Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Manager

Default Standing Stone Games seeks Content Designer for DDO

Click here for the job ad on LinkedIn.

We wanted to let the community know about this just in case the perfect person is already playing our game. If you've got the skill set and desire to make some of DDO's greatest dungeons ever, we'd like to hear from you. Just a reminder that this is a skilled position with technical requirements, and we're not looking for someone to train from the ground up. But we know our community has many skills, and if you've been waiting for an opportunity like this to appear, now's your chance!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Gonna bump this to make sure more people have the chance to see it.

Community Member KomradKillMachine's Avatar

Gonna bump this to make sure more people have the chance to see that FranOhmsford bumped this to make sure more people have the chance to see it.

Community Member

Default If only...

If only there were a moderator with the ability to position this thread in such a way that made your childish attempts at bumping unnecessary...

Common theme I see in that Job Ad...."Strongs Only!!!"

All Kidding aside. It's cool you guys are advertising this in front of your player base. Where better to find "Strongs Only".
    Leader of Legion of Eberron on Cannith.

Characters: Loromir & Baldomir....among others.

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default :d

Quote Originally Posted by Loromir View Post
    Common theme I see in that Job Ad...."Strongs Only!!!"

All Kidding aside. It's cool you guys are advertising this in front of your player base. Where better to find "Strongs Only".
    This would be a great opportunity for the right person!

No settling. Keep looking for the right person until you get the ideal candidate and make sure to check references.

The game should be fun for ALL players. Keep in mind we have children, elderly, developmentally disabled and many more flavors of people like jaded vets that play this game. All players should be able to find fun and challenge in any new content.

I would prefer a content designer that builds in an educational aspect. Items that develop critical thinking skills, life skills, etc. It would be great if folks today could learn how to do % of a number. Not all puzzles have to be visual. Stretch the muscle between the ears. A game can be fun and educational at the same time. Besides people solve for X everyday and don't even know it

“The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.”

? Aristotle

There is no "I" in team and hiring well mitigates allot of potential problems. I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir.

This is a great opportunity, not only for a prospective employee, but for SSG as well.

Woot!

whoever gets this gig, PLEASE design quests with a sense of ecology. Siegebreaker, with its tents, guards, public bathroom, sleeping mobs, supply casks and so many great similar features, is just awesomely designed for immersion.

Mobs standing around in large groups for no reason and doing nothing seems like the designer went from diapers to game design, skipping RL in between.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level.
    Decreased playtime since update 55 (Summer 2022) as I will not play the level cap increase

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

I hope whoever they find can go beyond being a content designer and help push towards player crafted content.

Self-Appointed Coin Lord of the Seas ForgettableNPC's Avatar

I'd love to apply for this if only I had enough proven experience with coding (That, and well, I live on the other side of the country, longitude-wise)

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    whoever gets this gig, PLEASE design quests with a sense of ecology. Siegebreaker, with its tents, guards, public bathroom, sleeping mobs, supply casks and so many great similar features, is just awesomely designed for immersion.

Mobs standing around in large groups for no reason and doing nothing seems like the designer went from diapers to game design, skipping RL in between.
    However this I will agree with. That's the complaints I've had about the more recent quests, they just upped the "difficulty" compared to the previous ones by massing groups of mobs in once place, giving them absurdly higher health than other monsters of their quest level, and doing that over and over again.

It's a trend that's been happening since Temple of Elemental Evil...but at least the Temple was nice for exploring, in fact, it rewarded you for it with buff altars and bonus objectives.

But on topic of Siegebreaker, I do hope whoever does get picked manage to give us some closure on that storyline.
    Plus we could use more Ogres riding Rust Monsters.
    Just a random, forgettable NPC doing things an NPC does
    Things that NPCs do include, but are not limited to:

Having a gold goblet over my head to indicate availability of a quest
    Having a catchphrase that never really catches on
    Having various rewards that are generally not worth the trouble
    Wandering around randomly
    Giving out obvious information if it wasn't obvious enough
    Repeating the same lines over and over again

2016, 2018 Player Council Member Ziindarax's Avatar

I have to agree with this. The lazy quest design has GOT to stop.

Quests should have fewer, but higher quality, mobs instead of just more of them, and then have only the Champions be higher quality (the secondary damage imbuing champions spamming multi-hit spells are quite unpleasant).
    Ziind Stargazer - Level 12 fighter/6 Barbarian/2 rogue Half-Orc (Neutral Good) - Formerly a level 20 Paladin Human - Orien

Fernian Summer Carnival

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    Gonna bump this to make sure more people have the chance to see it.
    Bump

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    ...just in case the perfect person is already playing our game...
    Suppose that depends who you ask...

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post
    I hope whoever they find can go beyond being a content designer and help push towards player crafted content.
    Player generated content would the biggest disaster ddo ever saw waste of time to develop needed tools and even more time vetting said content

Beware the Sleepeater

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    Player generated content would the biggest disaster ddo ever saw waste of time to develop needed tools and even more time vetting said content
    Agreed. The closest they should ever come that is gathering design ideas and doing their own implementation. Now if SSG would only move to Chicago, we could talk about the job.

When will we get ropes and climbing skill?
    1776 Growing Liberty for Centuries 2022

Self-Appointed Coin Lord of the Seas ForgettableNPC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    Isn't that what happened in Neverwinter Nights?
    Just a random, forgettable NPC doing things an NPC does
    Things that NPCs do include, but are not limited to:

Having a gold goblet over my head to indicate availability of a quest
    Having a catchphrase that never really catches on
    Having various rewards that are generally not worth the trouble
    Wandering around randomly
    Giving out obvious information if it wasn't obvious enough

Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post
    If they hire somebody off the forum - I'd think anything they make would be player created content.
    But beyond that, player created content should never happen in this game. Ever.

As for myself, after looking over the qualifications - I thought I might have a shot. Asked my wife if she'd want to move from Seattle to Boston, and she said no. So... good luck to the applicants!
    Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    If they hire somebody off the forum - I'd think anything they make would be player created content.
    But beyond that, player created content should never happen in this game. Ever.

As for myself, after looking over the qualifications - I thought I might have a shot. Asked my wife if she'd want to move from Seattle to Boston, and she said no. So... good luck to the applicants!
    Take one for the team.
    1776 Growing Liberty for Centuries 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    Take one for the team.
    My Home Team is what matters most.

But, I did ask. Just in case.
    Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

Community Member

This. Ecology helps a lot with immersion. See also: Haunted Halls.

Good luck SSG with excellent applicants!
    Nistafa on Khyber

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Elfishski View Post
    This. Ecology helps a lot with immersion. See also: Haunted Halls.

Good luck SSG with excellent applicants!
    Best quest in the game, Haunted Halls, followed by Study in Sable IMO.

Best challenges in game, Crystal Cove and the Anniv Event that just ended. C'mon ya'll give Scrag hug!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast