Bleed the Weak Imbue not WAI ?

The Dark Hunter imbue 'Bleed the Weak' is doing approximately 1/8th of the damage I do when I use the 'Venomed Blades' imbue with the same number of extra imbue dice.

Am I missing something ?

I can see that venomed blades scales with 200% ranged power, but surely that doesn't account for an 8x difference. Even 'Sting of the Ninja' is doing about 4x or 5x damage relative to 'Bleed the Weak'.

Is 'Bleed the Weak' bugged? Does it not scale with ranged power ? Based on the numbers it doesn't seem to be scaling with melee power either, at least not when used on a ranged weapon. I've been experimenting with a Drow (12 Dark Hunter, 6 Monk, 2 Rogue) using shuriken.

Thulsadoom

It scales with melee power not ranged power. I think this is where your confused. Its not bugged, your welcome :D

Lacci

The description of the enhancement says it should scale with the higher of melee or ranged power.

But how do you tell the damage of bleed the weak anyway ?
It doesn´t show up as its own damage type and in the combat log it just always says "you hit XY with bleed the weak" but not for how much damage.
I´m still on the fence whether it´s worth it or whether I should go with the lightning imbue from Tempest instead... (but that one only scales with melee power)

Last edited:

Thulsadoom

In your options you can turn on overhead damage delivered, test it on the dummy in your guild ship it will be the one with red diamond shape i believe

Lacci

Ah no, ok, I did some more tests, "bleed the weak" for some reason registers as "piercing damage" in the combat log...

timir78

From Release notes for U60: - Dark Hunter's Bleed the Weak now properly scales with Melee and Ranged Power

so probably mele/ranged power didnt work on it

From my testing in May-June, at least on shuriken, the imbue wasn't scaling with mp or rp. It may have been scaling on melee weapons with mp. In any case, I'll be tr'ing in a few hours to test it now post u60 bug fix. Hopefully it's now scaling properly with mp and rp.

Its still not scaling. Very disappointed. "Bleed the Weak" Dark Hunter Imbue is still not scaling post u60 fix(?) with ranged power or melee power - at least not on shuriken.

'Bleed the Weak' may be a 'not scaling with ranged power or melee power' problem ... or it may be a 'not scaling with doubleshot/strike problem' ... or other ?

Somehow or other though 'bleed the weak' is doing a small fraction of the damage of other imbues. Devs can we please get to the bottom of this? Dark Hunter has been out 5 months and the imbue is still doing insignificant damage relative to other imbues.

ie. My ranged power is about double my melee power. Yet the Henshin 'light the candle' imbue which is d6 x mp is doing double the damage of 'bleed the weak' which is supposably d8-12 x rp. Something is very wrong here even post u60 bug fix.

Last edited: