Default I wish my tank could pull agro as well as Etheria Sundawn

She can pull agro off a tank while she is up a hill around a corner. Its amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by redoubt View Post
    She can pull agro off a tank while she is up a hill around a corner. Its amazing.
    Yknow what else is amazing? Lots of people dont understand how pulling aggro works . . . People who hit first, will get a much higher aggro than everyone who hits after. This is why you often see rangers with aggro, as they can shoot someone across the map.
    ~IAmTheGreySoldier~

Quote Originally Posted by banjo174 View Post
    Yknow what else is amazing? Lots of people dont understand how pulling aggro works . . . People who hit first, will get a much higher aggro than everyone who hits after. This is why you often see rangers with aggro, as they can shoot someone across the map.
    Actually the Ranger pulls agro because they are further away from the NPC than the "Tank."

How do I know this "tidbit?" I Box and have literally chased NPC's across the map who agro'd the uncontrolled Box/2nd Accont sitting at the Zone In "piking" while I attempt to clear the first room in a dungeon. Usually the NPC is (nearly) dead by time it reaches my Box. Unfortunately when 2 or 3 make it there, my Box will go down next. Although the side effect of this is my Box is now a convenient Soul Stone for me to carry.

So in summary, please don't assume "Agro" in DDO is "self-explanatory" because it has been busted since at least 2010 and from reports back then, busted before then too as early as release. Multiple developers have attempted to fix it with varying success. Actually the Intimidate Nerf that occured around 2016 (?, or was it earlier/later) hurt many tank builds but did make the game slightly "more realistic" as NPC's would "peal off" a Tank when there were two or more in a group (i.e. Raid).
    Quote Originally Posted by hp1055cm View Post
    They have been tweaking the game since I started and often I disagree with them. They focus on wrong stuff, over or under compensate and abandon too much stuff. Every once in awhile they get something right, if only temporarily.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by banjo174 View Post
    She's not a ranger...

https://ddowiki.com/page/Erytheia_Sundawn