Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Default U24 NovaSoul - Survivalist Palemaster Direct Damage that can raid heal

NovaSoul (a direct damage epic Palemaster build)
    The NovaSoul is a direct damage build (Force/physical/light/fire [Or whatever flavor energy burst floats your boat]) build capable of raid healing, soloing epic elites and can be done as a first life character if desired. The NovaShiradi and NovaSoul builds are now merged into one since the goals of both can be met with a single build.

Overview
    With the introduction of PRR/MRR on heavy armor, a plate mail wearing pale master is a solid defensive platform. With improvements to the Exalted Angel destiny, a palemaster can run in Draconic, Exalted Angel or Shiradi at epic levels and contribute in EE content. This is not a cutting edge top tier build. It does well, but the kill count will be out classed by many other builds. What is special about this build is the accessability to a first life, and the flexibility to do just about anything.

What is new
    "Armor Up" was very good to the NovaSoul build. Replacing the two monk levels with heavy armor resolved the issue of how to get 2 monk, 2 FVS and level 9 spells in favor of not getting two levels of monk. The PRR/MRR is a huge help for survival, not just against physical damage but MRR works against light damage as well! Dropping monk actually freed up some feats because the previous build was spending feats to get the grandmaster stance... dropping monk was a net increase of one feat. The only real issue is that the new flexibility opens up so many options that it is difficult to post a singular build.

Build Basics:
    17 Wiz/2 FVS/1 Splash (Discussed later)
    Any Race although Elf/Drow/Sun Elf/Half Elf and Bladeforged are prefered
    Alignment: Determined by the needs of the splash class

Feats
    Non-Wizard Feats
    • Toughness
    • Insightful Reflexes
    • Shield Mastery
    • Improved Shield Mastery (Not every race/splash class can afford this)
    • Heavy Armor OR Adamantine Body. For Heavy armor, the Medium armor prequisite is provided by FVS.

These feats CANNOT be taken as a wizard bonus feat, the easiest way to mess up the build is to take too many wizard bonus feats as normal feats and then be left with an extra wizard bonus feat. You will need to use SOME normal feats to get feats listed in the wizard list... but make sure you always have enough left over to cover these.

Potential Wizard Feats
    • Maximize
    • Empower
    • Quicken
    • Enlarge - Great for MM SLAs, Divine Wrath and Cocoon
    • Extend
    • Mental Toughness
    • Improved Mental Toughness

Epic Feats
    • Epic Toughness
    • Epic Mental Toughness
    • Spell power whatever you want or skill focus spellcraft
    • Ruin
    • Hellball OR Forced Escape

With 17 Wizard levels, the build now has access to meteor shower and lessens the need for hellball. Forced escape provides an easy answer to failing crowd control type saves.

There is one heroic feat listed than what is provided by 17 wiz/2 fvs. This is where the splash class comes into play:
    • Cleric provides the heavy armor feat for free
    • Monk provides some saves and can use the monk feat to acquire toughness
    • Fighter provides the heavy armor feat for free as well as tower shield proficiency and shield mastery can be taken as a fighter bonus feat. Heroic completionists may want to chose this option for one more feat to fit the completionist feat.
    • Paladin provides the heavy armor feat for free, but not much else. Unfortunately, the one iconic that is paladin based... needs the body feat rather than the heavy armor feat.
    • Rogue/Arti won't provide an extra feat, but allow trap skills at an epic level. Either run with medium armor or drop improved shield mastery.

Skills
    Spellcraft
    Heal (for neg energy)
    Perform (Several Shiradi Proc's are sonic damage)
    UMD (Especially if you wish be an occasional healer)
    Put the rest wherever you want, but it is a lot of points just to cover the basics

Enhancements
    • Angel of Vengence - 11 points to get Just reward and 2 ranks of smiting
    • Archmage - 32 points to get Arcane Supremacy. If you wish to be a healer, pick up scroll mastery.
    • Palemaster - 21 points to get Wraith form.
    • Eldritch Knight - 6 points to get core 2 for 5 points of arcane spell failure reduction
    • Race Tree - 4 points to get -15 points of ASF if your race has it

6 points left over to do anything with that you please!
    Last edited by Ancient; 01-15-2015 at 06:26 PM.

Community Member

Default Background Reading

Background reading
    If you are new to shiradi builds, I would at least skim, all of the following threads. If you are an expert, you probably don't need too.
    • Nova Shiradi was the U19 version of the build.
    • Grandmaster Scourge was the pre-U19 shiradi build i posted just after the enhancement pass went live. At the time, it was new and novel to me to have a shiradi wiz with the grandmaster stance. Over time, I have found that to be less and less of a defining factor for the build. The biggest defining factors are 1.) Wraith form + Dodge 2.) Arecane Supremacy 3.) Nova Shiradi style ED offensive twists.
    • Nova Soul was a pre-enhancement pass direct damage FVS build. The angel of vengence PRE was used to boost fire/force/light damage and energy burst/boulder toss/wild shots was used to increase the offensive punch. Post enhancement pass, 2 levels of FVS still provide a significant boost to fire/force/light and Nova Shiradi continues the use of the same ED SLAs. The NovaSoul thread provides good background on layered defenses (still applies) and some numbers on Energy Burst/Boulder Toss/Wild Shots.
    • Just Shiradi was a build write up by CDR. It is an excellent write-up and has some great information. It is a very dated now, and I have come to some different conclusions than CDR... but I recommend you read both and decide what playstyle is best for you.
    • Shiradi Wizard Plan For First Lifers is another write up for first life players. Although I think palemaster is also viable for first life players and I'm not sure 3 levels of FVS is the way to go, the build post is well written and has lots of good gear related advice.
    Last edited by Ancient; 01-26-2015 at 01:57 PM.

Community Member

Default NovaSoul (Shiradi): EE Spinner of shadows at level 26

Last edited by Ancient; 01-17-2015 at 02:32 PM.

Community Member

Default NovaSoul (Shiradi): Elite Tower of Despair

I had only done the raid twice before (once was a wipe) and both of those were years ago. I needed the favor for my 5k reward and no LFMs were up... This was my first try and I was figuring it out as I went.
    Last edited by Ancient; 01-17-2015 at 02:31 PM.

Community Member

Default NovaSoul(Exalted Angel): EE Don't drink the water at level 24

In this video, I play the build in the Exalted Angel destiny. The raw DPS is lower than shiradi, but wings sure are handy when you have an upset dragon after you!
    Last edited by Ancient; 01-17-2015 at 02:31 PM.

Community Member

Default More Videos

Reserved for any additional videos.
    Last edited by Ancient; 01-17-2015 at 02:32 PM.

Community Member

Default Heavy Armor (PRR/MRR/ASF)

With the U23 Armor Up release, the value of heavy and medium armor was greatly increased. By wearing heavy armor and a tower shield with shield mastery, the NovaSoul has greatly improved suitability over previous versions.

Arcane Spell Failure
    The Wiki ASF entry is a little confusing since it tries to present present and past values and all the options in one big entry.

To make things (overly) simple, to wear heavy armor you need to have 35 points of arcane spell failure reduction. Even a 5% chance of failure greatly reduces the effectiveness of any arcane caster. To get there:

• Race - Elves, Half-Elves, Drow, Morninglords, Warforged and Bladeforged all have Teir 1 enhancements to reduce arcane spell failure by 15 points . (Total cost of 3 + 1 core = 4 enhancement points.
    • Sapphire of Spell Agility - provides 15 points of ASF at level 20. (10 at level 16, 5 at level 12)
    • Stuff that doesn't stack with the augment - Lesser Arcane Casting Dexterity/Arcane Casting Dexterity/ Lesser Arcane Sigil and Arcane Sigil can be found on equipment, but these do not stack with the ASF provided by the Sapphire of Spell Agility.
    • Stuff that does stack with the augment - Twilight (10%) and Greater Twilight (20%) modify the item that they are on, and thus do stack with everything else in this list.
    • Eldritch Knight - The EK Core 2 provides 5 points of ASF for 6 enhancement points. There is more ASF higher in the tree and in Core 4, but this build does not have the spare points to get them.

TLDR!
    • Epic levels if your race has ASF - 15 points from the race tree, 15 points from a blue augment and 5 points from the EK tree.
    • Epic levels if your race does not have ASF - 20 points from greater twilight on the armor and 15 points from an augment.
    • Heroic Levels if your race has ASF - 15 points from the race tree, 5 from EK and either greater twilight on the armor OR armor with less ASF and an arcane casting dexterity item someplace. (At level 16, a sapphire aug can replace the arcane casting dexterity item).
    • Heroic Levels if your race does not have ASF - 5 from EK, 20 from greater twilight on the armor AND an arcane casting dexterity item someplace (At level 16, a sapphire aug can replace the arcane casting dexterity item)

If you are planning an end game version of this build, I strongly recommend that you use a race with built in ASF. However, for a single TR life... it is not horrible to go with crafted armor that has the greater twilight prefix. Consider:

As far as I know, there is only one piece of equipment in the game that gives evasion:
    Swim Like A Fish

That item is limited to only work in the water, which keeps it from being one of the most powerful defensive items in the game. Yet heavy armor with no prefix or suffix is MORE powerful than an item that grants evasion.
    • MRR works without a save
    • MRR works on spells that evasion does not work on
    • MRR stacks with other forms of damage reduction. Against fire damage I take just over 10% of the damage if I don't save. 50% (MRR) * 50% (Ice shield) * 67% (33% Fire absorb item) * 80% (20% Fire Absorb Item) * 85% (15% Shiradi Absorb). I can stand in EE fire traps and be fully healed by my aura.
    • PRR works vs physical melee damage where evasion does not

So, I know that it may not be elite to wear a simple crafted docent/heavy armor. But even though it is not glorious... it is still one of the best defensive items in the game.

Especially when you pair it with a shield. There are two notable shields that do not have ASF:
    • Skyvault - Is a tower shield that has no ASF. You get the PRR/MRR even without tower shield proficiency although you can get proficiency with masters touch.
    • Light and Darkness - Is a heavy shield with no ASF

When picking a shield, heavy shields and tower shields have an additional bonus against damage that can be avoided with evasion. In the EE fire damage example, because I wear a heroic elite skyvault shield all the time... I take about 5% fire damage. If I make the save then it is 2.5% of the fire damage!

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    couple ASF tips:
    * Lootgen Half plates have only 30 ASF, rather than 35. They offer same PRR. (less ac more max dex)
    * waterworks end reward often includes a mithral shield
    ** mithral light shield gives 5 prr/mrr and has no ASF
    ** mithral heavy shield gives 10 prr/mrr and has 5% ASF. this one also doubles mrr vs evadable spells.

* also note: racial asf reduction enhancements don't work for shields

conclusions:
    * at lvl 20, greater twilight half plate + blue slot -15% can nullify your asf for both plate and heavy mithral shield without AP expenditure
    lootgen mithral plate (even if it still dropped) and named mithral plates are considered medium armor and grant less PRR/MRR. So yes, you need less ASF reduction. But you get less defensive benefits.
    Here's what I use on my experimental human sorc (first life 28pb, just hit 20):

PRR:
    45 half plate
    10 heavy shield
    24 sheltering
    20 elemental form
    ----
    99 total

MRR:
    45 half plate
    10 heavy shield
    24 sheltering
    ----
    79 total

Arcane Spell Failure:
    30 Half Plate
    5 Heavy Mithral Shield (farm waterworks end reward)
    ----
    35% total

ASF Reduction:
    20 Greater Twilight
    15 Sapphire of Spell Agility +15
    ----
    35% total

AP wasted in Eldritch Knight:
    0 total
    Last edited by Ancient; 02-21-2015 at 09:00 AM.

Community Member

Default Shiradi Discussion

There isn't much to add regarding shiradi that isn't already documented very well in many threads.

Some things to note:
    • The dodge enhancements may not be needed if you hit the heavy armor dodge cap without them
    • Wildshots does scale with spell power and can hit multiple targets... this is a great ability
    • Spell crits in Shriadi are based on the damage type of the proc, so you want to maximize your spell crit chance for almost everything.
    • Spell procs are checked on a per-hit basis. Chain missile generates more proc chances than magic missile and generates them on the target that you do NOT cast the spell at.

When in Shiradi, my twists are energy burst, embrace the light and boulder toss.

• Energy Burst - is amazing, but I do tend to keep changing what type of damage this is depending on what content I'll be running a lot.
    • Boulder toss - still has the force chance to crit, I still haven't found something better to replace this with.
    • Embrace the light - Combined with MRR means I take less than full light damage, even in undead form. This was a huge.
    Last edited by Ancient; 01-19-2015 at 04:54 PM.

Community Member

Default Exalted Angel discussion / Draconic Discussion

Exalted Angel
    The Exalted Angel tree got a revamp a while back and the changes are very friendly to non-fvs builds. So much so that for epic normal / epic hard, the build is just as fun in EA as it is in Shiradi!

What I use:
    2 - Avenging Light
    3 - Radiant Power 3
    3 - Healing Power 3
    3 - Endless Faith 3
    3 - Embrace The Light 3
    3 - Blood And Radiance
    2 - Rebuke Foe (hardly ever remember to use iti)
    1 - Leap of Faith (WINGS!)
    2 - Divine Wrath
    2 - Sun Bolt (Stuff evades it, but a merfolks blessing SLA would be better than Reborn in the light)

When adventuring
    Twists - Energy Burst, Boulder Toss, Wild Shots
    Weapon - My standard force power/lore weapon

Offensive capability:
    The build packs three epic level AE attacks (Burst, Divine Wrath, Wild Shots). If Arcane Supremacy has not gone off recently, do a chain missilie pattern (Chain spell, Chain SLA, MM SLA, Chain Spell) to get it to proc before unleashing the epic AE attacks. For single target damage try to use boulder toss, avenging light and sunburst before falling back to the magic missile spam.

When healing
    Twists - Rejuvenating Cocoon, Renewal, Whatever
    Weapon - Positive spell power / Lore

Healing capability:
    • AE Healing - Divine Wrath and Cure Moderate Wounds, Mass for AE healing. Now that divine wrath does not require charges to cast, it is available every 15 seconds and mass cure can be cast every 10 seconds. Positive spell power is pretty high since we max the heal skill (for death aura) and both SLAs benefit from max/empower.
    • Single target healing - Cocoon, Renewal, Heal Scroll.
    • Other - Scrolls for Res and restore, able to cast break enchantment, remove curse and max/empower Inflict Light Wounds (Please use cocoon instead)

Draconic
    Draconic is fairly straight forward. Try to go fire if possible (to benefit from the FVS fire spell power) and supplement the epic level SLAs with fire spells. For twists, I use Empyrean magic, boulder toss and wild shots. Same as EA, try to get an arcane supremacy proc before casting the big booms if possible.
    Last edited by Ancient; 03-09-2015 at 06:27 PM.

Community Member

Default The Warthog! (3 Fighter variant)

The A10 is one of my favorite planes... It is so much that an air-force plane shouldn't be. Loud, slow, built purely for ground support. But the thing is like a flying tank... it just sits up there and has the same answer for almost any problem... BRRAAAT.

This build is like that. It is built like a tank when wizards aren't supposed to be tanks. It makes no effort to worry about DCs because it is happy as a shiradi. It is a palemaster when everyone seems to think robots are more robust. I named this build the Warthog because it is easily the toughest variant of the NovaSoul I have ever played. A plate mail wearing arcane supremacy palemaster with FVS splash to support shiradi magic missile spam.

Those who are familiar with the wizard enhancement point costs will quickly notice the reason this hasn't been done before (or at least not often). The required AP cost of:

32 - in AM for arcane supremacy
    21 - in PM for wraith form
    11 - in Aov for MM spam goodness
    13 - In Stalwart for tanky goodness
    ----
    77 -> 3 points to worry about ASF.

For the longest time, that was the end of my thoughts regarding the build... couldn't be done. Until I needed some PDK lives. I played an overpowered paladin, then I played a completely broken wolf... but I still missed being a shiradi pale-master. So the third life was going to be a PDK NovaSoul.

Turns out... if you sacrifice the armor slot, it isn't hard at all. Even in Heroic levels.

Greater Twilight Scalemail (Medium armor) has zero ASF.
    A Mithril heavy shield has 5% ASF and can be used with either a level 12 spell agility augment, or a crafted lesser arcane casting dexterity item.
    Greater Twilight Hlaf-Plate has 10% ASF and can be used with a level 16 spell agility augment.
    SkyVault is a tower shield that has 0% ASF.

Yes, I give up the armor slot. That is the price for having 600 hp at level 16 with saves in the 40s. At level 20 I have 156 PRR, 109 MRR, 789 HP wearing pretty much the same gear I have worn on past NovaSoul lives. I'm not missing the armor slot.

To level up, I ran nothing but elites and I did my best to jump into the middle of every crowd I could find. I stood by a demolition charge in house C blown to bits... survived the explosion. -2 hp -> aura tick, but I survived. I went and tried to solo heroic elite breaking the ranks at level 16 or 17. Forgot to bring potions and ran out of mana... ten minutes of surviving on just torc mana... At 32 minutes into the quest, I got stuck crowd surfing atop a pack of giants (still working on only torc/con-op mana). they sill couldn't kill me.. I rushed ahead in running with the devils, that is supposed to be suicide on a palemaster... nada. I did die once... in servants of the overlord when I ran ahead and jumped into the middle of the first big drow room and looked at them like... what are you going to do? Answer, a bunch of disintegrates and I rolled at least one 1.

Here is a heroic elite through the mirror. It isn't a speed run, but the point is that it didn't involve a bunch of kiting or fancy maneuvers. Face tanked almost everything.

The Warthog
    15/3/2 Wizard/Fighter/Favored Soul
    True Neutral Purple Dragon Knight

Level Order

1. Fighter. . . . .6. Wizard. . . . .11. Wizard . . . . 16. Wizard
    2. Wizard . . . . .7. Wizard. . . . .12. Favored Soul . 17. Wizard
    3. Wizard . . . . .8. Wizard. . . . .13. Favored Soul . 18. Wizard
    4. Wizard . . . . .9. Wizard. . . . .14. Fighter. . . . 19. Wizard
    5. Wizard . . . . 10. Wizard. . . . .15. Fighter. . . . 20. Wizard

Stats
    . . . . . . . .32pt . . 34pt. . .36pt. . .Tome . . Level Up
    . . . . . . . .---- . . ----. . .----. . .---- . . --------
    Strength. . . . .8. . . . 8 . . . .8 . . . +5. . . .4: INT
    Dexterity . . . .8. . . . 8 . . . .8 . . . +5. . . .8: INT
    Constitution. . 18. . . .18 . . . 18 . . . +5. . . 12: INT
    Intelligence. . 18. . . .18 . . . 18 . . . +6. . . 16: INT
    Wisdom. . . . . .8. . . . 8 . . . .8 . . . +5. . . 20: INT
    Charisma. . . . .8. . . .10 . . . 12 . . . +5. . . 24: INT
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .28: INT

Feats

.1. . . . : Insightful Reflexes
    .1 Purple : Toughness
    .1 Fighter: Shield Mastery
    .2 Wizard : Maximize Spell
    .3. . . . : Empower Spell
    .6. . . . : Extend Spell
    .6 Wizard : Quicken Spell
    .9. . . . : Enlarge Spell
    11 Wizard : Mental Toughness
    12. . . . : Toughness
    12 Deity. : Follower of: Amaunator
    14 Fighter: Improved Shield Mastery
    15. . . . : Toughness
    18. . . . : Toughness
    20 Wizard : Improved Mental Toughness
    21 Epic . : Epic Toughness
    24 Epic . : Epic Mental Toughness
    26 Destiny: Epic Skill Focus: Spellcraft
    27 Epic . : Ruin
    28 Destiny: Hellball

Enhancements

Archmage (33 AP)
    • Magic Missile, Gust of Wind, Chain Missile, Fire Shield
      1. Energy of the Scholar III, Spell Critical, Wand and Scroll Mastery III
      2. Efficient Quicken III, Spell Critical
      3. Spell Critical, Intelligence
      4. Spell Critical, Intelligence
      5. Arcane Supremacy

Pale Master (23 AP)
    • Dark Reaping, Zombie Form, Vampire Form, Wraith Form
      1. Deathless Vigor I, Spell Critical, Skeletal Knight III, Negative Energy Conduit III
      2. Spell Critical
      3. Spell Critical, Intelligence

Angel of Vengeance (11 AP)
    • Font of Power
      1. Scourge III, Smiting
      2. Just Reward III, Smiting

Stalwart Defender (13 AP)
    • Toughness, Stalwart Defense
      1. Item Defense I, Resilient Defense III
      2. Durable Defense III, Instinctive Defense I
      3. Tenacious Defense III

Destiny

Shirardi Champion
    1. Stay Frosty II, Wild Shots III
    2. Prism, Fey Form III
    3. Rainbow
    4. Double Rainbow, In the Weeds II, Elemental Absorption III
    5. Nerve Venom III
    6. Audience with the Queen

Twists of Fate (22 fate points)
    1. Energy Burst: Fire (Tier 4 Draconic)
    2. Empyrean Magic (Tier 3 Crusader)
    3. Boulder Toss (Tier 1 Fury)
    Last edited by Ancient; 03-09-2015 at 07:38 PM.

Community Member

great and interesting advancement of your previous post.
    Can this be done with shadowmail and large shield like storm bulwark instead of heavy armor + tower? Or would that lose too much PMRR to be worth it?

also, while in exalted angel DE, You're twisting cocoon to heal other party members? Cause ive been wondering if cocoon works like golem's heart, in that it can heal even palemasters. Im still heroic so cant verify it

Default PM and Cocoon

Quote Originally Posted by shirochan57 View Post
    Can this be done with shadowmail and large shield like storm bulwark instead of heavy armor + tower? Or would that lose too much PMRR to be worth it?

also, while in exalted angel DE, You're twisting cocoon to heal other party members? Cause ive been wondering if cocoon works like golem's heart, in that it can heal even palemasters. Im still heroic so cant verify it
    Cocoon won't heal a PM but the 150 Temp Hp can help them out of a pinch to self-heal.

Community Member

I think the prr/mrr would make even crafted armor come out ahead, but I have not tried it. If you try it and get so numbers or have feedback, I would be happy to include them.

I only switch to cocoon for raid healing where that would be my primary task during the raid. Even with offensive twists, EA still has divine wrath and mass cure to go along with scrolls.

And as the previous poster pointed out, the 150 temp hp is more than a max/empower inflict is going to heal for less mana, greater range and no issue with having to face the right direction.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
    I think the prr/mrr would make even crafted armor come out ahead, but I have not tried it. If you try it and get so numbers or have feedback, I would be happy to include them.

I only switch to cocoon for raid healing where that would be my primary task during the raid. Even with offensive twists, EA still has divine wrath and mass cure to go along with scrolls.

And as the previous poster pointed out, the 150 temp hp is more than a max/empower inflict is going to heal for less mana, greater range and no issue with having to face the right direction.
    I see, yeah 150HP is always welcome. So which ED do You find most survivable or enjoyable now? EA, Draconic or shiradi?

I still feel very good about your previous build with dodge/evasion, but Im starting to see the benefits of PMRR. maybe I will try to combine your builds NovaShiradi and NovaSoul, by wearing medium shadowmail that has greater twilight for melee intensive quests, and switching back to monk stances for trap and spell heavy quests.

Community Member

couple ASF tips:
    * Lootgen Half plates have only 30 ASF, rather than 35. They offer same PRR. (less ac more max dex)
    ** mithral heavy shield gives 10 prr/mrr and has 5% ASF. this one also doubles mrr vs evadable spells.

conclusions:
    * at lvl 20, greater twilight half plate + blue slot -15% can nullify your asf for both plate and heavy mithral shield without AP expenditure

Community Member

I see, yeah 150HP is always welcome. So which ED do You find most survivable or enjoyable now? EA, Draconic or shiradi?
    When I started working on a divine ETR, I expected that it would be a suck it up and get it done... but I really enjoyed the way the build played in EA. For epic normal/hard, the extra AE attacks are really nice and for content that hits harder than I can stand the wings are nice. For anything in the middle, the extra DPS and CC from shiradi is very nice. It is actually quite fun in both (for me), and it is nice having a choice.

I still feel very good about your previous build with dodge/evasion, but Im starting to see the benefits of PMRR. maybe I will try to combine your builds NovaShiradi and NovaSoul, by wearing medium shadowmail that has greater twilight for melee intensive quests, and switching back to monk stances for trap and spell heavy quests.
    Part of why I didn't do a revamp based on the U23 changes until late in U24 was that the previous build was performing just fine. I do think the new version is more robust and has more flexility due to the lvl 9 spells... but there are some occasions where I do miss the huge boost to saves that the grandmaster monk stance provides. Let me know how your experiment goes, I'm always happy to include more information in the posts.

couple ASF tips:

conclusions:
    Hi cru121, is there any lootgen mithral plate?
    @Ancient--I assume the mithral quality also stacks for reducing ASF; also, there are named mithral plate armors that get the added benefit of only requiring medium armor proficiency like the Templar's Bastion:http://m.ddowiki.com/page/Item:Epic_Templar%27s_Bastion
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level.
    Decreased playtime since update 55 (Summer 2022) as I will not play the level cap increase

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    Hi cru121, is there any lootgen mithral plate?
    @Ancient--I assume the mithral quality also stacks for reducing ASF; also, there are named mithral plate armors that get the added benefit of only requiring medium armor proficiency like the Templar's Bastion:http://m.ddowiki.com/page/Item:Epic_Templar%27s_Bastion
    lootgen mithral plate (even if it still dropped) and named mithral plates are considered medium armor and grant less PRR/MRR. So yes, you need less ASF reduction. But you get less defensive benefits.

Community Member

More stuff that I know... but didn't think to put in the PRR/MRR section. It does have less ASF, but it loses a lot of the PRR/MRR benefit to get the lower ASF.

Thanks!

Community Member

Default SP management

IIRC, You're wearing both torc and ConOpp GS item, correct? Do You have any thoughts on which one procs more often or gives You more SP in general? In your vids I can see that Your mana management is excellent but I think its mostly due to just reward, am I mistaken? Do You have halcyon boots too?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast