Community Member

Default New issue... Dimension Door

After 2 days of being unable to login, I was finally able to play today. Now every time I try to use D Door, the game freezes. Is this a DNS issue too?
    I'm Sleepy **** it!
    and Hecati
    ... Anslem retired
    ... Myrcuria retired
    ... Erokese retired
    ... Napo retired
    ... Akila

Community Member Charltonsexton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xenaphon View Post
    After 2 days of being unable to login, I was finally able to play today. Now every time I try to use D Door, the game freezes. Is this a DNS issue too?
    I'm having the same issue with the teleport spell. Happened every other cast, had to log each time.
    Orien

Add teleport scrolls to the list. I had 2 clients open one toon standing on my ship the other used a teleport scroll from eveningstar and crashed both clients.
    Eternal Champions of Argo

Community Member

Adding more information to the troubleshooting. Just teleported on my bard using a scroll to test this. I am not having any lock ups or crashes. I didn't, however, experience any of the connection issues others did. If there are any troubleshooting steps I can perform to try to help narrow this down let me know.

I ran White Plume Mountain (heroic) and all 3 D-door's after killing the 3 bosses caused me to crash and have to relog. Recalling from the quest caused another crash. Using the D12 I had no problems with porting to the market. Using a royal guard mask caused a crash. I think I am going to wait for these problems to be fixed before I try and play DDO. It's just too frustrating at the moment. I have faith SSG will be on top of this and it will be fixed in a timely manner.

Community Member

On the theory that it's the missing or bad pictures that would show when teleport, has anyone having the issues tried this (from this thread "https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/505310-Log-In-and-Patching-Issues-Friday-May-3rd/page3"):

"Just FYI: I was online when this went down yesterday, and shutting down the client and restarting, I experienced this same "hang after login" many of you seem to have also been hit by. I gave up on this last night, but a fresh perspective after work helped figure out the damage the SSG switchover had done:

For those of you who haven't yet tried dumping the client and re-installing, take a look at your client install folder.
    - From the root of that folder, enter the "raw" folder
    - Enter "en"
    - Enter "logo"

In my case, all but one of the so-called .jpg files were 2kB html files from a failed image update into the logo folder.

You may be able to delete these and have it re-create them on next restart of the client, but in my case, I actually had an old copy of this folder to copy in. I assume the "de" and "fr" would work similarly. If blanking it doesn't properly re-create valid .jpg image files here, and you have no backup, try copying in a valid .jpg of your choice as each of the respective files:
    ddo_generic_teleport_screen_1.jpg
    ddo_generic_teleport_screen_2.jpg
    ddo_generic_teleport_screen_3.jpg
    ddo_generic_teleport_screen_4.jpg
    ddo_generic_teleport_screen_5.jpg
    ddo_generic_teleport_screen_6.jpg
    ddo_generic_teleport_screen_7.jpg
    ddo_generic_teleport_screen_8.jpg
    ddo_generic_teleport_screen_9.jpg
    ddo_generic_teleport_screen_10.jpg
    ddo_module_splash.jpg

What kind of gave it away for me was that after the "Shadowfell" screen, it normally would load a screen from this logo directory, based on your language setting, and then dump you at the character login screen.

Hope that helps someone else!"

I'm on Sarlona, and my main logs in just fine and has no problems. My alternate account that I let kids or guests play won't get past the load screen (the Wheloon image).

Scratch that. Now my main can't login.

Not sure if it's related, but my adblockers in Firefox were rejected/expired today. Could this be something bigger than the game?
    Last edited by LazarusPossum; 05-04-2019 at 12:18 AM.
    "Why is stuff so hard?" - William Murderface

Community Member

Similiar Issue
    Playing on Thelanis.

Issue just started this week, think around 2.May. I never had this problem before.

If i log out, with my toon, and try logon again client freeze

If i try switch instance, move between harbor/guildship/Guild ship floors/teleport/market sq/ and so on.
    Game freezes and I need to restart the client.

This is a big problen

Update:
    Thank you "crimsonknights2"
    Deleted the files, as you described, and seems it fixed it.

regards
    Drakiz
    Last edited by Drakiz; 05-04-2019 at 02:45 AM.

Did this happend After installing the New Client?
    "It´s too late. Always has been - always will be. Too late"

Try editing the file: UserPreferences.ini remove (delete) the lines underneath [DownloadFileTimes] and possibly the lines under [User_1] and save the file with the correct extension that worked for me. It's likely some server mismatch with the links to the JPGs that's causing a loop. The Loading screen "Grind" is what you get when the Teleport image [JPG] files are either zero byte or missing. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusPossum View Post
    [...] Not sure if it's related, but my adblockers in Firefox were rejected/expired today. Could this be something bigger than the game? ...
    Your Firefox Addons are being Disabled Due to an expired intermediary certificate used to sign Mozilla addons it expired May 4th 2019: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1548973. That's nothing to do with DDO, its simply Mozilla stupidly forgot to renew the Certificate. Further reviews: https://www.ghacks.net/2019/05/04/yo...d-thats-a-bug/

Community Member

There are lots of other problems. Teleportation to certain places hangs the client, or even moving between certain places, like guild ship deck to another level on the ship. Even moving within quests hangs the client. It hung when I went from outside area in Amber Temple to the actual building.
    I'm Sleepy **** it!
    and Hecati
    ... Anslem retired
    ... Myrcuria retired
    ... Erokese retired
    ... Napo retired
    ... Akila

Systems Designer

There are lots of other problems. Teleportation to certain places hangs the client, or even moving between certain places, like guild ship deck to another level on the ship. Even moving within quests hangs the client. It hung when I went from outside area in Amber Temple to the actual building.
    This sounds like an issue that can be fixed by forcing a reset of your UserPreferences.ini file. For more information, please check out this post (you are looking for Step 5):

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6209141
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

"Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    This sounds like an issue that can be fixed by forcing a reset of your UserPreferences.ini file. For more information, please check out this post (you are looking for Step 5):

This totally solved all my teleport/ddoor/quest exit and or pass to another instance issues.

I was a bit nervous messing around in the files.....but dang, the instance transfers now are crazy fast.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Justicesar View Post
    This totally solved all my teleport/ddoor/quest exit and or pass to another instance issues.

I was a bit nervous messing around in the files.....but dang, the instance transfers now are crazy fast.
    I am very glad to hear that, thanks for letting us know!
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

"Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Justicesar View Post

Usually when a game creates an .ini file like that, saved as unencoded text that you can easily edit, its just client-side GUI settings. Worst that happens, usually, if you delete it is the game will recreate the default one next time you load the client. So just change the name to a .ini.backup or something and you can restore it later if need be.

Community Member Charltonsexton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post

This worked for me too. However after a couple of days, I now have the occasional CTD. This rarely happened to me before and it is low happening at least twice a session. Any idea if it is related? Anyone else experiencing this? I'm currently testing a few different graphic settings, in case it's just a matter of finding a sweet spot for my machine.
    Orien