Page 1 of 33 1234511 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Default Lag after data centre move

Hi,

My first half hour back in the game since the move has seen a lot of lag already. Hopefully it's not representative of what is to come.

I was in a group in Thunderholme, and we were having problems with lag in a six person party, in a full group, spread out and when we were all together. This ran all the way from some slight rubber-banding to full freezes over a minute long.

There were also some comments in channel about lag occurring in other areas, such as Eveningstar, and another player mentioned to me that a VoN run he did earlier had problems too.

I'm curious about what other people are seeing so far, and also whether performance may improve over the next few days or this is it; business as usual.

Thanks.

Community Member

What if...

the move was a downgrade /keanuface

I can confirm lag on Khyber, lots of it in a DOJ normal run, and in VoN 5 and 6 EN as well. also the chat server seems rather spotty. Already posted into the downtime notice too.

One thing was strange about the DOJ run, it looked like some people were able to actually move around most of the time, while others said they were pretty much lag locked during the whole Archon rescue. so whatever caused the lag effected people very differently.

Community Member Thunder-Monkey's Avatar

We just tested DoJ on Ghallanda with 9 people in the group.

It was still laggy but not as bad as it used to be. The lag was stop/start rather than hanging for ages and causing a fail. It was still not how it should be, and the improvement may have been due to not being a full 12-man group.

We will try again at the weekend with a full party.

TM

Lots of lag in the Harbor...Khyber
    Steve Howe was voted "Best Overall Guitarist" in Guitar Player magazine five years in a row (1977–1981) and in 1981 was the first rock guitar player inducted into the Guitar Player Hall of Fame.

just ran a LH TS and we had stuttering and freezing lag. up to that point I only had to deal with animations about 2 seconds behind actions. last time I had this much lag was day 1 of the anniversary event running the challenge in House P.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

Community Member

Hi,

Thanks for the replies so far.

Ran an EH Shroud just now, quite laggy and an unpleasant game experience.

Also heard more complaining in channel about people having lag problems in public areas and six person quests.

So far this doesn't seem like an improvement at all, more like a downgrade. Let's hope it doesn't last.

Take care.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by GramercyRiff View Post
    What if...

Someone somewhere jokingly said that turbine wasn't looking for an upgrade, but rather for a move to save them some money ... at this point i'm prepared to believe that.

*logs off khyber again in frustration* <- getting easier and easier to do by the way

My experiences so far today are the opposite of those posted here.

Generally speaking in the past I suffered from regular hitching (stuttering) from even walking in a crowded marketplace. I was notorious for issues in several specific zones.

Today I visited several zones I have extensive issues with over the years, I'm talking about you Sands of Menechtarun, and was pretty much lag free. I even commented that the Mobs seem to be behaving better.

I haven't run every quest since the datacenter move, but I have hope at the moment.

I spent 30 minutes running around the Harbor on Khyber and you could count the number of hitches I had on one hand during that time. It was an extreme change for me.
    Last edited by GoldyGopher; 03-08-2016 at 09:47 PM.

The Twilight Avengers are always recruiting - http://twilightavengersofeberron.yuku.com/topic/655

Just posted this in the Downtime thread in response to Cordo's request for feedback, but I will share it here as well:

Public areas on Khyber seemed to be OK, and for the life of me the colors seem to be brighter than they were before. I had occasional blink lag, what I classify as a minor stutter that only affects 1 or 2 running steps.

I popped into the Anniversary Party & ran that with a hireling plus a summons and had nothing more than the occasional blink lag throughout. Until I got to the end fight, that is. The instance locked, with Malicia continuing her dialogue while I could only move a step or two at a time. Anything that I clicked or activated showed up about 15-20 seconds afterward. This persisted for about 5 minutes before I was able to move normally again. I was very happy that I hadn't done the dialogue with Jeets yet, it gave me a chance to wait for the lag to clear before I started the final fight sequence. Most other quests would have resulted in a wipe at that stage.
    "When asked if the developers hate the players, as they make so many challenging jumping puzzles, their response was that they have what they consider a “… normal amount of contempt for the players.” This is good. A dungeon master should always nurse a healthy contempt for his or her players."

Community Member

I am getting lag in every mission I am running. Did not seem so bad when servers first came up but is getting worse as the evening goes on. Have rebooted and reloaded ddo but not any better. Was hoping the new datacenter would improve some of the issues. Deconstructing items is still painfully slow requiring closing and opening the deconstruction window often when it decides to stop letting you put items in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonesuch2008 View Post
    Public areas on Khyber seemed to be OK, and for the life of me the colors seem to be brighter than they were before.
    I too notice how much brighter the game appeared. I wondered if I had changed a setting. I can't post the screen shots but even screenies from yesterday appear noticeably duller.

The Twilight Avengers are always recruiting - http://twilightavengersofeberron.yuku.com/topic/655

Sovereign Vorpal Halfling of Supreme Good scipiojedi's Avatar

I just want to point out that there could be more lag from all the players that rushed to logon at once after the move was complete.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Working for free makes it very difficult to spend money on swords.
    https://www.twitch.tv/romanragnorak/
    YouTube Channel
    -My main is Jobus on Khyber but I do play my alts regularly -

my experience is the same as it's been for the last 4 days: unable to install the game because it keeps losing connection, except now with the added twist of "Internal Error, please contact customer support" which i'd already done twice with no response in the last few days.
    When you stand out in the rain, you get wet.

The Long Shot - where I write about stuff: www.thelongshotist.com

Community Member

I've been seeing the same thing on Khyber since the worlds came back up (everything from stutter-lag to debilitating, completely frozen lag that lasts a minute or more). My friends & guildies are reporting the same. We've seen it in House K, and in a bunch of quests. Haven't done any raids, so can't answer for those.

Quote Originally Posted by blerkington View Post
    I'm curious about what other people are seeing so far, and also whether performance may improve over the next few days or this is it; business as usual.
    I, normally, experience very little (to no) lag in the game.

I jumped in to give the new servers a test... ran a solo Anniversary challenge... and then on my way back from my guild ship to run it a second time, House P lagged hard. I polled the zone and *everyone* in the zone was lagging badly. It took a good while (3-5 minutes) to float, stand-in-place, and stutter-step my way to the challenge entrance where, upon entering, the lag disappeared.

The lag was not client side. No packet loss. Average latency 40ms the whole time.

Looks like they have some significant optimizing to do.

Community Member

Hello everyone.

I have also been getting quite a bit of lag on Thelanis. Last night as well as this morning. I hope this does not become the "norm".

Seems worse than before to me.

Amrath DoJ prequests we almost had a wipe on Archon's Trial from lag.
    GH running Crucible there was lag.

I ran Amrath right after the servers came back up so I could possibly see the mass of people logging on having some contributing factor but I ran Crucible just now, 6 a.m. Houston, only 2 LFM's up and still laggy.

Methinks the new servers are TI-83's.
    There is no lag. Just because you had none before and can't play now doesn't mean the server move had anything to do with it.

Default Other side of coin

I just want to present the other side of the coin...

I was doing Cannith Challenges, level 9 range (not sure that matters) solo.

Doing ones on Kobold Island and the Dragon Hoard one(s).

On guild chat I complain about the lag (I was rubber-banding horribly).

Guildies are surprised with my experience. Claim to not have lag.

I Alt+Tab to Google Chrome.

ESPN Radio still going, and ESPN Gamecast of the Boston Bruins going...but its struggling to load updates and a commercial freezes.

Obviously one of two things had happened.
    1. My internet was going slowly because I live in rural Emmett, Idaho and I actually get my internet from a small radio satellite looking thing pointed at a tower...
    *OR*
    2. Turbine messed up the move so bad that it made my internet **** out too!

Dammit Turbine...

Y U BREAK MY INTERWEBS!?

My point is...maybe it could be the individuals internet in solo playing or small man situations?
    "Hireling" and "Hjealer"
    Member of THACO on Ghallanda

Community Member RistoffDervish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GramercyRiff View Post
    What if...

Not unreasonable to believe this - they downgraded the store to save money and called it an upgrade.

I also got some strange lag on Orien. Zapped a guy with my Force SLA and it looked like it missed. Cooldown was almost gone and I was getting ready to fire again, and the guy was insta-killed.

So maybe a 5-6 second lag from the time the spell hit to the time it did damage?

Ristoff is the leader of the Orien guild Arcane Alliance. Above is our airship "AA Krimson Kraken" with all the buffs and amenities.
    Send mail or a tell to Ristoff in-game and ask for an invitation. All players welcome!

Page 1 of 33 1234511 ... LastLast