Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 205
  1. #1
    Developer Vargouille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,109

    Default Future Mysterious Remants Rewards (Monster Champions) - Augments, Cloak

    We're looking at adding some additional reward options in the future for Mysterious Remnants, available through the existing vendor in the Hall of Heroes.

    There's two broad categories of rewards, standard rewards that are available all of the time, and "Festival" rewards that are turned on for shorter periods of time (often one weekend, maybe one week). The first list below is fairly long.

    We'd like to hear what you think of these rewards, and the general reward structure.


    New Standard Rewards
    This is a series of Augments that mostly exist in some form in DDO already. These aren't always "easily" available and we felt Augments were a good solution for providing items that are usable by a lot of players. We recognize that some players that want these augments may go through different routes they'd use to obtain some of these, and that's OK.

    • Each of these Augments has an associated minimum level (generally along the pattern of 4, 8, 12, 16, 20).
    • Sapphires of Defense provide both Physical Resistance and Magical Resistance.


    Summary: Ability score augments, Elemental "on-hit" damage augments, Spell Power Augments, Saving Throw augments, PRR/MRR Augments, and Energy Resistance augments.

    Augment, Cost in Mysterious Remnants
    "Ruby of Minor Flame", 100
    "Ruby of Minor Frost", 100
    "Ruby of Minor Acid", 100
    "Ruby of Minor Shock", 100
    "Ruby of Combustion 30", 100
    "Ruby of Glaciation 30", 100
    "Ruby of Corrosion 30", 100
    "Ruby of Magnetism 30", 100
    "Ruby of Resonance 30", 100
    "Ruby of Impulse 30", 100
    "Ruby of Radiance 30", 100
    "Ruby of Nullification 30", 100
    "Ruby of Devotion 30", 100
    "Ruby of Reconstruction 30", 100
    "Ruby of Lesser Flame", 200
    "Ruby of Lesser Frost", 200
    "Ruby of Lesser Acid", 200
    "Ruby of Lesser Shock", 200
    "Ruby of Combustion 42", 200
    "Ruby of Glaciation 42", 200
    "Ruby of Corrosion 42", 200
    "Ruby of Magnetism 42", 200
    "Ruby of Resonance 42", 200
    "Ruby of Impulse 42", 200
    "Ruby of Radiance 42", 200
    "Ruby of Nullification 42", 200
    "Ruby of Devotion 42", 200
    "Ruby of Reconstruction 42", 200
    "Ruby of Flame", 400
    "Ruby of Frost", 400
    "Ruby of Acid", 400
    "Ruby of Shock", 400
    "Ruby of Combustion 54", 400
    "Ruby of Glaciation 54", 400
    "Ruby of Corrosion 54", 400
    "Ruby of Magnetism 54", 400
    "Ruby of Resonance 54", 400
    "Ruby of Impulse 54", 400
    "Ruby of Radiance 54", 400
    "Ruby of Nullification 54", 400
    "Ruby of Devotion 54", 400
    "Ruby of Reconstruction 54", 400
    "Ruby of Improved Flame", 600
    "Ruby of Improved Frost", 600
    "Ruby of Improved Acid", 600
    "Ruby of Improved Shock", 600
    "Ruby of Combustion 66", 600
    "Ruby of Glaciation 66", 600
    "Ruby of Corrosion 66", 600
    "Ruby of Magnetism 66", 600
    "Ruby of Resonance 66", 600
    "Ruby of Impulse 66", 600
    "Ruby of Radiance 66", 600
    "Ruby of Nullification 66", 600
    "Ruby of Devotion 66", 600
    "Ruby of Reconstruction 66", 600
    "Ruby of Greater Flame", 800
    "Ruby of Greater Frost", 800
    "Ruby of Greater Acid", 800
    "Ruby of Greater Shock", 800
    "Ruby of Combustion 78", 800
    "Ruby of Glaciation 78", 800
    "Ruby of Corrosion 78", 800
    "Ruby of Magnetism 78", 800
    "Ruby of Resonance 78", 800
    "Ruby of Impulse 78", 800
    "Ruby of Radiance 78", 800
    "Ruby of Nullification 78", 800
    "Ruby of Devotion 78", 800
    "Ruby of Reconstruction 78", 800
    "Ruby of Superior Flame", 1000
    "Ruby of Superior Frost", 1000
    "Ruby of Superior Acid", 1000
    "Ruby of Superior Shock", 1000
    "Ruby of Combustion 90", 1000
    "Ruby of Glaciation 90", 1000
    "Ruby of Corrosion 90", 1000
    "Ruby of Magnetism 90", 1000
    "Ruby of Resonance 90", 1000
    "Ruby of Impulse 90", 1000
    "Ruby of Radiance 90", 1000
    "Ruby of Nullification 90", 1000
    "Ruby of Devotion 90", 1000
    "Ruby of Reconstruction 90", 1000

    "Sapphire of Resistance +1", 100
    "Sapphire of Defense +2", 100
    "Sapphire of Resistance +2", 200
    "Sapphire of Defense +4", 200
    "Sapphire of Resistance +3", 400
    "Sapphire of Defense +6", 400
    "Sapphire of Resistance +4", 600
    "Sapphire of Defense +8", 600
    "Sapphire of Resistance +5", 800
    "Sapphire of Defense +10", 800
    "Sapphire of Resistance +6", 1000
    "Sapphire of Defense +12", 1000

    "Topaz of Fire Resistance 5", 100
    "Topaz of Cold Resistance 5", 100
    "Topaz of Acid Resistance 5", 100
    "Topaz of Electric Resistance 5", 100
    "Topaz of Sonic Resistance 5", 100
    "Topaz of Fire Resistance 10", 200
    "Topaz of Cold Resistance 10", 200
    "Topaz of Acid Resistance 10", 200
    "Topaz of Electric Resistance 10", 200
    "Topaz of Sonic Resistance 10", 200
    "Topaz of Fire Resistance 15", 400
    "Topaz of Cold Resistance 15", 400
    "Topaz of Acid Resistance 15", 400
    "Topaz of Electric Resistance 15", 400
    "Topaz of Sonic Resistance 15", 400
    "Topaz of Fire Resistance 20", 600
    "Topaz of Cold Resistance 20", 600
    "Topaz of Acid Resistance 20", 600
    "Topaz of Electric Resistance 20", 600
    "Topaz of Sonic Resistance 20", 600
    "Topaz of Fire Resistance 25", 800
    "Topaz of Cold Resistance 25", 800
    "Topaz of Acid Resistance 25", 800
    "Topaz of Electric Resistance 25", 800
    "Topaz of Sonic Resistance 25", 800
    "Topaz of Fire Resistance 30", 1000
    "Topaz of Cold Resistance 30", 1000
    "Topaz of Acid Resistance 30", 1000
    "Topaz of Electric Resistance 30", 1000
    "Topaz of Sonic Resistance 30", 1000

    "Diamond of Strength +1", 300
    "Diamond of Dexterity +1", 300
    "Diamond of Constitution +1", 300
    "Diamond of Intelligence +1", 300
    "Diamond of Wisdom +1", 300
    "Diamond of Charisma +1", 300
    "Diamond of Strength +2", 400
    "Diamond of Dexterity +2", 400
    "Diamond of Constitution +2", 400
    "Diamond of Intelligence +2", 400
    "Diamond of Wisdom +2", 400
    "Diamond of Charisma +2", 400
    "Diamond of Strength +3", 500
    "Diamond of Dexterity +3", 500
    "Diamond of Constitution +3", 500
    "Diamond of Intelligence +3", 500
    "Diamond of Wisdom +3", 500
    "Diamond of Charisma +3", 500
    "Diamond of Strength +4", 700
    "Diamond of Dexterity +4", 700
    "Diamond of Constitution +4", 700
    "Diamond of Intelligence +4", 700
    "Diamond of Wisdom +4", 700
    "Diamond of Charisma +4", 700
    "Diamond of Strength +5", 1000
    "Diamond of Dexterity +5", 1000
    "Diamond of Constitution +5", 1000
    "Diamond of Intelligence +5", 1000
    "Diamond of Wisdom +5", 1000
    "Diamond of Charisma +5", 1000
    "Diamond of Strength +6", 2000
    "Diamond of Dexterity +6", 2000
    "Diamond of Constitution +6", 2000
    "Diamond of Intelligence +6", 2000
    "Diamond of Wisdom +6", 2000
    "Diamond of Charisma +6", 2000

    New "Festival" Rewards
    Somewhat similar to the Eternal Flasks and the Crown of fire, these items would be available on a limited time basis, but would be expected to return again in the future. These would not necessarily be available at the same time as the Flasks and Crown, however. (The exact timing and appearances are part of a larger rewards schedule.)

    Summary: More powerful versions of the standard rewards augments, and Mysterious Cloaks & Mysterious Bracers.


    Mysterious Cloaks & Mysterious Bracers
    These are intentionally identical items. We're choosing to put out a Cloak version and a Bracers version to make it easier to mix into the puzzle that is juggling items between your equipment slots.

    • Minimum Level 7: +15 Exceptional bonus to Positive Healing Amplification, +11 Competence bonus to Magical Resistance, Green Augment Slot, Colorless Augment Slot, Masterful Craftsmanship 4
    • Minimum Level 14: +30 Exceptional bonus to Positive Healing Amplification, +18 Competence bonus to Magical Resistance, Green Augment Slot, Colorless Augment Slot, Masterful Craftsmanship 4
    • Minimum Level 21: +45 Exceptional bonus to Positive Healing Amplification, +25 Competence bonus to Magical Resistance, Green Augment Slot, Colorless Augment Slot, Masterful Craftsmanship 4
    • (updated post Lamannia, because things change)


    Pre-answering some questions that came up from the Council: Masterful Craftsmanship 4 reduces the minimum level by 4 (so while the first item has a minimum level of 7, it would normally be 11). Yes, that's an Exceptional bonus to Healing Amplification, the same bonus type given to the old 10% Healing Amplification items before the recent Healing Amp changes. Competence bonus hasn't been used for MRR before, so this would stack with everything made so far.


    Festival Augments
    "Diamond of Strength +7", 3000
    "Diamond of Dexterity +7", 3000
    "Diamond of Constitution +7", 3000
    "Diamond of Intelligence +7", 3000
    "Diamond of Wisdom +7", 3000
    "Diamond of Charisma +7", 3000
    "Diamond of Exceptional Strength +1", 3000
    "Diamond of Exceptional Dexterity +1", 3000
    "Diamond of Exceptional Constitution +1", 3000
    "Diamond of Exceptional Intelligence +1", 3000
    "Diamond of Exceptional Wisdom +1", 3000
    "Diamond of Exceptional Charisma +1", 3000
    "Diamond of Insightful Strength +2", 3000
    "Diamond of Insightful Dexterity +2", 3000
    "Diamond of Insightful Constitution +2", 3000
    "Diamond of Insightful Intelligence +2", 3000
    "Diamond of Insightful Wisdom +2", 3000
    "Diamond of Insightful Charisma +2", 3000

    "Ruby of Sovereign Flame", 2000
    "Ruby of Sovereign Frost", 2000
    "Ruby of Sovereign Acid", 2000
    "Ruby of Sovereign Shock", 2000
    "Ruby of Combustion 114", 2000
    "Ruby of Glaciation 114", 2000
    "Ruby of Corrosion 114", 2000
    "Ruby of Magnetism 114", 2000
    "Ruby of Resonance 114", 2000
    "Ruby of Impulse 114", 2000
    "Ruby of Radiance 114", 2000
    "Ruby of Nullification 114", 2000
    "Ruby of Devotion 114", 2000
    "Ruby of Reconstruction 114", 2000

    "Sapphire of Resistance +7", 2000
    "Sapphire of Defense +14", 2000

    "Topaz of Fire Resistance 35", 2000
    "Topaz of Cold Resistance 35", 2000
    "Topaz of Acid Resistance 35", 2000
    "Topaz of Electric Resistance 35", 2000
    "Topaz of Sonic Resistance 35", 2000


    Thanks for your feedback!
    Last edited by Vargouille; 03-26-2015 at 12:08 PM.

  2. #2
    Developer Vargouille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,109

    Default

    A brief reminder that current Player's Council members are urged to not post in this thread for approximately 36 hours, so we can get feedback from the community at large initially untainted by those who have seen this topic already, and earlier iterations of this topic.

  3. #3
    Community Member Monkey-Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,151

    Default

    Give me some augments I can't get through some other means and I might care enough to bother to farm for the champ droppings.

    Healing amp?

    Artifact damage bonus?

    True seeing?

  4. #4
    Community Member Wizza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,442

    Default

    Nice, tons of augments of stuff that you can get readily on a random gen loot, as augments in GH or Twelve or about EVERYWHERE else for about 1k plat and some mats.

    Also, what about people at cap? Thanks for thinking to us (not) but no, I appreciate your effort but try more. As a player at level 28, this post, these rewards are completely useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

  5. #5
    Community Member Rys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,955

    Default

    Nothing much interesting for level 28 toons. The hamp items are pretty cool but not really worth of giving up any other gear.

  6. #6

    Default

    Hmmm... interesting. Well not the augments I can already get from the Twelve crafting or Gianthold vendors. But at least this gives others a more universal ingredient to get those.

    So no on healing amp augments then?

    Also no skill augments.... hmmmm.

    Lots of work I won't use except maybe the new healing amp/bonus MRR items for ETR leveling.
    Last edited by Gratch; 02-13-2015 at 05:48 PM.
    Casual DDOaholic

  7. #7
    Community Member bbqzor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,088

    Default

    Initially... Meh. Its better than what is there now. And it WILL be useful to players. On those two points, thumbs up.

    But its also nothing that didnt already exist (save the MRR aug). So there is a high degree of probability that veterans will, at some point, have diminishing use for the entire thing.

    I like that it provides a UNIVERSAL avenue to obtain augment progression. This does NOT bias against new players, or require certain content (which is frequently only available in a specific level range). There are positives.

    Its probably better for the game that this go live than not, even if personally I cant see really being affected one way or the other.

    The one possibility is the cloak/bracers, for one sole reason: healing amp and prr/mrr before epic. But to fill such a large gap in the games implementation, it really should be something thats always available. With it being a "seasonal" offering, it wont really help anyone unless they save up and buy it for a future heroic life and thats really not what the game needs encouraged right now. Its a "rich get richer" kind of thinking for people already established making their life easier. It needs to be accessible to people who DONT already have those things.

    If you make those (cloak/bracer) 24/7 offerings, I would be much more inclined to say this was a good change. As written, it just looks like another path to the same place, and as someone whos been around long enough to see places, it doesnt really fit the bill for "making remnants cool". But itll help the new guy, so like I said, better than nothing. Id really like to see it address some greater purpose though... and extending access to what are quickly becoming "game-required" stats like healing amp and prr/mrr into heroic is an actual void that needs filling.

  8. #8
    Community Member FestusHood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,484

    Default

    I would like to see skill augments available in the festival category. All the ones you listed here are available in Gianthold now. It might be nice for people who don't own Gianthold or can't get a raid completion.

    If you ever decide to put in healing amp augments, please don't make them of the stacking exceptional type. I would want them to replace gear that i feel somewhat forced to wear.

  9. #9
    Community Member depositbox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    499

    Default

    omg that cloak!!

  10. #10
    Community Member apep1412's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Mysterious Cloaks & Mysterious Bracers
    These are intentionally identical items. We're choosing to put out a Cloak version and a Bracers version to make it easier to mix into the puzzle that is juggling items between your equipment slots.

    • Minimum Level 7: +15 Exceptional bonus to Positive Healing Amplification, +11 Competence bonus to Magical Resistance, Green Augment Slot, Yellow Augment Slot, Masterful Craftsmanship 4
    • Minimum Level 14: +30 Exceptional bonus to Positive Healing Amplification, +18 Competence bonus to Magical Resistance, Green Augment Slot, Yellow Augment Slot, Masterful Craftsmanship 4
    • Minimum Level 21: +45 Exceptional bonus to Positive Healing Amplification, +25 Competence bonus to Magical Resistance, Green Augment Slot, Yellow Augment Slot, Masterful Craftsmanship 4


    Pre-answering some questions that came up from the Council: Masterful Craftsmanship 4 reduces the minimum level by 4 (so while the first item has a minimum level of 7, it would normally be 11). Yes, that's an Exceptional bonus to Healing Amplification, the same bonus type given to the old 10% Healing Amplification items before the recent Healing Amp changes. Competence bonus hasn't been used for MRR before, so this would stack with everything made so far.
    Concerning your pre-answer to Masterful Craftsmanship 4: Is there a reason for it to appear on these items? Do they count as randomly generated loot? Does each level version have different tiers, one of which adds the MC4, decreasing the level? Otherwise, wouldn't it be the same as making them 7/14/21 instead of making them 11/18/25 with MC4? I also noticed that there's no cost listed for these. I can see myself using the cloak version, even at level 28 on some characters. I can't find a use for the bracer version in epic levels, but that's mostly because the cloak version exists and there aren't a lot of good epic cloak options.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post

    Festival Augments
    "Diamond of Insightful Strength +2", 3000
    "Diamond of Insightful Dexterity +2", 3000
    "Diamond of Insightful Constitution +2", 3000
    "Diamond of Insightful Intelligence +2", 3000
    "Diamond of Insightful Wisdom +2", 3000
    "Diamond of Insightful Charisma +2", 3000
    It's nice to see these somewhere outside of random loot, even if it's only occasionally.

  11. #11
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    268

    Default

    Opinion:

    Any augment with lvl 8 or less needs to have their costs cut by 4. This is the newbie levels, and making it expensive to get stuff the pro's sell to a vendor on a regular basis, is kinda pointless. A newb who actually does a elite quite should feel rewarded by doing so. Let him get his 1d2 acid dmg, if he can find a item with a red slot at that lvl, which should be the hard part.

    Augments:
    I want an augment that changes an augment slot to a crafting slot. I want to be able to use my crafter for something.

    Mysterious items: Would rather have cloak and belt. Bracers have so many competition items.
    Yes, I would use the mysterious items. We need a lvl 28 version though. We also need a lvl 1 version so the newbs feel special.
    I would care more if their was cosmetic cloaks and bracers that a toon could wear. Then as long as they were pretty, I would want them even more.

    3k for the high end festival items seems ridiculous considering you can get the same stuff from gh relic turn ins.

    You should also offer remnants to heart seeds prices on a regular basis. The heart seeds are pretty much given away at lvl 28, this would save running a couple of quests.
    Khyber:
    Lunality, Sorcality, Tunality, Axation, Causation, Shurality, Desparality, Stingality and a few more...
    Stingality

  12. #12
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    8

    Thumbs up A bit of a disappointment

    What I expected to see on this thread by reading the Title: New content, new objects, new stuff to incorporate.

    If you plan on making the augments that are mainly ALREADY available to people, via Gianthold, to free to play players, that is nice.

    However, why limit yourselves to simply this? It seems a tad on the lazy side, as it is noted that the Barter System is already a template you all possess in terms of setting up the trades.

    As far as adding stuff to this, that we can get, would be:

    -XP Potions; Not asking for your to throw Sov pots at everyone's feet, but a 10% Bonus for 3/6 Hours for 5k Remnants would be nice.

    -Healing Amplification Augments, system you added for this made the game a ton easier to balance, but why stop short? Everything has an augment, why not this?

    -Skill Augments; These are rare in-game, and would help out the community a ton if these were released from +5, to a +15 or so. And make them raise the level of the item as per usual.

    -This may seem like an odd idea, but allow the barter system to allow players to add Augment Slots to Loot-Gen items.
    In this manner, we have a use to farm for Remnants.
    --2000 Remnants for a Colorless
    --5000 to 10000 for a Red, Blue, or Yellow.
    And to balance such items, it would be best to limit it to One of each, or Either or.
    Raise the level as usual to balance this feature.
    This could also be used to revive the old and dying Cannith Crafting that was made obsolete with Thunder-Forged.

    -And while an oddball request, why not tomes?
    +1 For 2k
    +2 For 4k
    +3 For 6k
    +4 For 10k
    This way, free to play can catch up a bit, but would still have to buy the +5/6 tomes, or the content for it (Epics)

    -Why not a new line of cosmetics?
    Ive seen Turbine showcase cosmetics often, why not make some more accessible?
    Mirror For 20k
    Special Cosmetics ( Like the Crown ) for 10k

    While I am not bashing the feature, it would be nice to see turbine push it more to the limits, and make use.
    Most players seem frustrated because some systems are put into place, but never continued or finished, or updated.
    So it would be nice to see some depth into this one.

    Just as an overall - This idea floats, its nice for free to play, and VIP players do not need to farm Gianthold for fancy augments, as they can grab some from here.

    Again, not bashing, but I just wanna emphasize what players hope this new barter system can bring.
    Push it a bit more in the right direction, and it can be nice.
    Last edited by Shaskja; 02-13-2015 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Just to get the Point Across

  13. #13
    Hopeless Romantic dunklezhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    6,509

    Default

    I think that your mid-lower level items are way, way too expensive. It would be nice if there was a remote possibility that a relatively new player could earn some appropriate level augments before outlevelling their usefulness and based on the drop rates I experience at least that just seems unlikely. I have no problems with higher tier augments being expensive, people will use jewellers kits to keep that kind of stuff but lowbie augments are near useless, given the speed one levels and finds effects on loot - even 100 remnants for a L4 augment is really just too high.

    This issue is not just limited to champion augments, but augments in general. Put it this way - the current system means I still don't bother trailing around the collectible merchants and my bags just get more full. With prices like these, my bags are going to get very full of remnants too, because it'll take so long to earn enough to buy anything, I will have got out of the habit of checking on - and therefore caring about - my remnant totals. I will simply forget about the system, as I more or less do with augments barring a couple of the nice chance-to-proc ones which I managed to get for a couple of mil off the auction house because I can guarantee you they'd never actually drop for me.

    Basically, the speed you blow through low to mid heroics these days, anything intended for L12 or under is basically throwaway loot now. So there's zero point making people work for it when it comes to augments at that level particularly.


    As far as the actual effects on the list - sorry but /meh. Standard effects are standard. for the festival loot especially I was hoping for more interesting effects like some of the wackier named loot effects (staggering, antimagic spike, treason, nightmare spike, that kind of thing). Obviously more sources of +7 stat and exceptional stat are going to be welcomed (actually, the exceptional stats are the only way I'd be interested in trying to slot stats via augments, I don't want to minimise how useful they are. They're just not interesting). We just had Sev in another thread telling us about all the varied tactics and abilities and options available to us as players with regard dealing with champions, be nice if the rewards for defeating them mirrored that. As it is, I don't honestly think you should bother spending the effort putting any of that in at those prices for anything below about L16. Would anyone really buy them, or would everyone be saving up for the higher level stuff? Think about DDO's own pricing strategy - for low level consumption it's all about the micro transactions. Low level augments would seem an ideal place to apply that same strategy when it comes to the in game 'ingredient' cost.

    actually, on the plus side, the uniformity of that list would suggest you're pretty good at getting those effects to slot into place at will now. Shape of Cannith to come?
    Last edited by dunklezhan; 02-13-2015 at 06:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge
    Quote Originally Posted by Amundir View Post
    My words are great. Even out of context.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We're looking at adding some additional reward options in the future for Mysterious Remnants, available through the existing vendor in the Hall of Heroes.

    There's two broad categories of rewards, standard rewards that are available all of the time, and "Festival" rewards that are turned on for shorter periods of time (often one weekend, maybe one week). The first list below is fairly long.

    We'd like to hear what you think of these rewards, and the general reward structure.


    New Standard Rewards
    This is a series of Augments that mostly exist in some form in DDO already. These aren't always "easily" available and we felt Augments were a good solution for providing items that are usable by a lot of players. We recognize that some players that want these augments may go through different routes they'd use to obtain some of these, and that's OK.

    • Each of these Augments has an associated minimum level (generally along the pattern of 4, 8, 12, 16, 20).
    • Sapphires of Defense provide both Physical Resistance and Magical Resistance.


    Summary: Ability score augments, Elemental "on-hit" damage augments, Spell Power Augments, Saving Throw augments, PRR/MRR Augments, and Energy Resistance augments.

    Augment, Cost in Mysterious Remnants
    "Ruby of Minor Flame", 100
    "Ruby of Minor Frost", 100
    "Ruby of Minor Acid", 100
    "Ruby of Minor Shock", 100
    "Ruby of Combustion 30", 100
    "Ruby of Glaciation 30", 100
    "Ruby of Corrosion 30", 100
    "Ruby of Magnetism 30", 100
    "Ruby of Resonance 30", 100
    "Ruby of Impulse 30", 100
    "Ruby of Radiance 30", 100
    "Ruby of Nullification 30", 100
    "Ruby of Devotion 30", 100
    "Ruby of Reconstruction 30", 100
    "Ruby of Lesser Flame", 200
    "Ruby of Lesser Frost", 200
    "Ruby of Lesser Acid", 200
    "Ruby of Lesser Shock", 200
    "Ruby of Combustion 42", 200
    "Ruby of Glaciation 42", 200
    "Ruby of Corrosion 42", 200
    "Ruby of Magnetism 42", 200
    "Ruby of Resonance 42", 200
    "Ruby of Impulse 42", 200
    "Ruby of Radiance 42", 200
    "Ruby of Nullification 42", 200
    "Ruby of Devotion 42", 200
    "Ruby of Reconstruction 42", 200
    "Ruby of Flame", 400
    "Ruby of Frost", 400
    "Ruby of Acid", 400
    "Ruby of Shock", 400
    "Ruby of Combustion 54", 400
    "Ruby of Glaciation 54", 400
    "Ruby of Corrosion 54", 400
    "Ruby of Magnetism 54", 400
    "Ruby of Resonance 54", 400
    "Ruby of Impulse 54", 400
    "Ruby of Radiance 54", 400
    "Ruby of Nullification 54", 400
    "Ruby of Devotion 54", 400
    "Ruby of Reconstruction 54", 400
    "Ruby of Improved Flame", 600
    "Ruby of Improved Frost", 600
    "Ruby of Improved Acid", 600
    "Ruby of Improved Shock", 600
    "Ruby of Combustion 66", 600
    "Ruby of Glaciation 66", 600
    "Ruby of Corrosion 66", 600
    "Ruby of Magnetism 66", 600
    "Ruby of Resonance 66", 600
    "Ruby of Impulse 66", 600
    "Ruby of Radiance 66", 600
    "Ruby of Nullification 66", 600
    "Ruby of Devotion 66", 600
    "Ruby of Reconstruction 66", 600
    "Ruby of Greater Flame", 800
    "Ruby of Greater Frost", 800
    "Ruby of Greater Acid", 800
    "Ruby of Greater Shock", 800
    "Ruby of Combustion 78", 800
    "Ruby of Glaciation 78", 800
    "Ruby of Corrosion 78", 800
    "Ruby of Magnetism 78", 800
    "Ruby of Resonance 78", 800
    "Ruby of Impulse 78", 800
    "Ruby of Radiance 78", 800
    "Ruby of Nullification 78", 800
    "Ruby of Devotion 78", 800
    "Ruby of Reconstruction 78", 800
    "Ruby of Superior Flame", 1000
    "Ruby of Superior Frost", 1000
    "Ruby of Superior Acid", 1000
    "Ruby of Superior Shock", 1000
    "Ruby of Combustion 90", 1000
    "Ruby of Glaciation 90", 1000
    "Ruby of Corrosion 90", 1000
    "Ruby of Magnetism 90", 1000
    "Ruby of Resonance 90", 1000
    "Ruby of Impulse 90", 1000
    "Ruby of Radiance 90", 1000
    "Ruby of Nullification 90", 1000
    "Ruby of Devotion 90", 1000
    "Ruby of Reconstruction 90", 1000

    "Sapphire of Resistance +1", 100
    "Sapphire of Defense +2", 100
    "Sapphire of Resistance +2", 200
    "Sapphire of Defense +4", 200
    "Sapphire of Resistance +3", 400
    "Sapphire of Defense +6", 400
    "Sapphire of Resistance +4", 600
    "Sapphire of Defense +8", 600
    "Sapphire of Resistance +5", 800
    "Sapphire of Defense +10", 800
    "Sapphire of Resistance +6", 1000
    "Sapphire of Defense +12", 1000

    "Topaz of Fire Resistance 5", 100
    "Topaz of Cold Resistance 5", 100
    "Topaz of Acid Resistance 5", 100
    "Topaz of Electric Resistance 5", 100
    "Topaz of Sonic Resistance 5", 100
    "Topaz of Fire Resistance 10", 200
    "Topaz of Cold Resistance 10", 200
    "Topaz of Acid Resistance 10", 200
    "Topaz of Electric Resistance 10", 200
    "Topaz of Sonic Resistance 10", 200
    "Topaz of Fire Resistance 15", 400
    "Topaz of Cold Resistance 15", 400
    "Topaz of Acid Resistance 15", 400
    "Topaz of Electric Resistance 15", 400
    "Topaz of Sonic Resistance 15", 400
    "Topaz of Fire Resistance 20", 600
    "Topaz of Cold Resistance 20", 600
    "Topaz of Acid Resistance 20", 600
    "Topaz of Electric Resistance 20", 600
    "Topaz of Sonic Resistance 20", 600
    "Topaz of Fire Resistance 25", 800
    "Topaz of Cold Resistance 25", 800
    "Topaz of Acid Resistance 25", 800
    "Topaz of Electric Resistance 25", 800
    "Topaz of Sonic Resistance 25", 800
    "Topaz of Fire Resistance 30", 1000
    "Topaz of Cold Resistance 30", 1000
    "Topaz of Acid Resistance 30", 1000
    "Topaz of Electric Resistance 30", 1000
    "Topaz of Sonic Resistance 30", 1000

    "Diamond of Strength +1", 300
    "Diamond of Dexterity +1", 300
    "Diamond of Constitution +1", 300
    "Diamond of Intelligence +1", 300
    "Diamond of Wisdom +1", 300
    "Diamond of Charisma +1", 300
    "Diamond of Strength +2", 400
    "Diamond of Dexterity +2", 400
    "Diamond of Constitution +2", 400
    "Diamond of Intelligence +2", 400
    "Diamond of Wisdom +2", 400
    "Diamond of Charisma +2", 400
    "Diamond of Strength +3", 500
    "Diamond of Dexterity +3", 500
    "Diamond of Constitution +3", 500
    "Diamond of Intelligence +3", 500
    "Diamond of Wisdom +3", 500
    "Diamond of Charisma +3", 500
    "Diamond of Strength +4", 700
    "Diamond of Dexterity +4", 700
    "Diamond of Constitution +4", 700
    "Diamond of Intelligence +4", 700
    "Diamond of Wisdom +4", 700
    "Diamond of Charisma +4", 700
    "Diamond of Strength +5", 1000
    "Diamond of Dexterity +5", 1000
    "Diamond of Constitution +5", 1000
    "Diamond of Intelligence +5", 1000
    "Diamond of Wisdom +5", 1000
    "Diamond of Charisma +5", 1000
    "Diamond of Strength +6", 2000
    "Diamond of Dexterity +6", 2000
    "Diamond of Constitution +6", 2000
    "Diamond of Intelligence +6", 2000
    "Diamond of Wisdom +6", 2000
    "Diamond of Charisma +6", 2000

    New "Festival" Rewards
    Somewhat similar to the Eternal Flasks and the Crown of fire, these items would be available on a limited time basis, but would be expected to return again in the future. These would not necessarily be available at the same time as the Flasks and Crown, however. (The exact timing and appearances are part of a larger rewards schedule.)

    Summary: More powerful versions of the standard rewards augments, and Mysterious Cloaks & Mysterious Bracers.


    Mysterious Cloaks & Mysterious Bracers
    These are intentionally identical items. We're choosing to put out a Cloak version and a Bracers version to make it easier to mix into the puzzle that is juggling items between your equipment slots.

    • Minimum Level 7: +15 Exceptional bonus to Positive Healing Amplification, +11 Competence bonus to Magical Resistance, Green Augment Slot, Yellow Augment Slot, Masterful Craftsmanship 4
    • Minimum Level 14: +30 Exceptional bonus to Positive Healing Amplification, +18 Competence bonus to Magical Resistance, Green Augment Slot, Yellow Augment Slot, Masterful Craftsmanship 4
    • Minimum Level 21: +45 Exceptional bonus to Positive Healing Amplification, +25 Competence bonus to Magical Resistance, Green Augment Slot, Yellow Augment Slot, Masterful Craftsmanship 4


    Pre-answering some questions that came up from the Council: Masterful Craftsmanship 4 reduces the minimum level by 4 (so while the first item has a minimum level of 7, it would normally be 11). Yes, that's an Exceptional bonus to Healing Amplification, the same bonus type given to the old 10% Healing Amplification items before the recent Healing Amp changes. Competence bonus hasn't been used for MRR before, so this would stack with everything made so far.


    Festival Augments
    "Diamond of Strength +7", 3000
    "Diamond of Dexterity +7", 3000
    "Diamond of Constitution +7", 3000
    "Diamond of Intelligence +7", 3000
    "Diamond of Wisdom +7", 3000
    "Diamond of Charisma +7", 3000
    "Diamond of Exceptional Strength +1", 3000
    "Diamond of Exceptional Dexterity +1", 3000
    "Diamond of Exceptional Constitution +1", 3000
    "Diamond of Exceptional Intelligence +1", 3000
    "Diamond of Exceptional Wisdom +1", 3000
    "Diamond of Exceptional Charisma +1", 3000
    "Diamond of Insightful Strength +2", 3000
    "Diamond of Insightful Dexterity +2", 3000
    "Diamond of Insightful Constitution +2", 3000
    "Diamond of Insightful Intelligence +2", 3000
    "Diamond of Insightful Wisdom +2", 3000
    "Diamond of Insightful Charisma +2", 3000

    "Ruby of Sovereign Flame", 2000
    "Ruby of Sovereign Frost", 2000
    "Ruby of Sovereign Acid", 2000
    "Ruby of Sovereign Shock", 2000
    "Ruby of Combustion 114", 2000
    "Ruby of Glaciation 114", 2000
    "Ruby of Corrosion 114", 2000
    "Ruby of Magnetism 114", 2000
    "Ruby of Resonance 114", 2000
    "Ruby of Impulse 114", 2000
    "Ruby of Radiance 114", 2000
    "Ruby of Nullification 114", 2000
    "Ruby of Devotion 114", 2000
    "Ruby of Reconstruction 114", 2000

    "Sapphire of Resistance +7", 2000
    "Sapphire of Defense +14", 2000

    "Topaz of Fire Resistance 35", 2000
    "Topaz of Cold Resistance 35", 2000
    "Topaz of Acid Resistance 35", 2000
    "Topaz of Electric Resistance 35", 2000
    "Topaz of Sonic Resistance 35", 2000


    Thanks for your feedback!
    love it. especially the new defense augments and the cloak and bracers.

    One query? BtA or BtC?

  15. #15
    Community Member kauetomaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    274

    Default

    everything in this thread has a cast outlined bar the one actual thing i might be interested in *the bracers/cloak*
    whats the cost for it?

  16. #16
    Community Member Vint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey-Boy View Post
    Give me some augments I can't get through some other means and I might care enough to bother to farm for the champ droppings.

    Healing amp?

    Artifact damage bonus?

    True seeing?
    This is my feeling as well.

    Some will say that these items may be to OP, but most of what is listed is not enough to make me go out of my way. Ddoor scrolls too please.
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

    LEGION

  17. #17
    Community Member Systern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,029

    Default

    While I like the cloak/bracers, you didn't list their price...

    As far as it being Festival Gear, I recall a year or two ago that it was decided that having Cove stuff being Best-In-Slot and only seasonally available was a bad thing, so design was moving away from that... I guess that's a rock and a hard place kind of thing... How do you make festival stuff special, while not making them "mandatory".

    As for the Sapphire of Defense, it's nice that MRR is being added to augments. It sucks as someone that's spent a bunch of TP at various levels on PRR augments.

    Why are +7s festival Loot when they're available everyday in Gianthold?


    You guys really need something like the "Skill Tome (+x)" for skill augments. Spend 400 remnants, get an item for a specific ML, double-click on it and get a barter interface for all the Skill Augments in that range. It's annoying that you can't get Skill augments from the augment vendors in game. It's especially stupid that you can't even get the overwhelming majority of them in the DDO store. You want Perform? Jump? Move Silently? Pray to RNGesus that you encounter a chest with one...

  18. #18
    Founder Krell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,862

    Default

    Nice improvements. Bracers/Cloak is nice. Not much else for end game but that might be ok. I wouldn't mind seeing a little more for the ER's such as level 24-25 options.

  19. #19
    Executive Producer Severlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UurlockYgmeov View Post
    love it. especially the new defense augments and the cloak and bracers.

    One query? BtA or BtC?
    BtA

    Sev~

  20. #20
    Community Member legendkilleroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    746

    Default

    ive played everyday since remnants and collect around 2k (havent farmed for them) that would get me a +6 stat item, thats useless especailly as they are ML20

    I like having the insight stat ones available as they cant be got elsewhere but i dont see the need for alot of the others, much easier and quicker to just run GH, plus people have relics from there already

    The bracers and cloak seem fine

    Like others have mentioned people who sit at 28 will want to spend their remnants too

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload