Search results

1. S

Restless isles and flying carpets

Think of them as rugs with invisible feet. Anywhere feet don't work the carpet won't work.
  2. S

where does caster dps *really*fall off

I think the current state of the game is clear for people without a specific agenda. The 2 main characters on my main account are melee dps and will stay that way for a long while given the current state of balance. My 3rd alt on my account is a caster and will transition to a martial dps...
  3. S

Most of my R10s have been 3 manned with 2 guildies and we typically have a tank, caster and one martial dps, so yes 6 low dps characters is definitely enough dps. But I've also pugged enough R10s to see how a poorly constructed party with too many casters and no tank does in R10 and I go...
  4. S

I believe the devs err'd when they nerfed caster dps for R7-R10. The problem which is not caster specific is helpless damage which was overbuffed, but it's most noticeable with casters that can make something helpless and then aoe it. I believe the R7-R10 nerf should have been on helpless...
  5. S

Yes, it does seem the caster nerfs were based more on a few people on the forums constantly posting for it vs. an actual need for the nerf, but I am fine with it as with all the recent melee buffs my main melee character is better at the one thing I used to not use melees for - soloing quests...
  6. S

yes this is exactly my experience. Casters are kind of like the punter in football. you definitely appreciate it when they do a great job, but it's a low-value role compared to other roles because it's not as impactful as other roles. But you still want exactly 1 on the team and you want them...
  7. S

I haven't seen an all-caster party complete R10 since people were exploiting charms. People have been moving off of caster in recent months so I wouldn't expect this to be a common party make-up with the current meta. A group of of 6 casters can likely complete R10s, albeit very messy and slow...
  8. S

If you are focused on R1 leveling I agree with your assessment because most groups are significantly overpowered for the difficulty while leveling as they only care about maximizing regular xp and going fast. At least when I've run quests with no caster the martial builds have no problem...
  9. S

As someone playing a mix of casters and martial builds I would say caster dps is not very good and it's not good. Casters have a niche ability to cc and clear trash mobs efficiently which makes them good at soloing and in certain roles - it also makes them good at kill count for people focused...
  10. S

This isn't so much about build, but approach. Moving from R4 to R6 isn't a big deal with 4+ people but with 2 it's easy to underestimate the jump. The main 2 things is that you are taking 74% more damage from enemies and have to deal with vengeance and despair reapers. The 74% damage won't be...
  11. S

best way to farm red fens mats?

It's more linear than it looks - just takes a few repeats to get the hang of it. When you get past the giant area drop down to a bridge that leads to a shrine. If you drop all the way down you have to do more fighting for no benefit. Here is a voodu video that might help:
  12. S

best way to farm red fens mats?

I haven't noticed any difference in mat drop rates between normal and reaper. I think you can just farm all the quests on normal until you have enough mats, but into the deep is definitely longer to solo. In a group it's fine because you can split up to complete the sides. Once a chest is...
  13. S

Skull and Pumpkin Head Removal

This is sort of on-topic but sort of off-topic, but have you tried wild magic yet? They give some nice cosmetic buffs to your head you might appreciate.
  14. S

T-shirt Idea

I tried wild magic and all I got was a stack of ghallanda distillate
  15. S

Good youtubers?

I would recommend Vooduspyce - he makes the best videos I've seen for DDO. He also streams on twitch. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9-XxuSfsXQ1U9yKUvQSxjw
  16. S

Skull and Pumpkin Head Removal

Just find a piece of cosmetic head gear that blocks it and nobody is going to waste those on you.
  17. S

DDO Bonus Days!

This is right, but it's exactly 100,001 exp short of cap. Master's Gift only grants 99,999 instead of 100,000 for reasons unknown.
  18. S

Sales: June 13th - June 20th

Also not seeing +20 hearts.
  19. S

Value of Ultimate Fan Bundle for VIP's

If you are interested in the things included the value is there. If you aren't interested in those things the value will never be there. The more characters you have - the more value you get out of the tomes. I am happy with the offering, but haven't yet tested out the hireling.
  20. S

Magic of Myth Drannor Content*

Of special note, assuming it's not a mistake, points to purchase content drops to 2,995 compared to 3,995 for isle of dread. That is very nice of SSG! Of special caution for those assuming upgrades will be available later. "Are upgrade tiers being offered for the various Magic of Myth Drannor...