Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default U50 Preview 2: Main Thread

Disclaimer
    Everything seen on the preview server, Lamannia, is not final and is subject to change or removal before live release.

Hello, all! Preview 2 of Update 50 is open! It is expected to remain open until sometime in the afternoon (Eastern) of Friday July 16th.

There will be a dev event on Thursday July 15th from 8-10 PM Eastern where members of the DDO team will be available to collect feedback and answer questions in real-time on Lamannia.

This preview contains the following features:

In addition to those primary features it also contains the following miscellaneous changes and bugfixes:

Character
    • Paladin: Knight of the Chalice: The T3 ranged attack was sharing its name with a T5 ability (both called "Avenging Shot"); it has had its name fixed to be "Exalted Shot", matching its melee counterpart.
    • Falconry: Meticulous Weaponry now anti-requisites with other forms of Item Defense.
    • Eldritch Knight's Item Defense (both versions) now give the listed amount of Item Defense.
    • Burst of Glacial wrath now works on everything, rather than erroneously excluding certain monsters.
    • Poison Damage Resistance now properly reduces Poison Damage
    • Shadar-Kai Iconic has been updated. They now get their first Chain Attack ability as an innate racial feat, and both Chain Attacks are now melee attacks requiring a light weapon in your Main hand. A more full explanation can be seen in this thread: Shadar Kai
    • Radiant Servant has had many changes. A more full explanation can be seen in this thread: Radiant Servant
    • The Aura of Courage buff from the Knight of the Chalice capstone now reliably applies to all party members
      Rogue: Thief Acrobat: Sweeping Strikes now correctly factors in your Trip DC
    • Druids now get Protection from Elements Mass as a level 7 spell

Items
    • Guild Augments have now been fully deprecated.
      • You can no longer buy Guild Augments from Vendors.
      • Existing Guild Augments can no longer be slotted. They can be sold back to vendors for gold.
      • Items that had Guild Augment slots now have a Colorless Augment Slot in its place. (Unless that item is, somehow, a Quiver, in which case it will not be replaced by anything, sorry).
      • If you have an item with a Guild Augment currently in it, it will retain that Guild Augment until it expires, at which time the slot will be replaced by a Colorless Augment Slot.
      • (Please note that items in auction houses and account banks may not lose the Guild Augment Slot and gain the Colorless Augment Slot until they leave those spaces).
    • Siberys Spirit Cake can now be used by raging players to resurrect their dead friends.
    • Lootgen Docents (and some other older Docents) should once more display their correct base appearance.
    • Docents with old armor potion kits applied should once more show their appearances.
    • Weapons that do non-mundane damage such as Flameblades or Celestia now correctly interact with DR and resistances.
    • Trap the Soul now requires a standalone special component, called a Khyber Dragonshard, that is found in shops wherever high quality spell components may be found. This component works for all variations of Trap the Soul.

Quests
    • Monsters will no longer cast persistent spells like wall of fire, or CC spells like sound burst in rapid succession.
      Barovia is a dangerous place, and the Abbey of Saint Markovia is no exception. Those who seek safety may not always find it.
    • Removed some NPC's from Meridia that were not meant to be there.
    • Fix a scaling issue with the monster stats in the following quests:
      • Tower of Frost
      • Memory Lapse
      • Kind of a Big Deal
      • Another Man's Treasure
    • Zawabi now bestows and resolves Against the Demon Queen (the 6-player pre-raid) and
    • Zawabi's Revenge (the 12-player raid) separately.
    • You are now only required to complete Against the Demon Queen once per life in order to play Zawabi's Revenge; after that, Zawabi will allow you to choose which quest to speak to him about.
    • Against the Demon Queen is no longer restricted by Raid Timer.
    • Raid Timer Bypass Hourglasses now work properly on Zawabi's Revenge.

Miscellaneous
    • Changes have been made to the spellcasting system that make casting spells more reliably. This may prevent dry firing of spells in certain situations.
    • Hirelings will now cast their spells more reliably when directed to do so
    • Fixed an issue where trying to swap out of a missile weapon into a melee weapon wouldn't queue properly
    • Patron Reward feats should now consistently remain on you through Lesser and Epic Reincarnation.
    • Icons for certain drow damage over time poisons have been set to actually look like poison.
    • When viewing a monster's HP through selection (due to having the appropriate Monster Manual reward for that monster type), the percentage HP of that monster will now be shown in parenthesis next to their current and max HP
      Formatting for the percentage HP for your party members has been adjusted slightly to better take advantage of available space
    • Half Elves have had a cosmetic revamp.
    • Monster perception range is now slightly smaller (this may not apply to raid bosses or custom bosses)
    • Saving throws on all epic monsters on elite and hard have been reduced.
    • The Legendary II monster boosts have been removed.
    • Launcher: The 64-bit game client is now the default choice for new installs. Updated the wording on the legacy client to indicate that it is no longer supported.
    • Monster Manual Volume 8 is available. It is free to VIP's and in this preview can be obtained by purchasing it in the DDO store (you can get points from Lord Poincelot in the test dojo). Monster Manual Volume 8 has categories for the following monster types:
      • Griffon
      • Satyr
      • Goblin
      • Animated Objects
      • Living spells
      • Gnome
      • Harpy
      • Marilith
      • Forgewraith
      • Wight

Last edited by Cocomajobo; 07-14-2021 at 01:11 PM.

Really hoping Horizon Walker has enough in it to make me consider it for my bow user instead of DWS.
    "A wise person chooses the right road; a fool takes the wrong one." - Author unknown
    *13775*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    Really hoping Horizon Walker has enough in it to make me consider it for my bow user instead of DWS.
    You don't like Dancing with the Stars?

Quote Originally Posted by Zennez View Post
    You don't like Dancing with the Stars?
    Washed up and D-listers should just retire if they can't get a real gig.
    I can be found on Orien as Cilon
    HC5: Who Is Here. HC4: Cylon Centurian. HC3: Soulstone in Your Pack. HC2: Carnage

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    There would have to be some major shifts in it's make-up to make it a worthwhile UT.

I'm holding out hope the 2 things that make HW unique gets added, previous/current build has neither.

Thumbs up

10 dungeons? wooo

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowperson View Post
    10 dungeons? wooo
    You know this is a paid mini expansion and not just an adventure pack? 10 is what is expected really.

Community Member

What I'm hoping is that they recall Monks are melee, and in HW the have things in the first tier for them, thats worth spending points for to get the Dex extra damage thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tianie View Post
    What I'm hoping is that they recall Monks are melee, and in HW the have things in the first tier for them, thats worth spending points for to get the Dex extra damage thing.
    I'm hoping they eventually make all the monk builders/spenders work with ranged attacks (like they did with the paladin revamp) now that they changed doubleshot... but melee HW stuff would be good too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tianie View Post
    Horizon Walker is not a melee tree.

That said, you may find things worth spending on a melee in this tree that would help you reach the Trance (we definitely shuffled some of the low tier abilities for preview 2), but it's not intended to be optimal for melees. There may be a different tree someday with a DEX trance someday that is optimal for melees; Horizon Walker is not intended to be that tree.
    Last edited by Steelstar; 07-10-2021 at 01:39 PM.
    We don't only build for the builds that exist.
    We don't only build for the builds that are good right now.

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post

That said, you may find things worth spending on a melee in this tree that would help you reach the Trance, but it's not intended to be optimal for melees. There may be a different tree someday with a DEX trance someday that is optimal for melees; Horizon Walker is not intended to be that tree.

HW isn't a bow users tree either. you can spin it any way you want. your concept is wonky, it plays slow and you replaced some of the good things about HW (any rule set) with concealment & blurr.

HW IS A MELEE RANGER TREE.

Why don't figure out how to give us the attack which I use in PnP HW alot, Blink of an EYE?

We have Shadow Walk spell, why didn't you incorporate that?
    Last edited by Bacon_Burger; 07-12-2021 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by axan22 View Post
    You know this is a paid mini expansion and not just an adventure pack? 10 is what is expected really.
    They said 9 before

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    Technically, HW isn't a ranged tree either, if we go by the original prestige class definition. Literally all it gives is +1 to attacks on certain creatures, and some minor spells. It's more of a "lets see what this does" prestige class than anything else. If we were to make it realistic as an enhancement tree, we would most definitely have some melee aspects as well as being another shot at making rangers relevant again, instead of just revamping DWS or AA.
    Proud member of the ArchAngels guild, Thelanis.
    Policegirl Killz, Porklord Meatfield, Pilfering Pirate.

Quote Originally Posted by ifumoveudie View Post
    Technically, HW isn't a ranged tree either, if we go by the original prestige class definition. Literally all it gives is +1 to attacks on certain creatures, and some minor spells. It's more of a "lets see what this does" prestige class than anything else. If we were to make it realistic as an enhancement tree, we would most definitely have some melee aspects as well as being another shot at making rangers relevant again, instead of just revamping DWS or AA.
    Except they said they were drawing inspiration for it from all versions of HW, including 5e's version, which has significantly more support for ranged play than melee play.

Honestly, it seems as if most of DDO's HW has been taken from 5e's version.

Default What we really need is

Moar effin cowbell. And by that, I mean we need something that bridges casters, a la the Oracle class, or Mystic Theurge.

Lets see a reaping mauler tree, or tattood monk, warshaper even. Please stop with the nonsensical mash ups that don't make sense, and won't ever see playtime except from those that like the flavor builds.

Also, how come the strongest melee class in the game, is outshined by the lowest of the low casters? When will Barbarians get some much needed love? Ravager hasn't been relevant since MOTU, FB is a joke, and let's force players to go a completely not barbarian way to make it survivable, when it should be the absolute unit of melee classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Stravix View Post
    Except they said they were drawing inspiration for it from all versions of HW, including 5e's version, which has significantly more support for ranged play than melee play.

I am one of them old heads, that cant wrap my mind around making DnD a tabletop mmorpg. I have not played 4th or 5th editions, and never plan on it. The rules were dumbed down to a childs level and combat was so streamlined that even a kobbold can do it. They need to stop going with what the company wants, and start acting on the player base wishes. Unless I am the only one that hates seeing a good game go the way of the dinosaurs.

Quote Originally Posted by ifumoveudie View Post
    I am one of them old heads, that cant wrap my mind around making DnD a tabletop mmorpg. I have not played 4th or 5th editions, and never plan on it. The rules were dumbed down to a childs level and combat was so streamlined that even a kobbold can do it. They need to stop going with what the company wants, and start acting on the player base wishes. Unless I am the only one that hates seeing a good game go the way of the dinosaurs.
    Honestly, 5th ed is far from bad, but I do get your point. It is definitely the best edition to introduce people to D&D, which is the main reason for the games resurgence in recent years.

4th ed's biggest mistake was being called D&D, as it is a fun adventure board game that in no way lives up to the name of D&D.

Quote Originally Posted by Stravix View Post

And they left out everything that makes it fun to play. It's weak sauce and quite frankly the most unoriginal concept they've*** ever made
    Last edited by Bacon_Burger; 07-12-2021 at 08:11 AM.

A paid xpac that doesn't have a single item i'd even want to use awesome n on par for the course lol
    Damonz Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by mr420247 View Post
    A paid xpac that doesn't have a single item i'd even want to use awesome n on par for the course lol
    The legendary tier of the old S/S/S gear needs Star Fragments, that drop from the legendary Saltmarsh, to craft it. So none of that gear is on your useful list? I haven't looked closely enough to figure out if any of that gear, especially the raid stuff, will be useful for my builds or not, but that's huge chunk of gear.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast