Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    723

    Default Ablative Armor__BUG ????

    Ablative Armor__BUG ????

    From ddowiki…

    http://ddowiki.com/page/Ablative_Armor

    School: Abjuration
    Level: Art 1
    Wards an ally against physical damage and force damage.
    Once this infusion has prevented a total of 5 damage per caster level (max 50) it is discharged.


    Please try this yourself to make sure it is not something with my account.

    Make a level 7 character
    Put 3 levels into Artificer
    Put 3 level into Sorcerer
    Then 1 level into something else say Wizard.

    Cast Ablative Armor and you should see the icon for this show up it should have a 5min timer with 15 points of physical damage and force damage warded.

    Then go to the Air Savant enhancement tree.

    Add 1 point to get Air Savant.

    Again cast Ablative Armor.

    FOR some reason the icon for this NOW shows up and has a 5min timer with 10 points of physical damage and force damage warded.

    Add more points to the Air Savant enhancement tree and get Air Affinity.

    Again cast Ablative Armor and the icon for this NOW shows up and has a 5min timer with 5 points of physical damage and force damage warded.


    SO the question is… IS Ablative Armor bugged OR is this spell coded as Acid and Earth spells?

    If the spell is coded as Acid and Earth spells is not listed on the ddowiki : (

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    723

    Default Ablative Armor an Earth Spell?

    Anyone able to test this as a Bug or is Ablative Armor an Earth Spell?

  3. #3
    Chaotic Evil Mindos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,904

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vyrzain View Post
    Anyone able to test this as a Bug or is Ablative Armor an Earth Spell?
    I'm coming down on the side of Earth spell.
    https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Elemen..._Class)#Tier_3

  4. #4
    Community Member Therrias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vyrzain View Post
    Ablative Armor__BUG ????
    It's a reskin of the stoneskin spell, so yeah, not suprised it is counting as an earth spell.

    Did you bug report it?

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    723

    Default Ablative Armor is an Earth Spell and Working as Intended?????

    /bumping this

    Maybe a Dev can reply that Ablative Armor is an Earth Spell and Working as Intended?

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    723

    Default Bug report sent

    I sent in the bug report….. 26575

    Ablative Armor is counting as an Earth Spell

    Should this be?

    The spell “Wards an ally against physical damage and force damage”
    Why is an Element affecting it?

  7. #7
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    723

    Unhappy Still same issue as of 5-8-18 : (

    Going to close this follow-up out on my end.

    I can only assume that nothing is going to be done to address this and that SSG is stretched too thin, so to speak, to have the time to comment if this WAI or a Bug.

    As of 5-8-18 the above is still true in-game.

  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,618

    Default

    Take a Arti/Earth Sorc, so it gets improved by the Earth Savant tree. Point that out as a bug.

    As the bug is beneficial to players, it will be put on the top of the list to be fixed.

  9. #9
    Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    19,499

    Default

    It's been a year and a half since OP. The evidence clearly suggests Ablative Armor is coded as an Earth spell; i.e., Air Savant CL penalties to Earth spells affect it. [I would guess Earth Savant CL bonuses also affect it, but have not tested myself.] Since functionally Ablative Armor is pretty similar to Stoneskin, not surprising it's affected by the same CL bonuses/penalties as Stoneskin. Whether or not it's WAI, I would expect it to be a pretty low priority for devs, because let's face it, how many Artificer / Air Savant builds are out there which are affected by it?
    Retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

  10. #10
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    It's been a year and a half since OP. The evidence clearly suggests Ablative Armor is coded as an Earth spell; i.e., Air Savant CL penalties to Earth spells affect it. [I would guess Earth Savant CL bonuses also affect it, but have not tested myself.] Since functionally Ablative Armor is pretty similar to Stoneskin, not surprising it's affected by the same CL bonuses/penalties as Stoneskin. Whether or not it's WAI, I would expect it to be a pretty low priority for devs, because let's face it, how many Artificer / Air Savant builds are out there which are affected by it?

    /cry .. I was a Artificer / Air Savant build : (

    All builds should be treated equally…. Power to the people.. hehe : )

    I do agree this is low priority, but not because of the lack of Artificer / Air Savant builds but, because it was not that big of deal unless one wanted to min/max.

    I do wish a Dev would say something if this is WAI though?
    And then if it is an Earth spell to post that in the Wiki as such to help with the planning of Builds before said build is made.

  11. #11
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vyrzain View Post
    And then if it is an Earth spell to post that in the Wiki as such to help with the planning of Builds before said build is made.
    Good news! Yesterday I've updated the wiki to mention that Ablative Armor is an Earth spell. Also added a link to this thread.

  12. #12
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    723

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    Good news! Yesterday I've updated the wiki to mention that Ablative Armor is an Earth spell. Also added a link to this thread.

    Thanks : )

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload