Problem with archons trial

Scrag

She says I can take the north path or the west path (mechanics).

Mechanics path has a little glowy ball next to the door.

I do not want to jump through the tar.

How the heck can I open the mechanics door?! She said quite explicitly I had two paths, but I really only have one (guest house doesnt count), and the one to the north with the tar.

Thanks!

Phoenicis

Savage's Husband
The mechanics path is for those with trap/lock skills.

I still usually take the other path, except for the wind jets it's much easier. And those jets are easily timed.

Scrag

The mechanics path is for those with trap/lock skills.

I still usually take the other path, except for the wind jets it's much easier. And those jets are easily timed.
I am a DH, so trap/lock just fine. Is there something I am supposed to click somewhere somehow? Search did not reveal anything, and that little floating light I cant click.Thanks!

Scrag

I'm fairly certain you just pick the lock on the door and go that direction. No need to interact with the light! Beware of da traps
Sob. Thats all I had to do... Thank you for helping me be less of an idiot. It would have been nice to get or see a lock on the door, but hey, live and learn.

Dragavon

Sob. Thats all I had to do... Thank you for helping me be less of an idiot. It would have been nice to get or see a lock on the door, but hey, live and learn.
I have several times asked if they could not make open lock an automatic skill when you click on a locked chest or door. Like disable device is automatically used when you click on a trap box. Not happened yet :unsure:

DYWYPI

Like I have mentioned elsewhere in U59, SSG introduced a floating Locked chest symbol, but for some strange reason didn't do something similar for generic: Locked doors or Locked Levers.

There are some doors that do "auto" open when you pick their lock. In fact most 'breakable doors' can be unlocked with 'Open Lock'. There are several generic Levers that you can also unloosen with 'Open Lock', just off the top of my head; Spies in the House, Bargain of Blood, Search and Rescue, The Haunted Halls of Eveningstar and The Underlane Assignment... There'll be more, but I cannot recall, which at the moment.

Dragavon, I'm not in particularly in favour of changing to the current behaviour with regards to: Open Lock and Locked doors or Levers. Locked chests are less of an issue in most cases as the open and closing of the lid is just mostly cosmetic and reveals the chest contents unless they are actually Mimics.

Also there are tonnes of breakable doors that can also optionally be unlocked – a lot more than most people realise... On the whole most people will break the doors down if they have the ability to smash them to splinters, etc.

ODU5aYM.jpg

The Forgotten Caverns: Locked "breakable door" example.​

I still wish to have an actual choice of how I interact with such doors and in the majority of cases; I will actually want to SMASH the door down and NOT waste resources and time attempting to pick the Lock! So I certainly oppose such changes with regards to; Locked breakable doors.

When I'm on my Assassin there are some of those dual-propose "locked breakable doors" I wish to break and others I chose to unlock for obvious reasons. I'd say the majority of them I would choose to break by swinging my weapons (depending upon mobs and dungeon layout) in either case I still want that choice and not for the default to be carelessly overridden by auto: Open Lock! :-/

Last edited:

Buddha5440

No doors or chests should display as locked (especially not to members of the party who have not tried the door). If you haven't at least tried to open it (unless you are a Rogue or Arti), how could you possibly know it's locked? if anything, they should change the graphic of the door to physically show a lock on it.