Search results

1. eshadowbringer

Chest ransack causing heartburn in hardcore

After you open the chest the 8th time in a week "Ransack" Named items and special mats (hay, tokens) no longer drop. Actually the same goes for quest/chain end rewards. I agree with others that rng has been rough so far this season! This is good advice especially at low levels. smoke...
  2. eshadowbringer

How about a softcore server?

ROFL got my +1 I just figured this out!
  3. eshadowbringer

To be fair, it's not quite the same as being on a server where everyone else also just started.
  4. eshadowbringer

Actually I think you can select a "path" on most of the main classes. What is it you want? More of a roleplay server? I don't think the culture of DDO in its current state would support that. I can see the appeal though! The game is more fun for me when I can go all in on the immersion...
  5. eshadowbringer

What is your most enjoyable content to run each life, and why?

Very good to know! Funny how you can run a quest like that hundreds of times and get so used to doing it a specific way! That is one of the things I like about the hardcore seasons. It forces you out of you comfort zone and forces to to rely on strategy instead of past lives and gear! And it...
  6. eshadowbringer

List of content with instakill mechanics or notable ways to easily die

It was the sunburst looking thingy that got me! I was being careful, as always, clearing as i go. zigged when i shoulda zagged i guess.
  7. eshadowbringer

My 400+ HP blightcaster just got 1-shotted on the stairs in amber temple on Heroic Elite. - RIP -
  8. eshadowbringer

How do you get around the 10 skeleton kills to open the first locked door and the 3 to open the first lever after the ladder? (My above question may have seemed snarky, and I want to clarify that it was not my intention. I genuinely apologize if it came across that way. I am sincerely curious.)
  9. eshadowbringer

For me its not so much the content as the mind-set. I never enjoy quests as much as I do when I finally slow down from the grind and do a flavor build. That being said, I love the older content! Tear, Gwylan's, Storm Cleave Outpost, Redwillows Ruins. They are just more D&Dish to me than...
  10. eshadowbringer

Has chest loot changed

This is accurate
  11. eshadowbringer

Orchard Slayers

It was nerfed several years ago from its crazy (amazing) spawn rate! In its current form it is still one of the best xp per min spots pre legendary. But Stoner81 is correct, you want to get to 5 man scaling and have as big of slayer pot as you can. Actually, the original rendition of Kings...
  12. eshadowbringer

Roflstomp army of hires on HC

The alabaster lioness does not drop on hardcore server i guess. some are saying it will appear when you x-fer to home server. thoe onyx one does though at least it did for me.
  13. eshadowbringer

Roflstomp army of hires on HC

And since xp is not really an issue pulling the owlbear at 15 and the lion at 18 doesn't bother me .. I'm already capped on xp! But, yeah hires in my static duo have a rough time of it! Glad there is not a hirling union!
  14. eshadowbringer

Death by falling damage. At level 23. Underwater.

This is my fear... I have invested only time and patience but if this kind of thing happens to me I will take another extended break! It takes 100% of the fun out of the game.... And lag falling damage does not care what difficulty you run! This is 100% a mistake to put the hoard piece in...
  15. eshadowbringer

Disabled in hardcore. But works quite well otherwise! 🤪
  16. eshadowbringer

Caravan Quest in Menachtun

I feel like this too, I actually skip the quest unless someone has a viable ranged option.
  17. eshadowbringer

Something seems off post U59

I really have been trying to keep a positive outlook, striving to keep things optimistic if I can. However, it can be disheartening when a developer fails to engage in a conversation thread. A simple comment from them can make a significant difference, as it assures us that our voices have been...
  18. eshadowbringer

Can Crown of Fireflies be glamered?

That is awsome and not what I assumed would happen!
  19. eshadowbringer

Can Crown of Fireflies be glamered?

I doubt it, as I have tried it the other way around while wearing the crown. The butterflies persisted even with my new glamor. So it is seperate from the cosmetic I think. Although not conclusive I would say compelling! Beat me to it!
  20. eshadowbringer

Listing these for newer and returning players and just refreshing memories for some of us is the entire premise of this thread! It is that remaining 10% that gets ya every time!