Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Founder
    Guild Leader - Death Smile
    Dark_Lord_Mary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,404

    Default Feydark swf paladin for hardcore league

    MARY'S JEDI KNIGHT (Paladin)

    Updated for U51

    My Jedi Knight build is a very survivable, self-sufficient, R+ capable SWF Paladin.
    This build can solo E/R content.

    Your healing is a combination of Lay Hands, Potions, Wands, and spells.
    You want to run with potions/wands - especially at low level.
    You are CHA main stat therefore you take and use greater color spray/glacial wrath as crowd control
    Greater Color spray is your Jedi Mind Trick

    The play style is that of a Jedi Knight - you are a lawful defender of the ways of the Force - therefore you take magical training @ lvl 1 to get your conjured weapon.

    Your weapon is your lightsaber - the conjured feydark shortsword that improves as you level up.
    This weapon is inherently ghost touch @ lvl 1.

    You will wear heavy armor.
    Your off hand must be empty: no shield, no orb, nothing in your off hand
    Your mainstat is CHA - the conjured blade is CHA to hit/dmg automatically.
    Your deity selection will be Vulkoor, your favored weapons short swords.
    You must take the balance skill for Single Weapon Fighting

    This build stacks Spell Resistance (SR).
    There is a divergence in the DDO community, some love Spell Resist (SR) some players believe (SR) is useless. (SR) shields you from all non-damaging spells, unlike MRR which helps you mitigate damaging spells. So an enemy caster throws a fireball at you, that is your MRR. A second enemy caster casts hold person on you, that is your Spell Resistance - the Hold spell must first penetrate your spell resistance. To do this the enemy must succeed a spell penetration roll vs your Spell resistance; if the roll succeeds, your spell resistance shield is breached and you must then roll a saving throw vs the hold spell with whatever will save bonuses you have. But if however the enemy caster fails to penetrate your spell resistance, you see a blue shield effect and you are not affected by the spell at all - there is no saving throw roll needed. You are protected.

    Gear focus should be on CHA>CON>STR>WIS

    @ lvl 1 you want to spend your 1st action points getting your Illusory weapon from Feydark.
    Make sure you conjure a new one after you level up as they get more powerful as you level.

    @ lvl 6 you take quicken for your color spray for CCing mobs and reapers - because you are CHA mainstat your DC will be effective. You can boost it with the illusion necklace from Ravenloft though i recommend wearing the part of the family set from sharn @ 15.

    This build is displayed as a 28 point 1st life friendly build -
    players with multiple life characters will be stronger than displayed.

    Character name: Mary's Jedi Knight (Updaded for U51)
    Classes: 20 Paladin, 10 Epic
    Race: Drow
    Alignment: Lawful Good

    Required for Mary's Jedi Knight build as displayed:
    Drow
    Feydark Illusionist Tree
    Vistani Knife Fighter Tree
    Inherent Racial Action Point
    Inherent Universal Action Point
    Tome of Destiny (feywild)


    · · ·Start Tome Final
    Str:· · ·8· · 0 · ·12
    Dex:· · 10· · 0 · ·10
    Con:· · 14· · 0 · ·14
    Int:· · 10· · 0 · ·10
    Wis:· · 10· · 0 · ·10
    Cha:· · 20· · 0 · ·37
    SR: 25
    Immunities: Sleep, Natural Disease, Magical Disease, Super-Natural Disease, Fear, Magic Missiles, Energy Drain, Fear, Level Drain, Slippery Surfaces, Falling Damage, Most forms of Knockdown, Death effect, Level drain

    Saves:
    Fortitude:· · · · ·37
    · vs Poison:· · · ·37
    · vs Disease: · · ·37
    Will: · · · · · · ·31*
    · vs Enchantment: ·39*
    · vs Illusion:· · ·31*
    · vs Fear:· · · · ·42*
    · vs Curse: · · · ·31*
    Reflex: · · · · · ·29
    · vs Traps: · · · ·29
    · vs Spell: · · · ·31
    · vs Magic: · · · ·29
    Marked with a * is no fail on a 1 if required DC met

    Class and Feat Selection
    Level Class · · · · · ·Feats
    1 · · Paladin(1)· · · ·Standard: Magical Training
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Follower of Faith: Follower of Vulkoor
    2 · · Paladin(2)· · · ·
    3 · · Paladin(3)· · · ·Standard: Single Weapon Fighting
    4 · · Paladin(4)· · · ·Charisma: +1 Level up
    5 · · Paladin(5)· · · ·
    6 · · Paladin(6)· · · ·Standard: Quicken Spell
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Deity: Vulkoor's Avatar
    7 · · Paladin(7)· · · ·
    8 · · Paladin(8)· · · ·Charisma: +1 Level up
    9 · · Paladin(9)· · · ·Standard: Improved Single Weapon Fighting
    10· · Paladin(10) · · ·
    11· · Paladin(11) · · ·
    12· · Paladin(12) · · ·Standard: Improved Critical: Piercing Weapons
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Charisma: +1 Level up
    13· · Paladin(13) · · ·
    14· · Paladin(14) · · ·
    15· · Paladin(15) · · ·Standard: Greater Single Weapon Fighting
    16· · Paladin(16) · · ·Charisma: +1 Level up
    17· · Paladin(17) · · ·
    18· · Paladin(18) · · ·Standard: Offhand Versatility
    19· · Paladin(19) · · ·
    20· · Paladin(20) · · ·Charisma: +1 Level up
    21· · Epic(1) · · · · ·Epic Feat: Overwhelming Critical
    22· · Epic(2) · · · · ·Epic Destiny Feat: Perfect Single Weapon Fighting
    23· · Epic(3) · · · · ·
    24· · Epic(4) · · · · ·Epic Feat: Burst of Glacial Wrath
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Charisma: +1 Level up
    25· · Epic(5) · · · · ·Epic Destiny Feat: Doublestrike
    26· · Epic(6) · · · · ·
    27· · Epic(7) · · · · ·Epic Feat: Child of Faith
    28· · Epic(8) · · · · ·Epic Destiny Feat: Elusive Target
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Charisma: +1 Level up
    29· · Epic(9) · · · · ·
    30· · Epic(10)· · · · ·Epic Feat: Beloved of the Divine
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Legendary: Scion of the Feywild

    Skills
    Balance · · · · · 2 ·½· ½ ·½· ½ ·½· ½ ·½· ½ ·½· ½ ·½· ½ ·½· ½ ·½· ½ ·½· ½ · · ·11.0 · 31.0
    Tumble· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·1· · 1.0 · 21.0
    Use Magic Device· 2 ·½· ½ ·½· ½ ·½· ½ ·½· ½ ·½· ½ ·½· ½ ·½· ½ ·½· ½ ·½· ½ · · ·11.0 · 42.0


    Enhancements: 80 APs, Racial 1, Universal 1
    Drow - Points spent: 7
    1 Core ·(1) Spell Resistance I
    2 Core ·(2) Ability I: +1 Charisma
    3 Core ·(1) Spell Resistance II
    4 Core ·(2) Ability II: +1 Charisma
    5 Core ·(1) Spell Resistance III

    Knight of the Chalice - Points spent: 41
    1 Core ·(1) Slayer of Evil I
    2 Tier1 (2) Holy Combatant I
    3 Tier1 (1) Extra Smite
    4 Tier1 (1) Extra Smite
    5 Core ·(1) Courage of Heaven
    6 Tier2 (2) Adept Combatant
    7 Tier2 (1) Divine Might
    8 Tier2 (1) Divine Might
    9 Tier2 (1) Divine Might
    10 Tier3 (2) Exalted Smite: Exalted Smite
    11 Tier3 (2) Ability I: +1 Charisma
    12 Tier3 (2) Holy Combatant II
    13 Tier3 (2) Exalted Smite: Exalted Smite
    14 Tier3 (2) Exalted Smite: Exalted Smite
    15 Tier4 (2) Ability II: +1 Charisma
    16 Tier4 (1) Censure Demons
    17 Core ·(1) Slayer of Evil II
    18 Core ·(1) Improved Courage of Heaven
    19 Tier4 (2) Knight's Training
    20 Tier4 (2) Vigor of Life I
    21 Tier5 (1) Holy Retribution: Holy Retribution
    22 Core ·(1) Slayer of Evil III
    23 Tier5 (2) Ascendancy
    24 Tier5 (1) Censure Outsiders
    25 Tier5 (2) Vigor of Life II
    26 Tier2 (1) Critical Mastery
    27 Tier2 (1) Critical Mastery
    28 Tier2 (1) Critical Mastery
    29 Core ·(1) Champion of Good

    Vistani Knife Fighter - Points spent: 23
    1 Core ·(1) Knife Expertise
    2 Tier1 (1) Undead Hunter
    3 Tier1 (2) Mist Stalker I
    4 Tier1 (1) Acrobatic
    5 Tier2 (2) Mist Stalker II
    6 Core ·(1) Knife Juggler
    7 Tier2 (1) Weapon Versatility
    8 Tier2 (1) Haste Boost
    9 Tier2 (1) Haste Boost
    10 Tier2 (1) Haste Boost
    11 Core ·(1) Quick Reflexes
    12 Tier3 (2) Mist Stalker III
    13 Tier3 (2) Gifted I: +1 Charisma
    14 Tier3 (2) Deadly Blades
    15 Tier1 (1) Acrobatic
    16 Tier4 (2) Mist Stalker IV
    17 Tier4 (1) Celerity

    Feydark Illusionist - Points spent: 11
    1 Core ·(1) Find Familiar: Illusory Sprite
    2 Tier1 (2) Illusory Weaponry
    3 Tier1 (1) Study the Arcane
    4 Tier1 (1) Study the Arcane
    5 Tier2 (2) You've Got My Back
    6 Core ·(2) Ability I: Charisma
    7 Tier1 (1) Study the Arcane
    8 Core ·(1) Greater Color Spray

    Epic Destinies
    Grandmaster of Flowers - Points spent: 37
    1 Core ·(1) Inner Focus
    2 Tier1 (1) Strike with Poise
    3 Tier1 (1) Strike with Poise
    4 Tier1 (1) Strike with Poise
    5 Tier1 (2) Serenity
    6 Tier2 (1) Calm before Storms
    7 Tier2 (1) Calm before Storms
    8 Tier2 (1) Calm before Storms
    9 Tier2 (1) Grandmaster Strikes: Orchid Blossom
    10 Tier2 (2) A Dance of Flowers
    11 Tier2 (2) Hail of Blows
    12 Core ·(1) Disciple of Material: Adamantine
    13 Tier3 (1) The Flickering Flame
    14 Tier3 (1) The Flickering Flame
    15 Tier3 (1) The Flickering Flame
    16 Core ·(1) Disciple of Morality: Evil
    17 Tier3 (1) Serene Mercy
    18 Tier4 (2) Epic Strike Upgrades: Blossoming Peace
    19 Tier3 (1) Serene Mercy
    20 Tier3 (1) Serene Mercy
    21 Tier1 (1) Disciple's Studies
    22 Tier1 (1) Disciple's Studies
    23 Tier1 (1) Disciple's Studies
    24 Tier3 (1) Strength of Stone
    25 Tier3 (1) Strength of Stone
    26 Tier3 (1) Strength of Stone
    27 Tier5 (1) Legendary Flurry of Blows
    28 Tier5 (1) Legendary Flurry of Blows
    29 Tier5 (1) Legendary Flurry of Blows
    30 Tier5 (2) Everything is Nothing
    31 Tier5 (2) Imposing Force

    Fatesinger - Points spent: 13
    1 Core ·(1) Fate Singer's Repertoire
    2 Tier1 (1) Jack of all trades
    3 Tier1 (1) Jack of all trades
    4 Tier1 (1) Jack of all trades
    5 Tier1 (2) Harmonic Resonance
    6 Tier1 (1) Tune of the Weave
    7 Tier1 (1) Tune of the Weave
    8 Tier1 (1) Tune of the Weave
    9 Core ·(1) Intoxicating Presence
    10 Tier3 (1) Reign
    11 Tier3 (1) Reign
    12 Tier3 (1) Reign

    Primal Avatar - Points spent: 3
    1 Core ·(1) This is your Nature: Heart
    2 Tier1 (2) Rejuvenation Cocoon


    Paladin Spells
    L1: Aid · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · Enchantment · · 16
    L1: Bless · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · Enchantment · · 16
    L1: Divine Favor· · · · · · · · · · · · · · Evocation · · · 14
    L1: Virtue· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · Transmutation · 14
    L2: Angelskin · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · Abjuration· · · 15
    L2: Bull's Strength · · · · · · · · · · · · Transmutation · 15
    L2: Resist Energy · · · · · · · · · · · · · Abjuration· · · 15
    L2: Righteous Command · · · · · · · · · · · Enchantment · · 17
    L3: Dispel Magic· · · · · · · · · · · · · · Abjuration· · · 16
    L3: Magic Circle Against Evil · · · · · · · Abjuration· · · 16
    L3: Prayer· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · Enchantment · · 18
    L3: Remove Curse· · · · · · · · · · · · · · Abjuration· · · 16
    L4: Death Ward· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · Transmutation · 17
    L4: Holy Sword· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · Evocation · · · 17
    L4: Neutralize Poison · · · · · · · · · · · Conjuration · · 17
    L4: Zeal· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · Transmutation · 17

    Spell Like / Special Abilities
    Lay on Hands
    Remove Disease
    Greater Color Spray
    Burst of Glacial Wrath
    Last edited by Dark_Lord_Mary; 12-02-2021 at 05:20 PM.

  2. #2
    Founder
    Guild Leader - Death Smile
    Dark_Lord_Mary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,404

    Default

    I played this build on HCL then on Sarlona for 3 paladin lives -

    MAX CHA works the best. Fatesinger is the best DPS destiny for this build hands down.

    This build is very survivable.

    Greater color spray AKA your Jedi Mind Trick works in R up to endgame Legendary content.

    I exclusively use my conjured lightsaber feydark blade which is CHA to hit and dmg inherently, the dmg is very good. The max CHA allows my lay hands to hit very hard, and allows my greater color spray to work as an effective CC from lvl 1 to 30.
    Last edited by Dark_Lord_Mary; 08-12-2021 at 02:46 PM.

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    85

    Default

    That is a marvelous build. I like how the theme ties in with useful skills and abilities, etc. It really meshes together.

    Kudos!
    I tried to create a signature with just my toon names on my main server and the list was too big to fit in the signature box. 45 toons on Orien. 250 total (as of 1/8/21).
    My name is Maidenstalker and I am an altoholic.

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    188

    Default Nice Hardcore build

    Hi, currently testing HC builds for season 5 and have just rolled a copy of your one! TYVM

    I don't have the extra racial or universal AP tomes... so I began thinking. I haven't played Paladin for years, and since my return to DDO a few years ago I have only been playing casually on and off. But the game inspires me with so many unique builds and the community is great [you+] as many share and propose different builds and playstyles.

    Initially, I thought, OK, I'll just lose 2 AP into Sacred Defender... no biggie. But then I thought about shortswords and longswords... as KotC tier 4 now provides Knight's Training; couple this with a longsword with an inherent improved critical profile (not many!) there would be a strong argument to take both CHA to Hit and Damage abilities from Feydark Illusionist. This could be achieved by either spending 12 AP or losing +1 CHA and taking the extra +1 save from Reality Bulwark.

    This got me thinking further... Hardcore is about survival (and get out of jail free cards). So I began thinking if I only spent 10 points into CHA at character creation (starting with an 18 CHA instead 20), this would free up 6 points that I could use elsewhere. Initially I thought of INT... 16 INT would allow the build to maximize Balance, Heal, UMD and Jump. This would be at the price of -1 to saves and UMD checks, less damage, less LoH heals and -1DC to Greater Color Spray. But I think it would be a good trade off.

    I scratched my head again... if I opted out of Shortswords as a Favored Weapon [Drow pre-requisite], I could take Longswords instead. Hmmm, this would let me choose Aasimar as my race. I could start with a 18 CHA (including +1 bonus from Bond of the Protector) and free up 3 points. If I also started on 14 CON, this would give me another 4 points to play around with in character creation:

    Aasimar Paladin 20 (32 point build)
    STR8 DEX8 CON16 INT12 WIS15 CHA18* would be one possibility,
    *including +1 CHA from Bond of the Protector
    This would be a -2 CHA version of your build, less damage with shortswords, but accessing longswords as Favored weapons with better than normal critical profile. The question in my mind is would Shortswords be the better option in Hardcore as it isn't guaranteed [unlikely even] I would pull a named Longsword with improved critical profile. The heroic Nightforge Avenger Blade is very solid upto Epics but the Illusionary Shortsword is extremely attractive in Hardcore. What to do?
    Enhancement Tree-wise, I'd initially go with KoTC 41 AP, Aasimar 7 AP and Feydark Illusionist 11 AP... leaving "only" 21 AP in Sacred Defender which means no tier 4 abilities.

    Getting into Epic levels, and with U51 in mind, by selecting one of the new caster Epic Destinies, you automatically get the Magical Training feat which would free up the Level 1 feat choice... so alternatively

    Drow Paladin 20 (28 point build)
    STR8 DEX14 CON14 INT12 WIS10 CHA18
    or
    Aasimar Paladin 20 (32 point build)
    STR8 DEX13 CON16 INT12 WIS10 CHA18*

    and swapping Magical Training for Precision just before levelling to 20.

    I can imagine that some players would opt for a Bladeforged variant, especially for Hardcore, though no precision option realistically.

    Anyway, thanks again for the build, and the inspiration... I think I'll try running both Drow and Aasimar variants to 20 by the end of the month to compare.

    EDIT for HC build testing, I generally run each character from 1 to 10 using no account resources (no plat, no items) and only joining a guild at level 10 to (sort of) replicate the early HC guilds lack of buffs. One of the funnier builds I've tried is Shadar-Kai FvS 1 Warlock 18 using Feydark Illusionary Shortsword.
    Last edited by Gnominal_Aphasia; 10-25-2021 at 09:03 AM.

  5. #5
    Community Member Hamalis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Greetings everyone, I'm new to the game and I have decided to use this build as my main character. I am level 14 at the moment, can you give me a detailed list on the bis gear for level 20?

  6. #6
    The Hatchery Kilnedric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    226

    Default

    For a returning player, can you explain why you can't offhand an orb? I don't see what is preventing that?

    Thanks!
    Ghallanda
    Thairos - ETRing Artificer * Khryll - 28 Clonk * Jarkxle - 28 Swashbuckler * Jaherian - 25 Druid

  7. #7
    Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    19,579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kilnedric View Post
    For a returning player, can you explain why you can't offhand an orb? I don't see what is preventing that?
    Offhand Versatility: "You gain special bonuses for fighting with specific things in your offhand while Single Weapon Fighting. If you have nothing in your offhand, your ability score modifier contributes 25% more to your melee damage. If you have an Orb or a Runearm in your Offhand, your Vorpal strikes cause you to gain Versatile Empowerment. Versatile Empowerment: Your spells automatically crit for the next 5 seconds. Cooldown: 20 seconds."
    Retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

  8. #8
    The Hatchery Kilnedric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Offhand Versatility: "You gain special bonuses for fighting with specific things in your offhand while Single Weapon Fighting. If you have nothing in your offhand, your ability score modifier contributes 25% more to your melee damage. If you have an Orb or a Runearm in your Offhand, your Vorpal strikes cause you to gain Versatile Empowerment. Versatile Empowerment: Your spells automatically crit for the next 5 seconds. Cooldown: 20 seconds."
    Thanks!
    Ghallanda
    Thairos - ETRing Artificer * Khryll - 28 Clonk * Jarkxle - 28 Swashbuckler * Jaherian - 25 Druid

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2022
    Posts
    1

    Default Wisdom for paladins

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Lord_Mary View Post
    MARY'S JEDI KNIGHT (Paladin)

    Updated for U51

    My Jedi Knight build is a very survivable, self-sufficient, R+ capable SWF Paladin.
    This build can solo E/R content.

    Your healing is a combination of Lay Hands, Potions, Wands, and spells.
    You want to run with potions/wands - especially at low level.
    You are CHA main stat therefore you take and use greater color spray/glacial wrath as crowd control
    Greater Color spray is your Jedi Mind Trick

    The play style is that of a Jedi Knight - you are a lawful defender of the ways of the Force - therefore you take magical training @ lvl 1 to get your conjured weapon.

    Your weapon is your lightsaber - the conjured feydark shortsword that improves as you level up.
    This weapon is inherently ghost touch @ lvl 1.

    You will wear heavy armor.
    Your off hand must be empty: no shield, no orb, nothing in your off hand
    Your mainstat is CHA - the conjured blade is CHA to hit/dmg automatically.
    Your deity selection will be Vulkoor, your favored weapons short swords.
    You must take the balance skill for Single Weapon Fighting

    This build stacks Spell Resistance (SR).
    There is a divergence in the DDO community, some love Spell Resist (SR) some players believe (SR) is useless. (SR) shields you from all non-damaging spells, unlike MRR which helps you mitigate damaging spells. So an enemy caster throws a fireball at you, that is your MRR. A second enemy caster casts hold person on you, that is your Spell Resistance - the Hold spell must first penetrate your spell resistance. To do this the enemy must succeed a spell penetration roll vs your Spell resistance; if the roll succeeds, your spell resistance shield is breached and you must then roll a saving throw vs the hold spell with whatever will save bonuses you have. But if however the enemy caster fails to penetrate your spell resistance, you see a blue shield effect and you are not affected by the spell at all - there is no saving throw roll needed. You are protected.

    Gear focus should be on CHA>CON>STR>WIS

    @ lvl 1 you want to spend your 1st action points getting your Illusory weapon from Feydark.
    Make sure you conjure a new one after you level up as they get more powerful as you level.

    @ lvl 6 you take quicken for your color spray for CCing mobs and reapers - because you are CHA mainstat your DC will be effective. You can boost it with the illusion necklace from Ravenloft though i recommend wearing the part of the family set from sharn @ 15.

    This build is displayed as a 28 point 1st life friendly build -
    players with multiple life characters will be stronger than displayed.

    Character name: Mary's Jedi Knight (Updaded for U51)
    Classes: 20 Paladin, 10 Epic
    Race: Drow
    Alignment: Lawful Good

    Required for Mary's Jedi Knight build as displayed:
    Drow
    Feydark Illusionist Tree
    Vistani Knife Fighter Tree
    Inherent Racial Action Point
    Inherent Universal Action Point
    Tome of Destiny (feywild)


    · · ·Start Tome Final
    Str:· · ·8· · 0 · ·12
    Dex:· · 10· · 0 · ·10
    Con:· · 14· · 0 · ·14
    Int:· · 10· · 0 · ·10
    Wis:· · 10· · 0 · ·10
    Cha:· · 20· · 0 · ·37
    SR: 25
    Immunities: Sleep, Natural Disease, Magical Disease, Super-Natural Disease, Fear, Magic Missiles, Energy Drain, Fear, Level Drain, Slippery Surfaces, Falling Damage, Most forms of Knockdown, Death effect, Level drain

    Saves:
    Fortitude:· · · · ·37
    · vs Poison:· · · ·37
    · vs Disease: · · ·37
    Will: · · · · · · ·31*
    · vs Enchantment: ·39*
    · vs Illusion:· · ·31*
    · vs Fear:· · · · ·42*
    · vs Curse: · · · ·31*
    Reflex: · · · · · ·29
    · vs Traps: · · · ·29
    · vs Spell: · · · ·31
    · vs Magic: · · · ·29
    Marked with a * is no fail on a 1 if required DC met

    Class and Feat Selection
    Level Class · · · · · ·Feats
    1 · · Paladin(1)· · · ·Standard: Magical Training
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Follower of Faith: Follower of Vulkoor
    2 · · Paladin(2)· · · ·
    3 · · Paladin(3)· · · ·Standard: Single Weapon Fighting
    4 · · Paladin(4)· · · ·Charisma: +1 Level up
    5 · · Paladin(5)· · · ·
    6 · · Paladin(6)· · · ·Standard: Quicken Spell
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Deity: Vulkoor's Avatar
    7 · · Paladin(7)· · · ·
    8 · · Paladin(8)· · · ·Charisma: +1 Level up
    9 · · Paladin(9)· · · ·Standard: Improved Single Weapon Fighting
    10· · Paladin(10) · · ·
    11· · Paladin(11) · · ·
    12· · Paladin(12) · · ·Standard: Improved Critical: Piercing Weapons
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Charisma: +1 Level up
    13· · Paladin(13) · · ·
    14· · Paladin(14) · · ·
    15· · Paladin(15) · · ·Standard: Greater Single Weapon Fighting
    16· · Paladin(16) · · ·Charisma: +1 Level up
    17· · Paladin(17) · · ·
    18· · Paladin(18) · · ·Standard: Offhand Versatility
    19· · Paladin(19) · · ·
    20· · Paladin(20) · · ·Charisma: +1 Level up
    21· · Epic(1) · · · · ·Epic Feat: Overwhelming Critical
    22· · Epic(2) · · · · ·Epic Destiny Feat: Perfect Single Weapon Fighting
    23· · Epic(3) · · · · ·
    24· · Epic(4) · · · · ·Epic Feat: Burst of Glacial Wrath
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Charisma: +1 Level up
    25· · Epic(5) · · · · ·Epic Destiny Feat: Doublestrike
    26· · Epic(6) · · · · ·
    27· · Epic(7) · · · · ·Epic Feat: Child of Faith
    28· · Epic(8) · · · · ·Epic Destiny Feat: Elusive Target
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Charisma: +1 Level up
    29· · Epic(9) · · · · ·
    30· · Epic(10)· · · · ·Epic Feat: Beloved of the Divine
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Legendary: Scion of the Feywild

    Skills
    Balance · · · · · 2 ·½· ½ ·½· ½ ·½· ½ ·½· ½ ·½· ½ ·½· ½ ·½· ½ ·½· ½ ·½· ½ · · ·11.0 · 31.0
    Tumble· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·1· · 1.0 · 21.0
    Use Magic Device· 2 ·½· ½ ·½· ½ ·½· ½ ·½· ½ ·½· ½ ·½· ½ ·½· ½ ·½· ½ ·½· ½ · · ·11.0 · 42.0


    Enhancements: 80 APs, Racial 1, Universal 1
    Drow - Points spent: 7
    1 Core ·(1) Spell Resistance I
    2 Core ·(2) Ability I: +1 Charisma
    3 Core ·(1) Spell Resistance II
    4 Core ·(2) Ability II: +1 Charisma
    5 Core ·(1) Spell Resistance III

    Knight of the Chalice - Points spent: 41
    1 Core ·(1) Slayer of Evil I
    2 Tier1 (2) Holy Combatant I
    3 Tier1 (1) Extra Smite
    4 Tier1 (1) Extra Smite
    5 Core ·(1) Courage of Heaven
    6 Tier2 (2) Adept Combatant
    7 Tier2 (1) Divine Might
    8 Tier2 (1) Divine Might
    9 Tier2 (1) Divine Might
    10 Tier3 (2) Exalted Smite: Exalted Smite
    11 Tier3 (2) Ability I: +1 Charisma
    12 Tier3 (2) Holy Combatant II
    13 Tier3 (2) Exalted Smite: Exalted Smite
    14 Tier3 (2) Exalted Smite: Exalted Smite
    15 Tier4 (2) Ability II: +1 Charisma
    16 Tier4 (1) Censure Demons
    17 Core ·(1) Slayer of Evil II
    18 Core ·(1) Improved Courage of Heaven
    19 Tier4 (2) Knight's Training
    20 Tier4 (2) Vigor of Life I
    21 Tier5 (1) Holy Retribution: Holy Retribution
    22 Core ·(1) Slayer of Evil III
    23 Tier5 (2) Ascendancy
    24 Tier5 (1) Censure Outsiders
    25 Tier5 (2) Vigor of Life II
    26 Tier2 (1) Critical Mastery
    27 Tier2 (1) Critical Mastery
    28 Tier2 (1) Critical Mastery
    29 Core ·(1) Champion of Good

    Vistani Knife Fighter - Points spent: 23
    1 Core ·(1) Knife Expertise
    2 Tier1 (1) Undead Hunter
    3 Tier1 (2) Mist Stalker I
    4 Tier1 (1) Acrobatic
    5 Tier2 (2) Mist Stalker II
    6 Core ·(1) Knife Juggler
    7 Tier2 (1) Weapon Versatility
    8 Tier2 (1) Haste Boost
    9 Tier2 (1) Haste Boost
    10 Tier2 (1) Haste Boost
    11 Core ·(1) Quick Reflexes
    12 Tier3 (2) Mist Stalker III
    13 Tier3 (2) Gifted I: +1 Charisma
    14 Tier3 (2) Deadly Blades
    15 Tier1 (1) Acrobatic
    16 Tier4 (2) Mist Stalker IV
    17 Tier4 (1) Celerity

    Feydark Illusionist - Points spent: 11
    1 Core ·(1) Find Familiar: Illusory Sprite
    2 Tier1 (2) Illusory Weaponry
    3 Tier1 (1) Study the Arcane
    4 Tier1 (1) Study the Arcane
    5 Tier2 (2) You've Got My Back
    6 Core ·(2) Ability I: Charisma
    7 Tier1 (1) Study the Arcane
    8 Core ·(1) Greater Color Spray

    Epic Destinies
    Grandmaster of Flowers - Points spent: 37
    1 Core ·(1) Inner Focus
    2 Tier1 (1) Strike with Poise
    3 Tier1 (1) Strike with Poise
    4 Tier1 (1) Strike with Poise
    5 Tier1 (2) Serenity
    6 Tier2 (1) Calm before Storms
    7 Tier2 (1) Calm before Storms
    8 Tier2 (1) Calm before Storms
    9 Tier2 (1) Grandmaster Strikes: Orchid Blossom
    10 Tier2 (2) A Dance of Flowers
    11 Tier2 (2) Hail of Blows
    12 Core ·(1) Disciple of Material: Adamantine
    13 Tier3 (1) The Flickering Flame
    14 Tier3 (1) The Flickering Flame
    15 Tier3 (1) The Flickering Flame
    16 Core ·(1) Disciple of Morality: Evil
    17 Tier3 (1) Serene Mercy
    18 Tier4 (2) Epic Strike Upgrades: Blossoming Peace
    19 Tier3 (1) Serene Mercy
    20 Tier3 (1) Serene Mercy
    21 Tier1 (1) Disciple's Studies
    22 Tier1 (1) Disciple's Studies
    23 Tier1 (1) Disciple's Studies
    24 Tier3 (1) Strength of Stone
    25 Tier3 (1) Strength of Stone
    26 Tier3 (1) Strength of Stone
    27 Tier5 (1) Legendary Flurry of Blows
    28 Tier5 (1) Legendary Flurry of Blows
    29 Tier5 (1) Legendary Flurry of Blows
    30 Tier5 (2) Everything is Nothing
    31 Tier5 (2) Imposing Force

    Fatesinger - Points spent: 13
    1 Core ·(1) Fate Singer's Repertoire
    2 Tier1 (1) Jack of all trades
    3 Tier1 (1) Jack of all trades
    4 Tier1 (1) Jack of all trades
    5 Tier1 (2) Harmonic Resonance
    6 Tier1 (1) Tune of the Weave
    7 Tier1 (1) Tune of the Weave
    8 Tier1 (1) Tune of the Weave
    9 Core ·(1) Intoxicating Presence
    10 Tier3 (1) Reign
    11 Tier3 (1) Reign
    12 Tier3 (1) Reign

    Primal Avatar - Points spent: 3
    1 Core ·(1) This is your Nature: Heart
    2 Tier1 (2) Rejuvenation Cocoon


    Paladin Spells
    L1: Aid · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · Enchantment · · 16
    L1: Bless · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · Enchantment · · 16
    L1: Divine Favor· · · · · · · · · · · · · · Evocation · · · 14
    L1: Virtue· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · Transmutation · 14
    L2: Angelskin · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · Abjuration· · · 15
    L2: Bull's Strength · · · · · · · · · · · · Transmutation · 15
    L2: Resist Energy · · · · · · · · · · · · · Abjuration· · · 15
    L2: Righteous Command · · · · · · · · · · · Enchantment · · 17
    L3: Dispel Magic· · · · · · · · · · · · · · Abjuration· · · 16
    L3: Magic Circle Against Evil · · · · · · · Abjuration· · · 16
    L3: Prayer· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · Enchantment · · 18
    L3: Remove Curse· · · · · · · · · · · · · · Abjuration· · · 16
    L4: Death Ward· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · Transmutation · 17
    L4: Holy Sword· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · Evocation · · · 17
    L4: Neutralize Poison · · · · · · · · · · · Conjuration · · 17
    L4: Zeal· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · Transmutation · 17

    Spell Like / Special Abilities
    Lay on Hands
    Remove Disease
    Greater Color Spray
    Burst of Glacial Wrath
    Question: why does everyone put only 10 points into wisdom for their paladins? Does this not prevent them from casting their divine spells? Minimum wisdom 10+spell level? What am I missing. Thanks.

  10. #10
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adamantiax View Post
    Question: why does everyone put only 10 points into wisdom for their paladins? Does this not prevent them from casting their divine spells? Minimum wisdom 10+spell level? What am I missing. Thanks.
    i dont even go 10 i go 8



    but the reasoning is that you just need that wis to cast it and it can be satisfied with tomes, items guild buffs bards etc

  11. #11
    Community Member C-Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7,488

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adamantiax View Post
    Question: why does everyone put only 10 points into wisdom for their paladins? Does this not prevent them from casting their divine spells? Minimum wisdom 10+spell level? What am I missing. Thanks.
    Any item, potion or other "+Wisdom" effect (including the +2 Guild Buffs) can do the job - it's your active Wisdom, not your base Wisdom, that matters.

    You can even swap-equip a +Wis item to cast, then swap back out to "fighting gear" - altho' not having Cure X Wound spells handy could be problematic.

    Many Ranger builds, and melee casters, do the same thing.

  12. #12
    Miss Stabby Stabby Zavina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    606

    Default

    Thought I'd add onto this. Been running this for HC S6.

    It's a different build to say the least.

    The feyblade that's summoned, here is it at 15 with Holy Sword.

    Orien: Level 400 Cannith Crafter
    (*) - Crafter Advert for Orien
    Guild Leader, Old Curiosity Shop
    "The 'forever' rogue"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload