Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Community Member

Epic Destinies

• Shadowdancer: Cut to the Soul: You are unbothered by the physical restraints of the world: From the Shadows now allows you to pass through enemies in a cloud of smoke proccing an Improved Deception and gaining 3% uncapped dodge stacks 3 times on Tumble and lasts for 10 seconds while in stealth(like Measure the Foe). +3% dodge bypass, +3% fortification bypass, +3% damage versus the helpless.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tumble through enemies was already an ability that shouldn't of been taken away. Grandmaster of Flowers kept it in their destiny even now.

These removal of valuable abilities*:

*Consume. (Could easily of been the multi-choice of Weird if you didn't cast x-level spells)
    *Shadow Manipulation. (Shiradi now gets this in Beguile Charm? Why?)
    *Executioner's Strike/Shot. (Just as Weird is hard coded for casters, this should of been hard coded for assassinate ability)
    *Meld Into Darkness (was used as a separate ability from attacking).
    *Removing the AOE explosion in Dark Imbuement range proc.
    *Removing Pass through enemies on Tumble.

Putting Stealthy and Assassinate bonus' as a separate choice when they where part of the same bonus ability.
    Putting in a useless Wand and Scroll Mastery that doesn't stack how about changing it to:

Sleight of Hand should be:

Sleight of Hand: Traps and Vial Mastery: You can make Noisemaker Traps or Noisemaker Vials(on exploding they stick to door/wall and make ticking sound), with the ability to place or throw in stealth.

(Tier 1): If you have the Trapmaking Feat, you can now add your Sneak Attack Dice and Damage to Traps and Vials.
    (Tier 2): You can use the higher of Melee or Range Power to Traps and Vials you Throw.
    (Tier 3):You can inscribe scrolls as Traps and Alchemical Recipes as Vials.

Maybe have specific Alchemical Vials like Mass Suggestion/Confusion, Turn to Frog/Bat, a real Tanglefoot a la "Sharn exploding goo"(with DC: Reflex (DC 20 + Rogue Level + Stat Modifier + Assassinate Bonus)
    and Shadow-Thunderstone: Alchemical Vial Trap Attack: 1d6+2 Force damage per character level and dazes in an area. Fort DC (12/16/20 + Rogue Level + Stat Modifier + Assassinate Bonus).

Creating traps and throwing vials was a Rogue ability, even having a mechanical dog in the beginning.

----------------------------------------------

Other Trees got:
    Cut the Strings(1 minute cooldown).
    Mass Frog(1 minute cooldown).
    Everything Is Nothing(Grandmaster Of Flowers, it stayed intact.)
    Beguile Charm(Shadow Dancer's Shadow Manipulation).
    Weird(AOE Phantasmal Killer....oh wait that's our Tree but oh wait, we can't pick it and are locked out of it as a Tier V in our own Tree! Seems like a Consume alternate.. oh but wait, that was removed...)

We get an Epic Moment that puts you in line of danger of being killed for it to proc(Gain the feat: Piñata), with a non stacking 50% Incorporeal(it should stack with our 25% that we already invested in plus outside sources. Weird is a safer more efficient AOE PK and you don't have to wait to get swung at for it to go off, it just does! And it's in our Tree! and we can't pick it! Or Consume, Shadow Manipulation, Executioner Strike/Shot)
    Viva unstacking Wand and Scroll Mastery.

Again no pass through enemies on Tumble.....
    Last edited by VinoeWhines; 05-15-2022 at 08:06 AM.

DDOcast Host
    Licensed House Cannith Refuse Disposal Unit Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Lomizir View Post

[LIST][*]Draconic: Draconic Heritage II: -5% spell point cost on all spells. Your Draconic Heritage's Eschew Materials is improved: You no longer need special material components for your spells.
    [*]Grandmaster of Flowers: Bring Peace: +3% dodge bypass, +10 Magical Resistance Rating cap. Your Meditation returns ki at 3x the base rate, and Wholeness of Body heals you 3x faster.
    [*]Shadowdancer: Cut to the Soul: +3% dodge bypass, +3% fortification bypass, +3% damage versus the helpless
    These 3 feel so much less inspired than the rest. Are special components a big enough deal for a tier 4 to have as its primary feature? I think not. Shadowdancer's numbers just seem so low (divine crusader has a -25% fort thing and this has 3% bypass??) and also it is even less for a caster which the tree is supposed to support. grandmaster is closer, but meditation and wholeness I'm not sure is enough.

long story short, the other destiny cores look neat and interesting, these dont

PS: I vote yes for not losing epic xp on true reincarnations...
    Shamgar ~ Pjstechie ~ Melchizedek ~ Habakkuk ~ Josheb ~ Magoi ~ Kinnor ~ Eshek ~ Zakchaios ~ Jephthah ~ Bartimaios ~ Ehudh ~ Bezaleluri ~ Nebuchad ~ Lava Divers (Khyber) ~ Epic Education ~ Building Blocks ~ DDOCast ~ contact me

Community Member

The more I think about it, the more I think that Fighting Style Specialization should be a set of Epic feats, not Legendary...

The only practical application for it, really, is with Hand and a Half weapons, and that's something fundamental enough to a build that you shouldn't have to wait to L30 to access it. And it would make Bsword/Daxe builds a lot more competitive in Epic, compared to THF. But even if you just wanted to be able to facultatively switch between two melee styles, again that's not something you should have to wait to L30 to access either.

Also...Angelic Charge doesnt go "through" enemies like other charges, so IDK how the damage is going to be attached. If its just a broad AOE around the character that hits mobs as you pass by, that's a pretty nice attack, but it'd have to be a big enough circle to still hit mobs behind the one you get stuck against too.
    Last edited by droid327; 05-16-2022 at 09:45 AM.

Community Member

Question Question about item names

Quote Originally Posted by Lomizir View Post
    As a part of this pass, all items that are level 29 and below that are currently named "Legendary" will be renamed to "Epic" and will be given the appropriate purple border. Legendary will now be a term specifically reserved for items with a minimum level of 30 or higher.
    With this change, how will that affect items that have heroic epic and legendary versions already? Items that come to mind are the old S/S/S items that have since had a "Legendary" level 29 version created. IE: With the proposed change we will have Doublecrosss Bow / Epic Doublecross Bow (@lvl 20) / Epic Doublecross Bow (@lvl 29). This will seriously cause some confusion especially with borders all being changed to purple.

Personally I'd just elect to grandfather in the existing items and their names, saving time on altering every item that would be affected by this change, especially since you have already delayed the release. But, from the release of Isle of Dread onward, use the updated naming system you decide to put in place.

all items that are level 29 and below that are currently named "Legendary" will be renamed to "Epic"
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultramaetche1 View Post
    With this change, how will that affect items that have heroic epic and legendary versions already? Items that come to mind are the old S/S/S items that have since had a "Legendary" level 29 version created. IE: With the proposed change we will have Doublecrosss Bow / Epic Doublecross Bow (@lvl 20) / Epic Doublecross Bow (@lvl 29). This will seriously cause some confusion especially with borders all being changed to purple. .
    All the s/s/s items are heroic level/20/30 not 29 like you think; so the name change won't effect them.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by rabidfox View Post
    All the s/s/s items are heroic level/20/30 not 29 like you think; so the name change won't effect them.
    Yup, you're right. Coffee... I think I need some ????

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by pjstechie View Post
    These 3 feel so much less inspired than the rest. Are special components a big enough deal for a tier 4 to have as its primary feature? I think not. Shadowdancer's numbers just seem so low (divine crusader has a -25% fort thing and this has 3% bypass??) and also it is even less for a caster which the tree is supposed to support. grandmaster is closer, but meditation and wholeness I'm not sure is enough.

long story short, the other destiny cores look neat and interesting, these dont

PS: I vote yes for not losing epic xp on true reincarnations...
    Divine Crusader has -25% Fort through Divine Sundering. But there is a good chance that Divine Sundering ( like normal sundering ) is subject to a save. In any event it's linked to an active feat that isn't used that much.

At least these 3 have an effect. ( the +10 MRR cap is particularly valuable for monks )

The bigger problem children in my mind would be the ones that are flashy but completely impractical. Legendary Dreadnought provides a 20% chance of knockdown immunity if you use an action boost. Knockdown protection which will be active less than 20% of the time? Pointless. Primal avatar has a spell point/spell critical boost if you get your spell points down to 5%. How often does that happen? And if it does happen then you are doing something wrong.

Community Member

The ability to pick up the shield line for tanking PUG raids is nice. It will make working within small server populations work better such as when you need to tank a magic damage raid on your SWF rogue assassin by swapping to a large shield.

It would be nicer if THF and SWF feats were just free though. I don't understand why there is a made up 4 feat tax to swing a weapon normally.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 05-16-2022 at 08:40 PM.

Don't think just getting a few shields feats is going to let an assassin suddenly tank a raid that needs a dedicated tank.
    Mains - Messam, Indalecio, Mozenrath, Quackerjack.

The fourth GMoF core seems ridiculously limp compared to the other cores. To me, enhancing abilities that nobody uses and an MRR cap increase that will make no difference to any decent Monk shows a lack of imagination.

I'm sure this is all set in stone though.

I agree with making Exalted Angel 4th Core a toggle. That was my first thought on seeing it. I don't want to be snagging aggro on my healer when I'm trying to retreat or get in range of another player.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Qlumsee View Post
    The fourth GMoF core seems ridiculously limp compared to the other cores. To me, enhancing abilities that nobody uses and an MRR cap increase that will make no difference to any decent Monk shows a lack of imagination.

I'm sure this is all set in stone though.
    Nothing here is set in stone! We solicit feedback from our fans so we can make sure we're doing the best we can to make everyone happy :)
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

"Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

Community Member

Will level 32 capped characters prevent or hurt xp gains by lower level / non-legendary characters running legendary quests?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Nothing here is set in stone! We solicit feedback from our fans so we can make sure we're doing the best we can to make everyone happy
    Hey Lynnabel,

as a monk player, I would agree that core 4 is bad for GMOF.

Here would be my suggestions:

Whirlwind Attack - move this from Fury and put it in GMOF.
    Attack Speed increase - give monks 3-5% incremental attack speed
    +20 MRR cap and MRR - give both. This allows others that do not use the tree all the way to top tier to still get the cap. Its not game breaking honestly.

Thanks!
    Nico

Weapon Specialty Feats: These feel like something that should be available at level 22. Like, PTHF, etc is obviously more impactful and makes you stronger than these will, generally (exception for shield users, who can double dip their main style, but they're all underpowered compared to other styles so eh). If DDO had been designed with L32+ cap from the get-go, I'd expect these to be available earlier than PTHF, etc. Can't do that now, everybody would throw a fit, but the point stands, these just don't seem "legendary" and if they're meant more as "quality of life" for a tank hoping to have better dps when soloing, then that QoL would be a lot more meaningful at earlier progression.

Spell Specialty Feats: Similar to above, doesn't feel very legendary, and would expect them earlier in progression. Shoring up a side-school is something you'd likely want to do prior to getting through 80% of the maximum character level that will ever be attainable. Also, can these be modified so they match whatever your highest current Spell Focus is, rather than requiring Epic Focus? So that if:
    * you DO have at least one Epic Spell Focus feat, it (dynamically, at log-in or upon feat selection/swap) grants you +3 to a chosen school
    * you DON"T have Epic Spell Focus, but DO have at least one Greater Spell Focus feat, it grants you +2 to a chosen school
    * else, grants you +1 to a chosen school (and perhaps not even pre-req any standard Spell Focus feat, basically allowing you to take one as a destiny feat rather than standard feat)

I've never once taken Epic Spell Focus - too many better options - so more flexibility on the pre-req for feats designed for flexibility would be appreciated.

Elemental Form Specialty and Wild Force: Both of these are fine the way they work, but I still don't see why they should require L31+. More options earlier allows more freedom and diversity. Unlike the ones above though, these are more of a power upgrade and less for flexibility, so I'd say 25+ for these.

Legendary Toughness: fine.

Legendary Point Blank Shot: would never take this, attack speed is king for so many reasons. Would recommend changing it to give an extra +1 crit muliplier on 19-20 if the enemy is within sneak attack range. Totally fine as L31+.

Enhanced Elemental Dice: again, seems like something that should be available at 25+, or maybe even 22+. Doesn't say it can be taken multiple times, so as long as it's only takeable once I don't see issue in making it available earlier. I doubt this is stronger than PTHF, etc, so if someone prefers this over PTHF etc at level 22 for whatever reason, I think they should have the option to do so.

Default Liking GMoF

I like the 4th core of GMoF. It is incremental as is everything in this update I believe. That said, adding the actual MRR value along with increasing the cap is pretty cool! I won’t quibble with the value (10 or 20). It seems okay with +10 as that is a pretty nice percentage increase.

Thanks!
    Taleisin

4th core abilities:

Draconic: Eh, underwhelming. Maybe you can also add some permanent DR here, as sort of extension on the scales theme? Like 15/- , nothing crazy. And/Or upgrade the Barrier of Scales slightly, by increasing its caster level by +5, or shortening its cooldown or something.

Fatesinger: Nice!

Magus of the Eclipse: Nice!

Divine Crusader: OK

Exalted Angel: Will this let you move through enemies now? Currently doesn't.

Unyielding Sentinel: Maybe set the threshold to 25% hp? Hard to judge that but 20% seems pretty rare unless heals are afk.

Grandmaster of Flowers: Dodge bypass... I feel like the only mobs in the game that have dodge are champs that have 33% of it, so 3% is not super compelling cuz its useless against all normal mobs and you're still whiffing 30% of the time against the mobs who actually have any? So it's either useless or unnoticeable depending on case.
    -MRR cap is good but should likely come earlier.
    -As for the actives... if they don't become useable while moving not sure they'll see any use. These are abilities that should just be reworked into something people would use when they get them, not bandaged at L32. Why have abilities that nobody uses for 20-something levels?

Legendary Dreadnought: 20% is low

Shadowdancer: Same as GMOF for the dodge bypass, but fort bypass and helpless damage are fine. Skewed towards melee tho, maybe also + spell pen or a chance to ignore an opponents reflex save/evasion? (ie bypass their ability to "dodge" a spell)

Fury of the Wild: Nice!

Primal Avatar: Won't ever get any benefit from this. No suggestions atm

Shiradi Champion: Useful

Default Back to Heroics!

Quote Originally Posted by SocratesBastardSon View Post
    A change of topic and proposal/wish/stupid idea:

I remember back when I played p&p D&D where you might encounter demigods and heroes with impossible class and level combinations. Now that true Legendary is coming to a DDO-loaded computer near you, it got me thinking about those days.

Is it fair to view Legendary as equivalent to D&D's demigod/hero level of power? If so, one way I imagine translating those ideas into DDO's system would be to allow us to further advance in our heroic enhancements by being granted more APs. For instance, what if each Legendary rank awarded a Destiny Point AND a heroic Action Point? Or each Legendary level rather than each rank granted 1 AP to keep it less impactful.

It would be fun if they relaxed some of the heroic restrictions, like allowing a player to take t5 enhancements in two trees or two capstones (the latter is probably too much). If tying an AP award to rank/level increases is too aggressive, how about a Legendary feat that grants that kind of exception, that unlocks a second t5 or capstone, or that limits the player to one t5 enhancement in a second tree? If relaxing those restrictions is too much, how about just the ability (whether autogranted in Legendary, a feat, a Destiny core, etc.) to put more points into heroic class and/or racial trees while keeping the other restrictions in place?
    Totally +1
    Id love the idea to go back to earlier training to expand the limits of my build with a few more heroic points at Legendary lvls. I feel this opens a great opotunity to defy the "specialty focused build line" the game has turned into and give the multitask builds a chance. Im thinking of this as a better solution for diversifying instead of unnecesary and forced Legendary feats that kinda gonna be sleeping in the char sheet for most. Some could use them to go deeper into a specialty, some would use them to stand a chance on multitasking, but at least it gives us the chance to create, to choose, to build a character that will try to become Legendary.

So very excited for U55!

Legendary Dreadnought: Unstoppable: When you activate an action boost, you have a 20% chance to gain the Unstoppable effect for 20 seconds. Unstoppable: You take 25% less damage from all sources, gain a +20 action boost bonus to Fortitude and balance saves, and are immune to knockdown.

Feedback is up this to 35% less damage from all sources. Reasoning: Melee, and specifically close quarter engagements, are a serious liability in the decision to play these types vs the dominant paradigm of today which is anything from a distance. I really like the spirit of this T4 core, and let's give it a deserved nudge

Fury of the Wild: Be the Whirlwind: Using any of the feats Trip, Improved Trip, or Whirlwind Attack causes a whirlwind of force to burst from you striking nearby enemies for 1d10 bludgeon damage per character level. Scales with 200% Melee Power. Improved Trip also causes all affected enemies to be tripped unless they succeed at a balance check (DC equal to Improved Trip).

Hate this T4 core due to being Trip focused. I use this tree for my dex based tempest, and this T4 core pigeonholes this to STR builds (to the best of my knowledge, please fact check me).

EDIT: I looked up the Whirlwind Attack feat. I've played this game so long I have to stop and remember the name of who the US president was when I started playing this game, and I've been deeply connected to this game since beta. The fact that I had to look up Whirlwind Attack feat is a testament to how much it blows. FOUR feats to gain a cleave at +4[W] damage. https://ddowiki.com/page/Whirlwind_Attack

OR as part of this core, the option for 'other' ability scores for trip, or at least dex which has a good practical argument/justification.

As an alternative, consider something similar to Legendary Dreadnought T4 core that solves a build problem...how to go toe to toe...
    Last edited by Ganak; 05-17-2022 at 06:55 PM.
    The Nak Abides - Argo - Ascent
    Ganak Goblinjuicer ~ Xanak the Irregular

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Axcarth View Post
    Totally +1
    Id love the idea to go back to earlier training to expand the limits of my build with a few more heroic points at Legendary lvls. I feel this opens a great opotunity to defy the "specialty focused build line" the game has turned into and give the multitask builds a chance. Im thinking of this as a better solution for diversifying instead of unnecesary and forced Legendary feats that kinda gonna be sleeping in the char sheet for most. Some could use them to go deeper into a specialty, some would use them to stand a chance on multitasking, but at least it gives us the chance to create, to choose, to build a character that will try to become Legendary.
    +1 extra heroic points would also make it so people could look forward to more build options to be more than an epics with a few tomes

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910