Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29
  1. #1
    Community Member fangblackhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    192

    Angry Needle in a fey stack is horrible

    this quest is horrific!

    can the devs add a dang ole blinking dot on the map for the unicorn (and its following forms) to the map (and fix the map while they are at it).... or just scrap the whole thing and start over with it?

    like really i finally found the right chest, and the dang thing ran off tonever be seen again running around the quest for over an hour after

    this is my new least favorite quest in do!!!!!!!!!!!!

    t

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    354

    Default

    Yeah, it wasn’t well thought out, and even more poorly executed...unless its only purpose is as a hurdle-jumping, pot-sucking time sink.

    In that case: mission accomplished.

  3. #3
    Community Member Dabima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    930

    Default

    But.... there already is a monster icon on the map on the creatures locations at all times?
    Orien: ][Vladtepes][Gelatinous][Lelitha]

  4. #4

    Default

    Needle in a Feystack pales in comparison to the underwater combat quest they put in the corner of the map. The Legend of the Lost Locket

    Good Luck on your melee toons!
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

    “A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

  5. #5
    Community Member Mofus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atremus View Post
    Needle in a Feystack pales in comparison to the underwater combat quest they put in the corner of the map. The Legend of the Lost Locket

    Good Luck on your melee toons!
    Yeah that one is worse, they rolled a 1 on that quest.
    Darkwinn, Milkus, Terismina, Gothmawg, Dreylock, Drunarah, Bigbhamboo, etc on Sarlona / Brixlynn, Mofus, Curgoth, Deidlit, etc on Ghalanda.

  6. #6
    Community Member devashta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    425

    Default 0/10

    I do not like so many quests in this xpac and I cant bypass them all with VIP saga skip so I have stopped running feywild for saga xp. I mean..there are zero LFMs anyway and even if I see one, there is like couple of people waiting & waiting and they take it down after some time.
    Back to topic, yes this is a horrible quest along with that under-water one. 0/10.

  7. #7

    Default

    I had trouble the first time I did Needle because I lost the thing I was chasing. It was actually fairly quick and easy the times I have done it since then. Just keep chasing, ignore everything else.

    The Lost Locket quest is tougher. I did it as a solo melee the first time, and it was pretty rough even just on elite...those kelpies are BS for melees. Have done it with a caster and a ranged character since then, and it was easy. Need some decent self heals or a healer hireling if you are a melee doing this solo. For melees, this is one of the toughest L5 quests I would say.

  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    889

    Default

    I love the Feywild quests... except needle, witch hunt, and lost locket. Three worst quests in the expansion and they're all in the swamp.

    I guess combating the corruption is kinda boring too, though it's certainly not as painful as needle bugging out for the 5th time.

  9. #9
    Community Member Ausdoerrt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by devashta View Post
    I mean..there are zero LFMs anyway and even if I see one, there is like couple of people waiting & waiting and they take it down after some time.
    Part of the reason may be, lots of people are unable to buy it even if they wanted to.

    SSG, please address store issues.
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Isolani View Post
    I had trouble the first time I did Needle because I lost the thing I was chasing. It was actually fairly quick and easy the times I have done it since then. Just keep chasing, ignore everything else.

    The Lost Locket quest is tougher. I did it as a solo melee the first time, and it was pretty rough even just on elite...those kelpies are BS for melees. Have done it with a caster and a ranged character since then, and it was easy. Need some decent self heals or a healer hireling if you are a melee doing this solo. For melees, this is one of the toughest L5 quests I would say.
    It's even worse for my tiefling fire sorcerer. Fire spells don't work at all underwater.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter_Stauffenberg View Post
    It's even worse for my tiefling fire sorcerer. Fire spells don't work at all underwater.
    Yeah, fire and acid both are in bad shape for this quest. I was playing a caster druid, so it was a breeze with lightning damage. Can always swap in a couple good lightning spells on a sorcerer and respec to lightning, but it's definitely a drag to do all that just for one quest.

  12. #12

    Default

    Yeah I truly hate this "quest", find a random item, chase it, hope it does not get stuck in any of the terrain, chase it, hope it does not get stuck in any of the terrain, chase it, hope it does not get stuck in any of the terrain, chase it, hope it does not get stuck in any of the terrain, chase it, hope it does not get stuck in any of the terrain, play tag, and hope it does not get stuck in any of the terrain.

  13. #13
    Community Member dennisck2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atremus View Post
    Needle in a Feystack pales in comparison to the underwater combat quest they put in the corner of the map. The Legend of the Lost Locket

    Good Luck on your melee toons!
    For everything that is holy, this! Not a fan of needle, either, but the underwater quest makes me want to wash my mouth out with a pistol.
    Proud guild gimp of Synergia! Adults only. Bring beer. Pants optional.
    Banginurz/Chimpinurz/Shagginurz/Spankinurz.

  14. #14
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ausdoerrt View Post
    Part of the reason may be, lots of people are unable to buy it even if they wanted to.

    SSG, please address store issues.
    Absolutely +1000

    Both me and my girlfriend would be playing Feywild if we could, and unfortunately the link Cordovan posted in the "store sucks" thread is just a generic ticket link, they have done nothing to help us.

  15. #15
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,632

    Default

    I personally haven't had it bug after not trying to attack the thing on / near the log bridge. You can also safely clean up all the mobs along the way, it won't go too far off.

    I am still also not a big fan.

  16. #16
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    108

    Default

    Someone sounds sooo unhappy, a dose of Unicorns and sparkles will turn that frown upside-down!



  17. #17
    Community Member Cranjis-of-Orien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atremus View Post
    Needle in a Feystack pales in comparison to the underwater combat quest they put in the corner of the map. The Legend of the Lost Locket

    Good Luck on your melee toons!
    Screw kelpies.
    Founder and leader of The Wildcats guild on Orien

    "Cheese is the solution to everything" - Unknown

  18. #18
    Community Member Cranjis-of-Orien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gljosh View Post
    Yeah I truly hate this "quest", find a random item, chase it, hope it does not get stuck in any of the terrain, chase it, hope it does not get stuck in any of the terrain, chase it, hope it does not get stuck in any of the terrain, chase it, hope it does not get stuck in any of the terrain, chase it, hope it does not get stuck in any of the terrain, play tag, and hope it does not get stuck in any of the terrain.
    And then get to the boss fight and hope the dragon doesn't touch you more than once cause then the quest will bug out and require a restart.
    Founder and leader of The Wildcats guild on Orien

    "Cheese is the solution to everything" - Unknown

  19. #19
    Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    5,751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atremus View Post
    Needle in a Feystack pales in comparison to the underwater combat quest they put in the corner of the map. The Legend of the Lost Locket

    Good Luck on your melee toons!
    I never had any problems there.

    My suspicion is that all speedrunners and zergers hate this quest most, because one just can't run through it. It's as if speedrunning ("I want everything and I want it nao !") has become the norm.

    I personally believe that flower-sniffer play types have it easier with that quest.

    It's as if I'd say "Walk the butcher's path is horrible, because you can do nothing but speedrun through it !"
    Last edited by Alrik_Fassbauer; 02-01-2021 at 12:04 PM.
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

  20. #20
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post
    I never had any problems there.

    My suspicion is that all speedrunners and zergers hate this quest most, because one just can't run through it. It's as if speedrunning ("I want everything and I want it nao !") has become the norm.
    You know, or anyone fire based.

    Of course, you have one hammer, and see everything as that one nail. Keep preaching.

    Also - you don't find swimming quests at all annoying when stuff like our characters SKILLS (remember, swim?) don't have any effect? We're all bubble headed weighted down whatever stuck to the ocean floor ? (Have you ever tried WALKING on the floor of a body of water? Lol)

    It's pretty annoying mechanics from a bunch of angles.

    But no, I get it, it's a zerger not zerger argument at ALL times.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload