Default Announcing 3rd Annual Halloween Party--Trivia, Costume Contest and Trick or Treating!

On behalf of the High Lords of Malkier, I am excited to announce our 3rd annual community Halloween Party, with 100 all new trivia questions for deadly prizes, a costume contest and DDO's first ever Trick or Treating!! The fun begins at 9pm EST on Halloween night and will go past midnight!!

What: Trivia, Costume Contest, Trick or Treating
    When: 9pm EST Halloween Night, October 31st
    Where: Sarlona Harbor (event begins at upper mailbox)
    Why: For fun and prizes!!
    How: Details below

SCHEDULE

9pm EST: Terrifying Trivia - Easy and newbie-friendly questions

10pm EST: DDO's first ever Trick or Treating!! (details at the time of event)

10:30pm EST: Killer Costume Contest (prizes awarded for best costumes)

11pm EST: Terrifying Trivia until we reach 100th question!

DETAILS

Trivia
    Trivia will feature 100 all new questions with a portion of easy and newbie friendly questions, pen and paper D&D questions, other D&D video game questions and a horde of DDO questions for beginners and veterans alike! Trivia will take place at the upper mailbox in the Harbor. Questions will be asked and answers will be accepted in general chat. Winners must claim their prizes in person immediately.

Costume Contest
    While we don't really have "costumes" in DDO, we will be awarding prizes for creativity. This year's costume contestants will line up along the boardwalk outside of the Harbor lighthouse. Costumes will be judged by the High Lords of Malkier. Check out last year's winners HERE!

Trick or Treating
    We are excited to bring you something all new this year. We are hosting DDO's first ever "Trick or Treat"! Want to know how to play? It's a surprise!! Be in the Harbor and we will provide you with the simple and fun instructions to participate. Bring your candy bag!!

If you missed last year's event, you can read about it here.

We hope to see you there and Happy Halloween Sarlona!

Much love,
    Gingerspyce and the High Lords of Malkier

PS. Big thanks to my guildies and everyone who donated prizes for the event. Special thanks to Firegoddess for donating a massive stash of goodies!
    Last edited by Nachomammashouse; 10-24-2016 at 04:24 AM.

Community Manager

Good luck on an awesome event!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Happy Halloween Sarlona!! Today is the big day, hope to see you there

It will be a lot of fun!
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    BoloGrubb / DJGrubb / Gijo
    Proud member of the HighLords of Malkier

Talking Happy Halloween !

yes, Happy Halloween !!

really looking forward to the fun events with everyone
    ~ Littlemama Whooopass ~
    MysticMountain DragonRiders
    My Twitch.tv
    Sarlona

Excellent party for all of us on Sarlona, High Lords!

Quote Originally Posted by Rig_O_Mortis View Post
    Excellent party for all of us on Sarlona, High Lords!
    ty Rig, glad you had fun

Default Oh what a night!

This year was an amazing party and we took it to 2am

We had a great showing and the games were a blast!!

Here's the 9pm trivia turnout...

At 10pm we did DDO's first ever "Trick or Treating" where a dozen High Lords were hidden around the harbor and for 30 minutes the community searched for us. Anyone that opened a trade window with a High Lord during that time got a prize. It was tons of fun! I made a video discussing how the event worked in the next post.

Then at 10:30 we had the costume contest. Contestants lined up along the boardwalk outside the lighthouse. All costume contestants were given a Night Revels key for participating.

And the winners were...

5th place was Enle the creepy witch!
    Enle won a box of Enchanted Chocolates by Fabiano & Zelda!

4th place was Halcee the mercenary!
    Halcee won 2 Ethereal Rest Shrines!

2nd Runner up was Cormaco!
    Cormaco won 3 Ethereal Rest Shrines!

1st Runner up was Docblinky the "Man-Cellimas"
    Docblinky won a special cosmetic helm!

And the winner was Zeldie "The Tiefling"
    Zeldie won a snow panther cub certificate!

Awesome work on the costumes e1

At 11pm we kept the party going with more trivia until we hit the 100th question. The only question to stump the group this year was...

Q: What name is carved into the Aqueduct Memorial Pillar explorer in the Vale of Twilight? Highlight here for the answer-> A: Thadeus 14

Winnings were capped at 5 wins per person. 5x winners won a bonus Night Revels key.

The big 5x winners were: Halcee, Fritaine, Docblinky, Shallindria, Bellamuerte, Krulix, Darcknife, Rodryq, Firewalkwme, Mizo and Enle!

Honorable mentions go to Unsinful, Rapidefire, Kwazyfirocl and Abracadaver for 4 wins and Sarman, Dexian and Khopeisha for 3 wins.

Great job e1!

Thank you so much for coming everyone, I had a great time and thank you again to all who donated prizes for the event!

My next big event will be Christmas through New Years daily hide & seek and trivia.

Much love,
    Gingerspyce and the High Lords of Malkier
    Last edited by Nachomammashouse; 11-01-2016 at 04:53 AM.

Default Trick or Treating video

I took some video during the "Trick or Treat" portion of the event to discuss how the event worked in case others want to try to organize a similar event here or on other servers...

Community Manager

Happy to see a good turnout and thanks for the helpful video.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Default thank you gingerspyce and the high lords

i had a awesome time. it was a blast and i really enjoyed it. i have been around for a long time and always made a point of going to the live events. you guys did a great job and gave out great prizes. docblinky is one of my toons .

Default i just want to add something

this is the first mmo i played. i was on 7 or 10 day trial and ran stormcleave. that was it for me, i bought the game 5 days into it after going up against the giants. i'm an old ADND 2.0 player, i started pencil and paper back in '79 with blue set keep on the borderlands. we also did a lot of random from rolling on the dm tables in the dm guide. through the years my friends and i played a lot of the modules, A123 , G123, D1-2 D3 Q1 plus many more. we all grew older and apart and that was the end of table top for me. when the silver anniversary "keep on the borderlands" was released i was working for a bindery in the old TSR building in lake geneva WI. and was able to get a copy that was not trimmed so its a bit over sized. later that year i was in downtown lake geneva at the dungeon (the hobby store where gary and ernie held campaigns in the basement) and the clerk told me gary was downstairs and would i like to meet him (wow was that a dumb question). we went outside and had a smoke and talked about all sorts of gaming. we talked about baldur's gate and how he would hear it from the wife for playing it in the middle of the night. so you could say im a huge and long time fan of D&D. in the beginning the best part of the game was pugging, i did not have to wait on friends who never showed for a table top mission. then i joined a cool guild on adar called "Coalition of Might". i went to the first town hall meeting and still have screenshots of that one. played on the test server risia. i have screens of old school dragon runs (man remember the first time running von6? ) it was pure awesome sauce. i was around for the first titan raid, demon queen etc. i was not around for the tent explosion and that's a real downer because i was here for everything else. i sometimes make snarky comments but that is because i truly love playing this game. live events make it for me as a player and really make me want to play the game even more. so thanks high lords you guys and gals are great, i love running with you and the training raids really help the community. again thanks, i had a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Gleep_Wurp View Post
    i had a awesome time. it was a blast and i really enjoyed it. i have been around for a long time and always made a point of going to the live events. you guys did a great job and gave out great prizes. docblinky is one of my toons .
    Hey Doc, I'm glad you had a good time and we appreciate the feedback! Grats on doing so well at the trivia and the costume contest