Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Feywild a dud?

Default Feywild a dud?

It's the first weekend of the expansion. Not many players here nor are there any lfms for FW quests. I was pretty disappointed in the quests myself and especially disappointed in the loot but at least I'm running the content. During other expansion weekends the public areas were packed and the lfm full.

I think a lot of people are busy with the getting ready for winter, election celebrations or protest LOL.
    I know some who are waiting to get Feywild till the bugs are worked out.
    Protect the Silver Flame at all costs!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Satyriasys View Post
    It's the first weekend of the expansion. Not many players here nor are there any lfms for FW quests. I was pretty disappointed in the quests myself and especially disappointed in the loot but at least I'm running the content. During other expansion weekends the public areas were packed and the lfm full.
    I still see plenty of ppl in khyber in the public area but yeah maybe less than previous ones.
    I like it overall. I think it needed another month to bake in the oven to fix all the bugs and add some polish and the lack of raid is also hurting it. But again, it is pretty good Imo.

Happy to have more content to run, new wilderness and more loot to help with my builds.

I've had the opposite experience. No issues finding a group, the loot is the best ever, and the quests range from decent to fantastic.

Community Member

Frankly the inability of SSG to fix the chat issues has me leery of spending money. I mean, why am I going to spend money for more content when I can't play with my friends what I already have? Plus the player reports suggest this expansion was just phoned in.

Call me a Capitalist Pig if you like, but I only believe in exchanging my money for jobs well done. Once the chat is reliable again and all the new bugs in the expansion and hirelings are fixed, I'll consider making a purchase.

C'mon SSG, believe in yourselves that you can do better! :-) :-)

Community Member

Personally I'm not buying it until we get a bugfix patch or two, and the saga/raid is added.

I enjoy the quests and the loot is pretty nice. The level 5 gear will probably wind up being full sets for me thru level 10/15 swaps; the level 29 stuff I'll have to play tetris once I get enough pieces. I personally haven't tossed up any LFMs for them yet as I'm still flower sniffing a bit (did 1 legendary full clear, reincarnated, then did 1 lvl 5 full clear); my 2nd full clear was way faster but still trying to take in the sights. We'll probably see a lot more LFMs once people know the quests well which will bring the XP(RXP)/min on par with other quests that we already know by heart.

The level 5 loot is op probably but the legendary loot is like random gen named loot. Just a weird chaotic mix of everything. Im convinced Lynnabel used a dart board and a blindfold when selecting the stats.

Considering that a significant portion of people outside the US and Canada are unable to purchase the xpack, I'm not surprised. And even those in America have had trouble purchasing. Like, I'd be there putting up LFMs on Khyber, but no, I'm region-locked, with no solution or work-around offered by SSG.

I also think they launched the expansion too soon, U47 was less than a month ago and had a lot of content, which people are still figuring out. Too late now, but Feywild would've probably sold a lot better around Christmas time. And if the store was working properly, and had a gift option.

But hey, here's hoping that this will convince SSG to release it for points sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus_Arcanis View Post
    I've had the opposite experience. No issues finding a group, the loot is the best ever, and the quests range from decent to fantastic.
    At least on Khyber, the number of LFMs this weekend isn't even close to what we saw at Sharn release.
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus_Arcanis View Post
    Uh... what? I can't even find a use for most of the loot. "This piece looks great, but I'd lose so much by fitting it. I'll move it into the "maybe" category, aka "maybe SSG fixes feywild set bonuses being useless until 7 piece"

The loot is a lateral move, for me. I only see maybe 2 pieces I want for my main, but there's nothing new that will replace my Sharn set.
    Primary Home: Argonnessen
    Also known as: Archarias, Ishtaris, Arthies, Artharias, Astanius, and Fidgity.
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

Love it so far but with all the running around to complete some of the quest it might fall short for speed runners cranking out lives. Very cool story...looks great and decent lv 5 gear. The higher level stuff will take a while to get lined up, but it looks top notch as well. Greta job.

Quote Originally Posted by Justicesar View Post
    Love it so far but with all the running around to complete some of the quest it might fall short for speed runners cranking out lives. Very cool story...looks great and decent lv 5 gear. The higher level stuff will take a while to get lined up, but it looks top notch as well. Greta job.
    With a fast horse it's not too bad at all, and the xp is good enough in a pretty poor level range. I skipped necro 1 and still had a ton more xp than normal after running feywild

I am not calling it fail-wild yes as in same classification of the shadow-fail expansion.

But I will say, that this expansion was released way too early. Too many things broken, not working as intended or just not released. The fact that SSG can't get their store to work properly is a prime example.

I am still holding my decision on this expansion, but if past experience has taught me. SSG will have a few patches....fix some things, break other things.....then forget about the rest of the broken things for the next new shiny update.
    Main toons: IronThatcher (tank & box breaker for inquisitives), Mehhh (ranger)...pion of HS...zug zug
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesrali View Post
    Go munt your grandma while wearing my freeway mitt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    I am the dumb.

The relatively small size of the Feywild wilderness area is somewhat disappointing, but the Feywild doesn't need a sprawling space to explore. The lack of voice-acted journal entries in the explorer area is also disappointing, as these enhance the story experience for the players. The Feywild expansion itself doesn't appear to have as focused a story which is obvious from the outset as did Ravenloft or Sharn; that may have turned off some players from buying it initially.

The single raid is probably a factor, as the two previous expansions had two raids each. However, we have yet to see the Feywild raid as it could be very involved just by itself.

I hope that if The Isle of Dread and/or Planescape expansions happen, that those updates include a Ravenloft-sized or similar explorer area as the content itself almost demands it. Traipsing around a smallish Isle of Dread or Astral Plane would be a let down.

Founder
    Guild Leader - Death Smile

I can't play because my Master's Gift is stuck on a storage alt thanks to the new augment system - I didn't read the release notes; was planning to ETR/RTR then do the expansion - now I'm playing Steam stuff waiting for a patch. I did notice before I stopped trying that i was still getting DC'd from the chat servers on and off every few minutes - so that is NOT fixed. I have done a few quests @ lvl 30 just to mess around but pulled no loot - I refuse to reroll chests and pay to get treasure I earned adventuring. I woudn't call this expansion a dud but I would say it seems like they are still in beta with it - it probably should have been launched in mid december.

Oh also - I think warlocks are broke - @ lvl 5, with twinked out gear, running around the explorer zone i was doing 5-30 ish dmg per eldritch blast - considering i am in optimized gear that seems very very low, especially considering ranged and melee dps at lvl 5 is much better. I don't think SSG wants anyone playing warlocks - I literally have to kite mobs for hours just to burn them down; its lame. RIP.

Small and uninteresting public area, rather boring and cookie-cutter slayer area, and underwhelming quest line. I'm not impressed. Feels like this one was rushed just to meet a quarterly fiscal goal.

A few guildies have asked me if they should purchase it, and to each I've said no.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Lord_Mary View Post
    I can't play because my Master's Gift is stuck on a storage alt thanks to the new augment system
    that's weird. where did you slot yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Ausdoerrt View Post
    they launched the expansion too soon, U47 was less than a month ago and had a lot of content [...] Feywild would've probably sold a lot better around Christmas
    This exactly. I assumed the expansion was going to hit around Christmas and was quite surprised when it landed. Now that I've seen the bugs first hand, I doubt we'll see it all patched before Christmas.2

Considering how u48 ignored what I'd consider the major item bugs with u47, I'm not at all hopeful any of the major bugs in u48 will be addressed with any speed. It's too soon and too buggy to even predict when SSG might consider it fixed -- not when it's really fixed, but that point where they loose interest and let remaining bugs settle in and fester.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjond View Post
    This exactly. I assumed the expansion was going to hit around Christmas and was quite surprised when it landed. Now that I've seen the bugs first hand, I doubt we'll see it all patched before Christmas.2
    Yea, not releasing at Christmas, and not including a gift purchase option wasn't a great move for the sales, I'm guessing...
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast