Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Best Class for getting racial past lives?

so just for levels 1 to 20?

I have been doing 6/6/8, Rogue/Arti/ 8 of whatever is needed for my TRs. So I am inclined to keep doing that. Seems to work well for heroics, but is there a better way?

Would pure Warlock do better? I would not have trap skills. Are Warlock good at the lower levels? Been a long time since I played one at low level.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    BoloGrubb / DJGrubb / Gijo
    Proud member of the HighLords of Malkier

Quote Originally Posted by Bolo_Grubb View Post

I have been doing 6/6/8, Rogue/Arti/ 8 of whatever is needed for my TRs. So I am inclined to keep doing that. Seems to work well for heroics, but is there a better way?

Would pure Warlock do better? I would not have trap skills. Are Warlock good at the lower levels? Been a long time since I played one at low level.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
    Whatever you are going to have fun doing a total of up to 30 times.

I'm using a 6/6/8 split as well, but mine is rogue/fighter/whatever

I'd probably go with an archer ranger - they've got a nice amount of power through all levels and it's a class i just love playing.
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was, now what's it is weird and scary to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicis View Post
    Whatever you are going to have fun doing a total of up to 30 times.

I'm using a 6/6/8 split as well, but mine is rogue/fighter/whatever
    Always good to hear what others do or try as it may improve on what is fun for me.

I like rogue arti combo for the rune arms and conjure bolts. I prefer the rogue enhancement trees and use the harper tree as well. With ranged I can kill many thing before they get too close to me.
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    BoloGrubb / DJGrubb / Gijo
    Proud member of the HighLords of Malkier

Always good to hear what others do or try as it may improve on what is fun for me.

I like rogue arti combo for the rune arms and conjure bolts. I prefer the rogue enhancement trees and use the harper tree as well. With ranged I can kill many thing before they get too close to me.
    I am using the Kensai tree from fighter (Must say here though, I didn't design the build, a guildie who is an OP god did ;P)

Next life I may play around with 6/6 Rogue/Arti, just for a change

'Locks are strong at low levels, np there.

I've seen a Bard/Arti ranged mix that looks very strong, that's on my shortlist for "gotta try this".

But there are strong melee, strong ranged, and strong caster builds - all depends what you enjoy most...

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDuck81 View Post
    ...and it's a class i just love playing.
    This, above all. Don't make it a grind.

(If you're in a hurry, don't forget to squeeze in a level of Barb (if there's room in the build) for that +10% run speed.)

GL!

Depends on race I'd say.

Pure classes that are easy:
    - Fighter
    - Warlock

Splits that are easy:
    - Barbarian/Bard
    - Rogue/Arti

Classes to stay away from:
    - Wizard
    - Monk

best method ... for non-iconics ...

Sovereign XP pot + Guild XP bonus + Voice of Master XP bonus + Otto box = Near end of level 18, you can then level quickly from 18-20 and reincarnate, You will be done your racial past lives in a jiffy.

All of the above helps keep the lights on at SSG.

Community Member

Default Class

None. They'll start selling racial AP tomes in the store as soon as they figure out 99% of the player base isn't jumping on their heart of blood store/token farm hamster wheel, just like they did with everything else. Just farm some of the monkey-designed overlapping stat new gear, until they figure it out.

Community Member

Thoughts? Suggestions?
    If you want to just blast through all the races on same build. Warlock would for sure be an easy button. For heroics any cleaving melee would be nearly as fast. I wouldn't recommend ranged, you get IPS too far in the progression and aoe is king for speed. I plan to try different builds and see what happens. I might do warlock or something early on a bad race, then try some races that may have good synergy with a build with some free AP toward the end. Maybe do helf late in the game and go AA. Maybe a thf orc. Halfling thrower. A TYWA dwarf bard with handaxe.

Probably gnome first (umd rules) and int is good for everyone skills/KTA (has nice synergy with mech but like I said ranged is gonna pay off too late in heroics), then dwarf for con, WF for con (can't think of any build I really want to run on a WF though)

1-20 character building is very different than character building in general, you are really building for 1-18. Do I wanna stay pure? Probably not, never gonna see a capstone. Not gonna plan a build on having an 18 core for <10% of it's playtime. So lots of rog splash and fighter/pally splash will be standard for melee/ranged builds, traps and defender stance, option to swap to evasion in specific content.

I think outside of some Attribute adjustments based on Race any build can be solid for the purposes of Racial Past Lives. And if you order your Races based on your primary builds attributes you may find even that is not a big deal, such as doing races with a penalty to Strength last if Strength is your primary.

I think it would be best to play something you like even if not the race you would enjoy

Im afraid to answer this.

Don't want my method getting nerfed :P

Quote Originally Posted by Cantor View Post
    1-20 character building is very different than character building in general, you are really building for 1-18. Do I wanna stay pure? Probably not, never gonna see a capstone. Not gonna plan a build on having an 18 core for <10% of it's playtime. So lots of rog splash and fighter/pally splash will be standard for melee/ranged builds, traps and defender stance, option to swap to evasion in specific content.
    This is one of the most cogent and directly relevant comments I've seen in a long time. +1 rep!

Thoughts? Suggestions?
    I'm personally eyeing my 14/4/2 warlock/fighter/barbarian build, just because having huge hitpoints and runspeed with warlock bursting sounds fun. With that said, it also will get grindy, so I plan to mix in some pure artificers, pure monks, pure druids, etc. to keep it fun.
    Dazling of Cannith

If you really want to do this FAST you want:
    1) Run speed--as many stacking sources as possible ASAP
    2) self-buffing
    3) trapping for xp bonus and also nothing is hidden enhancement if possible (race dependent ofc, so not always possible)
    I would recommend an INT based mechanic with 1 barb level (this gives stacking run speed and proficiency with martial weapons for THF in low levels) and 1 wiz. (with the wiz level you gain lowly buffs but also the 1AP invisi SLA for some speed runs).

edit: good for reaper too--see below post.0o
    Last edited by Saekee; 03-09-2017 at 03:29 PM.

Since anyone doing this is likely looking to Completionist and likely quad-triple completionist, this is a good time to pick up Reaper XP at the same time.

heroic reaper is much easier than epic reaper, so while it may take longer to cap by doing the at level reapers, i.e. Level 2 quest on Reaper while at level 2 (instead of normal elite streak of being level 4) while doing that, you can kill 2 birds with one stone by maxing out your reaper gains while working through the 3x racial completionist.

I plan on doing many of these lives back to back so I will break it up between builds. Either doing

WL (2 level rogue) for traps
    Bard/Fighter/Rogue 12/6/2

I may play a few other weird builds, but they will all have trap skill for the xp since I solo most of the time.
    Last edited by Vint; 03-09-2017 at 04:48 PM.
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

LEGION

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vint View Post
    I plan on doing many of these lives back to back so I will break it up between builds. Either doing

WL (2 level rogue) for traps
    Bard/Fighter/Rogue 12/26/2

I may play a few other weird builds, but they will all have trap skill for the xp since I solo most of the time.
    What's your secret? I can only manage to fit 27 levels in during heroics, and somehow you manage over 37! How?!? Share your methods with us :P
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Quote Originally Posted by spartankiller13 View Post
    what's your secret? I can only manage to fit 27 levels in during heroics, and somehow you manage over 37! How?!? Share your methods with us
    bah!!!!!!!!
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

LEGION

Thoughts? Suggestions?
    I'd probably say what ever you have fun playing. There's the standard arguments for saying level 1 Arti for the repeating xbow/trap skills/dog, and 1 barbarian level for the movement boost or maybe 2 rogue levels for evasion. What ever you choose should blow through heroics anyway really unless you are doing something odd like using con/strength as a dump stat on a pure barb.

I'd probably do a monk/druid build or a PM/trapper or ranger/trapper but each to their own.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast