2 Newb warlock questions

Eirwen

Longtime cleric trying a warlock and loving it. 2 questions, first I went cold damage as I always play as an ice caster in games, I see 3 pacts get extra bonus damage feats? is this because they are buffing the damage to match other pacts, or are they just devs favs and get extra damage :)
Second, 1 skill uses chaotic damage and scales with spell power, what do I need to invest in to raise that damage if any?

Rehmlah

Glad you're enjoying warlock!
I'm not entirely sure what you mean by your first question. All six pacts get a feat to add pact damage to eldritch blast. Both the base and pact damage scale with warlock level. The Acolyte of the Skin archetype - mutually exclusive with normal warlock - instead gets its damage progression through autogranted feats which, much like monk stances, can be manually taken if you multiclass. Finally, there are epic feats for all warlocks which increase base and pact damage dice.
For your second question, chaotic damage is increased by alignment spellpower. In items, this appears as Radiance (boosting light and alignment), so you may have some gear hanging around from your cleric lives to help with this. Should you take Utterdark Blast in Tainted Scholar, that eldritch essence stance can change the base damage of your eldritch blast from force to evil, which also scales with alignment spellpower (as opposed to impulse/kinetic lore for force spellpower).

Eirwen

Thanks for the reply. The first question was when I look in my feats, I see one called pact damage acquired 4 times. Under that in RED it says requires Fey, Fiend or GOO so I assume since its red and since I am cold damage, I'm not getting this?. Quickly made an acid pact warlock checked and this time GOO was white, so I assume getting the extra damage.?

As for the other question I need to invest in Radiance. This I can do. :)

Xgya

Thanks for the reply. The first question was when I look in my feats, I see one called pact damage acquired 4 times. Under that in RED it says requires Fey, Fiend or GOO so I assume since its red and since I am cold damage, I'm not getting this?. Quickly made an acid pact warlock checked and this time GOO was white, so I assume getting the extra damage.?

As for the other question I need to invest in Radiance. This I can do. :)
Almost right.
Most feats have more than one way to acquire them. You're certainly getting the benefits of any feats on your Character Sheet, I assure you :)

It just means the description hasn't been updated since the addition of the cold pact is all - if a dev reads this, it's a very easily fixable graphical bug - it won't affect your character.
Since those are auto-granted, I'm surprised they even HAVE prerequisites, to be honest.

Eirwen

Almost right.
Most feats have more than one way to acquire them. You're certainly getting the benefits of any feats on your Character Sheet, I assure you :)

It just means the description hasn't been updated since the addition of the cold pact is all - if a dev reads this, it's a very easily fixable graphical bug - it won't affect your character.
Since those are auto-granted, I'm surprised they even HAVE prerequisites, to be honest.

Ok now it's all is clear, I'm going to reroll tonight as I need the alignment changed to chaotic for a couple of spells. Good way to learn gameplay.

Rehmlah

I'm going to reroll tonight as I need the alignment changed to chaotic for a couple of spells.
I just looked through the Warlock spell list to double-check, and I don't see any Warlock spells which require you to be a particular alignment. If you're talking about the enhancement SLAs which do chaotic damage, those don't depend on your alignment, either; chaotic is simply a damage type in this case. Note that your alignment will affect which pact you're allowed to take (e.g. you can't take Celestial pact if you're Chaotic), but the Carceri Storm pact you chose doesn't have any restrictions.
What problem are you running into which requires you to be chaotic? I hope you don't have to reroll.

Eirwen

I just looked through the Warlock spell list to double-check, and I don't see any Warlock spells which require you to be a particular alignment. If you're talking about the enhancement SLAs which do chaotic damage, those don't depend on your alignment, either; chaotic is simply a damage type in this case. Note that your alignment will affect which pact you're allowed to take (e.g. you can't take Celestial pact if you're Chaotic), but the Carceri Storm pact you chose doesn't have any restrictions.
What problem are you running into which requires you to be chaotic? I hope you don't have to reroll.

Yup I just found out, I rerolled thinking I needed to be chaotic to use those damage spells and someone mentioned in world chat it did not require it like you mentioned. Oh well I was a low level and does not take long to get back.