Aelonwy's Fashion Favorites 2.0

warlock player

I have a question since you seem well versed in cosmetics.

Do you know what armours Ghaele's / Lieutenant Zeira are wearing? and the shield of Ghaele's?

Thank you very much : ) been tryna find this out for 7 years or so lol

saekee

3nbENcF.jpg

ALL my in-game screenshots of this alt are way too dark for details. I guess the rogue just doesn't like having her mugshot taken.

Lunaura : Drow Rogue of Various Flavors

Image 1 Left

• Head : Boundless
  • Armor : Deep Arcanum
  • Cloak : Black Velvet Capelet
  • Main Hand : None
  • Offhand : None

Image 1 Right
  • Head : Spider Cult Mask Elite Version
  • Armor : Drow Outrunner Armor
  • Cloak : HC S5 Cloak
  • Main Hand : Agony (Not Pictured)
  • Offhand : Drow Dagger (Not Pictured)
In my latest stumblings to find the perfect assassin armor (right now on a drow life for a long time), I really like the drow outrunner armor. It looks really roguish on a male toon whereas it is more skimpy/sensual on females. I had no idea—it would be quite the project to update all the wili images with opposing gender differences of armor types. Will post a pic here later (plus bumps the thread with multiple posts ;))

Aelonwy

I have a question since you seem well versed in cosmetics.

Do you know what armours Ghaele's / Lieutenant Zeira are wearing? and the shield of Ghaele's?

Thank you very much : ) been tryna find this out for 7 years or so lol
I'm pretty certain those are NPC-only armors. The closest player item might be the Silver Dragonscale that was only available during the DDO Season Pass deal. I'm sorry there is nothing readily available to players in named or random gen quite like it.

Arthuvin

@Aelonwy, I'm preparing to post a thread requesting some simple armor apperances to be added to the game. Should we talk in private before I do that?

Maybe we can create a thread together

Where does one find the Order's Robes? I have not beat the game yet so forgive the noobishness but...I would also like any other kimono/printed red dresses like that look. Flowery or frilly for some girls.

Aelonwy

*shrug* Uhm I don't know if my tastes could be considered simple exactly. I do prefer symmetrical except for anything Xoriat themed.

I keep a few random gen armors on my cosmetic storage alt that I hope to someday get better versions but RNG isn't being kind.
For instance:
eXM3RyR.jpg

Which makes a good base for an armor but it has NO upper accessory layer whatsoever.

Here is the same armor with the beginnings of an accessory layer but most of it (vambrace, cuisses, greaves, belt) is missing for some reason.
ie3wggD.jpg

Here is some random player wearing what I have been trying to find, with the missing parts:
5kNxAU4.jpg

Does that qualify as simple to you? I do wish it were more symmetrical... seems like whomever originally designed the DDO armors hated symmetry.

Aelonwy

Where does one find the Order's Robes? I have not beat the game yet so forgive the noobishness but...I would also like any other kimono/printed red dresses like that look. Flowery or frilly for some girls.
Order's Garb is from Best Laid Plans in the Sharn Expansion. There are a few variations of this robe available. A black and red variation (mostly black) from the Soul Splitter adventure pack and a black & blue variation/green & blue variation from the newest expansion Vecna Unleashed.

nenetteblackmoor

Which makes a good base for an armor but it has NO upper accessory layer whatsoever.
Here is the same armor with the beginnings of an accessory layer but most of it (vambrace, cuisses, greaves, belt) is missing for some reason.
ie3wggD.jpg
There's a hidden secret in a Full Plate, and lower-level ones have fewer parts.
So, if you want a Full Plate with many parts, it's advisable to search for a high-item-level Full Plate.

If you're looking for a slightly unconventional armor that not everyone is wearing, I recommend the Half Plate Armor with the Full Plate Icon.
It used to be a Random Unique Half Plate discontinued in Update 14, but you can still acquire it through the Sharn Chain in the Marketplace or as an end reward in WW.

Its appearance is akin to Silken Mail with added parts from Full Plate Armor. Since the days of its introduction, acquiring a Half Plate with the Full Plate Icon has been a rare drop, making it not easily obtainable. Additionally, even if you manage to obtain one, whether you find its appearance appealing is a separate matter.

Arthuvin

*shrug* Uhm I don't know if my tastes could be considered simple exactly. I do prefer symmetrical except for anything Xoriat themed.

I keep a few random gen armors on my cosmetic storage alt that I hope to someday get better versions but RNG isn't being kind.
For instance:
eXM3RyR.jpg

ie3wggD.jpg

Here is some random player wearing what I have been trying to find, with the missing parts:
5kNxAU4.jpg

Does that qualify as simple to you? I do wish it were more symmetrical... seems like whomever originally designed the DDO armors hated symmetry.
For me it is simple for them to add to the game because it is a combination of elements which already exists at the game. I'll prepare my images of what I wish for them to add and we may make a compilation before posting in the suggestions forum.

Order's Garb is from Best Laid Plans in the Sharn Expansion. There are a few variations of this robe available. A black and red variation (mostly black) from the Soul Splitter adventure pack and a black & blue variation/green & blue variation from the newest expansion Vecna Unleashed.
Thank you. Also speaking of Sharn, The Inquisitor's Mask. Is it available as a normal equip item of unique to just those that bought the dlc directly? Thanks for that info too.

Aelonwy

Thank you. Also speaking of Sharn, The Inquisitor's Mask. Is it available as a normal equip item of unique to just those that bought the dlc directly? Thanks for that info too.
The Inquisitive's Mask https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Inquisitive's_Mask , assuming this is what you are asking of is only available to those who purchased the Collector's or Ultimate edition of the Sharn Expansion bundle. However, you get the set of cosmetics on every character on every server.

Lazuli

This look is gorgeous.:
CMDwUAZ.jpg

I love it so much!

The truth is that I love most of the looks, but that gnome and the tiefling below look like works of art to me lol

d8SZ56b.jpg

sooo hellish! :love:

I thought about it the first time I saw this topic, but I shouldn't have had time to comment on it that time and then I forgot. Well done!

The Inquisitive's Mask https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Inquisitive's_Mask , assuming this is what you are asking of is only available to those who purchased the Collector's or Ultimate edition of the Sharn Expansion bundle. However, you get the set of cosmetics on every character on every server.
Thanks. I.....sigh kinda knew it but yeah its good to see it confirmed. Thank you. No longer available I assume as that purchase?

Aelonwy

Thanks. I.....sigh kinda knew it but yeah its good to see it confirmed. Thank you. No longer available I assume as that purchase?

I could be wrong of course but I believe you can still purchase the Collector's and Ultimate Bundles of Sharn. I would suggest waiting until a good expansion sale, typically Summer Sales Event, or Black Friday or Christmas.

You will need to log into forums go to home page, go to Shop on the DDO Market (at the very top), go to Older Expansions, scroll all the way down, click Show More and scroll almost all the way down again to see the Sharn Bundles.

Lazuli

One question, Aelonwy. How do you manage to see the glasses on the toon's forehead? I have never been able to see the glasses in any of my characters other than over the eyes.

Aelonwy

One question, Aelonwy. How do you manage to see the glasses on the toon's forehead? I have never been able to see the glasses in any of my characters other than over the eyes.
IIRC, there are some bugs such as not all glasses/goggles are visible on all races but to put the glasses on the top of the head use:

/gogglesup on (to show them on forehead)
/gogglesup off (to put them back over eyes)

I could be wrong of course but I believe you can still purchase the Collector's and Ultimate Bundles of Sharn. I would suggest waiting until a good expansion sale, typically Summer Sales Event, or Black Friday or Christmas.

You will need to log into forums go to home page, go to Shop on the DDO Market (at the very top), go to Older Expansions, scroll all the way down, click Show More and scroll almost all the way down again to see the Sharn Bundles.
Whoa. If it gets me that cosmetic I have paid worse for things. Thank you Aelonwy. Here's too your adventures and the pursuit of the finest threads. 🍻