Advice please for necro DC caster cleric gear?

Finn

Hey. So I haven't updated my gear since sharn/feywild, and looking for advice on gear with the main focus being necro Cleric DC caster, secondary focus healing.

My playstyle:
This char has fun as an insta killing + CC, as well as healer. high skulls + lh / r1 raids.
This char has no real DPS - I don't solo. Heck, it takes 50% of my mana to solo kill the Purple rares in IoD wild. -- and I am fine with this.
When in high reaper in a group - I cast greater command (knockdown) + holy smite (blind) as the openers to CC mobs - and then destruction + SLA to kill 2 casters/archers , toss out some heals to people. and if anything is left, meh thats what DPS are for. When insta off CD use them again. I use Fear on reapers. I know its one of the WORST things to do, but I get a personal kick out of fearing the Fear Repears :p

I get huge temp HP by switching to the staff of summer solstice, raging with Blood feast + procing legendary affirmation. really helps the high reaper survivability.

Looking at the IoD gear, and u59 Legendary sets:
I am just, meh - not sure if its worth doing anything really for a DC caster that doesn't care about a little spell critical chance or critical damage.
I got the essence of litinay, and that onyx ring for profane ability + spell DC -- so the 5dino set just doesn't have much to offer imo.

I run flamecleansed, I might be switching to Hruits when I switch to Dino trinket (4th F slot + 15 wis vs 14) .
Minor artifact:
wis14, exceptional Hamp 15, Divine augmentation ix, Quality SFM+2
https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Gilded_Gloves_of_Sanctity

1) What does the divine Augmentation really do ? I always run with Highten on for all spells.

neck:
https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Pendant_of_Bottled_Moonlight
2) again, what does the +3 to caster levels actually do for my slayliving, destruction, destruction, SLA, cause fear

3) I find I tend to like gear that has effects (feats, freezes, invis gaurd , etc), and not just stats. I know absorbs don't do much for High skulls - but I find they do a bunch for raids.

4) I am just a little over, and even underwhelmed by ALL the new set options as a DC caster. any advice ? New to IoD, so light on crafting mats - but farming them - but have plenty of raid runes to buy any items not IoD.

Thanks, Finn.

Livmo

These are old versions, but I tend to craft what I need:

VHRJ8b5.jpg

hxFnlg7.jpg

I use Destruction and Slay Living allot, plus the rest of these on the hot bars:

2nosqaE.jpg

Regarding heals I use the Epic Destiny SLAs and Mass Cure Crital Wounds allot, because it can heal, but also liven the undead :D

Finn

Thank you for your reply Livmo, but its not very helpful to anyone that is talking about high end reaper DC's, and if to be using Dino 3/5 or sharn, or any other u59ish new sets.
I am still looking if anyone has a better DC caster gearset recommendation than 3 sharn, 4 winter (survivability) -- going to move to a Dino artifact, as the 4th fillegree slot is just too powerful to pass up. + 1 dino item is kinda useful as well. I am just not seeing it for trying to do more than just 1 item.
Am open to suggestions. thanks.

Livmo

Thank you for your reply Livmo, but its not very helpful to anyone that is talking about high end reaper DC's, and if to be using Dino 3/5 or sharn, or any other u59ish new sets.
I am still looking if anyone has a better DC caster gearset recommendation than 3 sharn, 4 winter (survivability) -- going to move to a Dino artifact, as the 4th fillegree slot is just too powerful to pass up. + 1 dino item is kinda useful as well. I am just not seeing it for trying to do more than just 1 item.
Am open to suggestions. thanks.
YW! I'm playing barbarian atm and don't have all the items handy, but yes you do want to max. on the fillegrees. The image above is an FvS (WIS) and not a pure cleric. I had allot of fun running pure cleric and sometimes had the highest or close to the highest kill count, and could still heal. Somewhere in my morning brain fog I know you can do it! (find the right mix of gear for your build). And I'm curious what you come up with, since you have to go all out on DCs for what you're planning to do.

Depending on past lives, you can get away with crafted gear, or at least I did. I should mention I don't use metamajics and didn't feel the need for Heighten (I feel that spending AP in the Enhacment Trees for metamajics is a trap as well).

This was my base WIS before adding any other item/filli/set bonus:

Sw2gdMt.jpg

I prefer BtA stuff and I did use this a few times, but you may already know about it. I don't recall what I had slotted:

RuYT8mL.png

Last edited:

Palumtra

Definitely A Member
Bracers of the Owl and Belt of Blind Devotion from the Borderlands Pack give a huge WIS bonus from early epic levels, unfortunately there are no legendary versions.
Sharn individual items worth noting that give DCs: (unless you already have these :D )
Legendary Shattered Onyx (+6 insightful stat bonus with upgarde)
Legendary Concentrated Chaos (+3 quality stat bonus with upgrade)
Legendary Black Satin Waist (+3 quality stat bonus with upgrade)
Legendary Arcsteel Brim

Don't forget to put up an LFM when you farm specific items so folks can help you with it.

As for Sharn item sets (Legendary) Esotheric Initiate gives DC and stat bonus to all casters and are good to start with, but falls short when compared to other sets from other expansions later on.
Dreadkeeper unfortunately doesn't give Wisdom.

Can't help you with IoD gear as I don't own that content yet.

Good luck!

DeathTitan

Since you named the Hruit set in your main post, you could take a look at the equipment I'm using for my druid:

For casters that do not strip elemental immunity I would use tiefling race for end game to use scorch sla to strip fire immunity and burst of glacial wrath + dragon breath fire to kill large pack of mobs (greater color spray is also good to make mobs helpless but I would take both to be able to CC any kind of mobs).

Pendant of the azure sky instead of azure sea.
spell critical damage fire instead of cold.
and I don't know if you prefer spell critical damage force or light on a cleric.

Maybe insightful wisdom on trinket and profane DC on dino cloak in order to remove the legendary shattered onyx ring, legendary sunken slipper boots (for insightful + quality spell power), dinosaur bone ring artifact, sunstone gauntlets instead of crystalline gauntlets.

Refutor

if you don't use the hruit set, you can include the Grim Gauntlets from Skeletons raid
not anything to do with DCs but good cleric gloves, includes turning and postiive spell crit and power. i go flamecleansed set, isle of dread set (for artifact and profane bonuses)....make sure i have a +15 wisdom artifact, +6 insightful wisdom (i use legendary shattered onyx), use attuned dragon quarterstaff so i can get +2 exceptional DC and +2 exceptional wisdom, use the festival wisdom augment, +2 necro augment from gianthold. there's probably more, but i'm doing this off my phone :) filigrees make a big difference too...i have two wisdom raid filigrees, 4 set eye of beholder, 4 set otto's and 4 piece dragonsoul (+2 wisdom and -10% cooldown reduction).

Last edited: