Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default U50 Preview 1: New Augments

Disclaimer
    Everything seen on the preview server, Lamannia, is not final and is subject to change or removal before live release.

Update 50 is expected to contain the following new augments. During this preview you can easily access this loot via "The Loot Guy" NPC located in the center of the Test Dojo.

Citrene of Greater Dragonmarks
    • Minimum Level: 28
    • Binding: Bound to Account
    • Color: Orange
    • Effect Granted: Drag this augment into a slot to upgrade an item to grant +1 Greater Dragonmark charges.

Clearwater Diamond
    • Minimum Level: 4
    • Color: Colorless
    • Effect Granted: Drag this augment into a slot to upgrade an item to grant 1 Positive Healing ever minute.

Diamond of the Magi
    • Effect Granted: Drag this augment into a slot to updrade an item to provide a +100 Insight bonus to Maximum Spell Points.

Emerald of Greater Rage
    • Color: Green
    • Effect Granted: Drag this augment into a slot to upgrade an item to grant +3 Rage Charges.

Emerald of Greater Smiting
    • Color: Drag this augment into a slot to upgrade an item to grant +3 Smite Evil charges.
    • Effect Granted: Green

Sapphire of Good Luck +1
    • Color: Blue
    • Effect Granted: Drag this augment into a slot to upgrade an item to provide a +1 Luck bonus to Saving Throws and Skill Checks.

Sapphire of Good Luck +3
    • Effect Granted: Drag this augment into a slot to upgrade an item to provide a +3 Luck bonus to Saving Throws and Skill Checks.

Topaz of Lesser Dragonmarks
    • Color: Yellow
    • Effect Granted: Drag this augment into a slot to upgrade an item to grant +1 Lesser Dragonmark charges.

Topaz of Minor Rage
    • Effect Granted: Drag this augment into a slot to upgrade an item to grant +1 Rage charges.

Topaz of Minor Smiting
    • Effect Granted: Drag this augment into a slot to upgrade an item to grant +1 Smite Evil charges.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Good Luck +1 already exists, are you just lowering the ML of the existing augment? (and will it be retroactive like previous augment changes?)

Also can we get the generic common augments introduced with Feywild such as Damage, Accuracy, Tactics, Spell Pen, and Dodge added to collectible and Mysterious Remnant Vendors and the DDO store please? Pretty please?
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post

Citrine

Clearwater Diamond
    • Effect Granted: Drag this augment into a slot to upgrade an item to grant 1 Positive Healing ever minute.

Does this stack with itself on multiple items? Meh...feels like this is an effect that stopped being useful for anyone 10 years ago

• Color: Drag this augment into a slot to upgrade an item to grant +3 Smite Evil charges.

I dont know if I've ever seen items with a "Drag this augment into a slot to upgrade an item to grant +3 Smite Evil charges."-colored slot.

What does the Green effect do?

Meh...I still really want to see Dragonmarks converted from charges to standard SLAs, like Gnomes were introduced with. I just dont think they're worth the feat and AP cost as they are. Though I guess the extra Cures/Heals will be useful for Jorasco builds.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Also can we get the generic common augments introduced with Feywild such as Damage, Accuracy, Tactics, Spell Pen, and Dodge added to collectible and Mysterious Remnant Vendors and the DDO store please? Pretty please?
    Yes, this. The laudable work being done on new Augments is largely going to waste because they're so inaccessible in game. L28 augments are one thing, there's enough activity at that level range to support a player-based exchange for those. But everything else needs to be on a vendor somewhere, or else it's only going to make a difference for like the 1% of players that happen to get a useful one to drop.

Alternatively, increase the drop rate greatly for Augments in Heroic so they drop more often, or add some kind of Augment Lottery mechanic where you can buy a random non-vendor Augment at a certain level range, if you're reticent to just post them up directly for sale on vendors. Maybe in exchange for Heroic Keep ingots for L1, Ferrocrystal for L4, Heroic Vistani tokens for L8, Heroic GH mats for L12, Heroic Sharn mats for L16, Epic Keep for L20, Epic GH for L24

Hero
    ([ ]'.')>-{===> <( ;..; <)

What's the idea behind regenerate? I feel like I'm missing something about it... Like a few HP every minute doesn't really seem like it'll be of any use

Vampirism is better than regen...and it should be sapphire or amethyst (purple only) for sp ruby for hp

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council
    2017-2021 PC Member

• Color: Orange
    • Effect Granted: Drag this augment into a slot to upgrade an item to grant +1 Greater Dragonmark charges.
    Underwhelming, especially at L28. Should be multiple charges (probably 3, similar to Rage and Smiting), and possibly all Dragonmark levels (or Lesser and Greater). If nothing else, there's an ML18 set bonus that gives +2 Greater Dragonmark charges

Clearwater Diamond
    So... Rejuvenation. Which... is basically worthless.

Diamond of the Magi
    • Effect Granted: Drag this augment into a slot to updrade an item to provide a +100 Insight bonus to Maximum Spell Points.

Emerald of Greater Rage
    • Color: Green
    • Effect Granted: Drag this augment into a slot to upgrade an item to grant +3 Rage Charges.

These are good - once I noticed that the spellpoints was Insightful at least lol

Sapphire of Good Luck +1
    • Effect Granted: Drag this augment into a slot to upgrade an item to provide a +1 Luck bonus to Saving Throws and Skill Checks.
    ...What about the current ML12 Sapphire of Good Luck? Not that I'm complaining, mind, but... seriously, what happens with those?

Sapphire of Good Luck +3
    • Effect Granted: Drag this augment into a slot to upgrade an item to provide a +3 Luck bonus to Saving Throws and Skill Checks.
    Actually follows the current progression of +1 at 12 & +2 at 20 so good.

• Effect Granted: Drag this augment into a slot to upgrade an item to grant +1 Lesser Dragonmark charges.
    Should maybe grant +1 Lesser *and* Least? IDK, I don't actually do dragonmarks much so no idea how many people typically get.

Topaz of Minor Rage
    • Effect Granted: Drag this augment into a slot to upgrade an item to grant +1 Rage charges.

Topaz of Minor Smiting
    • Effect Granted: Drag this augment into a slot to upgrade an item to grant +1 Smite Evil charges.
    Very nice.

One thing, though... I know that augments are usually a multiple of 4; however, you have broken that pattern in the past (ML6, ML11, ML14, ML22, ML25, and ML30 augs) and I feel at least some of the heroic ones should break the pattern as well, given they're dropping in content with ML3 items. Getting an ML6 augment in Feywild and then not being able to slot it in the ML5 Feywild items without screwing them really kinda sucked (especially since they don't list "AML due to higher-level augment" anymore). You either need another, "clean", item for level 5, or just not use that item until level 6, either of which is irksome. Please consider breaking this pattern once more with these named augments
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Founder
    Guild Leader - Death Smile

The Augment Summoning augment needs to have its minimum level reduced greatly to be useful - lvl 28 is not at all useful because summons are generally useless @ that lvl.

Having the augment be min lvl 4 would be extremely useful because it is the very low levels where summons help.

Founder
    Guild Leader - Death Smile

The entire dragonmark system needs to be rethought and redesigned - especially to accommodate kalashtars and changelings - all of the existing dragonmarks need to be removed from racials as 'buys' and made passives to the race - halflings need to be able to 'summon raptor' as a racial and have access to ride a raptor as an exclusive racial mount. Each race should have an exclusive racial mount that is in the Eberron or Forgetten Realms Lore.

the old dragonmark system is too expensive and does very little to justify taking up 1/4th of the racial tree against the other newer races who have 4 full trees of very useful things.

Thumbs up

LOL you beat me to it!

Come on SSG, get this sorted. It's now ridiculously overdue!

Community Member

They garbage in majority anyway because non-stacable with current equipment because provide erroneously wrong bonus type. Z.B., Accuracy aug must provide Enhancement bonus, but provide Equipment bonus really and absolutely useless therefore, same about Spell Pen etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfo View Post
    They garbage in majority anyway because non-stacable with current equipment because provide erroneously wrong bonus type. Z.B., Accuracy aug must provide Enhancement bonus, but provide Equipment bonus really and absolutely useless therefore, same about Spell Pen etc.
    I'm curious why you think they ought to stack? As I understood them they are meant to "augment" your equipment with effects you couldn't fit in otherwise. If they stacked with your equipment that would just make them mandatory, wouldn't it?

We need less "types" of stacking bonuses, not more.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Lord_Mary View Post
    The Augment Summoning augment needs to have its minimum level reduced greatly to be useful - lvl 28 is not at all useful because summons are generally useless @ that lvl.

Having the augment be min lvl 4 would be extremely useful because it is the very low levels where summons help.
    That & the feat is required to get the epic feat so if you wanted it then you probably would want the epic feat I feel like it should not be a copy of the feat but a stacking bonus to make it worth a slot of

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    What does the Green effect do?
    Cocomajobo's formatting and presentation has been exceptional overall. I think we can allow them this one error(But just this one! -.-)

--------

-Not sure what the regeneration augment's purpose is. Maybe it helps unconscious, but not yet dead, players make a comeback? I still think it could be more useful like: 1 positive healing per minute+5 temp hp.

-Also think the additional Dragonmark augments can just apply to all Dragonmarks at level 4. Level 28 for +1 Greater Dragonmark use is...underwhelming.

-We need better nomenclature to distinguish between smiting constructs/evil.

Community Member

will there be an augment for turn uses too? that would be awesome!

Dimwater Diamond

Minimum Level: 1
    Binding: Bound to Account
    Color: Colorless
    Effect Granted: Drag this augment into a slot to upgrade an item to do nothing every minute.
    Arlandina / Bayanessa / Smallsword of Argonnessen

That clearwater diamond, does that do a heal spell once a minute? If so a bit op for that level.
    If it does 1 hp per minute.... waaaaaaaaaay underpowered.

Would also like to see Grannies of Command of various levels.

Community Member

Lol so much hate for the clearwater diamond.

I haven't run regeneration in a while but when I did in heroics years ago it's saved me a lot of times. It's basically a lesser version of the Die Hard feat.

Maybe uber reaper toons have zero chance of dying/getting incap these days but newer/weaker toons and players can still die.

Also, I'd imagine it's an automatic slot if you pull one on the Hardcore server.
    Last edited by zooble; 06-23-2021 at 06:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zooble View Post
    Lol so much hate for the clearwater diamond.

I haven't run regeneration in a while but when I did in heroics years ago it's saved me a lot of times. It's basically a lesser version of the Die Hard feat.

Maybe uber reaper toons have zero chance of dying/getting incap these days but newer/weaker toons and players can still die.

Also, I'd imagine it's an automatic slot if you pull one on the Hardcore server.
    That was before. Currently the sources of continuous healing stop working when you fall into negative hps. Now it happens with everything: items, auras (clercis, PM), epic abilities...

Judge the usefulness of an item that gives you 1 positive heal, only if you are at 0+ hp. It seems useless to me, but you can think differently.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast