Default Half Elf enhancements

I know that rebalance of the enhancement trees are on the dev's plans for the future, and they did a decent job working out the bard, paladin and barbarian trees. But I don't see much discussion about racial trees, and half-elves, being one of the races that got shafted on the enhancement pass deserve a rebalance.

For that reason, I propose some changes to the Half-Elf tree:

• Improved Dilletante is moved to the core enhancements 1, 3, and 5. Unlike class core enhancements, racial core enhancements are not locked by "points spent on tree", but only level-gated. This alone would give back some power from the dilettante feats without requiring 17 AP on the racial tree.
    • Human Adaptability/Elven Dexterity stay as core 2 and 4.
    • Dilletante Special Abilities stay at tier 2 and 4, and will have no arrow pre-requisites (only the relevant dilettante)
    • Human Versatility/Elven Accuracy will be moved to the fourth column at tier 1, 2, 4.
    • Diplomatic Immunity gets a proper buff and is placed at Tier 4, above Arcane Archer. It becomes the Helf "iconic" ability for those who wish to invest heavily on the racial tree, like Elf's Grace, Dwarven's Con-to-damage, or Human Greater Heroism SLA.
    • Action Surge requires Human Versatility, and is moved to tier 1 (switch places with Skill Focus, to stay adjacent)

Mostly, it adds a buff to Diplomatic Immunity, and gives easier access to Improved Dilettante. Eveyrthing else is just moving stuff around, but I think this way, half-elves can become a viable race again, since the Dilettantes will compete in power with human's extra feat.
    Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist (12/14) [<o>]
    Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Kensai, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    I know that rebalance of the enhancement trees are on the dev's plans for the future, and they did a decent job working out the bard, paladin and barbarian trees. But I don't see much discussion about racial trees, and half-elves, being one of the races that got shafted on the enhancement pass deserve a rebalance.

• Improved Dilletante is moved to the core enhancements 1, 3, and 5. Unlike class core enhancements, racial core enhancements are not locked by "points spent on tree", but only level-gated. This alone would give back some power from the dilettante feats without requiring 17 AP on the racial tree.
    • Dilletante Special Abilities stay at tier 2 and 4, and will have no arrow pre-requisites (only the relevant dilettante)
    • Human Versatility/Elven Accuracy will be moved to the fourth column at tier 1, 2, 4.
    • Diplomatic Immunity gets a proper buff and is placed at Tier 4, above Arcane Archer. It becomes the Helf "iconic" ability for those who wish to invest heavily on the racial tree, like Elf's Grace, Dwarven's Con-to-damage, or Human Greater Heroism SLA.
    • Action Surge requires Human Versatility, and is moved to tier 1 (switch places with Skill Focus, to stay adjacent)

Mostly, it adds a buff to Diplomatic Immunity, and gives easier access to Improved Dilettante. Eveyrthing else is just moving stuff around, but I think this way, half-elves can become a viable race again, since the Dilettantes will compete in power with human's extra feat.
    Well, I agree that something should be done. As things stand half elf never even crosses my mind when creating a character.

Quote Originally Posted by Inoukchuk View Post
    Well, I agree that something should be done. As things stand half elf never even crosses my mind when creating a character.
    Are you sure that's not just because they look like a PDK's scrawny uglier sibling?

Quote Originally Posted by fmalfeas View Post
    Are you sure that's not just because they look like a PDK's scrawny uglier sibling?
    This!!!

HE's are one of the most horrible looking races lol. Plus I never liked them anyways. They always seem to feel entitled!!!

Toons - Ziffin / Hirtz / Mheka / Duskh
    Guild - High Lords of Malkier
    Server - Sarlona

• Morbid Curiosity (Tier II - Action Points: 1x3) : Your face can cause Distress. Once per rest you call up on your features to help you in battle. Upon seeing your party, Monsters become shaken, with a chance to run in terror. (Will Save 24, 28, 32)
    • Brrr (Tier III - Action Points 1x3) : In addition to causing Distress, Monsters who see your party now also become chilled, with a chance to freeze in place. (Will Save 24, 28, 32.)
    • Butter Face (Tier IV - Action Points 2) : Monsters who are Distressed and affected by Brrr now lay down their weapons and surrender for 30 seconds with a 10% chance to self implode. (Will Save 18, 22, 26).
    • HOLY COW (Tier V - Action Points: 2) Using your Half Elven Bluff and Diplomacy, you call upon Monsters to join your party. Boss Monsters now fight for you. Will Save 18 + Half Elf Level + Charisma Modifier) for 30 Seconds. Upon Termination of service, Monster has chance to light its own head on fire and use its own weapon to extinguish the blaze, (Will Save 20 causes instant death).
    Last edited by Kawai; 12-07-2014 at 03:02 PM.

Thumbs up

For sake of seriousness though, DI change makes sense. also u should have an option for STR or Dex instead of just Dex.

Fantastic suggested changes! Especially the dilettantes.
    LuKaSu's DDO Wishlist.
    Turbine, Thanks for a super-fun game!