Default Needle in a Fey Stack...WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO TO COMPLETE THIS QUEST?!?!?!?!?

FINALLY found the dragons lair. Not sure why I was even given the option to us DIPLOMACY WHEN IT DOES NOTHING...

So had to do the *expletive* game of tag....

Is the dragon in his lair hidden? IDK I hear the sound of snoring but after walking over nearly every square inch of the lair I can find nothing.

Is the dragon in the wilderness area of the quest? If so, *expletive* YUCK.

The map is broken af. The landscape is jacked and I'll be *expletive* if I have to run around looking for the stupid quest objective.

Default and REALLY sick of quest optionals that are not optional at all

Says in quest panel TAG bs is optional, it is not optional if I have to do it to complete quest.

This quest is such punitive poor form ****.

Dragon apparently shows up as tab target-able after waiting a period of time, then he chase's you, tags you then disappears again.

/SIGH

I *almost* thought the feywild content was kinda cool. Now I found something to absolutely hate about it...

Default Figured it out FINALLY *SPOILER*

Hide and Seek takes place only his lair. True Seeing allowed me to see him as a red mound about the size of an Adventure's Pack collectable.

I both got tagged by him and damaged him. Had to find him 4x i think before he gives up and says he just wanted a friend.

*Messing* with people is a horrible way to make friends. JS

Default think i got it figured out

it's a game of tag right, so the objective to win is not get hit. took me several tries. i found him over half a dozen times before i really figured out what i needed to do. "i searched around the room like a madman for what seemed like an eternity...cursing at the cold unresponsive stone walls and tearing my hair out and gouging my eyes..." ok so the green pseudodragon has some green sparkles that can appear near him to help locate his hiding spot and also he can also be tab targeted when close enough. i think there's really just 4 or 5 spots he keeps going back to over and over all down on the very bottom ground floor just about always tucked between some rocks or rubble. now when you get close and click on him and tag him, you need to run away fast, run like hell is chasing you (the battle music also seems to crescendo at this point maybe as a hint) and if he tags you then you lose the game. and he is quite fast. i did my pdk quick speed action boost (only 10%) a couple times but i was checking out the terrain and figured out i think my tactic was there's this ramp leading up to a platform where you first talk to him right kind of like the throne with that glowing moss covered stone archway. now what i did to win was after finding him i ran up there, and jumped off the back side which made him lose my trail long enough for me to run around another obstacle and i think i drank an invisible potion not sure if that helped but yeah i think it might have since we're you know, playing 'tag' and you need to see the other player to find them and tag them, your objective is to: do what he keeps saying "i'm going to hide." (the other clue) ta-da! think i was going to hit sneak after jumping off, going around another wall and going invisible but i got the complete DM dialog there we go! i think the main thing is to get out of his field of vision and lose his detection of you which is tough because he is really fast

Quote Originally Posted by Feralthyrtiaq View Post
    Hide and Seek takes place only his lair. True Seeing allowed me to see him as a red mound about the size of an Adventure's Pack collectable.

I both got tagged by him and damaged him. Had to find him 4x i think before he gives up and says he just wanted a friend.

*Messing* with people is a horrible way to make friends. JS
    If you have a decent jump skill, the game of tag is easy. Talk to him, play the game, find him (he is usually just on the ground somewhere.. easy to spot once you know what he looks like. Listen for the breathing).

Now, before you tag him, look around the room. There are 2 raised round platforms on each side of the room. Your goal is to just get on top of one of them. The easier is the one to the left (as you are facing the exit/entrance to the cave). If you go around back, there is a slight raised area in the floor, giving you the extra couple inches you need to get on top. Your goal is to get up here after tagging him. I usually try before tagging, just to make sure I can get it.

Now, tag the dragon and run like hell to that spot. Jump up on top of the platform and wait. The dragon can't fly up there, and will just keep looking for you. After about a minute, he gives up and tells you to take the needle.

Quest complete.
    Member: Circle of Night
    Magic is a curious thing; full of hope and promise one minute, then someone summons a t-rex jet fighter to kill you.

Never tried the quest solo, but I think I suck at finding him at the start. My friends always find him and then if I happen to be the fastest I'll have to make him out in the pile of **** on the floor.

That being said, none of us have ever had any problem simply running around while he chases. Maybe if you have 0 striding?
    Mains - Messam, Indalecio, Mozenrath, Quackerjack.

My Solution:

1. Become VIP

2. Complete the other quests in the Feywild Saga (yes, even the underwater one, which is really just an easy go left / pull switch /go right / pull switch / go down middle to beat boss quest, in the end)

3. Go to Saga Reward person for Feywild. Choose show me the quests for this saga. Choose show me the next quest in the saga. Choose skip this quest for free as VIP

4. Choose reward

I did try it, by the way, while trying to show a friend how good and rewarding the Feywild quests are, which was a bit embarrassing. We lost one of the chase people, spent at least a half an hour scouring the map looking for them, but they did not exist anymore, and that was it, we never even got to the dragon or any of that other mess.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Is the dragon in his lair hidden? IDK I hear the sound of snoring but after walking over nearly every square inch of the lair I can find nothing.
    You just have to develop patience. This is a strong anti-speedrun mechanic : You just have to wait. After half a minute or after a minute or so he appears, probably - lore-wise - his invisibility magic wears off I guess.

For that tag thing : It's easy : Just run around that pillar fast enough so that he doesn't catch you.
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

Community Member

That quest was designed by somebody who has no business designing quests in the first place. There’s no part of that poorly thought out mess that can be misconstrued for enjoyable. It’s so poorly done I wonder if it was done by the same untalented sadist that designed every tower in Sharn.

At best it’s a time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post
    This is a strong anti-speedrun mechanic : You just have to wait.
    Huh? We complete this quest regularly on R10 in 6-7 min. The chest locations are in a handful of places, all in the same area. Once you break the egg, Dimension Door to the start and it's clear to the lair. The longest part of the quest is waiting for the dragonling to travel back to his lair, and waiting for the game of tag to end.
    Khyber: Ying-1, Kobeyashi, Nichevo-1 | 75 million Reaper XP

Personally I feel the "game of tag" is iconic for the Feywild. It was implemented in a good way with limited area, good clue (snoring) to help anyone find him.

Now I haven't tried to lose or simply not play to see if there is a time limit where the dragon gives up (he does say until he gets bored) so maybe there is a limit for not trying (thus maybe an optional aspect, of play the game or wait long enough for him to give up)

I do find it interesting that such a small and straightforward aspect of the quest is what some people find to be the worst part. Maybe it is the anti-murder hobo in me that won't get that part of some of the player base.

Again, I think it is a fun change of pace, and glad they didn't over use it like all the mirrors in Thunderholm.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DerpDerply View Post
    That quest was designed by somebody who has no business designing quests in the first place. There’s no part of that poorly thought out mess that can be misconstrued for enjoyable. It’s so poorly done I wonder if it was done by the same untalented sadist that designed every tower in Sharn.

At best it’s a time sink.
    Agreed. The level design is very poor for Needle in a Feystack. My biggest gripe are the two streams in the map that lead nowhere to the dragon running away to his 'lair' too quickly. If a lowbie with no striding tries to catch it...well good luck finding the lair and finishing the quest. I'm worried alot of newer players might try this, get frustrated, and get turned away from the content, especially since Feywild is fairly low/mid level.
    Last edited by kneesocks; 06-25-2021 at 04:05 AM.

FINALLY found the dragons lair. Not sure why I was even given the option to us DIPLOMACY WHEN IT DOES NOTHING...

So had to do the *expletive* game of tag....

Is the dragon in the wilderness area of the quest? If so, *expletive* YUCK.

The map is broken af. The landscape is jacked and I'll be *expletive* if I have to run around looking for the stupid quest objective.
    You know that button you use to target stufff....yeah click that over and over until you ping him...he will highlight...look in the general direction he first appears in your targeting window.
    That function is your saving grace when you are lost in a quest.
    And after the dragon is it run out and come back in.
    The map isn't broken... you just failed finding him

That said...
    Hi welcome..

(In a DMs Voice)

You been here longer than I...and I am just returning. You should know the navigate by targeting doors,levers, etc through walls by now. Unless of course people carried you through everything.

Sorry for being snarky but you could have asked the question without faulting others...
    Thats a trait of the spoiled

Its not others fault you need help. Understood you are aggrevated but you need to learn to control your emotions.

If only you realized how many times I tried to make the last jump in newcomers before realizing I could use the last wind trap to get to the door rather than try to hit the targeting lever to turn it off while moving...

Giving up....turning you away...is what all the dungeons try to do. And they do that beyond countless battles...knowing few have both brains and brawn. Learn to exercise both.
    Last edited by Enderoc; 06-25-2021 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enderoc View Post
    The map isn't broken...
    While I've not had the difficulty the OP has had, the map is in fact broken (not the area itself, but the map of the area). outside, open your map (press the M key) and adjust its size, shape and position on your screen. Now go into this quest and press M to open up your map. It will become a different shape and size and you'll be unable to fix it or move it at all. Now move around with the map open and watch your blue dot leave the visible map. You cannot click on and slide the map around like you can everywhere else to see more of the area, it's fixed in place and does not even show the whole area, or even most of the area that you can even travel to/be in.

I do not mind the quest as a whole, but the map is in fact broken, and should be fixed.

(this is not the only quest with a broken map. Sunrise for example also has a broken map)

I had to use the map to navigate...didn't have a problem with it.