Banking More then 2 lvl's in Heroic?

The Narc

If you haven't gone ahead with this yet, I can confirm that I did use a +0 with my one. So it's not go anything to do with the LR Heart in use.

J1NG
+0 lesser heart was the only one i have ever used where this happened as any other time i used the other versions i didnt have banked xp. Its a good change, foolish of me to assume that this hadnt changed, Dragavon had it bang on.

dur

aka Cybersquirt
tldr but as VIP I'm gonna say - I don't want any whiners to nerf the avoidance of leveling n item tetris, except on MY schedule - have had no problems until hard caps @ 20 and 30. Thought it was a problem for a minute, but it is not. Not until "hard caps." aforementioned, where yeah, they go into ethers. ..until someone takes issue n "the right ppl complain". Hard caps for now.
So, my buddy keeps telling me I can bank as many heroic lvl's as I want, using the xp gem.

[..]

Last edited:

Sylvado

I seem to recall an issue some time ago that if you used a heart while holding levels you would lose the levels you were holding.

dur

aka Cybersquirt
cant level/ lr tr without being @ level. Yes, if you bank levels you have to spend them before an ER/TR/LR etc, The Fatebinder will tell you as much :)

Col Kurtz

tldr but as VIP I'm gonna say - I don't want any whiners to nerf the avoidance of leveling n item tetris, except on MY schedule - have had no problems until hard caps @ 20 and 30. Thought it was a problem for a minute, but it is not. Not until "hard caps." aforementioned, where yeah, they go into ethers. ..until someone takes issue n "the right ppl complain". Hard caps for now.
??? this eluding that players are actually getting XP's ?? and the XP bar does not show it??

..my buddy still insists he can bank more than 2 lvl's... and is so buthurt over the argument he wouldn't group today.

I know the xp totals and bar don't move when 2+ lvl's over except from MM and xp gems....

...but, this is DDO & If there's some workaround the forum just won't admit to, that's messed up.

Dragavon

Your buddy can bank more than two levels, but only with XP from DD stones and monster manual rewards. He will not be getting quest XP. If he thinks he does then he is fooling himself 😇

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
Your buddy can bank more than two levels, but only with XP from DD stones and monster manual rewards. He will not be getting quest XP.
That's how it's always worked for me.

I can't remember if the game claims to give you xp on quest completion, but in any case, my xp total and bar never change.

JustHavingFunBro

I have noticed that when you choose the XP option from sagas it will sometimes bug out and let you bank extra. Not sure if that is WIA and I am wrong, or it is indeed a bug.

Col Kurtz

Your buddy can bank more than two levels, but only with XP from DD stones and monster manual rewards. He will not be getting quest XP. If he thinks he does then he is fooling himself 😇
yea, thats what I think. But, he's been playing longer than I have (and I been here like 10+ years) I was thinking maybe the xp's total up and just don't show on the totals? That mysterious post by Dur about ruining their fun, got me thinking there's some work around to keep getting bravery bonus' when hard capped.

Col Kurtz

Ah yes, I forgot saga XP, that goes over 2 levels too.
yup..but that saga xp is a gem, so it should work.

If the saga gem bugs the system, and allows quest xp's after hardcap then that's pretty funny?

I wouldn't know since I save those for either guild xp/or epic TR

{now, if this is true...what the freak people? just shoot me a PM on how it works and I'd delete the thread...this community with their secret bug b.s. is over the top, no wonder we cant increase our player base}

Last edited:

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
yea, thats what I think. But, he's been playing longer than I have (and I been here like 10+ years) I was thinking maybe the xp's total up and just don't show on the totals? That mysterious post by Dur about ruining their fun, got me thinking there's some work around to keep getting bravery bonus' when hard capped.
Playing longer doesn't necessarily mean they are more likely to be correct over others. We've had vets (originals, Founders) come up all the time with questions that many would consider to be; You trolling bro? Or - is this a hacked account? What vet will ask that question?

But the fact of the matter is, not everyone knows everything in DDO. Players or even Devs. Mistakes (or non-exhaustive testing) can be made during observations or testing, resulting in a misunderstood mechanic.

What Dur mentioned, is the hard point where XP needs to be levelled up to at the different stages where XP will not be added on further without levelling up to those levels first. These levels are Level 20 and Level 30. There is nothing secret being held behind the scenese here regarding XP.

J1NG

Col Kurtz

Playing longer doesn't necessarily mean they are more likely to be correct over others. We've had vets (originals, Founders) come up all the time with questions that many would consider to be; You trolling bro? Or - is this a hacked account? What vet will ask that question?

But the fact of the matter is, not everyone knows everything in DDO. Players or even Devs. Mistakes (or non-exhaustive testing) can be made during observations or testing, resulting in a misunderstood mechanic.

What Dur mentioned, is the hard point where XP needs to be levelled up to at the different stages where XP will not be added on further without levelling up to those levels first. These levels are Level 20 and Level 30. There is nothing secret being held behind the scenese here regarding XP.

J1NG
TY

the thing is..>maybe my friend's character is bugged and can bank, more lvl's and or xp's??? this is ddo after all

*I asked him to screenshot proof and post it here

I know it's easy to be fooled and think you get more xp's>the quests still reward xp's after hardcap, but as most of us know the xp totals and bar won't budge.

I kind of think he's wrong at this point...one of them play more than I, and I lvl up a lot faster. Would be even faster if I didn't stop to rez the one dude like 15 times each dungeon. But, the more experienced guy of the two, is the one who thinks they can bank more than 2 lvl's. But yea, if they were nailing more BB Bonus' then they should be at 20 or 32 before me.

But i'm a team player; I'd rather take my time to help than rush to 20 each life... specially since we rolled dice together for years.

Either way>>>someone send a tell if the Saga gem bugs our characters to allow play past hardcap...and I'll delete this thread. If I have to test it myself, I'd prob report it to Cordo as a bug.