Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Systems Designer

Default U51 Preview 1: Feat Changes

Disclaimer
    Everything seen on the preview server, Lamannia, is not final and is subject to change or removal before live release.

In this new framework we are moving some specific power out of the ED trees and into the into the Epic and Destiny feats to help reduce the power spike in the Destinies themselves while still retaining original player power. This also let us boost feats that are currently underperforming. Our other goal with this pass was to spread out power that is currently concentrated in the upper end of the game and bring it lower so that players can access it sooner. So, we've both added power to epic/destiny feats and made them available at lower levels.

We also wanted to make the Legendary "Scion of" Feats provide more of a competitive choice, which meant boosting the non-Fire feats considerably in the spellcasting department. Finally, we are removing the Epic Skill feats from the game, which will cut down on feat clutter considerably.

Changes in Teal

Epic Feats
    Epic Power (autogranted feat)
    +3 Melee Power, +3 Ranged Power, +6 Universal Spell Power and -1% to the Spell Point cost of all spells.
    now also provides +1 spellcast level with all casting classes for every 2 times this feat is applied (for a total of +5 to all casting classes at level 30)

Destiny Feats:
    ALL DESTINY FEATS NO LONGER CONTAIN SPHERE REQUIREMENTS

Epic Spellpower (all types)
    Provides +20 Spellpower with the associated elemental type
    Now also provides +15% spell critical damage with the appropriate elemental type

Epic Skill Focus (all skills)
    Removed from the game!

Destiny Feats with NO MIN LEVEL
    Now have Min Level 22

Destiny Feats with Min Level 28
    Now have Min Level 25

Destiny Feats with min Level 29
    Now have Min Level 28

Legendary Feats
    Scion of Earth
    • +4 to the DCs of Conjuration and Transmutation spells, +2 to the DCs of other spells
    • +20 PRR
    • +10 Acid and Poison Spell Power, +30 Universal Spell Power, +25% Acid and Poison Spell Critical Damage
    • Add 2d20 Acid damage to weapon and unarmed attacks (Scales with Spell Power)

Scion of Air
    • +4 to the DCs of Evocation spells, +2 to the DCs of other spells
    • +4% Dodge, +4 to Dodge Cap
    • +10 Electric Spell Power, +30 Universal Spell Power, +25% Electric Spell Critical Damage
    • Add 2d20 Electric damage to weapon and unarmed attacks (Scales with Spell Power)

Scion of Fire
    • No longer grants +25% Spell Critical Damage with all spells
    • +10 PRR, +10 MRR
    • +10 Fire Spell Power, +30 Universal Spell Power, +25% Fire Spell Critical Damage
    • Add 2d20 Fire damage to weapon and unarmed attacks (Scales with Spell Power)

Scion of Water
    • +20 MRR, +200 Maximum Spell Points
    • +10 Cold Spell Power, +30 Universal Spell Power, +25% Cold Spell Critical Damage
    • Add 2d20 Cold damage to weapon and unarmed attacks (Scales with Spell Power)

Scion of Feywild
    • +10 Sonic and Force Spell Power, +30 Universal Spell Power, +25% Sonic and Force Spell Critical Damage
    • +4 to the DCs of Enchantment and Illusion spells, +2 to DCs of other spells
    • Add 2d20 Sonic damage to weapon and unarmed attacks (Scales with Spell Power)
    • +20 Healing Amp

Scion of Shadowfell
    • +4 to the DCs of Necromancy spells, +2 to DCs of other spells
    • +10 Negative Spell Power, +30 Universal Spell Power, +25% Negative Spell Critical Damage. (note that the Poison Spellpower moved to the Scion of Earth feat)
    • +20 Negative Amp (assuming you take healing from Negative)
    • Weapon and Unarmed attacks heal you for 1d6 Positive damage, or 1d6 Negative damage if you are Undead.

Scion of Mechanus
    • +20 Repair & Rust Spell Power, +20 Universal Spell Power, +25% Repair and Rust Spell Critical Damage
    • +20 Repair Amplification (assuming you take healing from Repair)
    • +10% Fortification Bypass on weapon and unarmed attacks
    • Gain: Master Reconstruction, shares cooldown with Communion of Scribing

Scion of Celestia
    • +20 Positive, Light, & Alignment Spell Power, +20 Universal Spell Power
    • +25% Positive, Light, and Alignment Spell Critical Damage
    • +150 Maximum Hit Points
    • +4 to Will Saves

As a reminder, there are no more Sphere requirements (because there are no more Spheres), and any character may choose any feat from the Destiny feat list assuming they meet the other prerequisites (if any). This is incredibly important because it means that even characters who are brand new to Epics can choose from the same pool of Feats that an established player can without needing to grind out Epic Destiny XP.

We think these changes in combination with the Epic/Destiny Feat Tie-Ins in the trees themselves will create a far more compelling level-up flow for Epic play, and allow players to explore new and exciting combinations and builds without worrying about Destiny XP requirements.

Known Issues:
    All Scion feats are currently missing their Spell Critical Damage.
    Last edited by Lynnabel; 09-22-2021 at 04:18 PM.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

"Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

"Finally, we are removing the Epic Skill feats from the game, which will cut down on feat clutter considerably."

It may be a little thing but can we get some rational on why? Sure they were not taken much, but for some, specifically Intimidate, were almost required for some builds.

Even if they were taken 1% of the time, it makes no sense to remove feats just to 'cut down on clutter'. If that was the case half of the heroic feats should be removed.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. -Seneca the Elder
    Iryklaunavan, Karaskkesir, Desideratum, Gregorii, Jhasmyne, Vis
    Ubique eo, invenio me esse ducem hominium.

Quote Originally Posted by Baahb3 View Post
    "Finally, we are removing the Epic Skill feats from the game, which will cut down on feat clutter considerably."

It may be a little thing but can we get some rational on why? Sure they were not taken much, but for some, specifically Intimidate, were almost required for some builds.

Even if they were taken 1% of the time, it makes no sense to remove feats just to 'cut down on clutter'. If that was the case half of the heroic feats should be removed.

Maybe should have consolidate the feats into groups with 3 skills into one feat. The Thief skills, Acrobat skills, Social skills etc
    HEY, I'M TRYING TO SOLVE THAT!
    STOP TOUCHING MY PUZZLE!
    TOUCH MY PUZZLE ONE MORE TIME AND YOU'LL BE SORRY!
    PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS GAME -- I QUIT! AND YOU SHALL DIE!

Was scion of arborea removed or just not included here because it wasn't changed?
    Mains - Messam, Indalecio, Mozenrath, Quackerjack.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Seph1roth5 View Post
    Was scion of arborea removed or just not included here because it wasn't changed?
    Correct. If a feat is not on this list, it's because it did not change

Founder
    Guild Leader - Death Smile

What will happen to the level 24 epic cold spell 'Burst of Glacial Wrath' ?

I use this in many of my builds and its one of my favorite things.

The spell crit multiplier for Scion of the Plane of Air and Spic Spell Power: Electric is not showing on my character sheet.

Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • Keep Lynnabel on task with updating the remaining legacy named loot to not suck. (OK, the S/S/S update and stat squish accomplished a lot of this goal.) I know you're tired Lynn, but give us an update to CitW and Gianthold loots after you get the Legendary Desert loot done!
    • All the flipping stuck at a zone in screens! (Lynn is claiming that he and Niac are on this!)
    • Change the stack size of filigree in the shared bank to 50. The 5 stack makes the shared bank worthless for storing filigree in a human usable manner.
    • Fixing why I don't connect to the chat server for 5 minutes when I log into a game world.
    • Fixing the wonky Lightning Sphere and Tactical Det firing by converting them to use alchemist spell arcing.
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.

On my sorc, both Epic Spell Power: Fire and Scion of the Plane of Fire seem to not be providing spell crit damage.

I tried swapping around the Scion feat to be sure, no matter which elemental plane I select, it's not providing the crit damage.

I am unable to swap the Epic Spell Power feat, presumably due to it previously being a level 26 feat.
    Pestilence: Wruntjunior ~ Dragonborn Fire Sorc (finished completionist project) // Wruntarrow ~ HW Archer // Youngwrunt ~ SWF SDK Bardbarian // Wruntstaff ~ Stick Melee (current tr project)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post

We also wanted to make the Legendary "Scion of" Feats provide more of a competitive choice
    By nerfing it???!!!

Instead of nerfing Fire, you should just boost the others I think, but no, you couldnt do just that.... Sad.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by WruntJunior View Post
    On my sorc, both Epic Spell Power: Fire and Scion of the Plane of Fire seem to not be providing spell crit damage.

I tried swapping around the Scion feat to be sure, no matter which elemental plane I select, it's not providing the crit damage.

I am unable to swap the Epic Spell Power feat, presumably due to it previously being a level 26 feat.
    Yep, looks like all of the Scion feats are missing their Crit Damage. Thankfully, its an easy fix. I'll make sure its on the Known Issues list in the meantime.

Scion of Celestia
    • +20 Positive, Light, & Alignment Spell Power, +20 Universal Spell Power
    • +25% Positive, Light, and Alignment Spell Critical Damage
    • +150 Maximum Hit Points
    • +4 to Will Saves
    Please consider adding Abjuration DCs to this. Sure, its a must have for tanks and heal bots, but some of us would like to not have terrible DCs on our Divines. Nerf the hp if you have too.
    Thelanis

Community Member

2 questions;
    1. When this change goes live will you allow us to select our epic feats all over again? (For example a level 30 character who wants to change his epic feats stating from level 20 because of this changes).

2.I think I already completed with the fact that you guys don’t favor Two weapon fighting and don’t make epic feats appropriate for this weapon style, but maybe consider buffing Perfect TWF?
    +5% doublestrike is not on the same power level as Perfect THF or Perfect SWF. Please reconsider it. And you can probably see that because 90% of melee characters (excluding rogues and monks don’t count) use THF, SWF or sword&board.
    Last edited by Theboss71; 09-21-2021 at 06:24 PM.

Hey Lynn,
    Would it be possible for the Magical Training feats from Shiradi and Draconic to qualify a character for Feydark Illusionist? It would be cool if E.D.s allowed us to do crazy things with our heroic enhancements. (ex. I could consider Musical Studies instead of Magical Studies.)
    Thanks.
    • Keep Lynnabel on task with updating the remaining legacy named loot to not suck. (OK, the S/S/S update and stat squish accomplished a lot of this goal.) I know you're tired Lynn, but give us an update to CitW and Gianthold loots after you get the Legendary Desert loot done!
    • All the flipping stuck at a zone in screens! (Lynn is claiming that he and Niac are on this!)
    • Change the stack size of filigree in the shared bank to 50. The 5 stack makes the shared bank worthless for storing filigree in a human usable manner.
    • Fixing why I don't connect to the chat server for 5 minutes when I log into a game world.
    • Fixing the wonky Lightning Sphere and Tactical Det firing by converting them to use alchemist spell arcing.

Also, for Scion of Air, could you add +4 MDB to armor? It's the only Scion that gives zero defensive bonuses for armor wearers.

Default Thank you for adding force to one of the scions

I like the selection of feywild.

Thanks again!
    DC Warlock Reaper Build (U48)
    Max DC Illusionist Reaper Build (U48)

Community Member

The Epic Power feat doesn't seem to be granting caster levels per the new description. Someone else noticed this also (link to their thread in lamania general discussion below). This was on pure FVS. Any other casters able to test and confirm if they are getting the autogranted caster levels from the change in Epic Power feat?

Epic Feats
    Epic Power (autogranted feat)
    +3 Melee Power, +3 Ranged Power, +6 Universal Spell Power and -1% to the Spell Point cost of all spells.
    now also provides +1 spellcast level with all casting classes for every 2 times this feat is applied (for a total of +5 to all casting classes at level 30)

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-Caster-Levels
    Triple All

Ghallanda forever.

Also, most of the old feats that are used synergistically need upgrades bad. Power critical, nimble fingers, etc.
    Mains - Messam, Indalecio, Mozenrath, Quackerjack.

Community Member

For completeness sake, this thread should also mention dire charge and mass frog, as moving them is also a change.
    Nothing in this game is essential, unless you are a power-gaming & unimaginative lemming who follows everyone else, without having any form of creativity or original thought rolling around your brainpain...

Yep, looks like all of the Scion feats are missing their Crit Damage. Thankfully, its an easy fix. I'll make sure its on the Known Issues list in the meantime.
    Sorry to be a pest about this, but what about the Epic Spell Power feats?

Epic Spellpower (all types)
    Provides +20 Spellpower with the associated elemental type
    Now also provides +15% spell critical damage with the appropriate elemental type

Known Issues:
    All Scion feats are currently missing their Spell Critical Damage.
    Epic Spellpower is not granting the 15% (no change in spell critical multiplier from character sheet)
    Farog on Khyber - DDO Char Builder Lite updates -> https://github.com/ChristopherGLewis/ddo-lite-tools

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast