Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Chaotic Evil Mindos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,658

    Default Absorption Stacking, Legendary vs Herioc Greensteel

    So looking at the new Raid from Sharn and the fire death vomit, I started to research ways to survive the higher levels difficulty.
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-do-they-stack
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6144602


    This older thread states that its better to craft HERIOC greensteel, because the 3 tiers of fire absorption stack, while the 3 tiers of LGS do not. Is this crazy or what?
    So what's the max absorption you can get for fire? In general, available to everyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Atheok View Post
    How elemental absorption works in the game currently is a little tricky. Only 1 item/weapon with enhancement bonus absorb item will work. So more than 1 item will not stack, in fact, the lesser value item may override the larger value:

    Ex with Electric Absorb:
    Cannith Crafted 38% Absorb + 33% Ring of Djinn = 33% Ring of Djinn only
    Cannith Crafted 38% Absorb + 33% Ring of Djinn + 30% Prismatic Cloak = 30% Prismatic Cloak only
    They are all subject of enhancement bonus and because of this you want to wear your highest value absorb item only

    Heroic Greensteel absorb weapons stack with everything. Legendary Greensteel absorb (also subject of enhancement bonus) tiers don't stack with themselves or with CC items or with any other item subject of enhancement bonus. The type of the bonus is called "enhancement", this is what you want to look for to make sure whether it stacks or not.

    These all stack:
    Heroic GS 3 tiers absorb weapon - 10%, 15% & 20%
    Cannith Crafted item - 38%
    Electrical Energy Sheath from Draconic Incarnation ED Tier 1 - 50%
    Elemental Absorption from Shiradi ED Tier 4 - 15%

    Other forms of elemental absorption while blocking:
    -Block Energy (Divine PL) - 10% per stack of PL
    -Block Energy from US ED Tier 2 - 30%
    -Shield Deflection Feat - up to 40% for Tower Shields
    So changeing this to fire, we have the Artifact from Sharn that does 53% I think, Energy Sheath 50, then HGS stacking itself to 45?, so question is, do we need all of this? or does the Sharn Artifact and energy sheathe work enough?

  2. #2

    Default

    Absorption stacking is screwed.
    This is not shown on the character sheet to see what stacks like elemental resists..

    some stuff stacks some doesn't.

    They are not clearly defined so its not easy to tell what actually stacks and what is replaced when using fireshield/energy sheath and gear.. or gear and different %gear...

    There has been a complete lack of clarity on stacking absorptions and nothing but silence from Dev's.
    Perhaps @lynnabel can shine a light on this problem that has existed for years unresolved.
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 34/42 , RC 39/39 , IC 12/21 , EC 48/48 , RP 104/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/42 , RC 0/39 , IC 15/21 , EC 36/48 , RP 36/158)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/42 , RC 39/39 , IC 15/21 , EC 48/48 , RP 108/158)

  3. #3
    Chaotic Evil Mindos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,658

    Default

    I forgot fireshield. And I also forgot filigrees. Ouch. Filigrees might just stack with everything, except the set bonus ones that state they don't. But individuals should, maybe. Is fireshield an enhancement? Does or does not stack with sheathe?

  4. #4
    Community Member Shadow_Jumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    So looking at the new Raid from Sharn and the fire death vomit, I started to research ways to survive the higher levels difficulty.
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-do-they-stack
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6144602


    This older thread states that its better to craft HERIOC greensteel, because the 3 tiers of fire absorption stack, while the 3 tiers of LGS do not. Is this crazy or what?
    So what's the max absorption you can get for fire? In general, available to everyone?



    So changeing this to fire, we have the Artifact from Sharn that does 53% I think, Energy Sheath 50, then HGS stacking itself to 45?, so question is, do we need all of this? or does the Sharn Artifact and energy sheathe work enough?
    In regards to THTH, I ran with sheathe/38% absorb/100 MRR and didnt have a problme.

    In regards to total absorb, most absorbs stack, however multiplicatively.

    IE;
    Sheathe: .5
    Sharn Arti: .47
    HGS: .9/.85/.8
    US Stance: .7
    Divine PL Stance: .7
    Arcane PL: .91
    Energy Absorb (T4 Shiradi): .85
    Filigree (Wreathe x2/1x Nystuls): .95/.95/.95
    MirrorPlate: .85

    All of that (All should be stacking) gets you down to ~3.97% of the original damage. In that instance, if you took 1000 base fire dmg, it would be reduced to 39.7 fire damage.
    Last edited by Shadow_Jumper; 06-03-2019 at 06:43 PM.

  5. #5
    Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Jumper View Post
    In regards to THTH, I ran with sheathe/38% absorb/100 MRR and didnt have a problme.

    In regards to total absorb, most absorbs stack, however multiplicatively.

    IE;
    Sheathe: .5
    Sharn Arti: .47
    HGS: .9/.85/.8
    US Stance: .7
    Divine PL Stance: .7
    Arcane PL: .91
    Energy Absorb (T4 Shiradi): .85
    Filigree (Wreathe x2/1x Nystuls): .95/.95/.95
    MirrorPlate: .85

    All of that (All should be stacking) gets you down to ~3.97% of the original damage. In that instance, if you took 1000 base fire dmg, it would be reduced to 39.7 fire damage.
    A necro, but on purpose.

    does anyone have updated information on this? I have heard that many of the Minor Artifacts are bugged so that they keep you from benefiting from other absorption items/effects.

    I’m interested in making a couple of item sets - 1 for significant cold absorption and 1 for significant fire absorption. Want to make sure that I either include an appropriate artifact if it’s helpful or make sure to avoid that element in my artifact if necessary.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

  6. #6
    2014 DDO Players Council
    SirValentine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    8,764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    does anyone have updated information on this? I have heard that many of the Minor Artifacts are bugged so that they keep you from benefiting from other absorption items/effects.
    I did some testing on this a few months back, and my conclusion was, you only get to benefit from one item absorption. So the claim that you can stack a Greensteel with a Minor Artifact and benefit from both does not match my experience.

    When people say the Heroic Greensteel absorption "stacks", what it means is that the 3 tiers still stack with each other (10%+15%+20%=39%). But the overall result does not stack with other items. If you can fit it in, the 53% from the artifact (or 47% on Crabshell, etc.) is better than the 39% from the Greensteel.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProducerRowan View Post
    Our final update of 2014 will extend the level cap to 30, which is intended to be DDO’s “permanent” level cap

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload