Black screen after clicking "Play" button

So, I played DDO several years ago and decided to give it a try once again now. Each time I start the launcher, login, select a server and click "Play", there is some music for about 1 second, then it stops, there is a cursor on the screen, I can move it, but the screen is black and nothing happens. I've read the topics on this forum, advice from technical support and any other info about black screen on start I managed to find anywhere on google and I tried everything, but nothing helps. Has anybody found any solution?

No, nothing works for me. Whatever I try, after clicking "Play" I can hear music for a second (or dont when I disable sound as one of possible solutions from the list), the screen stays black and nothing happens. I have similar problems with LOTRO, but there I can start the game, although I have to delete UserPreferences.ini file each time before starting the launcher. DDO just won't start at all.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Speaking of INI, try looking for screenmode and changing it to:
ScreenMode=FullScreenWindowed

Maybe that'll help.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Here's that whole section from mine. You could try copy/paste adding it to your INI. (you might not want my refresh rate setting :giggle: )
[Display]
AllowDesktopCompositing=True
AllowFakeFullScreen=True
AllowWindowResizing=True
Antialiasing=Disabled
ConfineFullScreenMouseCursor=True
FixedOutputScaling=Default
ForceFakeFullScreen=False
FullScreen=False
RefreshRate=144hz
Resolution=1920x1080
ScreenMode=FullScreenWindowed
ShowIntroMovie=False
SyncToRefresh=False
TripleBuffering=False
WindowedResolution=1920x1080

So, it's an old thread but it seems I've found a solution (at least, for me). I have no idea why and how it works but starting DS4Windows before the DDO launcher makes the game work. I keep DS4Windows running and have no issues with DDO. It also solved my problems with LOTRO. Previously, I was able to start the game but after alt-tabbibg LOTRO stopped responding and I had to delete UserPreferences file to start the game again. It does not happen with DS4Windows running. Now I can run both DDO and LOTRO just fine. I hope, it will help somebody having the problems with the black screen.