Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Character Planner - Announcement

Hey all,

I have an announcement of some import regarding the planner. After some eight years developing and maintaining the program, I have decided to step down as the lead designer on the project. Mainly this is due to time constraints and my desire to move on to other projects. Dragon and I have discussed this, and he will be taking over in the lead capacity. I hope you all will give him the same support (and bug reports!) that you've given to me all these years. Of course, he has been intimately involved in the planner for many years now, and has been integral in the design and coding of the new 5.xx version from the ground up. I leave the planner in his very capable hands.

That is not to say I'm leaving the team altogether. On the contrary, I will continue to be involved heavily with the coding and design of the program (I worked on it just this morning). Don't worry, I will still be around. However, from this point forward, Dragon will be making final decisions and scheduling releases and all that.

It has been both an honor and a privilege to have worked with you all as the lead programmer of the character planner, and I look forward to continuing on in my new role. If you have any questions or concerns, let us know.
    The locus of my identity is totally exterior to me.
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

A very big thank you for all the time and work you've put into both the planner and leading the team. It's an invaluable resource. Good to know you'll still be working on it.

Its time there was a new forum title. Legendary founder I think would not be unjustified.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge
    Quote Originally Posted by Amundir View Post
    My words are great. Even out of context.

Thank you Ron for the tremendous work you have done for the DDO community. Let's message Cordovan with the Legendary Founder suggestion. I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by dunklezhan View Post
    Its time there was a new forum title. Legendary founder I think would not be unjustified.
    I very much agree.

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    I very much agree.
    agree.

Thank you Ron for all your dedication and hard work. Your (and the teams) hard work affects the entire DDO community on a daily basis in a good and positive way!

Default Oh wow/snap! -- Sorry to hear that Ron, but I respect your decision!

Oh wow/snap! -- Sorry to hear that Ron, but I respect your decision!

Thanks again for everything and your contributions! Super awesome!!!!

/wipes tears from his eyes. Keep up the great work! :P! ! !
    http://dillonpfaff5.wix.com/theob Sign this!!!: http://goo.gl/vS6htg

DDO toll free support phone#: 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

Community Manager

Thank you, Ron, for all of the work you've done on the Planner over the years! Sounds like the Planner's remaining in good hands.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Thank you, Ron, for all of the work you've done on the Planner over the years! Sounds like the Planner's remaining in good hands.
    Good work on the title change for him! +1! :P! ! ! Thanks!
    http://dillonpfaff5.wix.com/theob Sign this!!!: http://goo.gl/vS6htg

DDO toll free support phone#: 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dunklezhan View Post
    It's a nice start...I say the next Fatespinner (Anauroch?) should be named Rahn. Seems appropriate since you spend your points and build your character there

Thank you for your effort, time, and sacrifices for the program Ron.

At a bare minimum, you can always add this program and the work you did to support it to your resume.

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Wow! Thank You Ron for your dedication and expertise in generating one of the most used utilities for DDO. I can't wait for version 5 and I know dragon will keep up the good work!

2015 DDO Players Council Sebastrd's Avatar

Thank you, Ron!
    Astreya the Unturning

It's always a shame when the hammer of poor design choices smashes the fun of player tactical adaptation.

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Dang I saw this in the dev tracker and though "OMG did Turbine hire Ron & Co. or something!!!" than I read this, sad for sure but I'm glad your not entirely leaving Ron and I'm sure Dragon.Star will do just fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Ron you are indeed a Legendary Founder of DDO.

Having relied on your tool for about as long as you've put it out, I immensely thank you.

Best of luck!!!
    The Nak Abides - Argo - Ascent
    Ganak Goblinjuicer ~ Xanak the Irregular

Default Thank You, Ron!!!

Thanks so much for all the time and effort you put into the planner. It has been invaluable to me in my time in DDO. It will be a shame if Turbine doesn't give some kind of official recognition as well - you've earned it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertay View Post
    While they were at it though, the devs decided to go on an incredible nerfhammer rampage and left nothing in their wake standing...

Awww, thanks everyone. You're good wishes are much appreciated. And THANKS Cordon for the new title. I will wear it with pride

Everyone wish Dragon good luck in his new role. He'll do well with the job, I have no doubt.
    The locus of my identity is totally exterior to me.
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

Your Planner has been as much a part of DDO as the game itself, for myself and I'm sure many others. Thank you so much for your hard work. I am glad to read you will be staying with the project.

Good luck Dragon.
    Level 20 commoner.

Community Member

Thank you ron, dragon, and the entire planner team for all the work you've put into this project. It has been, and I'm sure will continue to be, very much appreciated.

Good luck dragon and ron in your new roles.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Even though I only used it once or twice thank you for all your hard work

Beware the Sleepeater

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast