Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default U50 Preview 1: Main Thread

Disclaimer
    Everything seen on the preview server, Lamannia, is not final and is subject to change or removal before live release.

Hello, all! Preview 1 of Update 50 is open! It is expected to remain open until sometime in the afternoon (Eastern) of Thursday June 24th.

This preview contains the following features:

In addition to those primary features it also contains the following miscellaneous changes and bugfixes:

Character
    • Paladin: Knight of the Chalice: The T3 ranged attack was sharing its name with a T5 ability (both called "Avenging Shot"); it has had its name fixed to be "Exalted Shot", matching its melee counterpart.
    • Falconry: Meticulous Weaponry now anti-requisites with other forms of Item Defense.
    • Eldritch Knight's Item Defense (both versions) now give the listed amount of Item Defense.
    • Burst of Glacial wrath now works on everything, rather than erroneously excluding certain monsters.
    • Poison Damage Resistance now properly reduces Poison Damage
    • Shadar-Kai Iconic has been updated. They now get their first Chain Attack ability as an innate racial feat, and both Chain Attacks are now melee attacks requiring a light weapon in your Main hand. A more full explanation can be seen in this thread: Shadar Kai
    • Radiant Servant has had many changes. A more full explanation can be seen in this thread: Radiant Servant
    • The Aura of Courage buff from the Knight of the Chalice capstone now reliably applies to all party members
      Rogue: Thief Acrobat: Sweeping Strikes now correctly factors in your Trip DC
    • Druids now get Protection from Elements Mass as a level 7 spell

Items
    • Guild Augments have now been fully deprecated.
      • You can no longer buy Guild Augments from Vendors.
      • Existing Guild Augments can no longer be slotted. They can be sold back to vendors for gold.
      • Items that had Guild Augment slots now have a Colorless Augment Slot in its place. (Unless that item is, somehow, a Quiver, in which case it will not be replaced by anything, sorry).
      • If you have an item with a Guild Augment currently in it, it will retain that Guild Augment until it expires, at which time the slot will be replaced by a Colorless Augment Slot.
      • (Please note that items in auction houses and account banks may not lose the Guild Augment Slot and gain the Colorless Augment Slot until they leave those spaces).
    • Siberys Spirit Cake can now be used by raging players to resurrect their dead friends.
    • Lootgen Docents (and some other older Docents) should once more display their correct base appearance.
    • Weapons that do non-mundane damage such as Flameblades or Celestia now correctly interact with DR and resistances.
    • Trap the Soul now requires a standalone special component, called a Khyber Dragonshard, that is found in shops wherever high quality spell components may be found. This component works for all variations of Trap the Soul.

Quests
    • Monsters will no longer cast persistent spells like wall of fire, or CC spells like sound burst in rapid succession.
      Barovia is a dangerous place, and the Abbey of Saint Markovia is no exception. Those who seek safety may not always find it.
    • Removed some NPC's from Meridia that were not meant to be there.

Miscellaneous
    • Changes have been made to the spellcasting system that make casting spells more reliably. This may prevent dry firing of spells in certain situations.
    • Hirelings will now cast their spells more reliably when directed to do so
    • Fixed an issue where trying to swap out of a missile weapon into a melee weapon wouldn't queue properly
    • Patron Reward feats should now consistently remain on you through Lesser and Epic Reincarnation.
    • Icons for certain drow damage over time poisons have been set to actually look like poison.
    • When viewing a monster's HP through selection (due to having the appropriate Monster Manual reward for that monster type), the percentage HP of that monster will now be shown in parenthesis next to their current and max HP
      Formatting for the percentage HP for your party members has been adjusted slightly to better take advantage of available space
    • Half Elves have had a cosmetic revamp.
    • Monster perception range is now slightly smaller (this may not apply to raid bosses or custom bosses)
    • Saving throws on all epic monsters on elite and hard have been reduced.
    • The Legendary II monster boosts have been removed.

Known Issues
    • Docents that have had old cosmetic appearance potions applied are not currently showing those appearances; this will be fixed before it goes live.
    Last edited by Cocomajobo; 06-22-2021 at 01:10 PM.

Reserved Post

OK, if the Bullywug dance changes when U50 hits live, we RIOT!
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • Keep Lynnabel on task with updating the remaining legacy named loot to not suck. (OK, the S/S/S update and stat squish accomplished a lot of this goal.) I know you're tired Lynn, but give us an update to CitW and Gianthold loots after you get the Legendary Desert loot done!
    • All the flipping stuck at a zone in screens! (Lynn is claiming that he and Niac are on this!)
    • Change the stack size of filigree in the shared bank to 50. The 5 stack makes the shared bank worthless for storing filigree in a human usable manner.
    • Fixing why I don't connect to the chat server for 5 minutes when I log into a game world.
    • Fixing the wonky Lightning Sphere and Tactical Det firing by converting them to use alchemist spell arcing.
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.

Community Member

After a quick read, the adjustments (improvements) to the ML:20 s/s/s items; the new ML:20 Saltmarsh loot; and the downward adjustments in mob power sound like they'll make the jump in difficulty from heroic 19 to epic 20 less severe, and therefore make the loss in level 20 power for maxed out characters a little more palatable.

At least theoretically...

just a little off the top, please
    Kil Glory
    30 alchemist
    HOW
    Sarlona

If all this become true, good job!

Really.

Good job.
    No fun, no $$$

Default Feels like Christmas

It feels like so many of my ddo wants are coming true with this pass. All the old gear that was outdated by the time I started (around 09) is getting a fresh coat of paint and is worth me looking at to see if it actually fits my builds better than what I have now. The S/S/S system is getting a fresh facelift and items are changing to be relevant again, and on top of that there are going to be level 30 versions of the old s/s/s items? its Christmas. Its a Christmas in July XD.
    Depending on how well the player vs monster nerfs are balanced, I might even manage to get some friends to come back to ddo for at least a little bit.

Devs, you have gotten my hopes way way way up, please follow through well. I keep coming back to this game because it's awesome, and it feels like your going to bring back some of what made it awesome. Good luck and I hope everything goes well!
    World - Khyber
    Main - Starcandra
    Guild - Baatezu INC

Now that it's hit lam for testing, is there going to be preorders opening up for Saltmash mini-expansion soon or is it just gonna be day 1 sales for it?

Community Member

Default Bug with Frogo

After Frogo drank what looked like an potion ( Blue regen numbers overhead), he got stuck in what looks like an animation loop of drinking the potion. He keeps chugging and chugging.
    I then went into combat and he approached the enimies but did not attack all while looping through the chugging animation.
    The animation stopped when he croaked and then proceeded to continue with the animation when i resurrected him.
    Last edited by thaddeus9; 06-22-2021 at 03:55 PM.

I'm a bit worried update 50&51 might be too much. You're dramatically changing a lot of systems that probably require a tones of hours to revamp. Changes make sense, but do you have enough time to assure us it won't be one, huge bugs and no balance fest?

Quote Originally Posted by rabidfox View Post
    Now that it's hit lam for testing, is there going to be preorders opening up for Saltmash mini-expansion soon or is it just gonna be day 1 sales for it?
    You really think this is a good time to start pre-orders?

Cheers,
    Titus.
    Playing since 2010 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher DDO Discord | Orien Raiding Discord | Toons: Titus Ovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

Quote Originally Posted by Gniewomir View Post
    I'm a bit worried update 50&51 might be too much. You're dramatically changing a lot of systems that probably require a tones of hours to revamp. Changes make sense, but do you have enough time to assure us it won't be one, huge bugs and no balance fest?
    By their track record? A definite no.

I would like to lobby for several minor updates to implement one change at a time. SSG seriously, you bite off more than you can chew.

Cheers,
    Titus.
    Playing since 2010 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher DDO Discord | Orien Raiding Discord | Toons: Titus Ovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

Quote Originally Posted by TitusOvid View Post
    You really think this is a good time to start pre-orders?
    I like to know pricing in advanced; and what all might be offered with different tiers of the offerings. When/if I buy it is a different story, but knowing what they're going to be asking for it isn't a bad thing; and timewise, we've got to be getting fairly close to u50 dropping- maybe what, 1 or 2 other lam passes (if that) away?

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    [*]Changes have been made to the spellcasting system that make casting spells more reliably. This may prevent dry firing of spells in certain situations.
    Hopefully other situations of dry fires will get fixed over time; had a Flame of the Favored go on cooldown without the spell casting. Not sure if other spells were having issues too, but it's hard to not notice a 30-sec cooldown on a big fire wall. It's also hard to tell on lam as it never seems to perform quite the same as the live servers do.

Community Member

I am glad to see fresh lower epic level items. Every time Severlin was on the DDO stream with Cordovan I kept asking , please can we get lower epic level gear that can get us to our lvl 29 30 gear. So many people would just wear their level 15 gear all the way to 29 because it was better than trying to fit in a couple pieces from broderlands, or the Twelve, or Catacombs.. There were decent pieces from each of those places for lower epic, but there wasnt anything you could group together along with level 15 set item stuff. Its good to see set item named stuff in the lower epic now. TY
    You are welcome to follow me on Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/cmecu_grogerian OR https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL5...4Db-RhwMsZBedQ
    Also Friday Nights 8pm EST Brock and Friends DDO Stream https://www.twitch.tv/ddostream

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gniewomir View Post
    I think about that too. With current bugs, lag, broken stuff, how will all of that be affected with new stuff out that will also more than likely be buggy and have issues. Now all the older bugs will be pushed even further back.
    You are welcome to follow me on Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/cmecu_grogerian OR https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL5...4Db-RhwMsZBedQ
    Also Friday Nights 8pm EST Brock and Friends DDO Stream https://www.twitch.tv/ddostream

Changes have been made to the spellcasting system that make casting spells more reliably. This may prevent dry firing of spells in certain situations.

some feedback here, i took my DC sorc build (the fastest caster setup that is possible to be built) that consistently has "dry fire" spells on live servers.

this setup, even when surrounded by monsters preforms much better now, instead of having a "dry fire" it now just takes around 2-3 seconds for the spell to go off (this happened several times with PK and Finger of death)

I got less errors about not facing your target then live as well, but still got some even when i was clearly facing the target. I would say a reduction of about 30%.

also these tests were late at night when less than 30 people were online in lammania, lag was low.

hope this helps, but until it hits live with all the lag and the other people in group all doing stuff, we wont truly know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    Learn from Zappy, he knows what he is doing on an arcane.
    Khyber server: Plague Winds
    Tank Gotta Go Fast-Shanayney - over 156 Reaper points
    Survivable Healer-Sahanna

Quote Originally Posted by rabidfox View Post
    I like to know pricing in advanced; and what all might be offered with different tiers of the offerings. When/if I buy it is a different story, but knowing what they're going to be asking for it isn't a bad thing; and timewise, we've got to be getting fairly close to u50 dropping- maybe what, 1 or 2 other lam passes (if that) away?
    You are right, ofc it would be good. If I remember correctly Sharn was about 2 month in advance?!

Cheers,
    Titus.

• Items that had Guild Augment slots now have a Colorless Augment Slot in its place.
    could certainly do

tiny -> colorless
    small -> colored
    medium -> colored & colorless
    large -> two colored

would make me feel like I get something out of my old augment items instead of

situationally useful item -> trash

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Removed some NPC's from Meridia that were not meant to be there.
    I still wonder who may be that ?
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast