Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Hero
    ([ ]'.')>-{===> <( ;..; <)

Will the loot from the heroic versions of the raids also be revamped at a later point?

Quote Originally Posted by jakeelala View Post
    This is a massive nerf and will KILL all throwing dagger builds.

You should seriously reconsider THE MAGNITUDE of this nerf.
    Since when has SSG cared about preserving play styles?

Change the meta ... new set of winners and losers ... profits ...

Community Member

Default Vistani Enhancement to center with daggers but not throwing daggers ?

I recently realized my monk is not centered with throwing daggers even with the Vistani enhancement to be centered with daggers. Is this WAI ? Updated for U47 ? If it is WAI, I chime in to change it so you are centered please

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    The implementation of this was buggy and not labeled well, and as a result it was flagged as an erroneous implementation (instead of what it is: the implementation for Greater Rage going awry in a few cases); we're going to fix it up and put it back before release.
    Sorry but what does this mean?

Currently Greater Rage says the following ingame: "While wearing medium armor and a Barbarian Rage is active, you gain +10 Physical Resistance Rating."

Is it still going to work or not? It works perfectly currently in live for pure barbarians.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeelala View Post
    Please listen to your player/researcher base. We test this FAR more than any of you do. When nerfing you should be removing the MOST EGREGIOUS and INCREMENTAL synergies leading to OP outcomes, and not just nerf entire builds from space because you don't understand the interactions. If your nerf kills a unique build (or an entire class of weapons), you've done the game and players a great disservice.
    This is the most important thing for all of the Devs to take away from this. Regardless of patch/update. Y'all do great on a lot of things, but this should be your mantra.
    Proud guild gimp of Synergia! Adults only. Bring beer. Pants optional.
    Banginurz/Chimpinurz/Shagginurz/Spankinurz.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Human_Cypher View Post
    What happened to my image of the three Githzerai embedded in the above post? Why was the image removed?
    Now that I think of it, a Changeling Sorcerer Iconic is more likely with an Eberron-situated Astral Plane expansion - as I mentioned in another post on the forums. But I still want to know what happened to my Githzerai image.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    [*]Fury of the Wild: Sense Weakness no longer provides untyped damage on hit, and instead now provides a flat +1 Damage per rank, for a total of +3 Damage.
    I'd rather have the other part reduced than losing those dice.
    Honestly that part of the nerf is unwarranted, as usual to stop a build which shouldnt exists in the first place (fury-thrower with their amazing attack speed) you are nerfing the actual 2HF Barbarians who enjoy it.

Simply make those extra dice of damage ONLY WORK IN MELEE

Bug: for some reason bell of opening are being "drinked" like potion instead of casted, without opening anything.

See at https://youtu.be/wbnVxVfLMbM?t=845
    (14:05)

Maybe related to the changes you made to regular potions?
    Last edited by Malex; 08-27-2020 at 08:13 AM. Reason: typo

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malex View Post
    I'd rather have the other part reduced than losing those dice.
    Honestly that part of the nerf is unwarranted, as usual to stop a build which shouldn't exists in the first place (fury-thrower with their amazing attack speed) you are nerfing the actual 2HF Barbarians who enjoy it.

Simply make those extra dice of damage ONLY WORK IN MELEE
    Assuming hits are evenly distributed across the HP pool (best case for old Sense Weakness, not true in-game) it averages (3d8+2d12+1d20 = 37)/4 = 9.25/hit.

+3 damage is more damage than that for basically every build. With >208 Melee Power you're ahead (3 x 3.08 = 9.24), before factoring crits, active attacks, DPS buffs, enemy debuffs, etc.

Fury-throwers and THF Barbarians both gain more damage from this implementation than the previous. If you have a x3 multiplier with 250 MP/RP and crit with Adrenaline, in just one hit you gain 157 damage (more than 17x as much as you'd get from an average proc pre-update).

This is a buff for every build, and reduces the calculation required on the back end which probably reduces a potential lag source.
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Default U47 Breaks My Mouse

For some reason, the Lam client doesn't see buttons 3 and 4, which the live client does.

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanKiller13 View Post
    Assuming hits are evenly distributed across the HP pool (best case for old Sense Weakness, not true in-game) it averages (3d8+2d12+1d20 = 37)/4 = 9.25/hit.

+3 damage is more damage than that for basically every build. With >208 Melee Power you're ahead (3 x 3.08 = 9.24), before factoring crits, active attacks, DPS buffs, enemy debuffs, etc.

Fury-throwers and THF Barbarians both gain more damage from this implementation than the previous. If you have a x3 multiplier with 250 MP/RP and crit with Adrenaline, in just one hit you gain 157 damage (more than 17x as much as you'd get from an average proc pre-update).

This is a buff for every build, and reduces the calculation required on the back end which probably reduces a potential lag source.
    maybe I'm just too casual, but the highest I got for MP is 150 I think, and I'm more usually in the 120s

Anyway, maybe the implementation was not right, but those dice seemed to scale to some degree (dont know they scaled of MP and if it was inteded or not, I always assumed they were)

Quote Originally Posted by nokowi View Post
    Since when has SSG cared about preserving play styles?

Change the meta ... new set of winners and losers ... profits ...
    ^^^^^This^^^^^

+1
    In DDO terms, "[x] Pass" means "[x] Changes" not "[x] Improvements"

THANK YOU SO MUCH

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post

• Mounts found via Daily Dice are now Bound to Account.
    • Does this include previously acquired mounts in daily rolls, or just mounts moving forward?
    • PS sorry about the wanky formatting but the system isn't letting me modify it.

The Twilight Avengers are always recruiting - http://twilightavengersofeberron.yuku.com/topic/655

Systems Designer

Correct. Sometimes when we change things for performance reasons it ends up being a wash or (worst of all) a nerf, but this ended up being a big ol' buff for just about every single build, ranged or melee.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

"Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mortas View Post
    I recently realized my monk is not centered with throwing daggers even with the Vistani enhancement to be centered with daggers. Is this WAI ? Updated for U47 ? If it is WAI, I chime in to change it so you are centered please
    It has been like that since Vistani Knife Fighter came out and was confirmed as WAI IIRC. There is currently no way of being centered with any thrown weapon besides shuriken and I'm not aware of any intention of changing that. The Simple Thrown Weapon Expertise+Multitude of Missiles feats were part of the effort to bring those weapons more in line with other ranged DPS options (i.e., shurimonks and Inquisitives), only they overshot their mark and are nerfing STWE in this update.
    Retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    It has been like that since Vistani Knife Fighter came out and was confirmed as WAI IIRC. There is currently no way of being centered with any thrown weapon besides shuriken and I'm not aware of any intention of changing that. The Simple Thrown Weapon Expertise+Multitude of Missiles feats were part of the effort to bring those weapons more in line with other ranged DPS options (i.e., shurimonks and Inquisitives), only they overshot their mark and are nerfing STWE in this update.
    Centering (w/non-shuriken) and favored weapons with throwing would be nice to have, but I'm not holding my breath on that anytime soon.

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malex View Post
    maybe I'm just too casual, but the highest I got for MP is 150 I think, and I'm more usually in the 120s

Anyway, maybe the implementation was not right, but those dice seemed to scale to some degree (dont know they scaled of MP and if it was inteded or not, I always assumed they were)
    With 120 MP, 3 damage x 2.2 = 6.6 damage; you only need to source 40% more scaling. On a 20/x2 greatclub build with some sort of +1/+1, Improved Crit, and Overwhelming Critical (18-20/x3 w/+1 on 19-20) you have (16+3x1+4x2)/19 = 42% crit bonus. This is with a greatclub build not using a good destiny, and you're already ahead without actives (any attack with crit mods), buffs (action boosts? Prowess? Martial Hymn? Bard songs? ED?), or debuffs (Dust? Vulnerable? Ooze? Helpless?).

For your THF Barbarian in FotW in your example given, let's compare an adrenaline attack. Meta is what, Tail w/Ravager? With +16 range you're just confirming then, so x4 crit. 3 base damage x 2.2 = 6.6 damage x4 crit = 26.4 x5 Adrenaline = 132. Ignoring every other buff/debuff/active attack etc you're still 14x as good as the previous average of 9.25.

If you take that same example; then throw Martial Hymn, Action Boost MP w/Prowess, Dismember = 215 MP = 3.125 multiplier. Hit a helpless (25% base + 30% SW + 15% Bully + 15% PoaF = 1.85 multiplier) mob that has -45 PRR (Ooze + Dust) while you're standing in a Crusade (1.45 x 1.1 = 2.144 multiplier). Suddenly you're at 557.7 damage coming from that base 3, which is 60.3x as good as base Sense Weakness.

------

All of this is still assuming 9.25/swing from Sense Weakness, which is definitely unlikely. If a mob dies in 3 swings Sense Weakness is averaging 5.17 damage/swing - at which point 3 damage w/100 MP with no crits wins.

------

TL;DR: worst case, with 120 MP you can use a greatclub and just barely break even assuming there's no buffs/debuffs/active attacks. Anything past that treats this as a buff.
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

With 120 MP, 3 damage x 2.2 = 6.6 damage; you only need to source 40% more scaling. On a 20/x2 greatclub build with some sort of +1/+1, Improved Crit, and Overwhelming Critical (18-20/x3 w/+1 on 19-20) you have (16+3x1+4x2)/19 = 42% crit bonus. This is with a greatclub build not using a good destiny, and you're already ahead without actives (any attack with crit mods), buffs (action boosts? Prowess? Martial Hymn? Bard songs? ED?), or debuffs (Dust? Vulnerable? Ooze? Helpless?).

For your THF Barbarian in FotW in your example given, let's compare an adrenaline attack. Meta is what, Tail w/Ravager? With +16 range you're just confirming then, so x4 crit. 3 base damage x 2.2 = 6.6 damage x4 crit = 26.4 x5 Adrenaline = 132. Ignoring every other buff/debuff/active attack etc you're still 14x as good as the previous average of 9.25.

If you take that same example; then throw Martial Hymn, Action Boost MP w/Prowess, Dismember = 215 MP = 3.125 multiplier. Hit a helpless (25% base + 30% SW + 15% Bully + 15% PoaF = 1.85 multiplier) mob that has -45 PRR (Ooze + Dust) while you're standing in a Crusade (1.45 x 1.1 = 2.144 multiplier). Suddenly you're at 557.7 damage coming from that base 3, which is 60.3x as good as base Sense Weakness.

------

All of this is still assuming 9.25/swing from Sense Weakness, which is definitely unlikely. If a mob dies in 3 swings Sense Weakness is averaging 5.17 damage/swing - at which point 3 damage w/100 MP with no crits wins.

------

TL;DR: worst case, with 120 MP you can use a greatclub and just barely break even assuming there's no buffs/debuffs/active attacks. Anything past that treats this as a buff.
    A great post for where DDO design went wrong.

Isn't this game supposed to be fun?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Human_Cypher View Post
    What happened to my image of the three Githzerai embedded in the above post? Why was the image removed?
    I see it. It's also in several other people's posts who quoted yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.
    Indeed...grammar and spelling corrected, though.

Are throwing daggers suppose to un-center you?

Deadly Blades: Your daggers and throwing daggers do an additional +1(W) of damage. You are centered when fighting with daggers. (Note: not centered with throwing daggers).
    It would make sense to allow you to stay centered with any Dagger at this point (yes pun intended)
    Sarlona - Guildmaster - Brotherhood of Redemption - ddoborguild.com - 2016 & 2017 Players Council --- Alts: Acetylene, Antimematter, CNG, Dilithium Crystal, EMF, EMPulse, Exothermic, Geothermal, Hexane, Hexyne, Hydropower, JA, Kerosene, LPG, Natural Gas, Nuclearpower, Propane, Solarpannel, Tidalpower, WASOB, Waulter, Windpower, Woodpile

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast