatever weapons you slot it in.

Same with items . . . Blue or yellow Crystals. Slot Con-op into a slot on one of your other items.

This solution will give people something to grind for WITHOUT INVALIDATING ANY OTHER CONTENT. Makes the game larger, not smaller.

So there it is mammals. I have many other brilliant ideas that can save DDO but the rest aren't free. But as always, my rates are reasonable.
    I want to say something negative, but this... is a BRILLIANT idea! Turn greensteel into augments!

Imagine slotting THREE greensteel augments into Adamantine Knuckles! That would be INSANE!

Quote Originally Posted by Certon View Post
    I want to say something negative, but this... is a BRILLIANT idea! Turn greensteel into augments!
    The first sign of evolution is recognizing my brilliance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Certon View Post
    Imagine slotting THREE greensteel augments into Adamantine Knuckles! That would be INSANE!
    True, and probably a hell of a grind to get. Possibly a for balance issues maybe only one per item but that's a detail the devil can figure out later.
    Last edited by Teh_Troll; 05-09-2014 at 04:22 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast