Search results

1. QuantumFX

Threat reduction math?

FWIW, I think the conversation is going in a "Let's take the most extreme examples and smash them together" direction. But, in actual gameplay I'd bet money that you can hold threat against most melees with just the vanilla 150% from defensive stance. Blocking has it's place, but you're also...
  2. QuantumFX

Threat reduction math?

Yes. This is what I'm getting at. If DPS needs to manage aggro, so does the tank. Someone who is just shield blocking and hitting intimidate isn't using the tools at their disposal, nor are they using intimidate or shield blocking effectively. Intimidate is all about moving you to the top of...
  3. QuantumFX

Threat reduction math?

Your math is bad. 60K with a 2.5 modifier (It's 150% more threat) is 150K DPS. So, for threat, that's all I need to beat. So, let's divide that number by 21 (An extra 2,000% + the base 100%). Are you really telling me that 7.15K DPS is that hard to reach on a melee? As someone who...
  4. QuantumFX

Threat reduction math?

No. I'd rather folks knock off the brain rot that keeps them from doing their job in a raid. If people are peeling from your tank, the problem is the player playing the tank doesn't know how to do their job. There is no reason for you to be limiting your actions to holding down your shift key...
  5. QuantumFX

Threat reduction math?

No. The paper mache "tank" can learn to play their character and actually use that 2000+ threat amp for something other than holding down their shift key.
  6. QuantumFX

Threat reduction math?

I'm pretty sure 100% means no threat so long as something else took intial aggro and keeps it on them when the game tries to reset it. I had a warlock life with 105% mystic reduction and the end fight for Tempest's Spine was just me eldritch blasting, an intimitank keeping his intimidate on...
  7. QuantumFX

Paladin with trap skills. First time builder with PAL 18/FTR 1/DRK RNG 1

The main advantage of THF is strikethrough. The only class that can get strikethrough outside of THF is the ranger via the tempest enhancement tree. Since you're investing in a Ranger, it makes sense to look at. It would also help your skill purchases as Disable Device, Open Lock, Search and...
  8. QuantumFX

Paladin with trap skills. First time builder with PAL 18/FTR 1/DRK RNG 1

Quarterstaff as well. And while I do agree that TWF is the stronger path, the OP is the one gets to manage wife aggro. So this may be an important piece of information for us to help them out.
  9. QuantumFX

About Hireling and especially paid hireling.

I'm pretty sure none* of the paid rogue hirelings has any fortification. * And, yes, this includes the Legendary versions.
  10. QuantumFX

DDO Character Planner

Thanks. Also, like a doofus, I forgot to mention the Fighter Tactical and Heavy Armor (Master, Champion, Supremacy, etc.) feats have the same issue.
  11. QuantumFX

DDO Character Planner

It doesn't appear that the 1.0.0.199 builder allows a Dragonlord to take take Weapon Specializations or Imp/Greater Weapon Focus. They were allowed to do this in-game on both Lamannia previews. Also, how do you prefer to get bug reports?
  12. QuantumFX

Hey Tonquin!

A warhammer that does sonic damage. Unfortunately, they will not be including it in this year's anniversary party.
  13. QuantumFX

Hey Tonquin!

I wish SSG would just let our patron saint of bug fixes standardize weapon effects with saves to 10 + (ML of weapon * 3). The Epic Platinum weapons from Another Man's Treasure are good for their level.
  14. QuantumFX

Update 66 Preview 2: AOE Ranged Attacks

You guys should add options to make the traps in the Mechanic tree ranged AoE attacks.
  15. QuantumFX

Lamannia Update 66 Preview 2 - Epic Destiny Refresh

Hey Tonquin - Both the Depths of Darkness and Unholy Feeding descriptions claim to give the "Doesn't trigger Pressure Plates or Bear Traps" ability. Is this intentional, or a cut and paste error?
  16. QuantumFX

Update 66 Preview 2 Release Notes

Sacred Fist, you say? :D
  17. QuantumFX

THF Swashbuckling Bard? Is there such a thing?

Probably 1 FvS or Cleric for Divine Might and 1 Fighter or Barb for a feat or run speed. And 15 Bard/3 Rogue/2 Fighter for option two. But.... ...you are making a case for 15 Bard/3 Dragon Lord/2 Rogue. If I'm reading this right, you'll need 5 Dragon Lord/15 Bard. And you'll need to give up...
  18. QuantumFX

Update 66 Preview 1 - Tooltip Overhaul

Could you add the Spell power, Spell Crit and, Spell Crit Multipliers to the tooltip of a spell? ex. Horn of Thunder Cooldown: 12 seconds Target: Foe, Directional, Breakable Save: 98 (Fortitude) Spell Point Cost: 20 School: Evocation Spell Resistance: No <- Honestly, I think if there's spell...