Default Cosmetic armors for iconic heroes working as intended?

So it seems that some iconic characters come with a cosmetic armor. Is that working as intended?
    The reason I am asking is that I bought bladeforged and whenever I create a new one it comes with a "steel bladeforged frame" cosmetic armor. However when I reincarnated into a bladeforged this item was missing. I wrote support about this but they said this item is a pre-order bonus and they could not provide me with one, then closed the ticket so unfortunately I couldn't ask any more questions. In the unofficial wiki it is indeed listed under one of the pre-order bonuses for shadowfelll: https://ddowiki.com/page/Shadowfell_...racy/Pre-order
    So whats the error here now? That every bladeforged gets this cosmetic unintentionally or that my reincarnated bladeforged didn't get it? And if it's the latter what else except writing support could I do?

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

I think that there is quite a difference between creating a completely new character and reincarnating into a new character.

However, I'm not sure whether this is WAI, but my feeling tells me it is.

These cosmetic items should be BTA, so it should be no real problem to transfer them.
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

That was what I thought as well, but the cosmetic is bound to character.

If you purchased the Shadowfell pack when it still had the Pre-Order bonus (Cosmetic item), EVERY character, the FIRST time you create OR TR into, gains these cosmetic items.

You will NOT be given a second set afterwards, so you shouldn't chuck these away unfortunately.

But in this case, as you have received one of these on creation before on a new toon, re-write a ticket in to ask for it on your TR'd character.

Put the info as follows in that applies to you (hopefully all of it):

I have TR'd into a Bladeforged, and missing the X Cosmetic that comes with it.
    I have previously created other Bladeforged and they have received this Cosmetic item.
    I am aware that sometimes when characters TR into this Iconic for the first time, they sometimes do not receive this Cosmetic.
    I have looked in the TR Cache, Inventory and Bank and have not found this Cosmetic in case there was a delay in arrival or it got put away.
    I have not deleted or thrown away any item since TR'ing into the Bladeforged.
    Would it be possible to have this Cosmetic sent to me?
    Thank you.

Basically you are listing out the all the reasons why they shouldn't deny you what you are missing.

I've had success with the above and even got some Mirrors of Glamering back when mine didn't turn up and I just purchased some Mirros to make them from the original item instead (Morninglord, PDK and Bladeforged, so they all apply). So, assuming you are receiving the Cosmetic on creation of your brand new toon, the TR'd ones will get theirs too. But again, as the top of this post, this only applies if this is your first TR into this race. Once you receive the items, any loss of these items (you destroyed them, etc) means you will not be given a second one. This is why it's been so aggravating for some as it takes up valuable inventory space.

Good Luck with your next Ticket.

J1NG
    Thelanis: Yijing (*Completionist* TR 20 Aasimar Scourge Monk Level 20 / Epic Level 10)
    Thelanis: Pocket-Monks: Sightblur, Peashoote, Jigglypath, Jedinja.
    Invisible Fences, unkillable Target Practice Dummy's, Shared Bank's, Pale Lavender Ioun Stones, the dimensional barrier between Eberron and Shavarath, I've broken them all...

Quote Originally Posted by Diracorvus View Post
    And if it's the latter what else except writing support could I do?
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ic-armor-issue

it seems that GM's in game have mailed them before, with the advice not to destroy them.
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/448811
    Last edited by Mindos; 06-23-2020 at 06:43 AM.

Just a heads up:

I just went in and loaded up my Bladeforged, and the three Frames are Bronze, Steel and Grand.

I created a new Bladeforged, and got the Bronze Frame.

So you HAVE actually asked for the wrong Cosmetic. Change it to Bronze, and it should be delivered in your mail.

:: further edit ::

New info. The account also had a Steel Frame pop up afterwards as apparently this side account DID Pre-Order. But no Grand Frame has popped up. However, given that the Character Creation Screen shows the Steel look, it does raise a suspect question over all this. Hmmm...

:: speculation edit ::

The reason I think the Steel Frame might be the original one you're supposed to get, and not the Bronze one (wiki is prob wrong), is that the Cosmetic is copied from the given armor, and the Creation Forged Docent is Steel Frame look. So, yeah...

J1NG
    Last edited by J1NG; 06-23-2020 at 07:01 AM.
    Thelanis: Yijing (*Completionist* TR 20 Aasimar Scourge Monk Level 20 / Epic Level 10)
    Thelanis: Pocket-Monks: Sightblur, Peashoote, Jigglypath, Jedinja.
    Invisible Fences, unkillable Target Practice Dummy's, Shared Bank's, Pale Lavender Ioun Stones, the dimensional barrier between Eberron and Shavarath, I've broken them all...

Quote Originally Posted by J1NG View Post
    I have TR'd into a Bladeforged, and missing the X Cosmetic that comes with it.
    I have previously created other Bladeforged and they have received this Cosmetic item.
    I am aware that sometimes when characters TR into this Iconic for the first time, they sometimes do not receive this Cosmetic.
    I have looked in the TR Cache, Inventory and Bank and have not found this Cosmetic in case there was a delay in arrival or it got put away.
    I have not deleted or thrown away any item since TR'ing into the Bladeforged.
    Would it be possible to have this Cosmetic sent to me?
    Thank you.
    All my new bladeforged get the steel bladeforged frame. I guess my mistake was not stating the exact name of the item I was missing I just called it the "bladeforged cosmetic". So I will do as you suggest and repost the ticket with exactly this information. Unfortunately I actually did delete items since my tr (not a cosmetic of course), the ticket took 2 weeks for them to answer. Guess I'll try a second time and if it doesn't work then it's just how it is.