Search results

1. Xgya

Stealth changes to quests

Man, can you imagine just how much faster some of those quests would be? No more waiting on Elminster. No more wondering why the Haste spell doesn't work on Cyan...
  2. Xgya

SSG: Time to reel in 18/1/1 builds

STOP HAVING FUN THE WRONG WAY!
  3. Xgya

New VIP Loyalty Reward Plan ... Thoughts ?

The "prepare spells anywhere" thing is neat. It's nice QoL. The cosmetics look nice and unique and flashy enough for everyone to notice. 1% loot boost is worth a lot, especially if you can get it multiple years in a row. The loot bags look meh, but a free +20 heart every few months is certainly...
  4. Xgya

Why is it IMPOSSIBLE for SSG to code hirelings to behave as instructed?

You have to understand that they can't even make people that got turned to stone stop moving completely (I got too many "stone statues" look around quizzically only to go immobile again a few seconds later) I think making NPCs stop moving entirely is something somehow outside of their reach.
  5. Xgya

Cleave and Great Cleave changes to make it worth picking.

I tend to take Cleaves on builds I WON'T have Strikethrough on. If I can rely on Strikethrough to take care of trash, then all I have left is to focus on the boss. Meanwhile, my SWF Swash Bard needs all the help he needs not to end up having to kill every mob one by one. I don't think giving...
  6. Xgya

A Message to Our Players From SSG

I don't feel quite as assuaged as many other posters about the bonuses, but I'm nevertheless happy to see the game back online. It's hard to figure out what I would have thought appropriate as compensation, given that a lot if not most of my playtime is on week-ends, being unable to play for a...
  7. Xgya

Having a tool/process to move named items to a different named item set

You can already do that with some sets, through augments. It might be fun to apply to more sets. Balances it out with the cost of an augment slot and the loss of the original set bonus.
  8. Xgya

Lower the Out-of-Combat timer to 4 sec, and add an OOC UI indicator

You're arguing that in DDO we spend very little time out of combat, not that whatever counts as "out of combat" should be on a shorter delay here. As the rules currently are, when you need to be out of combat, you can. If you want to continue running, then it means you don't feel the need to...
  9. Xgya

Tomb of the Forbidden with hireling

It used to. Nowadays, you gotta be even more creative. SOME of the old tricks still work (did it this week with a Strinati's). I know certain spells still go through walls, but the normal culprits no longer do.
  10. Xgya

I've learned to like Tormented. I'd rather do Torment 4-5 times in a row than having to run Threnal ...except if I didn't have trapping available. THEN it's still the hell it always was.
  11. Xgya

Lower the Out-of-Combat timer to 4 sec, and add an OOC UI indicator

There's already SOME kind of indicator (character changes stance), but we all know it's not definitly sync'd and I agree some kind of (optional) UI would be very welcome. I don't think the timer needs to change though. The 6 second one is especially meaningful given it's one whole tabletop...
  12. Xgya

Elemental damage and Immunities... a rethink

Even better: you could potentially make resistance lowering itemizable, and classes that have multiple ways to break have those stack (only example coming to mind is Awaken Weakness for Sorcs)
  13. Xgya

Elemental damage and Immunities... a rethink

At this point you're almost suggesting Magic Fortification. Because spells can Crit and Fort doesn't seem to affect that. You could keep energy resistances and add some form of crit resistance to mobs because it's a mechanic that already works against pointy stick users. Then you introduce...
  14. Xgya

Hirelings are finnicky. Getting them RIGHT by the lever can sometimes help, but even then, not surefire. If I miss it on one side, I just unlock the second lever, bring the hire there and try again from the other lever.
  15. Xgya

Bladeforged and Shadar-Kai cosmetics: convert them from btc to bta

Almost no cost to the devs, small QoL for everyone. Perfect QoL suggestion.
  16. Xgya

New progression systems needed

Reminder that you could ask the same question of anyone that's asking for more progression to be available. There's already progression available, and most people won't even entertain the idea of trying it because of time constraints. Adding more progression won't change that.
  17. Xgya

Stat squishing reaper trees as a holdover

So long as all they give is cosmetics, I'm all for it. Anyone that has reached wings can now go back to 0 points and get *shinier* wings! With extra skulls or sparkles! People look at their point total and think it's too dang high? Here's a solution: make your wings shinier, with absolutely no...
  18. Xgya

Have a laugh or help me

Really depends on personal preferences. If you like reading, DDOWiki is your bestest friend when it comes to quests and finding out where what equipment is found. If you're more of a listener, I second that Strimtom suggestion for new, interesting builds using the latest the game gave out, and...
  19. Xgya

Do you think DDO would loose something if it was upgraded graphically?

I don't think it'd lose any of its charm, but my computer probably couldn't handle it, so I'd have to stop playing instead.
  20. Xgya

Zero effort for the 18th Anniversary Event

Yeah, a lot more of THIS than any complaints about the Event itself. I can understand that a lot of work went into ED reworks and that a lot has been put into monthly gifts year-round. That this led to getting a patch with this many issues that make playing more of a hassle be part of DDO's...