A Greeting From The DDO Wiki!

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
Greetings from the DDO Wiki! Created in 2006 during DDO's beta tests, we're the game's oldest and largest fan wiki (and the one with the most arguments.) Among many other things, we host maps and information on DDO's many quests and detailed lists of (nearly) all the monsters that will oppose you, and (nearly) all the items you might find within. You can find us here: https://ddowiki.com.

Of course, as a fan-run project, we're always willing to welcome new editors! If you ever come across something we're missing, something we got wrong, or something you found hard to understand, feel free to create an account and start changing things! We'd love to have you with us.

The_Apocalypse

I use DDOwiki for a lot of things, from crafting to quest info to named item lookups to monster manual info to guild renown to...

Onyxia2016

DDOWiki is a godsend for new players and still very helpful to seasoned veterans.
When there is something you just can't remember, hit up the wiki.

I love the forums but they are not structured as a knowledge base so the wiki is the first stop.
If you happen to fine something not covered in the wiki (very, very rare) then search the fourms in hope there is a thread about it or start a thread to get community assistance.

I do like the idea @Tscheuss had about a sub-forum for DDOWiki. I am sure a lot of players would post to it that are just not comfortable with updating the wiki themselves.

TeamScorpioRI

DDOWiki is the best resource! I usually always have it up when running the game, referencing maps, looking for gear (especially when running quests and I forget what drops where), and planning builds. So much good information here!

Aelonwy

Not everyone knows enough code or computer language to help with the wiki concretely, but I can see the usefulness in having a subforum for wiki requests, wiki corrections, posting images that could be used on the wiki for items/mobs that have none, posting questions about the wiki such as what does "such and such" mean? Its not a bad idea to have a collective space for such.

Cordovan

Community Manager
It would allow for requests for updates on new items or quests. A thread would cover it if it were sticky otherwise it would get buried in old threads and people would start new ones.
This has to date not been a problem, and the few posts asking for Wiki edits typically gets a response of "ok, so what is stopping you from doing it?" :) I am ok with creating a sub-forum to coordinate Wiki edits, but I just don't see it getting much if any use based on historic posting behavior. If there is enough interest though to warrant its creation that is fine with me!

Sylvado

This has to date not been a problem, and the few posts asking for Wiki edits typically gets a response of "ok, so what is stopping you from doing it?" :) I am ok with creating a sub-forum to coordinate Wiki edits, but I just don't see it getting much if any use based on historic posting behavior. If there is enough interest though to warrant its creation that is fine with me!
Not from history but we are in a change period and that is an ideal time to look for opportunities for efficiency changes.

Lagin

to this day wiki is the #1 source for game info, Thank you.

I will once again offer up a banner image I made a few years ago if you ever decide to replace the current one.

Svsiefd.png

Cordovan

Community Manager
Not from history but we are in a change period and that is an ideal time to look for opportunities for efficiency changes.
Are you a Wiki editor? I'd love to get input from people actually editing and running the Wiki on the idea.

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
Are you a Wiki editor? I'd love to get input from people actually editing and running the Wiki on the idea.
Personally, I think this would be an excellent idea. We do have a Discord that serves something of a similar function, but it's quite hard to find unless you're already a member of the wiki. Having a space on the forum for people to ask questions or point out mistakes could be really helpful.

Certainly, with the old forums, any request for clarification from the wiki tended to be embedded in the middle of a thread, and thus really hard to find unless you happened to be reading that thread anyway, so having a dedicated space to put that sort of request would make it much more likely to get spotted.