Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Slavers is the most boring irritating quest ever made

Baby's first quest DM. Long corridors stupid traps all the same places! Boring encounters. Tiny chests are insulting hard to click and there are too many (every time i opened i felt a dev laughing in my face "heres your skinner box ratboy"). Prefer 1 giant chest at the end srsly so annoying.

it's such a bad quest it really makes you appreciate the older quests in the game before the downfall.

oh and thousands of bear traps yippee that never gets old eh? slavers grind is 50% of why I quit playing reaper trees are the other 50%. Why do I still post well, I foolishly hope the game gets turned around. **** im stupid.
    Last edited by capsela; 09-12-2017 at 10:58 AM.

The most boring quest is a tossup between Devil Assault and Madstone IMO. I suppose DA is technically more boring, but I've had to struggle to stay awake during Madstone too many times in the past.

Slavers are decent quests with a few glaring flaws and a couple good points that really shouldn't have been 20-time completion quests. They have variety and interesting points, if you find them boring then it's more likely because of fatigue then monotonous design. However, the quests do lack some lairs of polish that some of the older quests have.

Seriously spend as much time in Devil Assault as you spent in slavelords and tell me that it's not more boring then slavelords.
    Selvera: Aasimar Fighter 20/Epic 10; Old and wise fighter.
    Jen: Half Elf Fvs 4; Healer Archer on a TR with friends
    Mayve: Drow Bard 14/Wizard 6/Epic 7; Vampire Enchantress

Sovereign Vorpal Halfling of Supreme Good scipiojedi's Avatar

Having just grinded my first ToEE weapon over the weekend I can tell you that Slavers is not the most boring quest ever...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Working for free makes it very difficult to spend money on swords.
    https://www.twitch.tv/romanragnorak/
    YouTube Channel
    -My main is Jobus on Khyber but I do play my alts regularly -

Gladewatch Outpost Defense.

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by capsela View Post
    oh and thousands of bear traps yippee that never gets old eh? slavers grind is 50% of why I quit playing reaper trees are the other 50%. Why do I still post well, I foolishly hope the game gets turned around. **** im stupid.
    I somehow managed 8 PL's on my main without running Slaver's. You, too, can benefit by avoiding things you dislike. Run the quests you like, and pretend Slavers doesn't exist.

Side note, I ran it 5x on my warlock at 20 and built a 6-piece melee gearset which is pretty rad.

Quote Originally Posted by Selvera View Post
    The most boring quest is a tossup between Devil Assault and Madstone IMO. I suppose DA is technically more boring, but I've had to struggle to stay awake during Madstone too many times in the past.

Slavers are decent quests with a few glaring flaws and a couple good points that really shouldn't have been 20-time completion quests. They have variety and interesting points, if you find them boring then it's more likely because of fatigue then monotonous design. However, the quests do lack some lairs of polish that some of the older quests have.
    I kinda like DA, it's super chill. I just wish there was a "next wave" bell or something. Madstone just gets long...

Quote Originally Posted by florestan View Post
    Gladewatch Outpost Defense.
    I'm with you here, the last few spawns drag for minutes x.x

-----

Personally, In the Demon's Den is the most irritating quest I've ever done. I managed to solo it once, and decided to never do it again. It might be easy in a party, but solo it's a ridiculous pull/kite fest that takes an age.
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Community Member

I've noticed that more 'difficult' quests are often labeled 'boring'. While I agree that maybe they aren't the most interesting quests in the game, at least they can't be zerged in 3 minutes and you actually have incentive/reward to venture off the main path to find all the crafting materials chests. Plus the 2nd quest is TONS of xp. The named items are all pretty solid. I can understand people from pen and paper being disappointed with the implementation of a module they were hyped up about, but to just say it's the most boring quest ever, I disagree with. The grind is a bit high for my taste.

I can see the chain as irritating though.

As others have said, don't run quests you don't like. There will be better loot eventually. LGS and Cannith Crafted gear are a decent substitute for slavers.
    Last edited by Fivetigers33; 09-12-2017 at 11:39 AM.

Slavers part 1 and 3, I really enjoy. Part 2 can get a bit tedious. I wish they had broken that up into two quests or something.
    Asheras - Velania - Renvar - Ventarya - Officer of Lava Divers - Khyber

Slavers Part 2 (I believe) is also known as:

Door Simulator 2016: Extended Version.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

Baby's first quest DM. Long corridors stupid traps all the same places! Boring encounters. Tiny chests are insulting hard to click and there are too many (every time i opened i felt a dev laughing in my face "heres your skinner box ratboy"). Prefer 1 giant chest at the end srsly so annoying.

it's such a bad quest it really makes you appreciate the older quests in the game before the downfall.

Yea I agree....Slavers of the Shrieking Mine is a boring quest!!!
    Leader of Legion of Eberron on Cannith.

Characters: Loromir & Baldomir....among others.

All the crafting ingredients being separated out into different chests is likely an attempt to curb multibox farming efficiency, which (I should add that it had a minimal effect on; mainly made it more tedious for other people).

I would add that the premise of having rewards for exploring additional areas is a false one, given that the chests could have been placed at the end with triggers (defeat named mob in side corridor to unlock) or unlocked with keys dropped from the named mobs in side corridors.

The fact of the matter is that besides the end fight in slavers pt 3 - the chain is not creative in terms of mob type, placement, traps, puzzles, story, or boss battles. Additionally while a lot of people like the loot, I feel the loot was poorly implemented as everything was so clearly BiS that it invalidated a large swath of items/content. Additionally the items added unnecessary power creep (+5 DC from set bonus was beyond stupid) invalidating even more content (e.g. pre slavers LE shroud was actually moderately fun because occasionally we'd wrack up a few deaths especially for newer people to the raid - post slavers LE shroud could be done in our sleep).
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    A new harder difficulty is likely to just be that: harder, without giving commensurate power...Ideally, at the very hardest edge of difficulty, we would not know how long it would take until all quests are completed on that difficulty.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    Slavers Part 2 (I believe) is also known as:

Door Simulator 2016: Extended Version.
    IKR? One part in particular is an area where the hallway has no spawns, no collectibles, but yet insists on having 3 doors in a row, for no reason... Just three doors one after the other. Why not get rid of 2 of them, maybe?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanKiller13 View Post
    Side note, I ran it 5x on my warlock at 20 and built a 6-piece melee gearset which is pretty rad.
    Interesting, why dont you explain to the class how you did that...
    Kehgeld of Sarlona

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fivetigers33 View Post
    LGS and Cannith Crafted gear are a decent substitute for slavers.
    No, they are not.
    Kehgeld of Sarlona

....slavers grind is 50% of why I quit playing reaper trees are the other 50%. Why do I still post well, I foolishly hope the game gets turned around. **** im stupid.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    The original Hobby Shop

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tat2Freak View Post
    Heroic.

On topic, they aren't bad but with the grind they get old fast.

Quote Originally Posted by SeveredSteel View Post
    IKR? One part in particular is an area where the hallway has no spawns, no collectibles, but yet insists on having 3 doors in a row, for no reason... Just three doors one after the other. Why not get rid of 2 of them, maybe?
    Doors are challenging.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

Sovereign Vorpal Halfling of Supreme Good scipiojedi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    Doors are challenging.
    Immersive.
    Working for free makes it very difficult to spend money on swords.
    https://www.twitch.tv/romanragnorak/
    YouTube Channel
    -My main is Jobus on Khyber but I do play my alts regularly -

Community Member

No, they are not.
    Yeah they are. On CC you're missing a small quality bonus and the set bonus, and the only set worth anything is the Sorcery. I'm sure there are plenty of players that exclusively use cannith crafted gear and they are doing fine. LGS has it's own set bonuses and is still fine for endgame gear. Is it the absolute best in the game? No, Slavers crafted gear is. Do you have to have slavers crafted gear to be successful? Nope.

LOL. No kiddin, right to the podium for the worst pack ever for sure. It's so freaking horrendous that I would rather be reading a self-proclaimed stupid on the forums complain about a game he no longer plays than step into this c*** ever again. I swear.
    Last edited by KingNite; 09-12-2017 at 02:39 PM.
    -I can dance on the head of a pin as well. Fleet of foot and all that. Heh, the tourists love that stuff.
    -You require my counsel, yes? -Be doubly careful. I'm sure all manner of stupid mousetraps await our toes in the dark. A trap most devious for the careless of foot.

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanKiller13 View Post
    I was running at about 15-20 mins for a quest (warlock in EA), so probably around an hour for all three, so 4-5 hours of running it lol. There are like 19 ingredient chests in the series, so if you get at least 15 of those averaging 20 (10-30 nominally) ingredients apiece, plus the 25 chain reward, you end with over 325 ingredients per run. Each item is only 80x2 + 50x3 = 310 ingredients for 4 slots + set bonus (I don't haven enough augments to bother making slots) +1 ingredient for a mythic bonus if you have Statuettes. I got lucky on one of my runs and someone joined me who just wanted gear, so I got his ingredients too. Obviously you don't always get all the right ingredients, but you should have plenty for a few items after a few runs.

I crafted like 3 pieces, and got an Executioner's Helm+Platemail+Symbol, and a Ring of Power. I put a set bonus on 6 of those (so I can swap one) and Cannith Crafted two pieces of gear to fill in the stuff I couldn't get (Deathblock etc), and boom: gearset.

I don't expect to run Slavers again for quite a while, as the one time I tried it solo at-level it was a hilariously awkward slogfest full of traps, but I might make myself a caster set and a tank set when I hit 20 again (maybe one per life or something). Or maybe just do the quest line one or two times per life, and bank the ingredients.

The good part for me was that it was my first time doing all but the first quest, so it wasn't an uber boring repetition of something I've done 50x already lol.

TL;DR: farm up and make a slavers gearset for TRing, it's amazing and pretty easy if you have AoE. I did it, and I'm not even a good warlock (or a well geared one).
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast