Tabaxi Trailblazer are hard to hit.

Since the Tabaxi Trailblazer first released I have been a fan of it. I also love the Tabaxi too, for that T4 Racial Enhancement of Evasion in the tree. In the past month though I have been playing with more of the UI and Gameplay settings, in particular the Experimental Tumble Controls. Turning that on you just need to tap block to tumble. I jump a round a lot in melee and that helps.

I've noticed that my Escape Artist, T4 Racial Enhancement, doesn't seem to go away. Each time I tumble, super easy now too, the timer resets immediately. I've checked my character sheet and it is showing the avoidance defense stats as being there for the Enhancement.

"Escape Artist: When you tumble, you gain 25% Incorporeality and 25% Concealment for 20 seconds. This can only trigger once per minute."

As a Rogue/Monk my Dodge is 25% at the time I write this, and testing it. Before I tumble I have 0% in both Incorporeality and Concealment. Once I tumble I have the 25% in both. I forget my AC, but I can maintain a 25% Dodge, Incorp, and Conceal during melee by tapping that block button at least once before the 20 second timer expires. If the timer does expire, I just tumble again and regain the avoidance. That stated "...once per minute" seems to not apply, and I am happy for it.

Smacking things with a long stick just got way more fun. :)

The... what?? I have been looking for this! Where is this option found?
Once loaded into the game with a character, open your Options menu, and go to the Gameplay tab (just below the UI Settings). The Experimental Tumble Controls should be 4th from the bottom.

DzHd0FO.png

Last edited:

albertjr

I like playing trailblazer as a sacred fist paladin, you get sll the cleaves and spring atk without the feat tax. Plus having access to cha to hit and dmg and a bit of nifty enhancements and epic destiny abilities you can have handwraps, long bows, and quarter staves as your religious weapons.

Well... there goes that whole idea after the update. I was having fun with that bug. I still love the Trailblazer and think it is hard to hit, just less so now with the cooldown working. Checked it last night. No visual cue that the timer is done but workable.

I do turn on the Experimental Tumble Controls with all my toons though. Extra helpful when you have Mobility or Enhancements that grant bonus to AC when tumbling.

misterski

I like playing trailblazer as a sacred fist paladin, you get sll the cleaves and spring atk without the feat tax. Plus having access to cha to hit and dmg and a bit of nifty enhancements and epic destiny abilities you can have handwraps, long bows, and quarter staves as your religious weapons.
Don't forget daggers, too. Also longswords, albeit with a hefty feat cost.

Col Kurtz

Since the Tabaxi Trailblazer first released I have been a fan of it. I also love the Tabaxi too, for that T4 Racial Enhancement of Evasion in the tree. In the past month though I have been playing with more of the UI and Gameplay settings, in particular the Experimental Tumble Controls. Turning that on you just need to tap block to tumble. I jump a round a lot in melee and that helps.

I've noticed that my Escape Artist, T4 Racial Enhancement, doesn't seem to go away. Each time I tumble, super easy now too, the timer resets immediately. I've checked my character sheet and it is showing the avoidance defense stats as being there for the Enhancement.

"Escape Artist: When you tumble, you gain 25% Incorporeality and 25% Concealment for 20 seconds. This can only trigger once per minute."

As a Rogue/Monk my Dodge is 25% at the time I write this, and testing it. Before I tumble I have 0% in both Incorporeality and Concealment. Once I tumble I have the 25% in both. I forget my AC, but I can maintain a 25% Dodge, Incorp, and Conceal during melee by tapping that block button at least once before the 20 second timer expires. If the timer does expire, I just tumble again and regain the avoidance. That stated "...once per minute" seems to not apply, and I am happy for it.

Smacking things with a long stick just got way more fun. :)
nice info but, posting this on the forum is the quickest way to get the devs to fix it-have fun while you still can.

droid327

Aww dang, I was hoping it might also apply to the filigree set that gives you a Sprint Boost when you tumble...have a Sprint swap item for when you're running the new Legendary Diplomatic Impunity or something and need to cover a lot of ground :D