Default color spray spell level

so what level spell is color spray? I know it's only an SLA and Int based but is it worth having heighten on for it? or does heighten not affect it? Anyone know?

The reason I ask is not because heighten is free on it anyways, but because I may not need heighten for my build if color spray does not benefit from it or benefit significantly.

My gut feeling is that it is coded as a level 2 or 3 spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Tlorrd View Post
    so what level spell is color spray? I know it's only an SLA and Int based but is it worth having heighten on for it? or does heighten not affect it? Anyone know?

The reason I ask is not because heighten is free on it anyways, but because I may not need heighten for my build if color spray does not benefit from it or benefit significantly.

My gut feeling is that it is coded as a level 2 or 3 spell.
    Not sure what level the SLA is set at but Color Spray is an Illusion type spell so boost your Illusion DCs for a better chance to proc the spell. I haven't taken my gnome into epics yet but at around level 10 I am stunning or blinding everything that can be effected by it. As you want to increase the DC difficulty on the spell using Heighten makes sense, I'm pretty sure I have that on my character now or will be adding that if the spell starts losing effectiveness.
    Start cross server trading and profit!
    Characters: Grandern Marn / Yazmirr Grezztl / Vexir Bristleblade / Zappinaizah Subatrumpf Server: Orien Guild: Faca na Caveira
    New to the Orien server? Type "/joinchannel Titan" into the chat window and join some lively DDO discussion! Happy to help out with any questions.

Community Member

Color Spray is a level 1 illusion spell in PnP and very probably coded the same in DDO.
    I recall some tests of Color Spray DC posted on these forums, probably worth googling.

Aaah here's something: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...nome-sla-tests
    Last edited by cru121; 06-22-2017 at 03:07 AM.

Color Spray is a Level 1 spell.
    We don't only build for the builds that exist.
    We don't only build for the builds that are good right now.

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    I think you will find the correct spelling is Colour Spray.

Quote Originally Posted by HuneyMunster View Post
    No.

The "u" serves no purpose. Therefore, it is proper to drop it.
    Steve Howe was voted "Best Overall Guitarist" in Guitar Player magazine five years in a row (1977–1981) and in 1981 was the first rock guitar player inducted into the Guitar Player Hall of Fame.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    Thanks!

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Howe View Post
    No.

The "o" serves no purpos. Therfor it is proper to drop it; I think you wil find the corect speling is Colr Spray.

Seriously though, "color" is preferred in American English, whereas "colour" is preferred by every other type of English. Like "gray" vs "grey" and "cigarette" vs "******"
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanKiller13 View Post
    Seriously though, "color" is preferred in American English, whereas "colour" is preferred by every other type of English. Like "gray" vs "grey" and "cigarette" vs "******"
    Yes, and this game is made in 'Murica.

You and I can use our proper English and let those Yankee doodle dandies do their thing.
    Selvera: Aasimar Fighter 20/Epic 10; Old and wise fighter.
    Jen: Half Elf Fvs 4; Healer Archer on a TR with friends
    Mayve: Drow Bard 14/Wizard 6/Epic 7; Vampire Enchantress

The "o" serves no purpos. Therfor it is proper to drop it; I think you wil find the corect speling is Colr Spray.
    If the "O" serves no purpose, you should have written

The "o" serves n purps. Therfr it is prper to drp it; I think yu wil find the crect speling is Clr Spray.
    ~Founder of Cormyrian Sovereigns~

Alessi[Smiter] ~ Arktanis[Tank]~Kajsalisa[Druid]~Kanaela[Completionist]~Kiaransalli[Stealth]~Kjorvik[Melee]~ Raikki[Enchanter]~Talassriel[Archer]~Ytthrimuir[Warpriest]

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Howe View Post
    No.

It depends on where you're from. In European English, it's never proper to drop a silent "u". In American English ("engrish" to some), it's always proper to do so.

Now can we stop arguing about it?

--ArekDorun

Default Grenitch the meany

But what time zone is the 'o' in?

Community Member

To paraphrase Chandler:

Quote Originally Posted by Chandler
    Why, yes, I can in fact put an extra u in any words I desire. The language is English. I am English. Therefore mine is the opinion which matters, colonial heathen.

You guys wanna argue about colour/color when there's aluminium and the "aluminum" to argue about? Come on!

We should all just pick the ones that are most right, merge them and move on.

E.g. color: the u is not important, not at all. So may as well drop it, and us brits should just get over ourselves and make the change. Similarly Armour/Armor. It makes no odds at all.

With aluminium, the US needs to go back to 'ium'. Seriously. A: calling it aluminum makes it sound like you can't pronounce the word, like someone saying ambulumce instead of ambulance. And B: the US only went to -um after first a bit of a spelling error and then quite simply kept it just to be different (seriously, they had a conference and actively decided). Like a nation of hipsters, different for the sake of it. Tsk.

Now that's as childish as the decision to drive on the right just because the brits drive on the left (which is why you drive on the right - its all napolean's fault the little wossname). But it is obvious that left works best... because then the majority of folk can draw their swords in case of bandits. And that should matter for reasons I cannot explain but feel to be true...

We brits do like to lecture on the subject I know, but here's a couple of things we english types do seem to keep forgetting:

Fall vs Autumn: Fall is the older version. The Yanks are more correct than we are on this. So shut up about it, 'fall' is a great name for the season, its descriptive, evocative... lay off fall, you limey sonsab*tches!

z instead of s (e.g. organise): the z is how the english used to spell it. Until really very recently. We switched to S for reasons I am not entirely sure about but i have a strong suspicion that its for similar reasons to the yanks going down the aluminum route. So that's silly, and we should just go back to z.

I could go on. I won't - but it really IS stupid that since the age of print arrived we've allowed two standards to emerge. Bunch of idiots, the lot of us.

oh - I should also point that the vast majority of what I just wrote is urban myth. Which parts? Pff. You've got access to google, go figure it out
    Last edited by dunklezhan; 06-23-2017 at 02:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge
    Quote Originally Posted by Amundir View Post
    My words are great. Even out of context.

And while we're at it with the language thing....

I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was, now what's it is weird and scary to me.

The "o" serves no purpos.
    Most "o"s are fake anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by dunklezhan View Post
    You guys wanna argue about colour/color when there's aluminium and the "aluminum" to argue about? Come on!
    Lemme put that one on my schedule. I might have to take my vitamins to have the stamina for it though.

I am glad I stopped by, I found this thread humorous, or is it humourous?
    Thelanis, by way of Xoriat. Forged in the Blood of Butterflies.

Proud participant of the Xoriat Hate Thread.

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Selvera View Post

You and I can use our proper English and let those Yankee doodle dandies do their thing.
    I'm from 'Murica #Freedom #BaldEagles #FlagWaving
    We're not all idiots .

Quote Originally Posted by Arktanis View Post
    If the "O" serves no purpose, you should have written
    Just the 2nd "o" in Colr (color). I was referencing the old re:re:re:fw:fw: joke about deconstructing the language by like removing the letter "c" etc (hard c = k, soft c = s) that goes on for like 12 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Duana View Post
    Most "o"s are fake anyway.

I am glad I stopped by, I found this thread humorous, or is it humourous?
    Stop by 'Murica, our O's are full of Freedom and Bald Eagles (see above).

Humerus please. This is DDO for crying out loud, there's literally an entire race showing these things off as you hit them with a maul.
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

The Colour (Spray) Out of Space?

Quote Originally Posted by Selvera View Post
    But it is set in Eberron and the Forgotten Realms.

I prefer to think that Dwarves (Half-Elves spell that 'Dwarfs') and Warforged spell it 'color,' while Elves (Halflings spell that 'Elfs')and Gnomes spell it 'colour.' It makes for more interesting dinner parties.
    Last edited by Niminae; 06-24-2017 at 10:19 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dunklezhan View Post
    like someone saying ambulumce instead of ambulance
    That's ridiculous. It's amber lamps.
    A little snark, no vitriol.
    (with credit to HungarianRhapsody)

Graceana (currently a caster bard)
    My alts are put out to pasture
    The Casual Obsession
    Khyber

Community Member

Default Roos loose in the attic

talk about off colo(u)r remarks! can we get back on topic here? The level one alumin(i)um can of spray...yeah. What we tagging with that?