Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default ToEE - what drops where?

Where do the named items drop in ToEE?
    Which chests in each part? Which in the end reward after doing both?

I realise that the drop rates may be too low to even know this yet but figured I would ask anyway.
    Danskerne
    A Danish Guild on Ghallanda. Send PM if interested.
    Leading PUG Raids Wednesdays from 1930 CET

I dont think anyone knows yet. Supposedly, everything should be dropping in all named chests but like you said, the drops stupidly low. The wiki implies that nothing drops out of part 1, which is a major f-up on Turbines part if its true. No point in putting it in the game it doesnt drop what we want.

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    Where do the named items drop in ToEE?
    Which chests in each part? Which in the end reward after doing both?

I realise that the drop rates may be too low to even know this yet but figured I would ask anyway.
    There's a lot of different loot that drops in a lot of different places in TOEE. The distribution is a bit different than a lot of other dungeons in DDO.

For the upgradeable Elemental Weapons, those are found in each dungeon's End Chest, in Random Encounter chests, and the Arc Reward List (when you complete both dungeons). If you've been playing TOEE, you've probably seen a lot of these so far. The drop rate for each kind of weapon is roughly equal. If you're looking for one of a particular element, you may want to search Random Encounters in the particular Node for that element.

For the upgradeable Elemental Armors, you'll want to search Random Encounters in the Elemental Nodes of Part 2.

For the Mythic Named Weapons, they can be found in Random Encounters within the Temple (but not inside the Nodes, I believe) as well as the end chests for either part - However, your odds are much higher on Random Encounter chests than the end chests.

The Mushroom Cap is the only item unique to the End Chest of Part 2.

(Additionally, +6 to +7 Upgrade Tomes can only be found in the End Chests for either Part 1 or Part 2).
    Last edited by Steelstar; 04-27-2015 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Added information about Tomes

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    There's a lot of different loot that drops in a lot of different places in TOEE. The distribution is a bit different than a lot of other dungeons in DDO.

For the upgradeable Elemental Weapons, those are found in each dungeon's End Chest, in Random Encounter chests, and the Arc Reward List (when you complete both dungeons). If you've been playing TOEE, you've probably seen a lot of these so far. The drop rate for each kind of weapon is roughly equal. If you're looking for one of a particular element, you may want to search Random Encounters in the particular Node for that element.

For the upgradeable Elemental Armors, you'll want to search Random Encounters in the Elemental Nodes of Part 2.

For the Mythic Named Weapons, they can be found in Random Encounters within the Temple (but not inside the Nodes, I believe) as well as the end chests for either part - However, your odds are much higher on Random Encounter chests than the end chests.

Hi Steelstar, by any chance were the drop rates in Epic Elite changed after patch? because it seems the named weapons have a drop rate lower than they do on Epic Hard, it would be awesome if you could ask someone to check them, i got the chest statistics on my runs, 252 epic elite loots that can drop those weapons = 0 named items, 42 Epic Hard loots that can drop those weapon= 2 named items. Something seems odd there, might just be luck, but if its posible would love if you could check.

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by RetsacNoom View Post
    Hi Steelstar, by any chance were the drop rates in Epic Elite changed after patch? because it seems the named weapons have a drop rate lower than they do on Epic Hard, it would be awesome if you could ask someone to check them, i got the chest statistics on my runs, 252 epic elite loots that can drop those weapons = 0 named items, 42 Epic Hard loots that can drop those weapon= 2 named items. Something seems odd there, might just be luck, but if its posible would love if you could check.

Thanks in advance!
    As far as I'm aware, we did not make a change to the EE rates. Elite/Epic Elite should be your best odds at getting the Mythic named items.

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Thanks for that insight!

Hero
    ([ ]'.')>-{===> <( ;..; <)

Hi Steelstar, thanks a lot for the info! I was wondering if you could clarify a bit, though (If it doesn't count as spoilers).
    These Randoms Encounters, what are they? Are they the ogre leader ones, buff altar, rare named, the random lone chest or all of them? I know that some of them do not drop crafting weapons, do they still drop named then?
    And do all the named items drop from these chests or is it only specific ones? Do some drop in part 1 while others drop in part 2?

It's just that I'm after the Cranium Cracker and I don't really want to spend a ton of Astral Shards on re-rolls, if I'm doing it on the wrong chest.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Madja View Post
    Hi Steelstar, thanks a lot for the info! I was wondering if you could clarify a bit, though (If it doesn't count as spoilers).
    These Randoms Encounters, what are they? Are they the ogre leader ones, buff altar, rare named, the random lone chest or all of them? I know that some of them do not drop crafting weapons, do they still drop named then?
    And do all the named items drop from these chests or is it only specific ones? Do some drop in part 1 while others drop in part 2?

It's just that I'm after the Cranium Cracker and I don't really want to spend a ton of Astral Shards on re-rolls, if I'm doing it on the wrong chest.
    In my experience the random encounter that drop named items are the Named Bosses that have their optional appear in the quest objectives, the Frogkeeper one, the lone big chests that are locked.
    The chests besides the altars, the lone smallboxes, and the chests from the Ogre Leader, the Gargoyle Colossus, Harpy Matriach and the Troll in the south halls dont drop those.

Much appreciated. What about the +6 to +7 tomes?
    Danskerne
    A Danish Guild on Ghallanda. Send PM if interested.
    Leading PUG Raids Wednesdays from 1930 CET

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    Much appreciated. What about the +6 to +7 tomes?
    Ah. The +6 to +7 Tomes only drop in the End Chests. I had forgotten about that in my earlier statement, sorry - I'll amend the above.

(Additionally, +6 to +7 Upgrade Tomes can only be found in the End Chests for either Part 1 or Part 2).

This would explain why I havent seen any named other than mushroom caps in 300 shards worth of heroic end chest rerolls (80 lists) .... this is what fun looks like HAHAHAHAHAH SO MUCH FUN!
    Lich - Lichclaw - Lichdust - Lichfate - Lichgaze - Lichrot - Lichsoul - Lichvault
    Ghallanda ReRolled
    DDOCast Contributor http://www.ddocast.com/
    http://www.twitch.tv/g_lich

Hero
    ([ ]'.')>-{===> <( ;..; <)

Quote Originally Posted by G_Lich View Post
    This would explain why I havent seen any named other than mushroom caps in 300 shards worth of heroic end chest rerolls (80 lists) .... this is what fun looks like HAHAHAHAHAH SO MUCH FUN!
    If it's any consolation then I've just done 96 of the chests that do drop named items and I didn't see any either.

I ransacked the pyramid chest (the one behind the two commanders) and re-rolled the maximum allowed number of times.
    I also ransacked Supreme Commander Hedrack and Senshock with max re-rolls (the ones who apparently have a much higher chance of named items).

This was all done in part 2 on heroic elite. I'm starting to think the named items are a myth. I guess that's why they're called mythic ;-)

Its bull ****. Why make heroic loot mythic? I will call a preemptive bull **** on any arguments for mythic heroic BTA !!! loot. Even if I get an item I want that is somewhat OP at level I will still have hated and regretted the grind.
    Last edited by G_Lich; 04-27-2015 at 06:15 PM.
    Lich - Lichclaw - Lichdust - Lichfate - Lichgaze - Lichrot - Lichsoul - Lichvault
    Ghallanda ReRolled
    DDOCast Contributor http://www.ddocast.com/
    http://www.twitch.tv/g_lich

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by G_Lich View Post
    Its bull ****. Why make heroic loot mythic? I will call a preemptive bull **** on any arguments for mythic heroic BTA !!! loot. Even if I get an item I want that is somewhat OP at level I will still have hated and regretted the grind.
    Come on man, we all know that guy. You know the one, the one that doesn't even have a clue that there's a drop to get, that gets it from his very first chest.

Thank you so much!
    Loot Design, S/S/S system, TR Cache Button, The exact trap DCs in EE HH, A guide for DDO-ML, Unknown Heroes: 3rd place, Welcome to Orien: /joinchannel Titan
    Quote Originally Posted by Certon View Post
    This is the most perfect suggestion in the history of suggestions, and it is full of upsides for both players and servers.

Community Member

Default Hm, not seeing it

Hm, not really seeing it, apart from a Wonder wand in more or less every chest I haven't seen ANY piece of the named loot or the upgradeable weapons yet in those random encounter chests. Sure, I don't run the quest 24/7 but I did do a fair amount (on heroic) of it that I should have seen at least a few.
    Last edited by Nascoe; 04-28-2015 at 01:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nascoe View Post
    Hm, not really seeing it, apart from a Wonder wand in more or less every chest I haven't seen ANY piece of the named loot or the upgradeable weapons yet in those random encounter chests. Sure, I don't run the quest 24/7 but I did do a fair amount (on heroic) of it that I should have seen at least a few.
    Well, since the Wand of Wonder basically IS a rare item... *ducking away*

If you feel better, though, I ran ToEE until my fingers have been bleeding and even rare chests got a ransack and I have not found ONE single piece of a rare item. but I surely found enough Wands of Wonder (if they would not have been exclusive) to fire a whole big bonfire with them. And thats perhaps the only use I have for them anyways.

Community Member

What about the rare mushrooms that don't even work yet(Red Cage and Octopus Stinkhorn), where do they drop? Still haven't seen any of those.

Community Member

I pulled a Octopus Mushroom in the water node, the soutwest branch up through the flume.

I ransacked a couple of easy to reach chests, like the pyramid, the Ogre chieftain, and the kitchen box no named, but I did pull numerous yellow and rust mushrooms.

4 wands of wonder in Part one, with just one run.

Two epic up-gradeable weapons, on in a rare box, one in end chest, exp necklace for completion.

Community Member

Thumbs up yeah, that one item does appear quite often

Quote Originally Posted by Nestroy View Post
    Well, since the Wand of Wonder basically IS a rare item... *ducking away*

If you feel better, though, I ran ToEE until my fingers have been bleeding and even rare chests got a ransack and I have not found ONE single piece of a rare item. but I surely found enough Wands of Wonder (if they would not have been exclusive) to fire a whole big bonfire with them. And thats perhaps the only use I have for them anyways.
    Actually what I had wanted to ask Steelstar there was whether its possible that something got a little skewed in the chances and where we have received those bonfire heaps of Wands of Wonder we should really have seen a rather more variable selection of the rare items.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast