Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 420 of 554
  1. #401
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CThruTheEgo View Post
    Harper came out and changed how I would have set up enhancements during leveling, but by that time I was already at cap so I don't know what exactly I would have done. The useful enhancements in warchanter are fairly obvious, but there's quite a bit of stuff in harper that would also be useful. Most points are going to go into swashbuckler soit's just a matter of which one you want secondary. In general, I'd say harper to improve just your own performance and warchanter to improve group performance.
    I see thank you just one last thing

    If I don't own Harper agent do you suggest warchanter over spellsinger secondary for leveling?
    (Basically what was the better leveling tree before the update)

  2. #402
    The Hatchery CThruTheEgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maayan2003 View Post
    I see thank you just one last thing

    If I don't own Harper agent do you suggest warchanter over spellsinger secondary for leveling?
    (Basically what was the better leveling tree before the update)
    Warchanter for leveling, spellsinger for endgame. The DCs from spellsinger are not needed for leveling and the dps is so good on this build that's not worth it to stop melee to use the SLAs. Plus, warchanter improves your dps even more.
    Unarmed monk guide with builds|The Arcane Warrior: wiz/fighter hybrids|White Feather Sniper: CC/dps focused deepwood stalker|The Divine Cuisinart: divine crusader tempest|The Count of Monte Cristo: swashbuckler|Hassan's Assassin: dex assassin|Dubbell O'Seven: WF artificer|Santa's Little Slayer: dragonmarked elf centered kensai

  3. #403

    Default

    Since your OP is chock full of all relevant information (and because I really like the build), I made a build in my planner for testing purposes. I ended up with two minor questions:

    - Why do you wait until level 17 to get cure moderate wounds? I would think that would be the first level 2 spell you'd want.
    - The extra skill points in jump, bluff and diplo come from an int tome, yes? What do you cut out if you don't have a tome?

    (EDIT: After getting feedback on both the above questions I updated the build file and re-generated the output to more accurately represent the OP.)

    Here's how it ended up looking if you're curious:


    The Count of Monte Cristo
    Bard 20
    True Neutral Human


    Stats
    . . . . . . . .32pt . . 34pt. . .36pt. . .Level Up
    . . . . . . . .---- . . ----. . .----. . .--------
    Strength. . . . .8. . . . 8 . . . 10 . . . 4: CHA
    Dexterity . . . 15. . . .15 . . . 15 . . . 8: CHA
    Constitution. . 15. . . .16 . . . 16 . . .12: CHA
    Intelligence. . .8. . . . 8 . . . .8 . . .16: CHA
    Wisdom. . . . . .8. . . . 8 . . . .8 . . .20: CHA
    Charisma. . . . 18. . . .18 . . . 18 . . .24: CHA
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 28: CHA


    Skills
    . . . . . 1 .2. 3 .4. 5 .6. 7 .8. 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    . . . . .------------------------------------------------------------
    Perform . 4 .1. 1 .1. 1 .1. 1 .1. 1 .1. 1 .1. 1 .1. 1 .1. 1 .1. 1 .1. 23
    Balance . 4 .1. 1 .1. 1 .1. 1 .1. 1 .1. 1 .1. 1 .1. 1 .1. 1 .1. 1 .1. 23
    UMD . . . 4 .1. 1 .1. 1 .1. 1 .1. 1 .1. 1 .1. 1 .1. 1 .1. 1 .1. 1 .1. 23
    Haggle. . 1 . . . . . . . . 1 .1. 1 .1. 1 .1. 1 .1. 1 .1. 1 .1. 1 .1. 15
    Heal. . . 2 . . 1 . . 1 . . 1 . . 1 . . 1 . . 1 . . 1 . . 1 . . 1 . . 11
    Intim . . 1 .1. . .1. . .1. . .1. . .1. . .1. . .1. . .1. . .1. . .1. 11
    Jump. . . 4 .1. 1 .1. 1 .1. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .9
    Tumble. . 1 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1
    . . . . .------------------------------------------------------------
    . . . . .24 .6. 6 .6. 6 .6. 6 .6. 6 .6. 6 .6. 6 .6. 6 .6. 6 .6. 6 .6



    Feats

    .1. . . . : Single Weapon Fighting
    .1 Human. : Shield Mastery
    .3. . . . : Precision
    .6. . . . : Spell Focus: Enchantment
    .9. . . . : Improved Single Weapon Fighting
    12. . . . : Improved Critical: Piercing
    15. . . . : Greater Single Weapon Fighting
    18. . . . : Quicken Spell
    21 Epic . : Improved Shield Mastery
    24 Epic . : Overwhelming Critical
    26 Destiny: Perfect Two Weapon Fighting
    27 Epic . : Inspire Excellence
    28 Destiny: Perfect Single Weapon Fighting


    Spells

    1. Focusing Chant, Feather Fall, Hypnotism, Grease, Merfolk's Blessing
    2. Blur, Invisibility, Rage, Hypnotic Pattern, Cure Moderate Wounds
    3. Displacement, Haste, Cure Serious Wounds, Good Hope, Dispel Magic
    4. Freedom of Movement, Cure Critical Wounds, Dimension Door, Otto's Sphere of Dancing, Break Enchantment
    5. Greater Heroism, Mind Fog, Shadow Walk, Mass Cure Light Wounds, Greater Dispel Magic
    6. Otto's Irresistible Dance, Mass Charm Monster, Mass Cure Moderate Wounds, Heroes' Feast


    Enhancements (80 AP)

    Swashbuckler (43 AP)
    • Confidence, Swashbuckling, Uncanny Dodge, Panache, Roll with the Punches, Evasive Maneuvers
      1. On Your Toes III, Tavern Shanties I
      2. Fast Movement, Double Strike Boost III
      3. Skirmisher, Resonant Arms III, Smooth Flourishes, Charisma
      4. Low Blow, Charisma
      5. Thread the Needle, Second Skin III, Exploit Weakness, Coup de Grace: Melee

    Spellsinger (23 AP)
    • Spellsinger, Music of the Sewers, Music of the Dead, Music of the Makers
      1. Studies: Magical III, Lingering Songs III
      2. Willful III, Wand and Scroll Mastery II, Marigold Crown: Yellow
      3. Spell Song Trance I, Charisma
      4. Charisma

    Harper Agent (10 AP)
    • Agent of Good I, Charisma
      1. Harper Enchantment, Traveler's Toughness II
      2. Versatile Adept III

    Human (3 AP)
    • Damage Boost, Charisma

    Warchanter (1 AP)
    • Skaldic: Constitution


    Destiny (24 AP)

    Divine Crusader
    1. Bane of Undeath, Purge the Wicked, Charisma
    2. Consecration III, Charisma
    3. Sacred Ground, Charisma
    4. Crusade, Charisma
    5. Celestial Champion, Charisma
    6. Charisma

    Twists of Fate (18 fate points)
    1. Reign (Tier 3 Fatesinger)
    2. Legendary Shield Mastery (Tier 2 Sentinel)
    3. School Specialist: Enchantment (Tier 2 Magister)

  4. #404
    The Hatchery CThruTheEgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Since your OP is chock full of all relevant information (and because I really like the build), I made a build in my planner for testing purposes.
    Good stuff Ellis. I'll add a link to this post in the OP.

    Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    - Why do you wait until level 17 to get cure moderate wounds? I would think that would be the first level 2 spell you'd want.
    I use cure serious pots on all my characters until level 10ish and find them to be more than sufficient. Plus, I get CSW at level 8 and CCW at 10. So I don't find CMW necessary and prefer to take convenience and buff spells first. The only reason I take CMW at all is because I run out of spells worth taking.

    Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    - The extra skill points in jump, bluff and diplo come from an int tome, yes? What do you cut out if you don't have a tome?
    Without the extra points from an int tome, I would drop bluff and diplo for sure as those are only used for skill optionals and they're not even needed for that. I only put 1 point in tumble out of convention, but tbh I never use tumble on any character. I just always keep thinking that maybe someday I will lol. So that can go also. I would drop haggle as well, that's really not needed. The points in jump brought me up to an even 40 without a jump clicky iirc. If you've got a clicky, then you can drop it altogether.
    Unarmed monk guide with builds|The Arcane Warrior: wiz/fighter hybrids|White Feather Sniper: CC/dps focused deepwood stalker|The Divine Cuisinart: divine crusader tempest|The Count of Monte Cristo: swashbuckler|Hassan's Assassin: dex assassin|Dubbell O'Seven: WF artificer|Santa's Little Slayer: dragonmarked elf centered kensai

  5. #405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CThruTheEgo View Post
    but tbh I never use tumble on any character. I just always keep thinking that maybe someday I will lol.
    you use that one point in tumble much more than you think. It is used every time your character jumps or falls more than say 3'. This one point in tumble negates the falling damage from that first 10'.

    Uurlock is on his final PDK life using this build. Will IR out once Lamannia goes live this week. Waiting because tr cache doesn't carry over and since switching to a new build...

  6. #406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    ... I made a build in my planner for testing purposes.

    any way to get the .bld file? that is one advantage of the full planner - easy to post / import builds. ;p

  7. #407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CThruTheEgo View Post
    I use cure serious pots on all my characters until level 10ish and find them to be more than sufficient. Plus, I get CSW at level 8 and CCW at 10. So I don't find CMW necessary and prefer to take convenience and buff spells first. The only reason I take CMW at all is because I run out of spells worth taking.
    Ah, gotcha. Makes total sense.

    Without the extra points from an int tome, I would drop bluff and diplo for sure as those are only used for skill optionals and they're not even needed for that. I only put 1 point in tumble out of convention, but tbh I never use tumble on any character. I just always keep thinking that maybe someday I will lol. So that can go also. I would drop haggle as well, that's really not needed. The points in jump brought me up to an even 40 without a jump clicky iirc. If you've got a clicky, then you can drop it altogether.
    Thanks much.

    I updated my build file to reflect both of these and edited the above post with the new output. Regarding skills, I ended up with everything listed in the OP except 15 haggle instead of 23, and no intim or diplo. Pretty much perfect.

    Quote Originally Posted by UurlockYgmeov View Post
    any way to get the .bld file? that is one advantage of the full planner - easy to post / import builds. ;p
    Yes, but I have some thoughts on this. To avoid hijacking this build thread I'll take that conversation over to the planner thread.

  8. #408
    The Hatchery CThruTheEgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Regarding skills, I ended up with everything listed in the OP except 15 haggle instead of 23, and no intim or diplo.
    I originally did not have intim at all, but added it during an LR when updating the build after a game update. I added it because the build has limited tanking potential. I wouldn't want to main tank with this, but with the solid defenses, self healing, and dps, you can safely pull agro when you're in a group that needs a little help. But it's not absolutely essential so if you think you won't use it, don't bother. The build already has a number of ways to control the battle without intim.
    Unarmed monk guide with builds|The Arcane Warrior: wiz/fighter hybrids|White Feather Sniper: CC/dps focused deepwood stalker|The Divine Cuisinart: divine crusader tempest|The Count of Monte Cristo: swashbuckler|Hassan's Assassin: dex assassin|Dubbell O'Seven: WF artificer|Santa's Little Slayer: dragonmarked elf centered kensai

  9. #409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CThruTheEgo View Post
    I originally did not have intim at all, but added it during an LR when updating the build after a game update. I added it because the build has limited tanking potential. I wouldn't want to main tank with this, but with the solid defenses, self healing, and dps, you can safely pull agro when you're in a group that needs a little help. But it's not absolutely essential so if you think you won't use it, don't bother. The build already has a number of ways to control the battle without intim.
    Looking more closely, it actually does have the full intim ranks anyway. I meant bluff and diplo, which are clearly just there for the occasional quest check like in Partycrashers.

  10. #410
    The Hatchery CThruTheEgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Looking more closely, it actually does have the full intim ranks anyway. I meant bluff and diplo, which are clearly just there for the occasional quest check like in Partycrashers.
    I didn't bother to check your write up, hehe. But yeah, that's exactly what I would do.
    Unarmed monk guide with builds|The Arcane Warrior: wiz/fighter hybrids|White Feather Sniper: CC/dps focused deepwood stalker|The Divine Cuisinart: divine crusader tempest|The Count of Monte Cristo: swashbuckler|Hassan's Assassin: dex assassin|Dubbell O'Seven: WF artificer|Santa's Little Slayer: dragonmarked elf centered kensai

  11. #411
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    116

    Default

    I am a recently returned player (probably three reincarnations over the years). I leveled up to level 28 on Gallandra with your build and very much enjoyed it. Tons of thanks to the OP and all others here that explained stuff.

    My past lives had all been as a cleric. I was hoping to gear out to join a guild and do some end game stuff but I am having trouble getting the items you list that come from raids. Anyone here maybe give me some slot by slot advice on the stuff I can get that is not dependent on raids? I have always found the itemization system in DDO to be tough to figure out. Any help would be appreciated. I did manage to get the Kobold Tiller for a shield and I have the first listed rapier upgraded twice.

    Thank you everyone and in general thanks to the Gallandra community. It was a very fun trip up to 28 this ride.

  12. #412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dmitrythewizzy View Post
    I am a recently returned player (probably three reincarnations over the years). I leveled up to level 28 on Gallandra with your build and very much enjoyed it. Tons of thanks to the OP and all others here that explained stuff.

    My past lives had all been as a cleric. I was hoping to gear out to join a guild and do some end game stuff but I am having trouble getting the items you list that come from raids. Anyone here maybe give me some slot by slot advice on the stuff I can get that is not dependent on raids? I have always found the itemization system in DDO to be tough to figure out. Any help would be appreciated. I did manage to get the Kobold Tiller for a shield and I have the first listed rapier upgraded twice.

    Thank you everyone and in general thanks to the Gallandra community. It was a very fun trip up to 28 this ride.
    So you want to gear out.

    I use a spreadsheet... but I am .. .not...normal. :P

    First take an inventory of the gear you have.
    then list the effects you want (deadly, fortification, speed, perform, deathblock, feather fall, etc et al)
    prioritize your list of desired effects.
    fill in your paper man with stuff he already owns, and research the AH for stuff that fits what is still needed and where is still available to put it.

    I am usually very lazy - and re-use stuff allot, and often past its prime use period.

    examples:

    Green-steel Con-Op goggles
    Green-steel MinII helm (which was the first Green-steel item ever made for Uurlock - something like 50 lives ago)

    but even random loot (deadly necklace) or cannith crafted items (resistance +5 boots with masterful craftmanship and yellow and clear slots (master's gift and feather fall gems) (ml:13)

    Yes, I use allot of raid and event gear. But that doesn't mean you have to. You have the Kobold tiller and a rapier - sounds like a great foundation.

    Armor? Gianthold leather - not black because this is a precision based build and rage interferes with precision.

  13. #413
    Community Member Sehenry03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UurlockYgmeov View Post
    Armor? Gianthold leather - not black because this is a precision based build and rage interferes with precision.
    Does the black dragon armor rage affect it though? Someone once told me that the rage from the armor stopped pallies from LoH but that was false. It doesn't stop me from casting spells or any other actions.

    Its not that I don't believe you LOL just wondering if you tested it to make sure. It is actually interfering with less then I thought it would.

    Toons - Ziffin / Hirtz / Mheka / Duskh
    Guild - High Lords of Malkier
    Server - Sarlona

  14. #414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UurlockYgmeov View Post
    but even random loot (deadly necklace) or cannith crafted items (resistance +5 boots with masterful craftmanship and yellow and clear slots (master's gift and feather fall gems) (ml:13)
    That seems an odd item; you can craft FF boots of Resistance +5 w/colorless for master's gift for the same crafting levels (FF is lower than Resistance +5) and it's ML11 w/masterful.

  15. #415
    The Hatchery CThruTheEgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dmitrythewizzy View Post
    I am a recently returned player (probably three reincarnations over the years). I leveled up to level 28 on Gallandra with your build and very much enjoyed it. Tons of thanks to the OP and all others here that explained stuff.

    My past lives had all been as a cleric. I was hoping to gear out to join a guild and do some end game stuff but I am having trouble getting the items you list that come from raids. Anyone here maybe give me some slot by slot advice on the stuff I can get that is not dependent on raids? I have always found the itemization system in DDO to be tough to figure out. Any help would be appreciated. I did manage to get the Kobold Tiller for a shield and I have the first listed rapier upgraded twice.

    Thank you everyone and in general thanks to the Gallandra community. It was a very fun trip up to 28 this ride.
    Thanks. I'm glad you like the build. I haven't run Mark of Death much on this character so I actually don't have any of the raid gear currently. Here is what I am using atm.

    Helm: deadly 10 of whatever (the suffix doesn't matter too much, you just need deadly somewhere)
    Neck: wisdom 10 of whatever (I'd rather have a Necklace of Mystic Eidolons here but haven't gotten one for this character yet)
    Trinket: Planar Focus with con 3 (not using a CitW weapon so the type of planar focus doesn't matter, just using it for the stat, ideally you'd have the Necklace of Mystic Eidolons and a planar focus with wis 3)
    Gloves: Iron Mitts

    Note that lootgen helm and neck slots both come with deadly and wis, so either one could go in either slot. Hope that helps.
    Unarmed monk guide with builds|The Arcane Warrior: wiz/fighter hybrids|White Feather Sniper: CC/dps focused deepwood stalker|The Divine Cuisinart: divine crusader tempest|The Count of Monte Cristo: swashbuckler|Hassan's Assassin: dex assassin|Dubbell O'Seven: WF artificer|Santa's Little Slayer: dragonmarked elf centered kensai

  16. #416
    The Hatchery CThruTheEgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UurlockYgmeov View Post
    Armor? Gianthold leather - not black because this is a precision based build and rage interferes with precision.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sehenry03 View Post
    Does the black dragon armor rage affect it though?
    I used black dragonscale light armor on this build before I got shadowscale and never had a problem with it. I am certain that precision was never turned off, but I'm not sure if the rage effect still procced while precision was active (which was all the time) because it has been so long since I wore it. I'll have to do some testing to confirm the latter.
    Unarmed monk guide with builds|The Arcane Warrior: wiz/fighter hybrids|White Feather Sniper: CC/dps focused deepwood stalker|The Divine Cuisinart: divine crusader tempest|The Count of Monte Cristo: swashbuckler|Hassan's Assassin: dex assassin|Dubbell O'Seven: WF artificer|Santa's Little Slayer: dragonmarked elf centered kensai

  17. #417

  18. #418
    Community Member Such755's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    914

    Default

    As all of your other builds, this is awesome!

    Just a quick question.
    Why rapier and not daggers? They both have the same base crit profile (19-20 x2) and the only advantage rapier has is that it's 1d6 and not 1d4.
    However, daggers get +1 crit range on top of the +1 crit multi.
    So.
    Why not dagger?

  19. #419
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    684

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Such755 View Post
    As all of your other builds, this is awesome!

    Just a quick question.
    Why rapier and not daggers? They both have the same base crit profile (19-20 x2) and the only advantage rapier has is that it's 1d6 and not 1d4.
    However, daggers get +1 crit range on top of the +1 crit multi.
    So.
    Why not dagger?
    Because in the end, both come out to the same crit range and multiplier. Personally, I tend to go shortsword for crafted stuff on a swash because it can be used for more things like PDK or monks.

  20. #420
    The Hatchery CThruTheEgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Such755 View Post
    As all of your other builds, this is awesome!

    Just a quick question.
    Why rapier and not daggers? They both have the same base crit profile (19-20 x2) and the only advantage rapier has is that it's 1d6 and not 1d4.
    However, daggers get +1 crit range on top of the +1 crit multi.
    So.
    Why not dagger?
    Thanks. I'm glad you like the build.

    Pretty much what gwonbush said. They both end up with a crit profile of 15-20x3, so it doesn't really matter that dagger gets +1 range. For me at least, that additional base damage makes rapier the better choice, but I realize that's a very small advantage. You could go with daggers and wouldn't be gimped by any means with that choice.

    And if you are into TRing, then shortsword is the better choice because of its usefulness for other lives. I'm not much into TRing personally.

    Also, it's somewhat of a style preference. I just like rapiers and, if it's a solid option, I'll usually pick those over other weapons.
    Unarmed monk guide with builds|The Arcane Warrior: wiz/fighter hybrids|White Feather Sniper: CC/dps focused deepwood stalker|The Divine Cuisinart: divine crusader tempest|The Count of Monte Cristo: swashbuckler|Hassan's Assassin: dex assassin|Dubbell O'Seven: WF artificer|Santa's Little Slayer: dragonmarked elf centered kensai

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload