Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else?

Default Anyone else?

Has anyone else crafted a weapon and about 2 weeks later have it turn into a regular plain weapon? Sent a bug report and a ticket and haven't heard anything so it looks like I'm out on the ingredients and festival solar.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenir View Post
    Has anyone else crafted a weapon and about 2 weeks later have it turn into a regular plain weapon? Sent a bug report and a ticket and haven't heard anything so it looks like I'm out on the ingredients and festival solar.
    I thought the festival solar was not suppose to work on crafted weapons?

Wow, I thought it was just named items, but you're right, Wiki says non-named, non-crafted items, #$@!*

Community Member

These are about a week old. Cannot speak to the disappearing solar, but I do believe the old cannith crafting did not work with festival crafting, only loot gen. The new cannith crafting is apparently 'the same as' loot gen so is accepted. WAI? I don't know.

I wish I had just lost the solar, but everything was gone off the weapon. I have a couple of crafted items like belts and gloves and they are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyed-Pyper View Post

These are about a week old. Cannot speak to the disappearing solar, but I do believe the old cannith crafting did not work with festival crafting, only loot gen. The new cannith crafting is apparently 'the same as' loot gen so is accepted. WAI? I don't know.
    Hmm interesting, I guess I should do some of those kind of weapons. I have some masterful craftsmanship weapons (no augment slots though) lvl 6 (from the Wheelon chain end rewards) which would be even better with festival solar.

But yeah maybe better with a ghost bane item for low level. Thanks for the tip I will try crafting something like that crossbow.
    G-land
    Main characters, Tymout, Tymkul, Tymbom, Tymantha etc...

Community Manager

I've been keeping an eye out for reports about this since you raised it earlier, OP, but so far haven't seen any other examples of it happening. Wish I knew what happened with your bow, though.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    I've been keeping an eye out for reports about this since you raised it earlier, OP, but so far haven't seen any other examples of it happening. Wish I knew what happened with your bow, though.
    So does the frost apply to crafted items too now since that's considered festival? And how will the Eveningstar work - I assume it no longer increase ML?

Community Member

I had this happen to me the first day after new crafting. Made a falchion with 3 effects. Used it a while passed to another character and the extra effect was gone. Came back later and all effects were gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantor View Post
    I had this happen to me the first day after new crafting. Made a falchion with 3 effects. Used it a while passed to another character and the extra effect was gone. Came back later and all effects were gone.
    This happened to me also, logged in and the bow was min lvl 7 with nothing on it, a few hours later and it was no min lvl.

Community Member

This happened to me also, logged in and the bow was min lvl 7 with nothing on it, a few hours later and it was no min lvl.
    I recrafted on same blank and it's fine still. Only happened to me that one time. Crafted lots since.

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council
    2017-2021 PC Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pyed-Pyper View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    So does the frost apply to crafted items too now since that's considered festival? And how will the Eveningstar work - I assume it no longer increase ML?
    I'm more curious about if the festival add-on persists through disjunction...
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Community Member

To me this sounds like a "not saved", "overwritten", or "backdate/update" back-end error rather than something in-game that a player would see or do, but that is pure speculation.

Regarding my experience, those weapons have been moved between characters via shared bank so I consider them to be 'safe'. I will monitor them in light of this thread and report any variances.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LrdSlvrhnd View Post
    I'm more curious about if the festival add-on persists through disjunction...
    I'm not sure how anyone would have had a chance to test IBK crafting with the new cannith system. I believe with old cannith crafting, IBK was removed with disjunction. I currently have a few weapons that would be candidates for IBKs + new cannith crafting but am in no hurry to disjunct any of them.

People were supposed to keep this secret... But anyway. I would never craft a level one silver weapon. That's just silly. That's like making a level one dragon bane weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantor View Post
    I recrafted on same blank and it's fine still. Only happened to me that one time. Crafted lots since.
    This one had a red slot and thats gone too. Might try to craft another one, not sure.

I deconstructed yesterday a cold iron sword and it lost its properties and became a +0 short sword...

Just an FYI there was a thread on Lammania about this issue titled Disappearing Crafted Weapons. I'd link it but I don't know how to do that...
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast