Search results

1. Alodar

Hirelings

Well, it looks like they quietly fixed the Hirelings "doing too much on their own" problem. They seem to be back to their own selves again. I walk near a switch and they just stand there now. I walk near a shrine when the cleric is nearly full mana and they just stand behind me. Glory days!
  2. Alodar

Hirelings

Oh yeah, I remember seeing him. I was like what is with this dude, it's like a Pyro with only a hammer.
  3. Alodar

Hirelings

I have played for hours today and not one Hireling has done anything I didn't tell them to do. Maybe TPTB have heard my rantings and read my BUG reports! Of course I only played on HardCore today, but this is promising.
  4. Alodar

Hirelings

I hadn't either for many years, but they just started doing this in the last 6 months. The bought cleric and the special hirelings all do the same. It has really gotten irritating and I have to change my strategy a lot, like making them stand outside a room while I go in and get a key for...
  5. Alodar

Hirelings

All active aggressive, see picture above.
  6. Alodar

Hirelings

In "The Wizard of Wines" downstairs I have to race the Hirelings to flip the switches, they are running around flipping switches while I am fighting trees all alone. BTW, by level 10 I have 5 hires: Cleric, Froggo, Muse, Teal, and Scarecrow
  7. Alodar

Hirelings

Offensive
  8. Alodar

Hirelings

If you don't set them to active they won't automatically heal you. Set to active doesn't mean interact with everything in sight, it means a healer heals and a fighter fights.
  9. Alodar

Hirelings

It happens a lot in WaterWorks now. First level, The room where the key is above in the rafters. Frigging hirelings close the door after you enter and there is no switch to re-open it. Worthless to call a DM anymore so you just have to restart the quest. Many other quests happens too.
  10. Alodar

Hirelings

I like to solo. Because of that I tend to use a lot of hirelings. The Hirelings used to be mostly difficult because they were just stupid, but now they are difficult because of given crazy logic AI that is just dungeon wrecking. They: (even when binded to a spot) NEVER WAIT FOR OR OBEY...
  11. Alodar

Change to Dungeon Alert

Okay to be fair, if this is what you are going to do, and you are going to increase the mob's speed/damage/agility, why not increase the amount of experience gotten from them when killed? This way, even in Slayers there would be some benefit.